Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,975 members, 7,817,874 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 09:49 PM

FG To Sell Oil In Naira To Dangote Refinery - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / FG To Sell Oil In Naira To Dangote Refinery (33995 Views)

NNPC To Supply 300,000 Barrels Of Crude To Dangote Refinery / FG Grants N16 Trillion Waiver To Dangote, Honeywell, 44 Others / How Suspended NPA MD, Hadiza Bala Ceded Intels Terminals To Dangote (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: FG To Sell Oil In Naira To Dangote Refinery by Originalsly: 11:03am On Feb 28, 2021
Emary:

So the plan is to sell this man our crude at cheap rates, only for him to resell the refined products to us at even higher rates than importers currently do? Real monopoly. Well, at least after this, we should hear no more about subsidy.

Bro... must you be negative?.... even if it means being an illiterate? Where does the post say Dangote will be sold our crude at cheap rates? You start off on a lie.... then build on it... but if I say you be rumour monger... you no gree.

@ topic.... I don't understand why the fuss as if is rocket science to come to the decision for local crude to be processed by a local refinery. And between the lines... seems they are suggesting the future of the country is based on the refinery. But somehow.... I have the feeling foreign interests will find a way to cripple that refinery.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Sell Oil In Naira To Dangote Refinery by Nobody: 11:09am On Feb 28, 2021
Originalsly:

Bro... must you be negative?.... even if it means being an illiterate? Where does the post say Dangote will be sold our crude at cheap rates? You start off on a lie.... then build on it... but if I say you be rumour monger... you no green.

@ topic.... I don't understand why the fuss as if is rocket science to come to the decision for local crude to be processed by a local refinery. And between the lines... seems they are suggesting the future of the country is based on the refinery. But somehow.... I have the feeling foreign interests will find a way to cripple that refinery.

The only thing that would cripple the refinery is us selling at lower prices than the cost of production.

Which is what crippled NNPC refienreis....because people prefer cheap fuel

Niger has a running refienry...and it sells fuel from that refinery at N350 per liter. Costly, but at the same time, enough to make it profitable, and also make Niger an exporter of fuel to Mali, Burkina and here.

Foreign interests would want Dangote refinery to succeed...ESPECIALLY as DANOGTE TOOK loans from foreign banks to build the refienry...big foreign banks. A failure of the refinery would hit those banks hard.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Sell Oil In Naira To Dangote Refinery by Emary(f): 11:11am On Feb 28, 2021
loswhite:
Where did you get this information from? Did you read it from this post?

Good question. https://www.proshareng.com/news/Oil%20&%20Gas/FG--Dangote-Refinery-Will-Sell-Petrol-at-International-Price/53251

1 Like

Re: FG To Sell Oil In Naira To Dangote Refinery by alexola20(m): 11:15am On Feb 28, 2021
Re: FG To Sell Oil In Naira To Dangote Refinery by MansoryMX(m): 11:18am On Feb 28, 2021
MEGA4BILLION:
Will the cabal holding this country to ransom allow the refinery to run?

Because we know a working refinery will curtail their stealing.

Dude, the cabals owns Dangote Company. The name and Man Dangote is just a figured head there! Dangote is a group of companies! Not owned by one man but many shareholders! The cabals are the shareholders that is why everything goes easy for Dangote group PLC

1 Like

Re: FG To Sell Oil In Naira To Dangote Refinery by alexola20(m): 11:20am On Feb 28, 2021
Re: FG To Sell Oil In Naira To Dangote Refinery by alexola20(m): 11:20am On Feb 28, 2021
Re: FG To Sell Oil In Naira To Dangote Refinery by alexola20(m): 11:22am On Feb 28, 2021
Re: FG To Sell Oil In Naira To Dangote Refinery by TripleAkutigi: 11:27am On Feb 28, 2021
E no go buy it like DAT.
Re: FG To Sell Oil In Naira To Dangote Refinery by MansoryMX(m): 11:27am On Feb 28, 2021
Godarz:

The fact is, the cabals don't own Dangote.

There are over 60 licenses that have been issued for refineries in Nigeria. Less than ten have been taken up...and most of them won't be refining fuel (BUA's Imo refinery will refine everything apart from PMS)

Problem is, because government is fixing the price of fuel..and paying a subsidy that does not cover the resulting losses...no one wants to refine fuel in Nigeria. Unless your name is Dangote...who by the way took loans to provide most of the financing for his refinery...which were given to him because the banks know they can get their money back if the refinery loses money...by taking over his other companies.

If government stopped fixing the price of fuel, while prices would shoot up., most of the remaining licensee's would promptly start building refineries to take advantage of the profits in the fuel business. Increased producton means increased business which means prices fall by competiton.

Forget cabals. Dangote appears to be the only one because he has the money to risk building a refinery in a country where he risks losing money because of government price controls on fuel prices.Other private refineries like BUA avoid that risk by refining everything else but petrol

If You think Dangote is the sole owner of that company then you have no knowledge of what PLC means on the name of a company or the word Group in that company’s name cheesy
Re: FG To Sell Oil In Naira To Dangote Refinery by Nobody: 11:34am On Feb 28, 2021
alexola20:
Which kind stupid loans dem take?
I really wish Nigerians knew how many hundreds of billion of dollars or even trillion that has been stolen away by these thieves.

I swear sometimes I think Nigerians deserve what they are getting since some of them have refused to think
logically.

Okay may government start fixing the price of your business products so that government can help the poor...at your expense
Re: FG To Sell Oil In Naira To Dangote Refinery by Nobody: 11:36am On Feb 28, 2021
MansoryMX:

If You think Dangote is the sole owner of that company then you have no knowledge of what PLC means on the name of a company or the word Group in that company’s name cheesy

Yes ﹰPﹰLﹰC covers them shareholders who are made up of people from all walks of life....poor and rich. Northerners and ﹰSoutherners.
Re: FG To Sell Oil In Naira To Dangote Refinery by SmartPolician: 11:38am On Feb 28, 2021
udoka2013:
We are watching. Dangote this, Dangote that. I am beginning to understand that, there are some hiden facts concerning this company. Because of this company the border was opened recently. The fuel price was increased because of their refinery. Cement was meant to favour them over their competitors. Foreign exchange favours them. Now again, central bank governor visits them with a gigantic grant. And many more. Other companies should enjoy the same favour as Dangote. That is my stand.

I laugh whenever Ndigbo say they don't need the government to succeed.

That's the most stupid comment ever.
Re: FG To Sell Oil In Naira To Dangote Refinery by pat077: 11:40am On Feb 28, 2021
Godarz:

So, by extension, you think that government should fix the prices of goods and services that everyone sells, so that at the end of the day, everyone operates at a loss, and our economy goes into more severe meltdown.

If you support government price fixing for Dangote, you should also support government forcing you to sell your goods as a businessman at a price below what you need it to make a profit.

Dangote is a businessman, and businessmen and women are not charity operators. Yes, he increases prices, and yes I honestly don't like it. But at the end of the day, the money he makes goes into salaries of staff, and taxes to the government at all levels, and the occasional charitable activity.

Again, if you don't like Dangote, buy BUA or Lafarge cement, and stop grumbling.
nobody is saying government should fix the price. He is doing it because of the monopoly he enjoys. If government didn't ban the importation of cement will he be selling at such exorbitant price?
Re: FG To Sell Oil In Naira To Dangote Refinery by SmartPolician: 11:42am On Feb 28, 2021
olatade:
we need many more dangotes in this country

Dangote is a brand used to cover up slashed loots in Nigeria.

While he is monopolizing the entire economy, he also adds value to Nigeria and Nigerians.
Re: FG To Sell Oil In Naira To Dangote Refinery by MansoryMX(m): 11:44am On Feb 28, 2021
Godarz:

Yes ﹰPﹰLﹰC covers them shareholders who are made up of people from all walks of life....poor and rich. Northerners and ﹰSoutherners.

Young man Stop deceiving yourself. Secondly, We all know why the border restrictions was let loose a bit
Re: FG To Sell Oil In Naira To Dangote Refinery by prof2007: 11:49am On Feb 28, 2021
QuotaSystem:
Dangote's refinery will definitely be a game changer for the Nigerian economy.

What a genius strategy. Imagine a scenario where other African countries would be looking for Nigerian Naira in order to purchase Nigerian Petroleum Products. It would increase the organic demand for our currency thereby boosting its value significantly...

...Finally, the disgraceful economic anomaly wherein the 6th largest oil producer in the world is one of the biggest importers of petrol from less endowed countries, and continuously suffers whenever crude prices rise instead of enjoying the largesse like fellow oil producers, will finally come to an end thanks to Dangote's refinery. I wish him the best and I'm excited for Nigeria.

Your head is squarely placed on your shoulders...now following you.

2 Likes

Re: FG To Sell Oil In Naira To Dangote Refinery by Zetty177x: 12:09pm On Feb 28, 2021
[quote author=QuotaSystem post=99472696]Dangote's refinery will definitely be a game changer for the Nigerian economy.

What a genius strategy. Imagine a scenario where other African countries would be looking for Nigerian Naira in order to purchase Nigerian Petroleum Products. It would increase the organic demand for our currency thereby boosting its value significantly.

This does not make sense. There is no way Dangote's petrol would be more expensive because not only has the issue of landing cost been eliminated since we're no longer importing, but the market has also been deregulated (which is why we suffer price hikes whenever price of crude or USD rises).

You're right about elimination of subsidy which will save us significant amounts of money, but even greater benefits would come from saving millions of USD daily that would have been wasted to import refined petrol (a whopping 41% of our forex saved); further boosting our foreign reserves and the value of the Naira. The multiplier benefits from job creation and development of allied industries to support the refinery and petrochemical plant are better imagined.

Finally, the disgraceful economic anomaly wherein the 6th largest oil producer in the world is one of the biggest importers of petrol from less endowed countries, and continuously suffers whenever crude prices rise instead of enjoying the largesse like fellow oil producers, will finally come to an end thanks to Dangote's refinery. I wish him the best and I'm excited for Nigeria. [/quote

I see

1 Like

Re: FG To Sell Oil In Naira To Dangote Refinery by chrisxxx(m): 12:11pm On Feb 28, 2021
BabaOwen:
See this one grin I'm from Ikorodu in Lagos state. Tell us where you're from make we know the pauper state between your state and I.
Look at this ikorodu boy oooo!
This ikorodu boy talking to Pitakwa boy! I pity you.
Re: FG To Sell Oil In Naira To Dangote Refinery by Zetty177x: 12:12pm On Feb 28, 2021
QuotaSystem:
Dangote's refinery will definitely be a game changer for the Nigerian economy.

What a genius strategy. Imagine a scenario where other African countries would be looking for Nigerian Naira in order to purchase Nigerian Petroleum Products. It would increase the organic demand for our currency thereby boosting its value significantly.

Nothing I repeat nothing that Buhari/APC planned or said has worked as planned. They always think one-sided. And then boom it fails. Trust me, by the time they start selling fuel to Nigeria, it will be between #300 to #500. Mark my words . I'm not a prophet of doom. Bit a realist. I will save ur Monilker to remind u. May God keep us alive. It's just one year they claimed. You Re excited for Nigeria. Jess! How gullible! Til next year bro

This does not make sense. There is no way Dangote's petrol would be more expensive because not only has the issue of landing cost been eliminated since we're no longer importing, but the market has also been deregulated (which is why we suffer price hikes whenever price of crude or USD rises).

You're right about elimination of subsidy which will save us significant amounts of money, but even greater benefits would come from saving millions of USD daily that would have been wasted to import refined petrol (a whopping 41% of our forex saved); further boosting our foreign reserves and the value of the Naira. The multiplier benefits from job creation and development of allied industries to support the refinery and petrochemical plant are better imagined.

Finally, the disgraceful economic anomaly wherein the 6th largest oil producer in the world is one of the biggest importers of petrol from less endowed countries, and continuously suffers whenever crude prices rise instead of enjoying the largesse like fellow oil producers, will finally come to an end thanks to Dangote's refinery. I wish him the best and I'm excited for Nigeria.

1 Like

Re: FG To Sell Oil In Naira To Dangote Refinery by Nobody: 12:19pm On Feb 28, 2021
chrisxxx:
This country is truly mortgaged to Dangote. Nigeria needs to carry out her foreign obligation.
did dangote stop you and your family from building your own refinery? BUA is building his own. be grateful.
Re: FG To Sell Oil In Naira To Dangote Refinery by Nobody: 12:21pm On Feb 28, 2021
this refinery is a new strategy by the north to cease the economy of Nigeria, I will advice southern business to build their own refinery too to balance the equation and prevent monopoly. otedola should wake up.
Re: FG To Sell Oil In Naira To Dangote Refinery by Originalsly: 12:38pm On Feb 28, 2021
Godarz:

The only thing that would cripple the refinery is us selling at lower prices than the cost of production.

Which is what crippled NNPC refienreis....because people prefer cheap fuel

Niger has a running refienry...and it sells fuel from that refinery at N350 per liter. Costly, but at the same time, enough to make it profitable, and also make Niger an exporter of fuel to Mali, Burkina and here.

Foreign interests would want Dangote refinery to succeed...ESPECIALLY as DANOGTE TOOK loans from foreign banks to build the refienry...big foreign banks. A failure of the refinery would hit those banks hard.

A private refinery will not sell below production cost. A government refinery will... because of politics... to gain votes to maintain power. Banks do not give loans and hope they get their money back... before they give the loan.. they have guarantees of getting their money back and making a profit... even if the refinery fails on Day 1. World Bank ... as well as China... are quick to give Nigeria loans when they know the projects intended are highly likely to fail. When we hear of these loans.. we never hear about the conditions. The foreign interests I refer to are international oil refineries/countries. When Dangote refinery beging production.... we would no longer need to import fuel. The companies we are presently importing from... would lose huge revenue.... and so would their country. It will be in their interest to cripple Dangote refinery.... and that can easily be done and blamed on terrorist activity.
Re: FG To Sell Oil In Naira To Dangote Refinery by Nobody: 12:41pm On Feb 28, 2021
Originalsly:

A private refinery will not sell below production cost. A government refinery will... because of politics... to gain votes to maintain power. Banks do not give loans and hope they get their money back... before they give the loan.. they have guarantees of getting their money back and making a profit... even if the refinery fails on Day 1. World Bank ... as well as China... are quick to give Nigeria loans when they know the projects intended are highly likely to fail. When we hear of these loans.. we never hear about the conditions. The foreign interests I refer to are international oil refineries/countries. When Dangote refinery beging production.... we would no longer need to import fuel. The companies we are presently importing from... would lose huge revenue.... and so would their country. It will be in their interest to cripple Dangote refinery.... and that can easily be done and blamed on terrorist activity.

They would, and they won't be able to do anything about it....because they are not in Nigeria.

Refinereis don't work in Nigeria because foreign interests....otherwise, why would they work in Niger? Refineries don't work in Nigeria because subsidy means loss of potential profits.

1 Like

Re: FG To Sell Oil In Naira To Dangote Refinery by 7lives: 12:42pm On Feb 28, 2021
9jaRealist:

Dangote (and his so-called “conglomerate of thieves”) are creating TENS OF THOUSANDS OF JOBS FOR NIGERIANS IN NIGERIA - among all ethnic groups and across all the geopolitical regions (and not just in his hometown like some other people), who can then feed their families and educate their kids, and buy all those other goods and services that create JOBS and livelihoods for other people.
Long may that sort of “wickedness” continue. undecided
>

Amen in Jesus name.
Re: FG To Sell Oil In Naira To Dangote Refinery by Katuul: 12:43pm On Feb 28, 2021
Why couldn't the federal government build the refinery herself?

If it were to be an Igbo man now they will look for every means to frustrate his effort.

Innoson Motors has never received any federal support or promotion from this government, God dey
Re: FG To Sell Oil In Naira To Dangote Refinery by Nobody: 12:47pm On Feb 28, 2021
MansoryMX:

Young man

Thanks for the flattery. You just made me feel much better....

Stop deceiving yourself.

Well, I know many people with shares in PLC companies...and some of them were not as wealthy as the elites...

Secondly, We all know why the border restrictions was let loose a bit

Pardon?

The fact is, you want government to waste billions of naira subsidizing fuel to N40 a liter. That's why you voted for them too...n' cest pas?
Re: FG To Sell Oil In Naira To Dangote Refinery by 7lives: 12:49pm On Feb 28, 2021
mu2sa2:
I blame you somehow for even responding to people "with monkey brain." Analysts have said oil will continue play a significant role for the next 40 years and mumu people are spewing rubbish over dangote refinery. Dangote refinery will end the shame of Nigeria importing refined petroleum products. Any other Nigerian who wants to compete with him is free to do so. Dangote is a most patriotic Nigerian businessman by investing heavily in Nigerian - he makes money around the world and invest it in Nigeria. God bless him more. All these brainless ipob miscreants making stupid noises are shameless.

Post of the month.
The more I read comments on nairaland, the more I realized how unintelligent some people are and why people failed interviews.
Re: FG To Sell Oil In Naira To Dangote Refinery by loswhite(m): 12:52pm On Feb 28, 2021
Emary:

Good question. https://www.proshareng.com/news/Oil%20&%20Gas/FG--Dangote-Refinery-Will-Sell-Petrol-at-International-Price/53251
So the price of crude oil in USD converted to naira exchange and paid in naira doesn't mean selling cheap to dangote refinery...The focus is on strengthening the naira, part of the problem we are having currently is that our currency is weak
Re: FG To Sell Oil In Naira To Dangote Refinery by Originalsly: 12:53pm On Feb 28, 2021
Godarz:

They would, and they won't be able to do anything about it....because they are not in Nigeria.

Refinereis don't work in Nigeria because foreign interests....otherwise, why would they work in Niger? Refineries don't work in Nigeria because subsidy means loss of potential profits.

As a private company.... if the price of fuel is subsidized... it is subsidized by the government... not the company. The government pays the subsidy to Dangote... he is not losing profit.
Re: FG To Sell Oil In Naira To Dangote Refinery by Nobody: 12:53pm On Feb 28, 2021
pat077:
nobody is saying government should fix the price. He is doing it because of the monopoly he enjoys. If government didn't ban the importation of cement will he be selling at such exorbitant price?

Lafarge and BUA are available.

Buy from there.

Thank you.
Re: FG To Sell Oil In Naira To Dangote Refinery by grandstar(m): 12:54pm On Feb 28, 2021
This doesn't sound right.

Why sell to him in Naira, a currency that isn't stable? A currency that loses about half its value every 5 years.

Also at what exchange rate? Is it the official or the export rate? I'm sure the official rate, thereby depriving the nation of billions. This is an unwelcome subsidy

Dangote has said he'll sell his crude oil at the international market rate. Why then subsidize him heavily?

1 Like 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

DSS Asks Buhari To Prosecute Oshiomhole For Making Millions Of Dollars From APC / Obaseki And Shuaibu Visit Oba Rilwan Akiolu In Lagos (Photos) / PMB, Tinubu, Amaechi & Members Of The Campaign Council In 4 + 4 Pose (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 74
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.