Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,952 members, 7,952,832 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 04:53 AM

When The Church Becomes A Business - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / When The Church Becomes A Business (736 Views)

*when The Church Becomes A Business* / Female Pastor Dumps Church, Becomes A Stripper In US (Photos) / When And Why Did You Change The Church You Were Born Into? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

When The Church Becomes A Business by Weneda(m): 5:10am On Feb 28, 2021
I'm a christian but this days i wonder what is going on in our churches. The decay in the christaindome is so much that made me to compile these list as follows;

1) Pastors function like CEOs
2) Members are turned into customers
3) Other churches are seen as competitions
4) Evangelism is reduced to marketing
5) Church planting looks more like franchising
6) Numbers are primary measure of success
7) Prayer and Word study are replaced by formulas
cool Revival is reduced to a few days fund-raising program
9) Preaching sounds more like motivational speech.
All the people do is shout "I receive, Amen,"
throughout the concert. I mean the "service".
10) Praise and Worship is turned into a performance. The best actors are made the worship and praise leaders.
11) The Spirit of God is reduced to "emotionalism".
No real power of God other than hypnosis and sensationalism.
12) The saints are entertained instead of equipped
13) Disciples of Christ have become papa's sons, daughters and fans.
14) The Church, a living Body has now become a lifeless body
15) A leader's empire is built instead of the
Kingdom of God advanced
16) The pastor becomes the super man and Jesus
Christ reduced to just another religious figure.

Does any one of these sound familiar in this
generation? Beloved, if you are under these pattern of "Christianity" you are already in a cult, not the Church of Jesus Christ. Get out before it is too late!!!

All I have highlighted above is exactly what made Jesus himself to ask: "When the Son of Man comes, will He find faith in the Earth?" (Luke 18.cool
AMEN!!!
https://www.ngrealnews.com/2021/02/when-church-becomes-business.html?m=1

1 Like

Re: When The Church Becomes A Business by masterP042(m): 5:52am On Feb 28, 2021
The church today lack power, hardly you see or hear of any miracle these days, they're so much after increasing their membership. If what they preach actually works, they wouldn't struggle much to attract members, I don't see the apostles in the bible praying and crying over increase in membership, increase occurs naturally when there's manifestation of power. When people see results, they wouldn't be coerced to join a trend or association..

I don't want to talk about misappropriation of church funds, motivational messages and other things op mentioned.
I'm more interested in this membership drive, cos I attend winners, and I'm so tired of this membership drive abi church growth, every prayer point is all about bringing members, Nigeria is on fire, economy in shambles, Leah Sharibu in bondage, Heavenly race not yet achieved, all these topics to pray about, but no, 90 percent of their prayer is church growth.. It cannot be forced. Show that power apostles displayed in the bible, if 5 popular sick or mad people in a town are healed, the church will not contain people.
Imagine sometime last year, some of our full-time pastors were not paid because the church did not "grow".

3 Likes

Re: When The Church Becomes A Business by Monogamy: 6:09am On Feb 28, 2021
More than average number of Nigeria churches are simply business center

1 Like

Re: When The Church Becomes A Business by Tokskob2008: 6:30am On Feb 28, 2021
The church has always been about business, the pastor's knows, members and the outside world knows this as well but everyone is just playing along be it as a result of ignorance or just pure stupidity.

1 Like

Re: When The Church Becomes A Business by Goke7: 6:37am On Feb 28, 2021
masterP042:
The church today lack power, hardly you see or hear of any miracle these days, they're so much after increasing their membership. If what they preach actually works, they wouldn't struggle much to attract members, I don't see the apostles in the bible praying and crying over increase in membership, increase occurs naturally when there's manifestation of power. When people see results, they wouldn't be coerced to join a trend or association..

I don't want to talk about misappropriation of church funds, motivational messages and other things op mentioned.
I'm more interested in this membership drive, cos I attend winners, and I'm so tired of this membership drive abi church growth, every prayer point is all about bringing members, Nigeria is on fire, economy in shambles, Leah Sharibu in bondage, Heavenly race not yet achieved, all these topics to pray about, but no, 90 percent of their prayer is church growth.. It cannot be forced. Show that power apostles displayed in the bible, if 5 popular sick or mad people in a town are healed, the church will not contain people.
Imagine sometime last year, some of our full-time pastors were not paid because the church did not "grow".

More members, more money that's the drift. Ministry has become hustling and branding for our pastors. We now have a generation of lazy pastors who think there's easy money to make in church and they are misleading an entire young generation with this scam and anyone who speak up is seen as attacking the church.
Re: When The Church Becomes A Business by tobechi74: 7:54am On Feb 28, 2021
The church is registered as a buisness in cooperate affairs commission
Re: When The Church Becomes A Business by MaxInDHouse(m): 3:03pm On Feb 28, 2021
Church became a business venture after 1914 when Jesus ousted Satan from heaven, and Jesus came to visit the earth to see how the churches are doing only to found out that all of them have gone off course.
So he chose a small group of people who were willing to make amendments in their beliefs and every other religion turned the JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES Organization into a laughing stock for making changes in so many things they formerly believed unknowingly to the churches that Jesus is one correcting this group.
Today after 100 year that Jesus began the restoration of pure worship (Christianity) all the other churches have become business ventures and fighting among themselves for the riches of the world.

So this is the time to run away from false religions claiming Christians! Revelations 18:4

God bless you and may you have PEACE! smiley

(1) (Reply)

The Mysteries Of The Kingdom Of God / How To Know If You Have An Incubus Or Succubus Demon Attached To You / Hours After Pastor Dare Was Announced Dead, Read What TB Joshua Points Out Conce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.