Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,090 members, 7,821,769 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 06:08 PM

Zack Snyder Explains Why Joker Is In His Justice League Movie - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Zack Snyder Explains Why Joker Is In His Justice League Movie (209 Views)

Netflix: Ikorodu Bois Meets Army Of The Dead Director, Zack Snyder (video) / How I Saved A Girl From Jungle Justice In Onitsha - Henry Ikenna Ugwu / Sergent Rogers To Nnamdi Kanu: You Are A Joker That Should Be Dealt With. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Zack Snyder Explains Why Joker Is In His Justice League Movie by miniming: 8:14am On Feb 28, 2021
Zack Snyder Explains Why Joker Is In His Justice League Movie

Why is Joker in Batman's Knightmare? Justice League director Zack Snyder explains.

One of the most surprising revelations about Zack Snyder's director's cut of Justice League is that the film will feature the return of the Joker, as portrayed by Jared Leto--who reprises his role from the Suicide Squad movie. For those wondering how this came about, Snyder gave some context during IGN's Fan Fest.

As revealed in a trailer for Justice League, Joker appears in Batman's Knightmare vision of a post-apocalyptic world that was first seen in Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice. How that fits into this movie and whether it's actually a version of the future or merely a dream remains to be seen, though it could have something to do with the cliffhanger that will end the Snyder Cut. Regardless, that setting was too tempting for Snyder to not include Joker.

"You'd always wanted [Joker] to be in the Knightmare reality," he explained. "And so it was a great opportunity. And when I talked to Jared and he was interested in doing it, I just felt like, 'Okay, this feels like a thing. I can't pass up.'"

As for Joker's new look in the film, Snyder elaborated on the makeover. "What inspired the look was, you know, the sort of post-apocalyptic world that I'm a huge fan," he said. What's more, this version of Joker--and the Knightmare sequence as a whole--could have eventually fed into future movies.

"The idea was that as the movies progressed, the next movie--if there ever was one and it doesn't seem like there ever will be--but if there was, it would exist primarily in that world with them trying to set it right," he explained. "We played around with a lot of different things. I did a bunch of drawings and we pulled a bunch of different costumes and tried a bunch of different looks. Jared had a bunch of great ideas and we all kind of mashed that together and sort of settled on this cool version of Joker."

Got a news tip : pgslot

(1) (Reply)

UBA Shoots Profit To N132b / MURIC Working To Turn ITF Into A Religious Organization, Coalition Raises Alarms / Covid Vaccine Suspended In Some Countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.