Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,222 members, 7,818,762 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 01:03 AM

How Long Does It Take For A Loaded Container To Arrive Nigeria - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How Long Does It Take For A Loaded Container To Arrive Nigeria (582 Views)

Bodies Of Herbert Wigwe, Wife & Son Arrive Port Harcourt Airport (Photos) / Wudil Kano Cattle Market: Where 60 Trucks Arrive, Leave Weekly / How Long Does Overseas Shipment From JUMIA Takes To Arrive Nigeria? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How Long Does It Take For A Loaded Container To Arrive Nigeria by Olamicool141: 11:54am On Feb 28, 2021
Hello,
Please I've got a container loaded with a car and other goods and it's been sent since November from the US. I still haven't heard anything.
How long does it take to arrive Lagos and is there a way for me to know whether it has arrived or not?
Re: How Long Does It Take For A Loaded Container To Arrive Nigeria by agarawu23(m): 2:13pm On Feb 28, 2021
Olamicool141:
Hello,
Please I've got a container loaded with a car and other goods and it's been sent since November from the US. I still haven't heard anything.
How long does it take to arrive Lagos and is there a way for me to know whether it has arrived or not?
they should give u tracking number. That's when you can know if truly your goods was transported and the time it will arrive lagos port
Re: How Long Does It Take For A Loaded Container To Arrive Nigeria by Olamicool141: 8:11pm On Feb 28, 2021
agarawu23:
they should give u tracking number. That's when you can know if truly your goods was transported and the time it will arrive lagos port

Thanks boss. The container was sent through a shipping agent. He didn't give any tracking ID. He said he'll let us know when it arrives and he hasn't said anything. I'm worried but he's saying it's almost in Lagos. For 4 freaking months
Re: How Long Does It Take For A Loaded Container To Arrive Nigeria by agarawu23(m): 8:37pm On Feb 28, 2021
Olamicool141:

Thanks boss. The container was sent through a shipping agent. He didn't give any tracking ID. He said he'll let us know when it arrives and he hasn't said anything. I'm worried but he's saying it's almost in Lagos. For 4 freaking months
shipping agent or not, u need to have the tracking number as the owner of the goods. I just pray you aren't being scammed. Or your container never leave port for US. Even Canada that's far don't take up to 4 months to arrive Lagos port.

Shipping from US takes 6-8weeks

2 Likes

Re: How Long Does It Take For A Loaded Container To Arrive Nigeria by Olamicool141: 10:26pm On Feb 28, 2021
I'll confirm that sir.
Thanks for your advice
I'll surely grill him for d tracking number.
Thanks boss

agarawu23:
shipping agent or not, u need to have the tracking number as the owner of the goods. I just pray you aren't being scammed. Or your container never leave port for US. Even Canada that's far don't take up to 4 months to arrive Lagos port.

Shipping from US takes 6-8weeks

1 Like

Re: How Long Does It Take For A Loaded Container To Arrive Nigeria by MarketDispatch: 11:21pm On Feb 28, 2021
Olamicool141:

When your goods is shipped, you should have a Bill of lading. The bill of lading shows the name of vessel. With the Bill of laden number and the name of vessel, you can track your container.

So find out from the person that shipped the goods for you.
Re: How Long Does It Take For A Loaded Container To Arrive Nigeria by Olamicool141: 11:46pm On Feb 28, 2021
MarketDispatch:

When your goods is shipped, you should have a Bill of lading. The bill of lading shows the name of vessel. With the Bill of laden number and the name of vessel, you can track your container.

So find out from the person that shipped the goods for you.

Ok sir
Re: How Long Does It Take For A Loaded Container To Arrive Nigeria by MarketDispatch: 11:53pm On Feb 28, 2021
Olamicool141:

Ok sir

Bill of Laden is issued immediately the ship picks up the container onboard before it leaves departure port.

So, as the owner of the goods, you should have been given your Bill of laden since. It is what you will use to clear the container when it arrives Naija.

Without Bill of Laden, you don't own any container.
Re: How Long Does It Take For A Loaded Container To Arrive Nigeria by KingOfThePay(m): 12:27am On Mar 01, 2021
MarketDispatch:

Bill of Laden is issued immediately the ship picks up the container onboard before it leaves departure port.

So, as the owner of the goods, you should have been given your Bill of laden since. It is what you will use to clear the container when it arrives Naija.

Without Bill of Laden, you don't own any container.

The above bolded says it all. 4 Months and you were never issued Bill of Laden? ... more importantly no tracking id.. Like you said yourself, you gotta grill your shipping agent

(1) (Reply)

Have You Actually Made Money Online ? Share Your Experiences / Newly Built POS Kiosk For Sale / Digital Marketing Agency Startup Looking For Well Skilled Freelancers For Collab

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 21
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.