Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,802 members, 7,810,090 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 08:32 PM

How To Identify An Online Scammer - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / How To Identify An Online Scammer (215 Views)

5 Ways To Identify Fake Currency Notes / How To Identify A Very Profitable Business Idea - Nigeriaonlinebusiness / How To Identify And Start Profitable Business In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Identify An Online Scammer by Resuscitate: 2:51pm On Feb 28, 2021
Hi everyone, this is my first time of creating a thread here and I created this thread out of necessity to seek for your help.

I have some payoneer funds I want to sell to an exchanger, though I'm yet to pick any exchanger since it's difficult to identify the legit ones, but the problem I want to resolve first before engaging an exchanger is how can I identify or verify that an exchanger is legit and isn't someone that will abscond with my hard earned money.

we all know the transaction is going to be a payoneer to payoneer transfer, while the person is going to pay me in cash, and should anything go wrong, there'll be no way for me to trace the exchanger's Nigerian bank account and seek for it to be blocked should he/she refuse to keep to his/her end of the bargain. So please, what are the things I need to do to verify the credibility of the exchanger before engaging in a transaction with him/her.

please, those of you that have exchanged payoneer funds before and it was successful should please help me out. Thanks in anticipation of your helpful responses.
Re: How To Identify An Online Scammer by Nobody: 7:16pm On Feb 28, 2021
Resuscitate:
Hi everyone, this is my first time of creating a thread here and I created this thread out of necessity to seek for your help.

I have some payoneer funds I want to sell to an exchanger, though I'm yet to pick any exchanger since it's difficult to identify the legit ones, but the problem I want to resolve first before engaging an exchanger is how can I identify or verify that an exchanger is legit and isn't someone that will abscond with my hard earned money.

we all know the transaction is going to be a payoneer to payoneer transfer, while the person is going to pay me in cash, and should anything go wrong, there'll be no way for me to trace the exchanger's Nigerian bank account and seek for it to be blocked should he/she refuse to keep to his/her end of the bargain. So please, what are the things I need to do to verify the credibility of the exchanger before engaging in a transaction with him/her.

please, those of you that have exchanged payoneer funds before and it was successful should please help me out. Thanks in anticipation of your helpful responses.

There are many legit payoneer exchangers on this thread https://www.nairaland.com/5828664/currency-e-currency-market-deals-2020/802
They are the ones you should identify and trade with. If you are unsure of anybody use escrow. You will find legit escrow on that thread too just ask and don't trade with anyone without doing due diligence simply search their username on nairaland.
Re: How To Identify An Online Scammer by jadyclem(m): 9:13pm On Feb 28, 2021
Resuscitate:

You just need to be careful with anyone you're gonna deal with here because it's really every difficult to differentiate the legit guys from the scammers as some of the scammers were once legit people. Try to get the person's personal information and if possible request for his/her bank account number even if the transaction is going to be on payoneer.
Re: How To Identify An Online Scammer by Resuscitate: 9:50pm On Feb 28, 2021
webshopNG:

There are many legit payoneer exchangers on this thread https://www.nairaland.com/5828664/currency-e-currency-market-deals-2020/802
They are the ones you should identify and trade with. If you are unsure of anybody use escrow. You will find legit escrow on that thread too just ask and don't trade with anyone without doing due diligence simply search their username on nairaland.
Thanks very much for the help. I'll check out the thread you shared. thanks

(1) (Reply)

Learn How To Create An E-commerce Store On Whatsapp And Generate Massive Sales / CBN Introduces the “Naira 4 Dollar Scheme” for Diaspora Remittances / "My RESULTS Speaks For Themselves."

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.