Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,335 members, 7,819,168 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:13 PM

Govt Pays Boko Haram, Bandits But Want Me Dead – Sunday Igboho - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Govt Pays Boko Haram, Bandits But Want Me Dead – Sunday Igboho (461 Views)

Reno Omokri: Sheikh Gumi Defends Bandits But Never Speaks For Their Victims / El-Rufai: Boko Haram, Bandits Are Different From IPOB, Nnamdi Kanu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Go Down)

Govt Pays Boko Haram, Bandits But Want Me Dead – Sunday Igboho by Officialhorlah(m): 2:24am On Mar 01, 2021
Sunday Adeyemo aka Sunday Igboho has accused the federal government of planning to eliminate him.

He made the accusations on a radio programme, City Talks with Reuben Abati.

The Yoruba activist lambasted the government for negotiating with bandits and paying ransom to them

Igboho spoke on his recent face-off with the Department of State Services (DSS) on the Lagos-Ibadan highway.

The self-acclaimed freedom fighter recalled that he took off his clothes when operatives fired shots.

He called the event an embarrassment and insisted he was fighting for the Yoruba.

“I’m not a criminal, I’m a businessman. I pay my tax to the government every month, I have evidence. Should I be going on the road and some people attempt to kill me? Why do they want to kill me? Their plan on Friday was to kill me.

“You put fear in us so we cannot move about. They encourage and give money to Boko Haram and bandits. Fulani people raping and killing our people in the forests but security operatives are not going after them.

“It is those of us you’re killing that the government and DSS are chasing. Should that be the situation?”, Igboho queried.

The DSS denied reports that its operatives attempted to arrest the citizen.

“The said news is misinforming and should be taken as fake and therefore be disregarded”, Peter Afunanya, the spokesman said.

Cc Myynd44

https://dailypost.ng/2021/02/28/govt-pays-boko-haram-bandits-but-want-me-dead-sunday-igboho/

Re: Govt Pays Boko Haram, Bandits But Want Me Dead – Sunday Igboho by Optional09: 2:26am On Mar 01, 2021
The entire Yoruba people must support Sunday igboho until we break out of Nigeria and build a fantastic country for the Yoruba people.

1 Like

Re: Govt Pays Boko Haram, Bandits But Want Me Dead – Sunday Igboho by Nobody: 2:53am On Mar 01, 2021
b
Re: Govt Pays Boko Haram, Bandits But Want Me Dead – Sunday Igboho by vastolord4(m): 3:00am On Mar 01, 2021
It's not news.. abi E shock you?

Re: Govt Pays Boko Haram, Bandits But Want Me Dead – Sunday Igboho by DuBLINGreenb(m): 3:02am On Mar 01, 2021
Welcome to The nutcase that is Nigeria.

Nigeria killed Ken Saro wiwa paid militants

They pay boko haram millions and then leave the peaceful people of the north who do not support boko haram in abject poverty.

Instead of paying the boko haram why not pay peaceful nigerians for being peaceful.

If they kidnap anybody leave them just ignore boko haram, after all Nigeria never cared about those persons when they weren't kidnapped so why pay millions to free a person who will never see a million naira till he or she dies?
If you stop paying kidnappers they'll stop kidnapping, after kidnapping, feeding and so on 20 times to 20 different groups of victims no body pays you, it doesn't even make news surely you'll stop, but immediately you pay them 85 million, 200 million and so on expect more,

Nigeria does things backwards, Nigeria rewards, supports and encourages evil that's just the way I see it

Nigeria has been drilling oil from Bayelsa and Rivers State for over 50 years yet no jobs for graduates from those areas even those who are engineers, pipe line welders and all the rest, yet they criminalise oil refining by locals, mind you the oil has spoilt the land and killed the fish so there isn't alot of legal things the people can do

the Nepotism and preference for people with certain names is very alarming and very clear as day even in the judiciary in Abuja, I was told expressly " with this name, Oga no fit make mistake accept you" the oga was one Mohammed in the High court Abuja, I was qualified and I was the first person who came, I met all requirements but the man just removed my envelop and file containing my documents, someone in the office told me so I reapplied upon reapplying the secretary told me "but you have done this before haven't you?" I said yes I called my informant to help persuade the secretary to try again the man didn't open my file he just removed it without even going through it, that was when the secretary opened up to me, I was shocked that this will happen even in judiciary they are using nepotism and man know man, I went out still hanging around to see if there's anything I can do trying to persuade the secretary to atleast let me see the man himself, while I waited a guy came wasn't dressed appropriately didn't bring any files he asked if I'm here for the same stuff I said yes, Baba didn't even bring application letter or anything he told me his aunt told him to come he went straight wrote his name on a piece of paper and just left he was given the job, without even submitting anything

We may think there is nothing wrong with all these or it doesn't concern you but one way or another we are a victims you, me, Sunday igboho and the guy who got the job through nepotism. He may have wanted something else but no way so he fell back to the thing his aunt could give him which may be nothing to him but that was what I wanted and couldn't get so I had to head back home and now I'm thinking of falling back to what someone else in my family can give me, I know it's wrong I never thought I'd even consider it but I'm getting desperate and time is ticking. This may result to me also taking something that may mean nothing to me but everything to someone else who may deserve it better or just want it more.in the long run everywhere will be filled with incompetence or people doing things they simply don't love or care enough about.

You will be a victim when you come to that office or when the service such people provides affects you, we can see it in our military, police, Power holding, Ministries in our various states and Abuja, and many more.

Nigeria has put Thousands of road blocks and check points in and around South East and South south yet no security, the uniformed men only harass civilians, forcefully take money from motorists and flee when they see actual criminals. This road block is not in Abuja, in Jigawa, in Maiduguri places that needs it more

6 Likes

Re: Govt Pays Boko Haram, Bandits But Want Me Dead – Sunday Igboho by Racoon(m): 3:52am On Mar 01, 2021
What a gross irony of a nation under an unfortunate government.
Re: Govt Pays Boko Haram, Bandits But Want Me Dead – Sunday Igboho by hisgrace090: 4:02am On Mar 01, 2021
Anyone against bokoharam today is against the govt.

Its no longer a secrete!
Re: Govt Pays Boko Haram, Bandits But Want Me Dead – Sunday Igboho by donpapa(m): 4:08am On Mar 01, 2021
Welcome to Nigeria
Re: Govt Pays Boko Haram, Bandits But Want Me Dead – Sunday Igboho by BeeBeeOoh(m): 5:40am On Mar 01, 2021
That's Buhari's Nigeria for you, a country that pampers terrorists..
Re: Govt Pays Boko Haram, Bandits But Want Me Dead – Sunday Igboho by Heavensent01(m): 5:43am On Mar 01, 2021
wake up southern Nigeria, this is how Fulani dominated that country that sent them packing

no sidonlook and allow this barbarian take away your rights,. MNK, Sunday and others had spoken

be awake southern Nigeria
Re: Govt Pays Boko Haram, Bandits But Want Me Dead – Sunday Igboho by Mynd44: 6:19am On Mar 01, 2021

(1)

Oni Commends PDP Factions For Reconciliation Moves / Police Launch Criminal Investigation Into Precious Chikwendu Fani-kayode / Court Has Shamed PDP, Vindicated Akpabio Over Prof. Ogban 3-year Jail – APC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.