Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,459 members, 7,816,077 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:44 AM

University of Lagos ,Please Advise me. - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / University of Lagos ,Please Advise me. (595 Views)

My Jamb Result Is Out; Pls Advise Me On Choice Of Career. / Losing My Mind Please Advise Me / How Do I Get My Certificate Or My Money Back, Please Advise Me? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

University of Lagos ,Please Advise me. by dan761(m): 5:46am On Mar 01, 2021
Hello House .I need your most Sincere Advise .I have a Son who intends studying Information Technology. Two things am considering .I want a Citadel of knowledge with standard and qualitative Education which is well recognized and I know Unilag fall into this Category, Secondly I strongly detest Cultism Activities. I have read in the News about Cultism Activities in some Nigerian Universities like Uniben etc The Youths nowadays can be Vulnerable , University environment can be very very Influencing .Does anyone knows much about Unilag? Thanks . I am also looking at FUTA,Akure as well .I read much about Covenant University in regards to Discipline and Standard as well ,Hmmm! but Covenant University I really wish but the fees ....No be Joke Ooo/ No be Moin Moin .
Re: University of Lagos ,Please Advise me. by yanabasee1(m): 5:56am On Mar 01, 2021
It's never about the environment..... But the the child.

If your child is a greedy and selfish person, he'd likely join cult....

If your child love to bully or intimidate others, then he'll likely join cult.

If your child is timid and have low self esteem, he's vulnerable and can easily be brainwash.

Talk boldness into him and try to let him be the manager of his life and most importantly, he should learn to manage situations without much interference of parents. Should know his rights and space and should always be ready to apologize and take blames when he's wrong.
Re: University of Lagos ,Please Advise me. by Nobody: 6:01am On Mar 01, 2021
Take him to FUTA.
Cultism is zero to none.
He will be taxed to work really hard
If he's religious it suits h perfectly. Nice reading environment. It's hard but it builds tenacity. Most futarians are very hardworking for we are taught not to look for jobs but to create one. At least that was the curriculum as far back as 2005 when I was there. Cheers
Re: University of Lagos ,Please Advise me. by BravoDe: 7:35am On Mar 01, 2021
Take him to OAU, It's cultism free. He can walk alone at anytime in the midnight without being bullied or harassed.
Re: University of Lagos ,Please Advise me. by dan761(m): 8:34am On Mar 01, 2021
MejiLoyon:
Take him to FUTA.
Cultism is zero to none.
He will be taxed to work really hard
If he's religious it suits h perfectly. Nice reading environment. It's hard but it builds tenacity. Most futarians are very hardworking for we are taught not to look for jobs but to create one. At least that was the curriculum as far back as 2005 when I was there. Cheers
. Wowww .Your description of a University fits in my desire .Thank you soooo much
Re: University of Lagos ,Please Advise me. by dan761(m): 8:35am On Mar 01, 2021
BravoDe:
Take him to OAU, It's cultism free. He can walk alone at anytime in the midnight without being bullied or harassed.
. Really ! My thought about OAU was wrong before then .I just want to Appreciate your insight and advise .
Re: University of Lagos ,Please Advise me. by dan761(m): 8:36am On Mar 01, 2021
yanabasee1:
It's never about the environment..... But the the child.

If your child is a greedy and selfish person, he'd likely join cult....

If your child love to bully or intimidate others, then he'll likely join cult.

If your child is timid and have low self esteem, he's vulnerable and can easily be brainwash.

Talk boldness into him and try to let him be the manager of his life and most importantly, he should learn to manage situations without much interference of parents. Should know his rights and space and should always be ready to apologize and take blames when he's wrong.
I Appreciate U.
Re: University of Lagos ,Please Advise me. by kmaster007: 9:00am On Mar 01, 2021
plz who no hw much part time 400/500level of unilag students pay for sch fees
Re: University of Lagos ,Please Advise me. by Nickshrapnel: 9:37am On Mar 01, 2021
Instead of you worrying about a university without cultist and cultism, why not talk to your child about the dangers of cultism and gangsterism. A good number of Nigerians went to school when cultism was being practiced in the open not now when it is done low-key and not all of us are cultist.

There is a thread here on Nairaland that talks about the dangers of cultism, perhaps you should share it with him.
Re: University of Lagos ,Please Advise me. by Evebake: 11:11am On Mar 01, 2021
From your post, it looks like you actually want him to put in for Unilag... I'm an Akokite and in my past 2years in Unilag, there's never been an issue of cultism whatsoever plus Akokites fear the issue of the whole campus being under CCTV surveillance... I doubt there's a school without cultist(s), it all depends on individuals and the choices they made
Re: University of Lagos ,Please Advise me. by kmaster007: 11:39am On Mar 01, 2021
Evebake:
From your post, it looks like you actually want him to put in for Unilag... I'm an Akokite and in my past 2years in Unilag, there's never been an issue of cultism whatsoever plus Akokites fear the issue of the whole campus being under CCTV surveillance... I doubt there's a school without cultist(s), it all depends on individuals and the choices they made
plz do you no or can you help me to find out how much 400 and 500level part time computer science sch fees...
Re: University of Lagos ,Please Advise me. by BravoDe: 9:01am On Mar 03, 2021
dan761:
. Really ! My thought about OAU was wrong before then .I just want to Appreciate your insight and advise .
Wow, you can ask around from OAU students sef, LTs are always opened 247, hostel gates too. We dey always go buy bread and egg by 2am

(1) (Reply)

10 Solid Reasons Why Government Should Consider Legalising Marijuana In Nigeria / UNIBEN Senate Suspends SUG / Which Is Better ; PHYSICS Or MATHEMATICS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.