Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,457 members, 7,816,067 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 02:02 AM

Hushpuppi Hires Top Ex Government Lawyer, Loius Shapiro To Represent Him - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / Hushpuppi Hires Top Ex Government Lawyer, Loius Shapiro To Represent Him (442 Views)

Please How Much Does An Average Low Key Lawyer Charge To Represent Me In A Case / Pastor Benjamin Akinsanya Hires Assassins To Kill Janet Ogunshola / Wife Hires Thugs To Beat Husband For Slapping Her, He Dies (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hushpuppi Hires Top Ex Government Lawyer, Loius Shapiro To Represent Him by Ruben225571(m): 2:48pm On Mar 01, 2021
One-time Instagram celebrity facing fraud-related and money laundering charges in the United States, Ramon Abass, also known as Hushpuppi, has hired a top-rated criminal defence lawyer, Loius Shapiro, to represent him in his trial. This followed the withdrawal of Gal Pissetzky and Vicki Podberesky, his former attorneys.

It was reported how the duo withdrew after months of negotiations with the U.S. government.

Recall that Mr Pissetzky, a top Chicago lawyer was initially hired to defend the 37-year-old but was later retained as a record counsel due to the transfer of Mr. Abass to Los Angeles and the lawyer’s inability to practice outside Chicago. As a result, Ms Podberesky, a California-based criminal defense lawyer, was hired as his local council.

In the application dated January 21, Mr Pissetzky, who claimed to have been negotiating with the government over the case, said Mr Abass suddenly stopped communicating with him.

“Since Mr Abbas’ arrest and arrival in the Central District of California, I have received voluminous discovery from the government and have been diligently reviewing it and investigating the allegations in this matter.

“My communications with Mr Abbas are by telephone given my inability to fly from Chicago to Los Angeles due to the pandemic. Ms Podberesky, as local counsel, has made several visits to see Mr Abbas at the Santa Ana Jail and has also communicated with him by telephone,” he said.

Their request was, however, granted on February 22 and an order was issued in that regard.

Re: Hushpuppi Hires Top Ex Government Lawyer, Loius Shapiro To Represent Him by DaddyRochie1642: 2:56pm On Mar 01, 2021
Since last year he has been in that prison till now, I'm sure by now Hushpuppi has six packs grin

1 Like

Re: Hushpuppi Hires Top Ex Government Lawyer, Loius Shapiro To Represent Him by Nobody: 3:16pm On Mar 01, 2021
DaddyRochie1642:
Since last year he has been in that prison till now, I'm sure by now Hushpuppi has six packs grin
They have correctional facility not like our prisons in Africa.Prisoners over there are well taken care of.Kirikiri prison na undone beans without oil government dey feed them with.
Re: Hushpuppi Hires Top Ex Government Lawyer, Loius Shapiro To Represent Him by kingdman: 3:17pm On Mar 01, 2021
he can't escape at least 15years imprisonment..crime does not pay...
Re: Hushpuppi Hires Top Ex Government Lawyer, Loius Shapiro To Represent Him by RRodwave(m): 3:17pm On Mar 01, 2021
Ok
Re: Hushpuppi Hires Top Ex Government Lawyer, Loius Shapiro To Represent Him by RRodwave(m): 3:18pm On Mar 01, 2021
DaddyRochie1642:

Two packs is okay
Re: Hushpuppi Hires Top Ex Government Lawyer, Loius Shapiro To Represent Him by Nobody: 3:21pm On Mar 01, 2021
kingdman:
he can't escape at least 15years imprisonment..crime does not pay...
crime pays.
Re: Hushpuppi Hires Top Ex Government Lawyer, Loius Shapiro To Represent Him by Ruben225571(m): 4:33pm On Mar 01, 2021
DaddyRochie1642:

Six packs too small grin
Hushpuppi bum bum go don open like river naija grin
Re: Hushpuppi Hires Top Ex Government Lawyer, Loius Shapiro To Represent Him by Ruben225571(m): 4:35pm On Mar 01, 2021
cchub:

crime pays.

Honestly. All the people that were hailing him keep mute and some even forgot that he’s still existing grin
Re: Hushpuppi Hires Top Ex Government Lawyer, Loius Shapiro To Represent Him by Nobody: 10:42pm On Mar 01, 2021
Ruben225571:
Honestly. All the people that were hailing him keep mute and some even forgot that he’s still existing grin

The reality is now dawned on them. They kept tagging people haters up & down. The fact is that those with legit sources, who work hard to get money, don't live extravagant lives because they know the value of a Naira/Kobo angry

1 Like

Re: Hushpuppi Hires Top Ex Government Lawyer, Loius Shapiro To Represent Him by Ruben225571(m): 5:35am On Mar 02, 2021
SimplyFacts:

The reality is now dawned on them. They kept tagging people haters up & down. The fact is that those with legit sources, who work hard to get money, don't live extravagant lives because they know the value of a Naira/Kobo angry

Exactly

(1) (Reply)

Stop Killing Criminal Suspects, Anambra CP Warns Youths, Communities / Where Is Chidinma Now? / EFCC Arrests Man Over #525m Fraud

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.