Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,457 members, 7,954,792 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 09:28 AM

Nigeria To Disconnect Niger, Benin Over ₦2.60 Billion Electricity Debt - Politics (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigeria To Disconnect Niger, Benin Over ₦2.60 Billion Electricity Debt (15583 Views)

FG Halts N600 Billion Electricity Subsidy, Confirms Power Tariff Hike / FG Seeks Private Funding To Close $2.5 Billion Electricity Gap / Power Producers Sell ₦294.16 Billion Electricity In Five Months (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Nigeria To Disconnect Niger, Benin Over ₦2.60 Billion Electricity Debt by Bbbwings: 5:41pm On Mar 01, 2021
Dpharisee:
Niger, Benin, Chad who can't even pay for electricity are the same people that North is threatening to divert and sell their foodstuffs and cow to.
Before they raise the money those cows would have suffered kwashiorkor in those trailers like this picture below
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Nigeria To Disconnect Niger, Benin Over ₦2.60 Billion Electricity Debt by Bbbwings: 5:43pm On Mar 01, 2021
Austineva:
Better! Let them use it to strengthen d one we have here, its better we use and owe than dashing them for free over there. U can't give what u don't have
See this foul.
Where were man u fans shouting yesterday grin
Re: Nigeria To Disconnect Niger, Benin Over ₦2.60 Billion Electricity Debt by bitingcool: 5:52pm On Mar 01, 2021
emmanuel596:
Buhari will agree that Abuja should not have light than for him to disconnect niger republic his home town

Flesh and blood did not reveal it to you.
Exactly what was on my mind. He will rather the whole of Nigeria be in darkness than his beloved Niger republic.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Disconnect Niger, Benin Over ₦2.60 Billion Electricity Debt by bizzibodi(m): 5:58pm On Mar 01, 2021
Useless country!They owe U #2.6bn
of 24hrs electricityy debt U are still threatening.
Re: Nigeria To Disconnect Niger, Benin Over ₦2.60 Billion Electricity Debt by kindlyheart: 6:10pm On Mar 01, 2021
SmartPolician:
There are certain things I can never understand about Nigeria.

We don't have stable electricity yet we supply to countries that don't even pay us.

Who's idea was that, please?

I need a response from someone who understands the politricks of power (electricity).
i think the reason we supply them power is for them not to dam the river that feeds our hydro dam.

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Disconnect Niger, Benin Over ₦2.60 Billion Electricity Debt by Rotimi47: 6:22pm On Mar 01, 2021
Dpharisee:
Niger, Benin, Chad who can't even pay for electricity are the same people that North is threatening to divert and sell their foodstuffs and cow to.
Before they raise the money those cows would have suffered kwashiorkor in those trailers like this picture below
You said it all.

Their initial gragra would soon end!!!

Even the climatic condition in some part of the North will make some of them run to the South.

Beware of famine! Full list of states, communities to experience drought in 2021

The federal government on Tuesday, February 2, warned that some states in the northern part of the country may experience a brief spell of drought between the months of June and July 2021 due to weather change.
Speaking in Abuja at the 2021 Seasonal Climate Prediction (SCP), minister of aviation, Hadi Sirika, made the disclosure on the severe dry spells.

He urged farmers to embark on "soil-moisture conservation techniques" to reduce chances of crop failure during the period, Daily Sun reports.

Hadi Sirika says some states will experience drought in 2021. Credit@Hadisirika

While maintaining that climate change may bring big damage to farming and other ventures, and cause famine, Sirka tasked the states to adhere to the forecast by the Nigerian Meteorological Agency (NIMET) in order to prevent bad consequences.

He gave the states as:

1. Kebbi
2. Sokoto
3. Zamfara
4. Katsina
5. Yobe
6. Borno
He gave the local government areas and communities to be affected as:

Arewa Dandi
Birnin Kebbi
Argungu,
Augie Kebbi
Illela
Gada
Tangaza
Gudu
Sabon Birni
Sokoto
Shinkafi
Birnin Magaji
Maradun
Zurmi Zamfara
Kaita
Mashi
Mai’Adua
Katsina
Dutsi
Daura
Baure
Zango
Katsina
Gwiwa
Yankwashi
Gumel
Birniwa
Sule-Tankarkar,
Guri
Kiri Kasama
Jigawa
Machina
Nguru
Yusufari
Yunusari
Karasuwa
Barde
Jakusko
Geidam
Yobe and Abadam
Mobbar
Kukawa
Guzamala
Gubio
Nganzai
Monguno Borno state
"The normal to above normal rainfall pattern in the country will lead to the possibility of isolated flash floods due to increasing high intensity rainfall at the peak of the season, especially in areas that are naturally prone to flooding," Sirka also added.Meanwhile, with coronavirus taking a dangerous curve on the country, the presidential task force on Monday, February 1, announced the list of five states and 22 local government areas in Nigeria with a large spread of the COVID-19 infection.
Addressing pressmen during a media briefing in Abuja, the national coordinator of the PTF, Dr Sani Aliyu, warned Nigerians against travelling to the affected states.

According to him, the high-burdened states and LGAs contribute to 95% of the daily infection. He gave the states, as sighted by Legit.ng as Yobe, Jigawa, Zamfara, Kebbi and Kogi.

Na body go tell them, make them continue.
Re: Nigeria To Disconnect Niger, Benin Over ₦2.60 Billion Electricity Debt by Nmezor(f): 6:51pm On Mar 01, 2021
Hmmn
Re: Nigeria To Disconnect Niger, Benin Over ₦2.60 Billion Electricity Debt by TemmyT002(m): 7:21pm On Mar 01, 2021
Is the government okay like this?
We never enjoy light and they are selling it to other countries.
Re: Nigeria To Disconnect Niger, Benin Over ₦2.60 Billion Electricity Debt by Austineva(m): 8:21pm On Mar 01, 2021
Bbbwings:

See this foul.
Where were man u fans shouting yesterday grin
I swear! Don't mind them
Re: Nigeria To Disconnect Niger, Benin Over ₦2.60 Billion Electricity Debt by BetaThings: 9:08pm On Mar 01, 2021
SmartPolician:
There are certain things I can never understand about Nigeria.

We don't have stable electricity yet we supply to countries that don't even pay us.

Who's idea was that, please?

I need a response from someone who understands the politricks of power (electricity).

Why do we always think others are just stupid?
Why don't we find out why things were done.
Check the map of West Africa and the no of countries that can dam River Niger before it gets to Nigeria
We need to have good relations with those countries

This is similar to what obtains between Ethiopia and Egypt

https://www.france24.com/en/africa/20200625-debate-tension-on-the-nile-could-egypt-and-ethiopia-really-go-to-war-over-water

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Disconnect Niger, Benin Over ₦2.60 Billion Electricity Debt by Druss(m): 10:23pm On Mar 01, 2021
These people should give the full story. I don't know why we are giving power to Niger State but doesn't the agreement with Benin Republic have to do with damming the River Niger?
Re: Nigeria To Disconnect Niger, Benin Over ₦2.60 Billion Electricity Debt by DedeNkem: 6:35am On Mar 02, 2021
Why sell a product Nigerians lack badly, to other countries?! It makes absolutely no sense!
Re: Nigeria To Disconnect Niger, Benin Over ₦2.60 Billion Electricity Debt by uchman(m): 7:56am On Mar 02, 2021
Seriously, we dey mad for this country...
We dont have enough but we are sharing abi selling to other countries because of love for money...

Oka mma n'ama
Re: Nigeria To Disconnect Niger, Benin Over ₦2.60 Billion Electricity Debt by romenna: 8:23am On Mar 02, 2021
me and my pikin nor get enuf food to eat, then i will give the insufficient food to my neighbor and begin to starve my child?
Nigeria, u have turned logic upside down
Re: Nigeria To Disconnect Niger, Benin Over ₦2.60 Billion Electricity Debt by samuelonyewueny(m): 10:03am On Mar 02, 2021
Dpharisee:
I was reasoning the same thing your head dey there!!
Re: Nigeria To Disconnect Niger, Benin Over ₦2.60 Billion Electricity Debt by nsiba: 12:50pm On Mar 02, 2021
adubam:

The reason is this:

If we allow Niger or Benin to have their Dam; it will make our water level in our dam drain significantly and would even make us not to have the capacity to generate electricity for our-self either, and may also make the river Niger water to drop which would affect source of livelihood for those who relay on that water to survive.

So to be on a save side we would have to negotiate with them and even supply to them at a reduced rate to avoid the consequences of allowing them build dams.

Ethiopia, Egypt and Sudan at many points in time have had serious war like tensions because of the River Nile.

Very smart dude

1 Like

Re: Nigeria To Disconnect Niger, Benin Over ₦2.60 Billion Electricity Debt by fidelisodogbo: 1:59am On Apr 11, 2021
Hope Nigeria is not asking them to pay for a service they did not receive. Just as Nigerians are made to pay for electricity bill they did not consume.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

How ‘Poor Planning’ Forced Policy Summersaults Ahead Of Buhari’s Exit / Missing $20bn: Alison-madueke Sues PREMIUM TIMES, APC, 9 Others / Soalabo West Challenges Wike For PDP Governorship Ticket In Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.