Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,127 members, 7,825,529 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 04:59 PM

EFCC Arrests 13 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Lagos - Crime - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Crime / EFCC Arrests 13 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Lagos (21437 Views)

Navy Intercepts Ghanaian Vessel With Stolen Oil, Arrests 13 (Pictures) / 13 Suspected Internet Fraudsters Arrested In Abuja / FBI Arrests 13 Nigerians Over $30 Million Cyber Fraud (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

EFCC Arrests 13 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by Nemere2020: 7:50pm On Mar 02, 2021
EFCC Nabs 13 Suspected Internet Fraudsters in Lagos
…Five Internet Fraudsters Convicted

Operatives of the Lagos Zonal Office of the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, EFCC, on March 2, 2021 arrested 13 persons for their alleged involvement in cyber-crime.

They are: Idris Ridwan, Shonnaike Adejumobi, Afeez Kareem, Adedire David, Muodozie Patrick, Abidemi Smart, Damilare Gabriel, Foluwako David, Adeleye Smart, Jimoh Olaitan, Olabode Thomas, Akinseye Mayowa and Macaulay Olawale.

They were arrested at their hideout at Gabriel Ajawa Close, Lekki, Lagos, following credible intelligence on their alleged criminal activities.

They will soon be arraigned in Court.

In a related development, the Lagos Zonal Office secured the conviction and sentencing of five internet fraudsters before Justice Oluwatoyin Taiwo of a Special Offences Court , Lagos State High Court, Ikeja.

They are: Andre Agbai Kalu, Olaide Ibrahim Oladimeji, Michael Fatuase Makanjuola, Erekefi Omuedi and Bakare Daniel Oluwadamilare.

They were arraigned on February 18, 2021 on separate charges bordering on possession of fraudulent documents contrary to Section 320 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015.

Upon their arraignment, they pleaded "guilty" to the charge.

In view of their plea, the prosecuting counsel, Ahmed Yerima reviewed the case before the Court and tendered documents printed from their email accounts, as well as items recovered from them.

Delivering judgment on February 26, 2021, Justice Taiwo found them guilty of the offence and sentenced each of them to six months imprisonment with an option of fine of N200,000 (Two Hundred Thousand Naira).

The court also ordered the forfeiture of a Toyota 4Runner SUV, Lexus RX 330 and mobile devices recovered from them to the Federal Government of Nigeria.
https://twitter.com/officialEFCC/status/1366812372053221378?s=19

Re: EFCC Arrests 13 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by illicit(m): 7:53pm On Mar 02, 2021
Na wa o....

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests 13 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by Loner97(m): 7:56pm On Mar 02, 2021
This their pose e be things oh..
They did the crime so let them do the time grin

14 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests 13 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by slawormiir: 8:07pm On Mar 02, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
My niggggggggeeeeeeeeessssss

23 Likes 4 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests 13 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by LMS1(m): 8:09pm On Mar 02, 2021
..Anytime Anyday This Dude Above Me Known As Slawomiirr Is Always Proud Of His Real Niggaaz.
Infact Take Am; grin

44 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests 13 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by IKBARUTEN11(m): 8:14pm On Mar 02, 2021
EFCC
displaying

their

misplaced

priorities

mtchew

17 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests 13 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by RainOnMe: 8:22pm On Mar 02, 2021
Bombing things according to Slawormiir.

3 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests 13 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by Spending123: 8:34pm On Mar 02, 2021
Re: EFCC Arrests 13 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by Mandela27: 8:37pm On Mar 02, 2021
This is embarrassing and an oppression because of say them no be politicians

Thunder faya politicians

11 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests 13 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by Nobody: 8:37pm On Mar 02, 2021
Loner97:
This their pose e be things oh..
They did the crime so let them do the time grin
The got option of fine na.

2 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests 13 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by RainOnMe: 9:04pm On Mar 02, 2021
shocked shocked

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests 13 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by Bampeh: 9:07pm On Mar 02, 2021
Flee from fraud. There are so many ways to make legit money on internet.

Bampeh hate fraud

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests 13 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by BuddhaPalm(m): 9:07pm On Mar 02, 2021
Yahoo FC.
Re: EFCC Arrests 13 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by JoeEeL(m): 9:07pm On Mar 02, 2021
FOOOLS.

CREATE JOBS, CURB INFLATION... IDIOTS!

FIRST ARREST ATAWALLE, OJUYOBO, THE BABARINGA MOBILE BANKING CEO OF KANO AND IKPEAZU.

MORONNS!

4 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests 13 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by jidxin(m): 9:08pm On Mar 02, 2021
Came to check whether one of my area guy dey

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests 13 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by highdon(m): 9:09pm On Mar 02, 2021
Nigerian matter don tire me, how can a policeman lap a criminal to station inside Keke.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: EFCC Arrests 13 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by Commonguy(m): 9:09pm On Mar 02, 2021
the rate of which yahoo boys are operating is alarming nowadays... scamming their own countryman weak me the most
Re: EFCC Arrests 13 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by handsomeyinka(m): 9:12pm On Mar 02, 2021
Re: EFCC Arrests 13 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by Blackstone01(m): 9:12pm On Mar 02, 2021
whatever you sow, you reap...

youths needs to wise up and allow God do His work...
Re: EFCC Arrests 13 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by MANNABBQGRILLS: 9:13pm On Mar 02, 2021
SAY NO TO FRAUD

3 Likes 3 Shares

Re: EFCC Arrests 13 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by Kingrefreshed: 9:13pm On Mar 02, 2021

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests 13 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by onoms4luv(m): 9:13pm On Mar 02, 2021
when are they going to show the faces of the real fraudster... those past and present treasury looters.

I mean those criminals in high places.

Oga Efcc chairman try balance the equation abeg
Re: EFCC Arrests 13 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by Crayfish09: 9:14pm On Mar 02, 2021
The non-almajiri intellectuals are so enviable.

Lordsman is this the "technological advancement" that you expect me to respect?
Re: EFCC Arrests 13 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by OfeAchi: 9:14pm On Mar 02, 2021
They are all Afonjezzys. I didn't have to check names. They are always dragging their country to the muds.
They are all formatters, just like their big uncle who lives in Bourdillon.
EFCC please smoke them out.

There is a compound on my street swarming with these illicit bombers. I'm now motivated to send a tip-off to EFCC tomorrow.

1 Like

Re: EFCC Arrests 13 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by Kudducini(m): 9:15pm On Mar 02, 2021
But who dey use all those phones and laptops they seized from them?
Maybe na buhari dey use am BOMB na why e no dey get time for Nigeria matter

6 Likes

Re: EFCC Arrests 13 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by Freebills12: 9:16pm On Mar 02, 2021
Naija which way, though am in support of their action, mean while bandits in the North are receiving salaries and are being granted amnesty in millions
Re: EFCC Arrests 13 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by Oweku: 9:18pm On Mar 02, 2021
Na wa o
Re: EFCC Arrests 13 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by Muzee10(m): 9:21pm On Mar 02, 2021
Nemere2020:

https://twitter.com/officialEFCC/status/1366812372053221378?s=19

EFCC with their marginalization modus operandi.

The kind of energy they put through in fishing these guys out I just wish they also replicate that same thing in fishing these unscrupulous, dubious, clueless slowpoke we have as leaders. I resist giving them any form of applause. because they don't represent ours. Is glaringly they only represent these clowns.
Re: EFCC Arrests 13 Suspected Internet Fraudsters In Lagos by Whytelyon(m): 9:23pm On Mar 02, 2021
You day do fraud, you come day show. All for girls to see say them don arrive.
When sense no day their head.

Money way no be you get am.

Mxm

2 Likes

(1) (2) (Reply)

Robbers 'Adamawa Boys' Attack Nekool In Festac, Injure Him (Photos) / ENDSARS Protest In Onitsha: PICTURES & VIDEO / Yinka Adebamiro- Sister Of Woman Who Murdered Husband Tells How Wife Cheated

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.