Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,163,054 members, 7,852,580 topics. Date: Thursday, 06 June 2024 at 08:46 PM

Why Are Lecturers Like This? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Why Are Lecturers Like This? (679 Views)

Ever Had A Classmate That Cheated Like This? (Photo) / Salary Scale Of Lecturers In Nigerian Universities / Are Lecturers Of D E L S U, Abraka Still The Highest Paid? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Are Lecturers Like This? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Apr 11, 2011
One thing that characterise Nigerian universities and higher institution is lecturers hostility towards students. It comes in various ways which we all know. Why do u think they do this, u can also share yr experiences.
Re: Why Are Lecturers Like This? by iice(f): 3:35pm On Apr 11, 2011
I think most of the teachers are that way, right from secondary school.
Like it's not their job to educate us or to pass on knowledge. Very weird undecided
Re: Why Are Lecturers Like This? by Dclique(m): 8:25pm On Apr 11, 2011
They take out the frustrations of their jobs on the poor students. Its normal. Lol
Re: Why Are Lecturers Like This? by Nobody: 4:04pm On Apr 13, 2011
Normal? Me o, I dey swear for them everytime o.
Re: Why Are Lecturers Like This? by slap1(m): 9:09am On Apr 14, 2011
I believe frustration and disappointment plays a huge part in their nonchalant behaviour: Do you know how many times they've tried to get a teaching job outside Nigeria? Do you know how many times they've failed? Do you know what it takes to sell one ill-written textbook outside the university? I bet you'll never know!
Re: Why Are Lecturers Like This? by Nobody: 6:57pm On Apr 14, 2011
I believe frustration and disappointment[b] play[/b]
Re: Why Are Lecturers Like This? by Nobody: 1:47am On Apr 16, 2011
Some do say that's d way they were treated while in school so it's like a sort of transfer of agression
Re: Why Are Lecturers Like This? by slap1(m): 10:29am On Apr 16, 2011
ferdiii:

Thanks, but can you explain further?
Re: Why Are Lecturers Like This? by aieromon(m): 12:52pm On Apr 16, 2011
My lecturers were never like that.Instead,it was the other way round.
Re: Why Are Lecturers Like This? by dragnet: 2:54pm On Apr 16, 2011
ferdiii:

slap1:

I believe frustration and disappointment plays a huge part in their nonchalant behaviour: Do you know how many times they've tried to get a teaching job outside Nigeria? Do you know how many times they've failed? Do you know what it takes to sell one ill-written textbook outside the university? I bet you'll never know!

slap1:

Thanks, but can you explain further?
mMm. . . .u not satisfied with the one u wrote?
Re: Why Are Lecturers Like This? by slap1(m): 11:57am On Apr 17, 2011
dragnet:

[/color]

[color=#000099]

mMm. . . .u not satisfied with the one u wrote?
I am. I guessed she meant to correct my sentence, so I want to learn from her.

(1) (Reply)

I Need Assistance In Applying For Msc In Oau. / For Federal Uni Of Agric Makurdi Only / Problem About Yabatech Online Post Ume Registration

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.