Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,239 members, 7,829,434 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:51 AM

Anenih, Others For Probe - Over N1 Trillion Spent On Roads - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anenih, Others For Probe - Over N1 Trillion Spent On Roads (1274 Views)

APC Senators Orders Newspaper Probe Over "Anti-Buhari” Accusation / Jonathan To Buhari, I Am Ready For Probe. / Obasanjo Will Not Be Missed In PDP, Says Anenih (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Anenih, Others For Probe - Over N1 Trillion Spent On Roads by Mamajama(m): 1:51pm On Jul 06, 2007
Why are they just now setting up a panel to probe this guy? was it because he was against David Mark as senate president? People always complaining about OBJ been vindictive is David Mark and Yar Adua not starting on the wrong step?

THE battle between former President Olusegun Obasanjo and Chief Tony Anenih has shifted to the Senate with the upper chamber launching a probe of Anenih’s tenure as works minister.

The tenures of both Senator Adeseye Ogunlewe and Chief Cornelius Adebayo, who succeeded Chief Anenih, are also under scrutiny by the Senate.

Both Obasanjo and Anenih are locked in a war over the control of both the Peoples Democratic Party (PDP) and the Yar’Adua presidency.

http://www.tribune.com.ng/06072007/news/news1.html
Re: Anenih, Others For Probe - Over N1 Trillion Spent On Roads by dblock(m): 1:54pm On Jul 06, 2007
It's about time.

One of my friends from Plateau State, was actually fired because he opposed Anenih's Tactics. He refused to Pay Contractors for a Job that they did not do.

This is great News. Nigeria is moving forward.
Re: Anenih, Others For Probe - Over N1 Trillion Spent On Roads by Afam(m): 1:57pm On Jul 06, 2007
Good news.

Since they say OBJ is vindictive my prayer had always been for many of his friends to part ways with him as that seems to be the only way to expose them.

After all if they do not quarrel we will never know some of these times that come out in the open once wahala starts.

Ultimately, Nigeria and Nigerians will be the winners.
Re: Anenih, Others For Probe - Over N1 Trillion Spent On Roads by Mamajama(m): 1:58pm On Jul 06, 2007
dblock shouldn't he be commended for refusing to pay contractors for a job they did not do?  my only question is why wait till now to try and probe this guy if they all think he was corrupt?
Re: Anenih, Others For Probe - Over N1 Trillion Spent On Roads by dblock(m): 2:03pm On Jul 06, 2007
Mamajama:

dblock shouldn't he be commended for refusing to pay contractors for a job they did not do? my only question is why wait till now to try and probe this guy if they all think he was corrupt?

There was a Road Contract, and the Guy "Churchie" refused to pay the Contractors, because they clearly didn't do anything. He wasn't commended, because the reason why the Road wasn't completed was because the Bulk of the Budget was going to Anenih. He was Sacked immediately

When Obasanjo goes against certain individuals. He does not accuse them of a crime that they didn't commit.

Obasanjo is corrupt, and it is true that he only shun light on Atiku, when Atiku was at odds with him and yes it is true that he is now only shining light on Anenih because of their Feud, but Anenih is "corrupt", and although many people will say it is selective or whatever. However The Truth is Anenih is corrupt and Atiku is corrupt.

As much as I would like for Obasanjo to got Jail and every other Corrupt Politician or Ex politician, it's better one person going to Jail than none.

So that's why I think this is great News
Re: Anenih, Others For Probe - Over N1 Trillion Spent On Roads by angel101(f): 2:05pm On Jul 06, 2007
Mamajama:

my only question is why wait till now to try and probe this guy if they all think he was corrupt?

it's better now than never o! good news
Re: Anenih, Others For Probe - Over N1 Trillion Spent On Roads by Mamajama(m): 2:09pm On Jul 06, 2007
dblock I totally disagree with you on this issue, don't you think Anenih had his reasons for not supporting DAVID MARK? This people are all friends behind close doors, trust me on this, I've seen lots of this old politicians eating pepper soup and drinking palmwine late at night. the fight against corruption must not be selective, there is no need to go after someone when they do not agree with your views, its baseless and stupid. When you point one finger at one person, the other 4 fingers are pointing back at you. this is the beginning of a long drama
Re: Anenih, Others For Probe - Over N1 Trillion Spent On Roads by Afam(m): 2:14pm On Jul 06, 2007
Selective fight against corruption is 100% better than no fight at all.

It is like an armed robber complaining that the police arrested him because he fell out of favour with the commissioner of police. The issue is whether or not those arrested or accused are innocent or guilty.

If innocent, they should be left alone, if guilty they should be brought to book.

It is better for 10 people to go to jail than none.
Re: Anenih, Others For Probe - Over N1 Trillion Spent On Roads by dblock(m): 2:22pm On Jul 06, 2007
Mamajama:

dblock I totally disagree with you on this issue, don't you think Anenih had his reasons for not supporting DAVID MARK? This people are all friends behind close doors, trust me on this, I've seen lots of this old politicians eating pepper soup and drinking palmwine late at night. the fight against corruption must not be selective, there is no need to go after someone when they do not agree with your views, its baseless and stupid. When you point one finger at one person, the other 4 fingers are pointing back at you. this is the beginning of a long drama

Yes but Anenih is corrupt.

It is the same thing like Yar'Adua probing Babaginda because they fell out of line.

Do you get my Point?

If Yar'Adua was to probe Babaginda, because of a Feaud that they had, does that make Babaginda a Victim?

Yes Obasanjo is Probing Anenih because of a feud, but Anenih is 100% Corrupt, and Obasanjo is not Lying.

Take a look at the Roads in Northern and Central Nigeria, and then compare the situation with the Budget, and tell me if they go hand in hand.

Anenih is corrupt, and I don't care if he is going to Jail, because he accidentally Drank Obasanjo's Best Wine.

A corrupt Man is a corrupt man. And I believe that all corrupt people should go to Jail.
Re: Anenih, Others For Probe - Over N1 Trillion Spent On Roads by dblock(m): 2:23pm On Jul 06, 2007
Afam:

Selective fight against corruption is 100% better than no fight at all.

It is like an armed robber complaining that the police arrested him because he fell out of favour with the commissioner of police. The issue is whether or not those arrested or accused are innocent or guilty.

If innocent, they should be left alone, if guilty they should be brought to book.

It is better for 10 people to go to jail than none.

Exactly. wink

I mean one only has to go to Sokoto, to see why Anenih should be locked up.
Re: Anenih, Others For Probe - Over N1 Trillion Spent On Roads by denex: 2:25pm On Jul 06, 2007
This series of politically fallouts leading to accusations and prosecution is good. Very good. In fact it makes politicians know that they will always fall out with each other, so it's best they keep their beaks clean.
Re: Anenih, Others For Probe - Over N1 Trillion Spent On Roads by dblock(m): 2:26pm On Jul 06, 2007
denex:

This series of politically fallouts leading to accusations and prosecution is good. Very good. In fact it makes politicians know that they will always fall out with each other, so it's best they keep their beaks clean.

It'll be funny if Nigeria's corruption Problem, was solved because of people backstabbing each other. grin
Re: Anenih, Others For Probe - Over N1 Trillion Spent On Roads by Mamajama(m): 2:26pm On Jul 06, 2007
So in essence it's OKAY for someone to steal if you will be protected by the upper class?  they were is equality before the law?  where is the moral and how will you eradicate corruption that way?

I am not against the probe, but why are they now going after him because he opposed OBJ guy and DAVID MARK?  that is partisan politics to me and GOD don't like UGLY.
Re: Anenih, Others For Probe - Over N1 Trillion Spent On Roads by dblock(m): 2:35pm On Jul 06, 2007
That's just the way things are at the moment.

The Nigerian Government is an elitist Organization, sort of like a Mafia.

If you stay within range, you can steal as much as you want and you'll be protected.

Such a Government can only be exposed and dissolved, through a Revolution/Uprising or a Gradual Breakdown in Alliances.

Nigeria's corruption problem cannot be solved by people Striking or protesting. You cannot go against the Government and Win, but what you can do is laud Transparency or encourage an Uprising.

Nigeria Leaders will continue to protect each other, but what we are now witnessing, is a Breakdown in their "System".

Criminals eventually disagree, and that is what usually leads to their downfall. That is what is happening right now.

The Government is collapsing, so eventually Nigeria's corrupt Elite, will collapse and give way to a Government that can lead Nigeria into the 21st Century.
Re: Anenih, Others For Probe - Over N1 Trillion Spent On Roads by Bankole01(m): 3:08pm On Jul 06, 2007
Mamajama:

So in essence it's OKAY for someone to steal if you will be protected by the upper class?  they were is equality before the law?  where is the moral and how will you eradicate corruption that way?

I am not against the probe, but why are they now going after him because he opposed OBJ guy and DAVID MARK?  that is partisan politics to me and GOD don't like UGLY.

One day boy I am going to slap you. You wax hot and cold all the time.
You know as well as we all do, that--'crossing obj is the begining of foolishness' This is when all your evil thieving deeds gets revealed. All the ones who had been friends and bossum buddies become enemies. This is when you know there is justice in town.

"ole lo mo ese ole to lori apata" only a thief can read the footprints of another thief on bare stones"
@Afam:

you talk true my broda. Nigeria will be the ultimate winner.

Let the fights and revelations begin!!!!! ding ding ding!
Re: Anenih, Others For Probe - Over N1 Trillion Spent On Roads by angel101(f): 3:22pm On Jul 06, 2007
ah me i like this their fighting o! since the masses cannot fight them, let them fight among themselves. the end result is what we are interested in.

Mamajama:

when they are chased is besides the point as long as they are chased!
Is it then okay for people to steal knowing that wether or not they fall out with their friends, they will be protected for fear of 'inequality b4 the law'?

I beg make them fight
Re: Anenih, Others For Probe - Over N1 Trillion Spent On Roads by angel101(f): 3:40pm On Jul 06, 2007
I hear the Benin end of the lagos benin express road is a death trap and thats putting it mildly!
Re: Anenih, Others For Probe - Over N1 Trillion Spent On Roads by Mamajama(m): 3:50pm On Jul 06, 2007
Bankole01 stop all this Yoruba inscription, damn my parents will be ashamed of me not being able to speak or write in Yoruba fluently. KAI

How person dey YANKEE still they write Yoruba proper like area boys, lol cheesy cheesy
Re: Anenih, Others For Probe - Over N1 Trillion Spent On Roads by Bankole01(m): 4:35pm On Jul 06, 2007
Mamajama:

Bankole01 stop all this Yoruba inscription, damn my parents will be ashamed of me not being able to speak or write in Yoruba fluently. KAI

How person dey YANKEE still they write Yoruba proper like area boys, lol cheesy cheesy
Yoruba home vides brother, that is my source. Now, you know tongue tongue
Re: Anenih, Others For Probe - Over N1 Trillion Spent On Roads by desgiezd(m): 6:20pm On Jul 06, 2007
@mamajama

Its not Yar Adua and Mark that are continuing with OBJ's vindictiveness. It is OBJ's hands that are still at play. You are not corrupt as long as you remain OBJ's friend and no one will probe you. Point is that if they push the old man (Anenih) too much he might just spill the beans and implicate OBJ. Or do you think he pocketed all the money meant for road projects from 1999 to 2003 alone?
Re: Anenih, Others For Probe - Over N1 Trillion Spent On Roads by MILITIA(f): 1:52am On Jul 07, 2007
dblock:

It'll be funny if Nigeria's corruption Problem, was solved because of people backstabbing each other. grin

he he he he he! cheesy What a shame!   I dey hiss and laff!  Nigeria na wah! embarassed
Re: Anenih, Others For Probe - Over N1 Trillion Spent On Roads by Mamajama(m): 10:57pm On Jul 08, 2007
I personally don't see anything happening to Anenih. The guy will do everything in his power to bride the investigators.
Re: Anenih, Others For Probe - Over N1 Trillion Spent On Roads by angel101(f): 10:58am On Jul 09, 2007
corrupt people always tend to think they will always have their way. but is this always the case?
Re: Anenih, Others For Probe - Over N1 Trillion Spent On Roads by Mamajama(m): 4:27pm On Jul 09, 2007
Next thing you will hear is how Anenih and OBJ had shady business, remember they never speak until they are all accused of corruption.
Re: Anenih, Others For Probe - Over N1 Trillion Spent On Roads by redsun(m): 12:31am On Jul 14, 2007
CRY CHANGE,this guys are joking with us.
Re: Anenih, Others For Probe - Over N1 Trillion Spent On Roads by Mamajama(m): 3:44pm On Jul 15, 2007
We still must let the law take the proper process. I can assure you he won't go down alone.
Re: Anenih, Others For Probe - Over N1 Trillion Spent On Roads by angel101(f): 3:40pm On Jul 16, 2007
Mamajama:

I can assure you he won't go down alone.

The more the merrier

(1) (Reply)

The New Ambassador's List: Who Should Be Posted To Iraq, Burundi, Sudan & U.S.A? / Where Is Nnukwu Village In Nigeria? / Ibori Trial: Live Witness Account!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.