Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,126 members, 7,814,942 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 12:54 AM

Please How Long Does A Background Check Took? - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / Please How Long Does A Background Check Took? (908 Views)

How Much Does A BSC Holder Earn As A University Non-Academic Staff? / Nurse Under Fire After Taking Selfie With Unclad Pregnant Lady In The Background / How Long Does It Take Pencom To Give Approval? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Please How Long Does A Background Check Took? by masarauta11(m): 2:45am On Mar 04, 2021
Hello everybody,

I applied for a language based position in an IT services company in Nairobi, Kenya.

Tomorrow Friday will be 60 days since the last time I heard from them.

After passing through different stages of recruiting, they sent me a congratulatory email and request copies of my credentials, international passport, photograph, and national ID for a background check.

Since then, I have been waiting for their email that includes an offer letter, as they said in my last communication with them.

So, I want to know how long does it take a company to finish checking the background of their potential employees, and can I send a follow-up email to them?

Thank you
Re: Please How Long Does A Background Check Took? by sholatech(m): 2:48am On Mar 04, 2021
Sure you can send follow up email.

Verifying Nigerian Universities Certificates can take plenty weeks oo
Re: Please How Long Does A Background Check Took? by CrazyMan(m): 7:29am On Mar 04, 2021
A background check shouldn't take more than a week if the advertised position is very urgent. Most government parastatal and some coperate organizations will even employ you because of the urgency to fill up that vacant position, then run the checks after a couple of months or years.

For them to completely go mute on you for 60 days isn't healthy for your employment. Cos if the position was as urgent as it was advertised they should have gotten back to you earlier.

I'll still advise that you send a follow up mail to them, just in case they've forgotten.

Good luck.

2 Likes

Re: Please How Long Does A Background Check Took? by masarauta11(m): 9:26pm On Mar 04, 2021
sholatech:
Sure you can send follow up email.

Verifying Nigerian Universities Certificates can take plenty weeks oo
Thank you
Re: Please How Long Does A Background Check Took? by masarauta11(m): 9:26pm On Mar 04, 2021
CrazyMan:
A background check shouldn't take more than a week if the advertised position is very urgent. Most government parastatal and some coperate organizations will even employ you because of the urgency to fill up that vacant position, then run the checks after a couple of months or years.

For them to completely go mute on you for 60 days isn't healthy for your employment. Cos if the position was as urgent as it was advertised they should have gotten back to you earlier.

I'll still advise that you send a follow up mail to them, just in case they've forgotten.

Good luck.
Thank you very much

(1) (Reply)

Did I Actually Sneak In? / African Uk Summit / No Salary Stated In Job Advert Vacancies In Nigeria

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.