Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,713 members, 7,809,703 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 01:32 PM

Bello Matawalle Offers To Resign Over Rising Insecurity - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Bello Matawalle Offers To Resign Over Rising Insecurity (21620 Views)

Bello Matawalle Criticised For Buying Exotic Cars For Commissioners / Governor Bello Matawalle To Join APC / Sheikh Abubakar Gumi Asks Buhari To Resign Over Insecurity, Praises Jonathan (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Bello Matawalle Offers To Resign Over Rising Insecurity by dre11(m): 7:59am On Mar 04, 2021
Governor Bello Matawalle of Zamfara has offered to resign if taking such step will bring a lasting solution to the high level of insecurity...

Governor Bello Matawalle of Zamfara has offered to resign if taking such step will bring a lasting solution to the high level of insecurity in his state.

Zamfara is one of the north-west states affected by banditry.

Many persons have been killed while countless people have been abducted in attacks by different armed gangs.

Responding to the disturbing trend in the state, the federal government declared Zamfara a no-fly zone on Tuesday and also banned mining activities there.

Malam Garba Shehu, Presidential Spokesman, had told Daily Trust that the action was taken based on the suspicion that choppers ferry in arms for bandits.

Speaking when he featured on Politics Today, a Channels Television programme, on Wednesday, Matawalle said he does not mind using his job as a sacrifice for peace to reign.

“If I know that my resigning as a governor will make the people sleep with their two eyes closed, I can resign.

“I am ready to do what will bring security. I am not power-hungry. I have been having a sleepless night to protect the people of Zamfara state.”

The governor who has been pushing for dialogue with bandits also defended his stance.

He said repentant bandits facilitated the release of students of Government Girls Secondary School, Jangebe, who were adducted last week.

“People are saying amnesty, it is not about amnesty. What amnesty means maybe is the federal government provides some huge amount of money,” he said.

“Nobody gave amnesty to these people, we only convince them to give them some trading in various skills as skills acquisition.

“We are not giving them kobo, we are not giving them anything. People talk about amnesty, is like people are thinking that huge amount of money was collected and given to them.

“No single kobo was given to them, any of them who repented, nothing was given to them.”

The governor, who had earlier rejected the decision of the federal government to declare the state a no-fly zone, the governor said: “The decision of Mr President on the no-fly zone, I accept it and I agree with that. People don’t even know that Zamfara does not have an airport. So, the states that have airports and are encountering this kind of situation, what happens to them?”
https://dailytrust.com/zamfara-governor-offers-to-resign-over-rising-insecurity

Re: Bello Matawalle Offers To Resign Over Rising Insecurity by Anigreat: 8:00am On Mar 04, 2021
shocked

Easy said than donegrin

Believe this at your own peril

Shithole governor to resign because of high level of insecurity in his state? not in zoo republic please

But truth be said, if he resign, that will be so noble of him, and he will earned people's respect. Let a competent hand take over.

Still waiting for Jubril to make such statement even if it's a prankgrin

74 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bello Matawalle Offers To Resign Over Rising Insecurity by SUCKCESSFUL: 8:01am On Mar 04, 2021
Too good to be true grin
Not in Nigeria

21 Likes

Re: Bello Matawalle Offers To Resign Over Rising Insecurity by Kriss216: 8:01am On Mar 04, 2021
grin grin grin

Joke of the month!

An average Nigerian politician rather die than resign.

36 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Bello Matawalle Offers To Resign Over Rising Insecurity by Maxymilliano(m): 8:05am On Mar 04, 2021
“If I know that my resigning as a governor will make the people sleep with their two eyes closed, I can resign.

“I am ready to do what will bring security. I am not power-hungry. I have been having a sleepless night to protect the people of Zamfara state.”

This is very unlike the average public office holders we have in the country, especially the Commander-In-Chief who during election campaign, vowed to lead the battle against insurgencies from the front but now clueless and helpless.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Bello Matawalle Offers To Resign Over Rising Insecurity by heniford2: 8:05am On Mar 04, 2021
governor catching cruise with mediagrin cheesy naija self funny die

11 Likes

Re: Bello Matawalle Offers To Resign Over Rising Insecurity by pode(m): 8:05am On Mar 04, 2021
In which country this kind of thing will happen? I don't think it's in Nigeria
Re: Bello Matawalle Offers To Resign Over Rising Insecurity by dumahi(m): 8:14am On Mar 04, 2021
You didn't read the news:

rexchazy:
His types are rare in Nigeria. In Nigeria leaving a position is like your enemies have won over you.

Maxymilliano:

This is very unlike the average public office holders we have in the country, especially the Commander-In-Chief who during election campaign, vowed to lead the battle against insurgencies from the front but now clueless and helpless.
For how long will you Nigerians get deceived before you learn? See how you swallowed the taqiya tactics line-hook-and-sinker. He is not power-hungry. So, what stops him from resigning since it's obvious he is incapable?

Meanwhile, he wants to negotiate with bandits - on what ground? Like Niger Delta militants asking for resource control and IPOB asking for a referendum, what are the bandits asking for to deserve a roundtable?

These people are just trading on your head like forex while you are here with your keyboard spewing your naivete.

3 Likes

Re: Bello Matawalle Offers To Resign Over Rising Insecurity by Calazoto: 8:18am On Mar 04, 2021
dre11:

Governor Bello Matawalle of Zamfara has offered to resign if taking such step will bring a lasting solution to the high level of insecurity...

https://dailytrust.com/zamfara-governor-offers-to-resign-over-rising-insecurity

Lalasticlala
...and he said "I am not power-hungry"

Oya, CASSAVA ENLARGEMENT WA O! 5K ONLY We deliver Nationwide, We accept payment on delivery (Lagos, Abuja, Benin, Port Harcourt, and Delta state)
Re: Bello Matawalle Offers To Resign Over Rising Insecurity by rexchazy(m): 8:19am On Mar 04, 2021
His types are rear in Nigeria. In Nigeria leaving a position is like your enemies have won over you.
Re: Bello Matawalle Offers To Resign Over Rising Insecurity by IPOBTERRORISTS(f): 8:26am On Mar 04, 2021
Good man
Re: Bello Matawalle Offers To Resign Over Rising Insecurity by Favemmzar200(m): 8:54am On Mar 04, 2021
It is a prank jorr

U don tire

2 Likes

Re: Bello Matawalle Offers To Resign Over Rising Insecurity by Chiminemine(m): 8:55am On Mar 04, 2021
C
Re: Bello Matawalle Offers To Resign Over Rising Insecurity by Trutherme: 8:55am On Mar 04, 2021
Nigerian governor offering to resign. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Bello Matawalle Offers To Resign Over Rising Insecurity by pickatyouu: 8:55am On Mar 04, 2021
Hahahaha.
A Nigerian politician resign.
I laugh in chinese.

Check my signature if you have a car and interested in installing a tracking device. It might interest you

1 Like

Re: Bello Matawalle Offers To Resign Over Rising Insecurity by Risingblue008(m): 8:55am On Mar 04, 2021
Ehhe
Let him even go to hell
See the way he's talking as if they care about us
angry angry angry
Re: Bello Matawalle Offers To Resign Over Rising Insecurity by Muhylonaire007: 8:55am On Mar 04, 2021
He should
Re: Bello Matawalle Offers To Resign Over Rising Insecurity by Judolisco(m): 8:55am On Mar 04, 2021
If he resign make I bend

1 Like

Re: Bello Matawalle Offers To Resign Over Rising Insecurity by deeva2: 8:55am On Mar 04, 2021
ALL NA LORI IRO

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Bello Matawalle Offers To Resign Over Rising Insecurity by MANNABBQGRILLS: 8:56am On Mar 04, 2021
Naso.....

2 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Bello Matawalle Offers To Resign Over Rising Insecurity by AbuAeesha: 8:56am On Mar 04, 2021
EASIER SAID THAN DONE!!

1 Like

Re: Bello Matawalle Offers To Resign Over Rising Insecurity by sojfarm: 8:56am On Mar 04, 2021
It will not make any sense.

It is better fought from inside
Re: Bello Matawalle Offers To Resign Over Rising Insecurity by omowolewa: 8:56am On Mar 04, 2021
Without delays
Re: Bello Matawalle Offers To Resign Over Rising Insecurity by BlackPantherxXx: 8:56am On Mar 04, 2021
grin

Weyrey. Better resign.
Re: Bello Matawalle Offers To Resign Over Rising Insecurity by BruncleZuma: 8:56am On Mar 04, 2021
He won't

1 Like

Re: Bello Matawalle Offers To Resign Over Rising Insecurity by Perfectsouth(m): 8:57am On Mar 04, 2021
Lori iro
Re: Bello Matawalle Offers To Resign Over Rising Insecurity by ShackWes(f): 8:57am On Mar 04, 2021
Hehe

Just tell Buhari to follow suit abeg
Re: Bello Matawalle Offers To Resign Over Rising Insecurity by Bampeh: 8:57am On Mar 04, 2021
Is he willing to resign or he is being forced to resign. Nigerians hardly resign from Government positions, they either exhaust their tenure, die in service or will it to their children.

Bampeh know their tactics
Re: Bello Matawalle Offers To Resign Over Rising Insecurity by airminem(f): 8:58am On Mar 04, 2021
Really? This Governors don't have senses.
The northern gov. Should petition for a quick trial and prosecution of Buhari if his anti corruption fight is not just a mere lip service & fruitless sad

1 Like

Re: Bello Matawalle Offers To Resign Over Rising Insecurity by Amspecial: 8:58am On Mar 04, 2021
grin

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Kuje Prison Certifies Obiajulu Ujah ‘Mentally Unstable' / Falana Reacts To Lagos As "World’s Third Worst City" / Buhari Still Petroleum Minister As Lai Mohammed, Ngige, Amaechi Retain Positions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.