Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,408 members, 7,819,455 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 04:37 PM

Congo Government Seizes The Mountain Of Gold Discovered By Villagers - Foreign Affairs - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / Congo Government Seizes The Mountain Of Gold Discovered By Villagers (44707 Views)

Mali's Coup Leader Assimi Goïta Seizes Power Again / Mountain Of Gold In Congo: Villagers Discover A Mountain Full Of Gold In Congo / Villagers In Indonesia Killed 300 Crocodile After One Killed A Man(Pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Congo Government Seizes The Mountain Of Gold Discovered By Villagers by dammyBoxes: 3:09pm On Mar 04, 2021
The BBC has confirmed that the viral Video making rounds on social media is true and indeed a mountain rich in gold deposits was found in mountain dey Birava village, 35km from di north of Bukavu, inside di capital city of South-Kivu province.

The government has not only sent the security forces to take over the mountain but to also recover all the gold already mined by the villagers.
It is reported that the soil there is highly concentrated in gold deposits even as high as 90%

Di latest now say goment don send Police to di area to return order and to collect back di gold wey di villagers bin don carry.

DR Congo na kontri wey dey rich in minerals and precious metals like gold, and di mountain inside di video na registered mining area wey get official workers.

How Buhari new gold mining program go work and benefit you
Ghana na highest Gold producer for Africa
No be all di pipo we see for di video be di actual workers on di site, Malenga bin tok.

Although di video begin spread for social media on Tuesday, Malenga say di incident happun over di weekend on Saturday.

Tori be say di mountain get 60% to 90% of gold.

https://www.bbc.com/pidgin/tori-56263481

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Congo Government Seizes The Mountain Of Gold Discovered By Villagers by Spending123: 3:17pm On Mar 04, 2021
Africa is cursed. I know if this happens to be in Nigeria, Buhari will order his soldiers to shoot them on sight.

155 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Congo Government Seizes The Mountain Of Gold Discovered By Villagers by dammyBoxes: 3:18pm On Mar 04, 2021
Unfortunately for the villagers, the soldiers will flog them, molest them, collect the gold and then loot it for themselves.
The useless government would still not use the revenue from the gold found there to develop the region.
Welcome to Africa.

The guy that uploaded the video bleeped up

Cc
MYND44, seun, lalasticlala

184 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Congo Government Seizes The Mountain Of Gold Discovered By Villagers by dammyBoxes: 3:22pm On Mar 04, 2021
Dhomesz:
This can only happen in Africa
The California Gold Rush (1848–1855) was a gold rush that began on January 24, 1848, when gold was found by James W. Marshall at Sutter's Mill in Coloma, California. The news of gold brought approximately 300,000 people to California from the rest of the United States and abroad.
Yet their government did not send the military to take over the gold in california.

Indeed African leaders are just evil.

271 Likes 22 Shares

Re: Congo Government Seizes The Mountain Of Gold Discovered By Villagers by BigBrowser: 3:25pm On Mar 04, 2021
Na government wan swallow everything on Africa soil

7 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Congo Government Seizes The Mountain Of Gold Discovered By Villagers by Nobody: 3:25pm On Mar 04, 2021
God bless Nigeria.

4 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Congo Government Seizes The Mountain Of Gold Discovered By Villagers by tamdun: 3:26pm On Mar 04, 2021
The villagers mumu small, they should have seen it coming na, no govt would allow villagers to mine valuables like gold, na to carry wetin I fit carry and japa, especially when the news don hit media

110 Likes 1 Share

Re: Congo Government Seizes The Mountain Of Gold Discovered By Villagers by tungamaje: 3:30pm On Mar 04, 2021
SilverNorGold:
God bless Nigeria.

What is wrong with this fellow? shocked
SilverNorGold:
God bless Nigeria.

What is wrong with this fellow?

25 Likes 1 Share

Re: Congo Government Seizes The Mountain Of Gold Discovered By Villagers by Monimatic(m): 3:30pm On Mar 04, 2021
Any wise villager that has taken gold should have fled the village by now and start a new life elsewhere

153 Likes 14 Shares

Re: Congo Government Seizes The Mountain Of Gold Discovered By Villagers by PrinceOfLagos: 3:42pm On Mar 04, 2021
The villagers should flee with their precious stones

Useless Congo government

84 Likes 8 Shares

Re: Congo Government Seizes The Mountain Of Gold Discovered By Villagers by Optional09: 3:43pm On Mar 04, 2021
Meanwhile in Niger Delta no individual can find oil in his well. It automatically belongs to the FG.

I think they should bomb their houses in that village because what they have done is equivalent to bonkery in Niger delta and that’s how they were treated

i am all about justice

In Southwest, we can’t farm because Fulani herdsmen want to grace their cow. Okay oo

When the rest of us are done Mumuing let me know

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: Congo Government Seizes The Mountain Of Gold Discovered By Villagers by Bampeh: 3:52pm On Mar 04, 2021
Mountain of Gold. Great asset to the country. A new destination for those searching for greener pasture

Bampeh is amazed

1 Like

Re: Congo Government Seizes The Mountain Of Gold Discovered By Villagers by Mikelarteta(m): 3:52pm On Mar 04, 2021
Africa is really blessed but our bad leaders are our problems.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Congo Government Seizes The Mountain Of Gold Discovered By Villagers by wale377(m): 3:53pm On Mar 04, 2021
Loool I just knew itttt
Re: Congo Government Seizes The Mountain Of Gold Discovered By Villagers by Elvis2kay: 3:53pm On Mar 04, 2021
Why now? man must wack
Re: Congo Government Seizes The Mountain Of Gold Discovered By Villagers by theFilmtric: 3:53pm On Mar 04, 2021
JAPA!!!
Spending123:
Africa is coursed.
you can't even spell undecided

theFilmtricsay

5 Likes

Re: Congo Government Seizes The Mountain Of Gold Discovered By Villagers by Wilsonorubebe(m): 3:54pm On Mar 04, 2021
I was expecting this to happen
Re: Congo Government Seizes The Mountain Of Gold Discovered By Villagers by Qatar2022: 3:54pm On Mar 04, 2021
Spending123:
Africa is coursed.
What the reason of this your comment now?? Did you want individual to hold what government supposed to use to make their economy and country good

4 Likes

Re: Congo Government Seizes The Mountain Of Gold Discovered By Villagers by toprealman: 3:54pm On Mar 04, 2021
dammyBoxes:
Unfortunately for the villagers, the soldiers will flog them, molest them, collect the gold and then loot it for themselves.
The useless government would still not use the revenue from the gold found there to develop the region.
Welcome to Africa.

The guy that uploaded the video bleeped up

Cc
MYND44, seun, lalasticlala
Then they will sell it for an equivalent of 15K naira.

1 Like

Re: Congo Government Seizes The Mountain Of Gold Discovered By Villagers by bayelsaowei(m): 3:54pm On Mar 04, 2021
PrinceOfLagos:
The villagers should flee with their precious stones

Useless government
cheesy grin grin
Re: Congo Government Seizes The Mountain Of Gold Discovered By Villagers by Jerryherd: 3:55pm On Mar 04, 2021
cheesy

Black man and greed,

Go to a typical UAE mall and most Emaratis you see are parking very very expensive luxury cars , from Abudhabi, Dubai even poor Ajman

Here in Africa only one Ape wants to seize all the banana

6 Likes 4 Shares

Re: Congo Government Seizes The Mountain Of Gold Discovered By Villagers by Chummynoni(m): 3:55pm On Mar 04, 2021
Sensible people should have left the village

3 Likes

Re: Congo Government Seizes The Mountain Of Gold Discovered By Villagers by chukwuibuipob: 3:55pm On Mar 04, 2021
sad
Re: Congo Government Seizes The Mountain Of Gold Discovered By Villagers by Psoul(m): 3:56pm On Mar 04, 2021
Spending123:
Africa is coursed.

What does coursed mean? angry angry angry

5 Likes

Re: Congo Government Seizes The Mountain Of Gold Discovered By Villagers by Qatar2022: 3:56pm On Mar 04, 2021
Dhomesz:
This can only happen in Africa
When I see comment like this all I see is idiot that has never travel or know anything , tell me in a develop country where government will let individual hold onto their mineral resource

10 Likes

Re: Congo Government Seizes The Mountain Of Gold Discovered By Villagers by baggioni: 3:56pm On Mar 04, 2021
grin
I talk am. I dey laugh when some people dey talk say if na Naija the government 4 don take over the village. No government in this world would just throway face 4 dat kind jackpot, even the US government would use one yẹyẹ English to seize the place and codedly evacuate the inhabitants.

12 Likes 2 Shares

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

President Rodrigo Duterte: I Used To Be Gay, 'Cured' Myself With Beautiful Women / Image Of Pregnant Trump Cradled By Putin Is Projected Onto NY Building / Jean-Yves Le Drian: Putin Needs To Understand NATO Has Nuclear Weapons

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.