Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,166,430 members, 7,864,891 topics. Date: Wednesday, 19 June 2024 at 08:51 AM

Nigerian Youths Are The Leaders Of Tomorrow: Tomorrow Is Today - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Nigerian Youths Are The Leaders Of Tomorrow: Tomorrow Is Today (926 Views)

7 Reasons Why Nigerian Youths Do Not Go To Church - EDUREGARD / See Our LEADERS Of Tomorrow(pic) / See The Leaders Of Tomorrow In An Exam Hall(pics) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Nigerian Youths Are The Leaders Of Tomorrow: Tomorrow Is Today by Okeogbero: 11:12pm On Apr 11, 2011
I look at Nigeria, and I wonder what exactly is going through the minds of these old men and women that we call leaders when they continue to hold on to political and economical power (even till death like the late President Yar'Adua, may his soul RIP). If they want to hold on to power, that is fine, but not when they expose us the youth to danger in the name of "serving our nation". Countless young men and women with promising lives barely started have died in the name of NYSC, yet Nigeria continues to turn a blind eye. Religious strife in the north; and now even political strife in the nation ends with the death of corpers, and the next day we all are implored to vote so as not to "allow the blood of the corpers be wasted".

I say, SCRAP NYSC and reduce the death rate of fresh graduates in the country. The money sunk into the scheme every year can be used to improve our educational system; give teachers and lecturers the salary they deserve and ensure that graduates are better equipped to be job creators and not job seekers.

If these old people in power don't have the wisdom needed to move this country forward, I say we the youths should take things into our hands and say NO TO NYSC.
Re: Nigerian Youths Are The Leaders Of Tomorrow: Tomorrow Is Today by Erezi: 11:47pm On Apr 11, 2011
Its really sad the way things are going in this country. I agree with Okeogbero, the sacrifices from the blood of corpers is too much and its time we the youths stood up for change, i for 1 still can't figure out the significance of NYSC. not the "supposed to be" significance but the actual significance except exposing us to hardship and danger.
Re: Nigerian Youths Are The Leaders Of Tomorrow: Tomorrow Is Today by OjoOmoyen: 2:35pm On Apr 12, 2011
I am completely anti-NYSC the objectives of the project are outdated and have failed woefully. Its just an unfair imposition on the Nigerian youth.

(1) (Reply)

Help! Unilag Master Degree: / Unizik Begins Lectures For New Students 7th November 2011 / Futa Pds Info For 2011/2012

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.