Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,398 members, 7,812,171 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 09:27 AM

Pope Francis Arrives Baghdad, Iraq, In Historic Papal Visit To The Region (pics) - Religion (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Pope Francis Arrives Baghdad, Iraq, In Historic Papal Visit To The Region (pics) (39624 Views)

Pope Francis Makes First Visit To The Arabian Peninsula / Sign Fireman's Visit To Surulere Shuts Down The Region. / Pope Francis Requests Roman Catholic Priests Be Given The Right To Get Married (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Pope Francis Arrives Baghdad, Iraq, In Historic Papal Visit To The Region (pics) by Thomthom(m): 4:51am On Mar 06, 2021
See security as they neat and fine with all the security gadget on them

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Arrives Baghdad, Iraq, In Historic Papal Visit To The Region (pics) by Theevilone(m): 6:36am On Mar 06, 2021
[s][/s]
Benmob:
New world order things but while noting concern me
Re: Pope Francis Arrives Baghdad, Iraq, In Historic Papal Visit To The Region (pics) by Theevilone(m): 6:37am On Mar 06, 2021
[s][/s]
Benmob:

Re: Pope Francis Arrives Baghdad, Iraq, In Historic Papal Visit To The Region (pics) by hotwax: 6:44am On Mar 06, 2021
Nairalandian:
sad
I thought Iran is an Islamic republic.
This one they granted him Visa

The dare not give him visa. Catholic created islam. Mohamed mentor sister Fatimah was a catholic nun. Secrets of secrets.

Islam was created by catholic to fight Jews and protestants
Re: Pope Francis Arrives Baghdad, Iraq, In Historic Papal Visit To The Region (pics) by Primase: 6:44am On Mar 06, 2021
Benmob:

Your pastor has brainwashed you and yet your brain is not clean enough to read and understand the bible yourself.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pope Francis Arrives Baghdad, Iraq, In Historic Papal Visit To The Region (pics) by PerfectlyPerfect(m): 6:49am On Mar 06, 2021
Neddstark:
RIP Pope John Paul.
Papacy should not be pro-homosexuality.
I don't think he's pro-gay or anti-gay. If you read that post well, you'll see that the Pope said people shouldn't be discriminated because of their sexuality. The newspaper tabloids carried the story that the Pope was in support of gays because they needed to make the headline sensational so people will rush to buy

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope Francis Arrives Baghdad, Iraq, In Historic Papal Visit To The Region (pics) by Primase: 6:50am On Mar 06, 2021
hotwax:

The dare not give him visa. Catholic created islam. Mohamed mentor sister Fatimah was a catholic nun. Secrets of secrets.

FOOL! The Pope used to be (and now he is still) the most powerful and influential man on earth.

No country can STOP the Pope.

You don't dare touch the Pope.

If they born them well, let them try it.

On the last day, it will be too late for you to realize that your pastor has brainwashed you!

You are like the Pharisees who became angry because Jesus was with sinners (the tax collectors)

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope Francis Arrives Baghdad, Iraq, In Historic Papal Visit To The Region (pics) by Primase: 6:51am On Mar 06, 2021
PerfectlyPerfect:

I don't think he's pro-gay or anti-gay. If you read that post well, you'll see that the Pope said people shouldn't be discriminated because of their sexuality. The newspaper tabloids carried the story that the Pope was in support of gays because they needed to make the headline sensational so people will rush to buy

You are wise!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope Francis Arrives Baghdad, Iraq, In Historic Papal Visit To The Region (pics) by ViktorCash: 6:52am On Mar 06, 2021
I dont trust that man
Re: Pope Francis Arrives Baghdad, Iraq, In Historic Papal Visit To The Region (pics) by hotwax: 6:54am On Mar 06, 2021
Primase:

FOOL! The Pope used to be (and now he is still) the most powerful and influential man on earth.

No country can STOP the Pope.

You don't dare touch the Pope.

If they born them well, let them try it.

On the last day, it will be too late for you to realize that your pastor has brainwashed you!

You are like the Pharisees who became angry because Jesus was with sinners (the tax collectors)

I answer well read people. Which you are not. I am an historian..so watch who you want mess with.

I will ignore the fool part..today is your lucky day
Re: Pope Francis Arrives Baghdad, Iraq, In Historic Papal Visit To The Region (pics) by Onyekamike(m): 6:56am On Mar 06, 2021
May Pop visit to Iraq unite Christians and muslim as brothers and sisters. To God be the Glory

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pope Francis Arrives Baghdad, Iraq, In Historic Papal Visit To The Region (pics) by pat077: 7:15am On Mar 06, 2021
moscobabs:
The world would have been a peaceful place if there was no US.
The world would have been more peaceful without Islam
Re: Pope Francis Arrives Baghdad, Iraq, In Historic Papal Visit To The Region (pics) by 8stargeneral: 7:51am On Mar 06, 2021
Nice,let there be peace.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pope Francis Arrives Baghdad, Iraq, In Historic Papal Visit To The Region (pics) by Mpanyi: 8:20am On Mar 06, 2021
Righteousness2:
Do not be Deceived or carried away by all these.

Every Actor for the New World Order are up and playing their Parts.
All over the World Finishing touches are being put to the One World Religion, One World Government, New World Order etc.
Folks we are in the Season of the RAPTURE! The Signs are popping out everywhere!

The sign I know that has popped out not even popping out is that you are an enemy of the death of Christ on the cross. In fact you are a liar. And you know who the father of liars is?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pope Francis Arrives Baghdad, Iraq, In Historic Papal Visit To The Region (pics) by Theevilone(m): 8:23am On Mar 06, 2021
hotwax:

I answer well read people. Which you are not. I am an historian..so watch who you want mess with.

I will ignore the fool part..today is your lucky day

An ignorant historian, tueh to the institution that certified you .
Re: Pope Francis Arrives Baghdad, Iraq, In Historic Papal Visit To The Region (pics) by Mpanyi: 8:24am On Mar 06, 2021
farem:

Any visit that has no Message of salvation is nothing but political, spiritually useless and therefore demonic.
The simple and the ONLY message for anyone who claims to be a child of God in public Space is to preach salvation to the world

My dear Catholic has the best way to evangelize. Catholic has political dexterity on how to evangelize. Where other churches can't evangelize Catholic does that successfully. But if you don't like the visit you can visit your own.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope Francis Arrives Baghdad, Iraq, In Historic Papal Visit To The Region (pics) by oluwaahmed: 8:33am On Mar 06, 2021
kendrick9:
Read till the end.
You are really well versed in foreign policies/relations
Kudos.
I learned something new

U learned nothing but lies and half-truths. The pope has had meetings with patriarchs of middle-estern churches on the persecution of Christians in Iraq, Syria by ISIS and other Saudi backed rebels fighting in these zones.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.catholicnewsagency.com/amp/news/middle-east-patriarchs-discuss-plight-of-christian-minorities-with-pope-francis-64851

Also the pope was never in support of Trump presidency unlike most pentecostal. The pope did not grant audience to mike pompey (The Vatican has denied US Secretary of State Mike Pompeo an audience with Pope Francis the Holy See said the Pontiff does not receive politicians during an election period.)
The pope also visited China for them to allow Christians worship in peace and allow the church appoint its own bishops. The only Christians supporting trump were pentecostals who were blinded by their theiving pastors. The Nigerian pastors that have 3 private jets what impact have they had on christianity in Nigeria?
Unlearn the lies and relearn the truth.

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope Francis Arrives Baghdad, Iraq, In Historic Papal Visit To The Region (pics) by seyz91(m): 9:02am On Mar 06, 2021
cheesy
Enoch07:
suicide bombers will be like " this man get mind oh"
Re: Pope Francis Arrives Baghdad, Iraq, In Historic Papal Visit To The Region (pics) by seyz91(m): 9:02am On Mar 06, 2021
cheesy
SimplyFacts:
Pope when he sleeps in Iraq grin

1 Like

Re: Pope Francis Arrives Baghdad, Iraq, In Historic Papal Visit To The Region (pics) by wisdomkid: 9:31am On Mar 06, 2021
Enoch07:
suicide bombers will be like " this man get mind oh"

E get some bombs wey suicide bombers dey fear. God isn't man.
Re: Pope Francis Arrives Baghdad, Iraq, In Historic Papal Visit To The Region (pics) by ofiko123(m): 10:27am On Mar 06, 2021
Nice one...the pope is working..

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pope Francis Arrives Baghdad, Iraq, In Historic Papal Visit To The Region (pics) by Empredboy(m): 10:44am On Mar 06, 2021
Nairalandian:
sad
pope doesn't need a visa, he is a diplomat, he is also a president of the Vatican republic.
Re: Pope Francis Arrives Baghdad, Iraq, In Historic Papal Visit To The Region (pics) by fashrola(m): 10:46am On Mar 06, 2021
Nairalandian:
sad

The pope has diplomatic immunity and can travel to any country just like the Queen of England
Re: Pope Francis Arrives Baghdad, Iraq, In Historic Papal Visit To The Region (pics) by fashrola(m): 10:51am On Mar 06, 2021
farem:

Any visit that has no Message of salvation is nothing but political, spiritually useless and therefore demonic.
The simple and the ONLY message for anyone who claims to be a child of God in public Space is to preach salvation to the world

Bro you can't force your religion to someone's throat because you are a Christian.... I am a Christian but I can't force anyone to be born again

What we need is peace and coexisting without war, love each other and care for each others needs

Not inflicting pains, anger, Hunger on your fellow human being to claim supremacy over one another...

That's not how the world works.... We just need Peace in the world

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pope Francis Arrives Baghdad, Iraq, In Historic Papal Visit To The Region (pics) by farem: 11:41am On Mar 06, 2021
fashrola:

Bro you can't force your religion to someone's throat because you are a Christian.... I am a Christian but I can't force anyone to be born again

What we need is peace and coexisting without war, love each other and care for each others needs

Not inflicting pains, anger, Hunger on your fellow human being to claim supremacy over one another...

That's not how the world works.... We just need Peace in the world

The foulest verse from the Pit of Hell is at the bolded
The one who is Christianity himself declares:

John 3:5 (KJV) Jesus answered, Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born of water and of the Spirit, he cannot enter into the kingdom of God.

You and your Pope and daddy G.O, fathers, sisters, pastors etc will all rot in hell if you disregard this command

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pope Francis Arrives Baghdad, Iraq, In Historic Papal Visit To The Region (pics) by Emyben(m): 1:35pm On Mar 06, 2021
hotwax:

You will just open your mouth and ignorantly vomit nonsense.

Was there Protestant Church when Islam was founded? So which Protestant church was Islam established to fight? Nonsense.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Pope Francis Arrives Baghdad, Iraq, In Historic Papal Visit To The Region (pics) by Emyben(m): 1:36pm On Mar 06, 2021
hotwax:

Re: Pope Francis Arrives Baghdad, Iraq, In Historic Papal Visit To The Region (pics) by africatv: 4:43pm On Mar 06, 2021
Pope Francis, head of the Catholic Church, meets with Ayatollah Sistani in Iraq
Pope Francis, head of the Roman Catholic Church, has held closed-door talks with Iraq’s prominent Shia cleric Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani on the second day of his visit to the Arab country.
http://en.hausatv.com/news/content/24226

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Pope Francis Arrives Baghdad, Iraq, In Historic Papal Visit To The Region (pics) by Tonnierichy(m): 5:56pm On Mar 06, 2021
Nairalandian:
sad
The pope doesn't need a visa to enter any country. It's either you want him in your country or you don't.
Re: Pope Francis Arrives Baghdad, Iraq, In Historic Papal Visit To The Region (pics) by viviangist: 5:58pm On Mar 06, 2021
Elbinawi:
Friday Reflection: The Pope Visit to Iraq...

The Bishop of Rome #Pope made a historic visit to Iraq today. Iraq is a land full of history and ancient civilization. The Father of Monotheism, Prophet Abraham (as), was born in the ancient Iraqi town of Ur in 1,900 BC.

Iraq recorded the first Christian community in the world. The Eastern Contact Number Church was born in Iraq. The ancient Churches in Mosul are older than Islam.

Before the US-led invasion of Iraq there were more than 1.5 million Iraqis who are Christians. They are the descendants of the ancient Churches. Sadly, but now there are less than half a million Christians in Iraq. The Genocidal US regime brought ISIS and murderous Wahhabi terrorist groups to Iraq that pose existential threats to Iraqi Christians. Without the Righteous Resistance of Shia-led forces in Iraq under the leadership of General Qassem Sulaimani and Abu Mahdi al-Muhadis there will today not be a single Christian in Iraq. The US regime under Trump cowardly assasinated these two famous Commanders who protected Iraqi Christians from the bloodthirsty Wahhabi savages.

And if I may ask where was Pope when all these things that were enabled by the arrogant West were happening? Where was the voice of the Pope when Christians of Iraq and Syria were targeted for elimination and extinction by the Saudi-backed Al-Qaeda and ISIS barbarians? Where was the Pope when the nuns of the ancient Syrian Christian town of Maaloula were kidnapped and raped by Western-backed Wahhabi Terrorists? The language spoken by Jesus (as) is still spoken in Maaloula till date.

Having said all these it is important to note that Christianity is the closest Religion to Islam as only these two Monotheist Religions accepted and celebrated the miraculous Birth of Jesus (as) and the chastity of his Blessed Mother, Mary (as). The meetings of Pope and Iraqi Islamic Scholars led by Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani (H) should be geared towards strengthening the historic ties between Muslims and Christians.

As an after thought, Muslims should disregard the fake, fraudulent and fabricated narrative by Wahhabis that Christians are enemies of Muslims. The first leader that saved Muslims from the extreme persecution of the Qureish was the Just Ethiopian king who was a Christian. He respected Islam and protected Muslims. The overwhelming majority of Muslims are against the Christian Genocide agenda of murderous Wahhabi Terrorism that is sponsored by the Saudi Wahhabi regime.

On a final note, we call on the Bishop of Rome who is the undisputed leader of the Roman Catholic Church to stop enabling the heinous crimes and atrocities of the Genocidal imperialist barbarians of the West. Christianity is not Western imperialism and Western imperialism is not Christianity.

#Photo: Banner in Iraq of Grand Ayatollah Ali al-Sistani and the Pope

Harun Elbinawi
elbinawi@yahoo.com
Elbinawi.
Re: Pope Francis Arrives Baghdad, Iraq, In Historic Papal Visit To The Region (pics) by redsun(m): 6:21pm On Mar 06, 2021
I don't think the Vatican is generating enough funds from all its mugu worldwide any with the dreaded covid in place. That seems like a desperate trip for relevance in a world where people are beginning to know the truth that will set them free.
Re: Pope Francis Arrives Baghdad, Iraq, In Historic Papal Visit To The Region (pics) by juman(m): 3:33am On Mar 07, 2021
Such visit is not proper during pandemic.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Church Of England Paves The Way For Same-sex Marriages ( Pics) / Apostle Johnson Suleman Sacks Pastor Over MMM / Reverend Impregnates Seven Church Members, Two Married Women - Punch

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.