Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,199 members, 7,818,665 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 09:16 PM

Odion Ighalo updates Nigerian on return to Super Eagles - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Odion Ighalo updates Nigerian on return to Super Eagles (122 Views)

Nigeria-Ghana Jollof War: See Troost-Ekong's Reaction To Super Eagles' Victory / Neymar Scores Stunning Bicycle Kick Goal On Return From Injury (Photos) / Odion Ighalo, His Wife Sonia And Their Children Pictured After Leaving World Cup (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Odion Ighalo updates Nigerian on return to Super Eagles by 774ngr: 11:30am On Mar 06, 2021
Former Manchester United striker, Odion Ighalo, has provided updates on his speculated return to the senior national team of Nigeria.

The striker resigned from the team two years ago after the Super Eagles came third at the last African Cup of Nations in Egypt.

Ighalo said he has had discussions with the national team coach but is yet to decide whether to return or not.

“I have been approached by the coach, but I haven’t decided yet whether this is a path I want to follow again,” the 31-year-old told the BBC.

“We’ve been talking about it for a while and hopefully soon I will make that decision.

“I need to decide because I have huge respect for my country and the coach, so it’s only fair to let people know where you stand.”

Ighalo helped Nigeria to finish third in the last AFCON. He is the Super Eagles seventh-highest-scorer of all time with 16 goals.

https://www.774ngr.com/2021/03/06/odion-ighalo-updates-nigerian-on-return-to-super-eagles/

(1) (Reply)

� *money Has To Be Made On #manchesterderby This Weekend* / Chelsea 'preparing To Open Contact Talks With Antonio Rudiger' / Ways And Procedures To Sell Your Product On Kofstore

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 7
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.