Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,179 members, 7,815,136 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:00 AM

112: FG To Build Uber-Like National Emergency Ambulance Service - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 112: FG To Build Uber-Like National Emergency Ambulance Service (9970 Views)

Reps Declare National Emergency Over Ritual Killings / Senate Passes 112 Toll-Free National Emergency Number, Awaiting Buhari’s Assent / Abba Kyari Arrives Lagos In Air Ambulance (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 112: FG To Build Uber-Like National Emergency Ambulance Service by Cmanforall: 3:16pm On Mar 06, 2021
The emergency service should be nationwide, including rapid police response
Re: 112: FG To Build Uber-Like National Emergency Ambulance Service by Jerryherd: 3:16pm On Mar 06, 2021
Frontail:
...You see this your Coconut head ! Nothing is good enough in this your Coconut Head angry angry angry

You that don't have coconut head

Picture this scenerio;

MTN toll free takes you hours to get an agent

You now have an accident and bleeding, calling a Nigerian Government Toll free how long will it take for an agent to respond before you bleed out

Re: 112: FG To Build Uber-Like National Emergency Ambulance Service by Cmanforall: 3:19pm On Mar 06, 2021
Jerryherd:

Picture this scenerio;

You now have an accident and bleeding, calling a Nigerian Government Toll free how long will it take for an agent to respond before you bleed out

Then more people should be employed or more stations built.

A visionary leader can handle this.
Re: 112: FG To Build Uber-Like National Emergency Ambulance Service by airsaylongcome: 3:20pm On Mar 06, 2021
Jerryherd:

Picture this scenerio;

With a proper automated system it's achievable. Calls to a Command and Control Centre can be built using any PBX solution. Dispatch and First responders solution already in wide existence and use at a private facility I'd rather not name. Not easy I agree but do able even with our wacky infrastructure
Re: 112: FG To Build Uber-Like National Emergency Ambulance Service by saintrow1: 3:36pm On Mar 06, 2021
What a joke
Re: 112: FG To Build Uber-Like National Emergency Ambulance Service by Optional09: 3:41pm On Mar 06, 2021
so when ambulance pick you they’ll take you to bandits or which hospital exactly.

In the past 4 years we have only seen massive investments in banditry and terrorism not healthcare. So when you now invent healthcare transportation does it mean that people who suffer health issues would be taken to bandits for treatment?
Re: 112: FG To Build Uber-Like National Emergency Ambulance Service by 4four(m): 3:44pm On Mar 06, 2021
All na Lori ro
Re: 112: FG To Build Uber-Like National Emergency Ambulance Service by Nobody: 3:56pm On Mar 06, 2021
theFilmtric:
another white elephant that is likely to have died in 3 years time undecided

God help us sad

theFilmtricsay

Will they even do it? Is it today we started hearing FG will do, FG to do so and so? How many have they done?
Re: 112: FG To Build Uber-Like National Emergency Ambulance Service by Jimi24: 4:09pm On Mar 06, 2021
FeedMeNews:

https://igberetvnews.com/1384337/112-fg-build-uber-like-national-emergency-ambulance/

All these should be handed over to LGAs after the first year. FG should not be running ambulance services
Re: 112: FG To Build Uber-Like National Emergency Ambulance Service by IgboWarlord(m): 4:23pm On Mar 06, 2021
Re: 112: FG To Build Uber-Like National Emergency Ambulance Service by gcof(m): 5:10pm On Mar 06, 2021
Just do it already and announce you have done it..a government of we will
Re: 112: FG To Build Uber-Like National Emergency Ambulance Service by palsenator(m): 5:31pm On Mar 06, 2021
Godarz:
Won't work..as our tax to gdp ratio is too low for it to work...plus our health budget is also very very low....$1.33 billion for 200 million people.

Either tax to gdp ratio and the tax base has to go up...or we take another loan, or we fast and pray for oil to go up to $140 per barrel....
@ $140/ barrel, we will be buying fuel #400/ liter
Re: 112: FG To Build Uber-Like National Emergency Ambulance Service by Kingspin(m): 6:47pm On Mar 06, 2021
Chop i chop country.

Another waste project
Re: 112: FG To Build Uber-Like National Emergency Ambulance Service by successtutor(m): 6:59pm On Mar 06, 2021
some government hospitals don't even have ambulance, I'm thinking where the nearest ambulance will come from.
Re: 112: FG To Build Uber-Like National Emergency Ambulance Service by saajus: 7:52pm On Mar 06, 2021
You are right. First thing first, primary health care centres. Primary health care is not expensive to establish around 774 local Govt. Every 5 mins drive can have a small health care centre that can normalize patients in case of an emergency and then transport them to big hospitals if necessary. We ca learn from Cuba. Their primary health care system is very strong. How can Cuba, a country that is not that rich have a life expectancy rate better than many advanced countries?

That's one thing we will all remember Dr Olikoye for. He tried his best to build us a strong primary health care system even during the military time.

Nbotee:
Will someone jus advice dis clueless FG to stop embarking on white elephant projects dat will only end up wasting tax payers money. Let dem use the money to fix primary healthcare care centres all over the country becos road no even dey for the ubergency ambulance to drive
Re: 112: FG To Build Uber-Like National Emergency Ambulance Service by 1forall: 8:09pm On Mar 06, 2021
A-loota continua!
Re: 112: FG To Build Uber-Like National Emergency Ambulance Service by Moneyearners: 8:43pm On Mar 06, 2021
Really
Re: 112: FG To Build Uber-Like National Emergency Ambulance Service by Dcube212: 8:43pm On Mar 06, 2021
As me I will tell those at the helm the affair of Our ICT aren't taking advantage of the IT world.
Re: 112: FG To Build Uber-Like National Emergency Ambulance Service by Dcube212: 8:44pm On Mar 06, 2021
Ask me I will say those at the helm the affair of Our ICT aren't taking advantage of the IT world.

Take example of how they celebrate common rejects as this

Anyway, Get (Free Airtime) or 2 Free Delivery each time we deliver your packages to your Clients Within Lagos
Info 0901 438 5904
Re: 112: FG To Build Uber-Like National Emergency Ambulance Service by Nobody: 9:37pm On Mar 06, 2021
Jerryherd:
lipsrsealed

MTN , Glo and others that deploy great asset to 180 , 121 customer care service Nation wide , you would wait for hours before getting an agent

FG run Emergency system won't work, we are 200 million +

774 LGA should have primary health system, ambulance and a functional toll free line for emergency

Localised health care system would greatly reduce the burden on State health hospital , Federal Medical Centre and Tertiary Health care

FG run emergency line won't work??! Are u serious?. 911 is it not run by the US govt with a populations a quarter bigger than ours!!! Yet it works! U are trying to sound like a genius and show how educated u are with ur grammar, but right thru ur words tells of someone that doesn't know the working of emergency service lines networks, I've called 112 emergency lines a lot of times they calls get picked but they av never responded to any single emergency call, I think their problem is having to route this calls to the nearest avaliable police station
Re: 112: FG To Build Uber-Like National Emergency Ambulance Service by Jerryherd: 9:46pm On Mar 06, 2021
Heathrow44:

FG run emergency line won't work??! Are u serious?. 911 is it not run by the US govt with a populations a quarter bigger than ours!!! Yet it works! U are trying to sound like a genius and show how educated u are with ur grammar, but right thru ur words tells of someone that doesn't know the working of emergency service lines networks, I've called 112 emergency lines a lot of times they calls get picked but they av never responded to any single emergency call, I think their problem is having to route this calls to the nearest avaliable police station

911 works on a dedicated frequency all over US, only NYPD has budget of $500 million which covers communications and all, 49 other states has budget that size

In Nigeria a centralised system can't work because we just don't have the funds for the tech to deploy and the man power or over head cost to match numbers of crisis requiring first responders
Re: 112: FG To Build Uber-Like National Emergency Ambulance Service by misterjosh(m): 9:20am On Mar 07, 2021
Something that was down without no much fanfares during the #EndSARS protests.
Re: 112: FG To Build Uber-Like National Emergency Ambulance Service by Badyback: 3:50pm On Jun 02, 2021
IMO is a system similar to the traditional one. If I honestly don't see the difference between them. Both are free lines, so there's no payoff, plus any phone, even without a SIM, has this number available. Like everywhere, your accident is rededicated to that nearest ambulance station for the process to go faster. The difference is just that it's Uber? I don't think the dying man is paying attention to the comfort of the chair. Certainly not in this case. IMO the fastest operation is an air ambulance. With them guaranteed, you get in 2 seconds to the nearest hospital.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tinubu Worse Than Abacha And IBB – Obanikoro / Edo Election: Ize-iyamu, PDP Tenders Evidence At Tribunal / I call Ugwuanyi ‘Junior Jim’, says Jim Nwobodo’s wife

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.