Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,164 members, 7,818,535 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 06:15 PM

Hijab Wearing In Kwara State Christian Schools, What The Church Can Do. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Hijab Wearing In Kwara State Christian Schools, What The Church Can Do. (387 Views)

The Shame Of Lagos Public Schools & What Exactly Did Tinubu Achieve As Governor / Hijab: Rename Muslim, Christian Schools, MURIC Tells Kwara Govt / Kwara: Crisis Brews Over Use Of Hijab In Christian Schools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Hijab Wearing In Kwara State Christian Schools, What The Church Can Do. by cheango: 8:16am On Mar 07, 2021
HIJAB WEARING IN KWARA STATE, WHAT CHURCHES CAN DO.

In Ilorin, there is tension, because kwara state govt said Muslim can wear Hijab to Christian schools.
Its has been an issue for long in ilorin and some part of the country.
Since these schools are controlled by Govt, it will be hard for the church to win this war, because they will be using freedom in law for it.
But to say the truth, all Religion want to propagate or promote their own, so no one will accept that, even if it were to be Muslim, they won't accept.

And interestingly, all these churches in ilorin are not tolerated by Ilorin people, they pursued them to outside ilorin then, and now development has come,where those churches were sent to , are the best area in ilorin, from Taiwo, unity, GRA, Tanke, Fate Tanke etc, And also these churches also has the best public schools, since Churches appoint the head, and control some aspect too..And also most of these Muslim and Govt leaders in kwara State, attended all these Christian schools.

In all, Govt and Muslim are having their way of using Hijab, and I don't see the church winning even in supreme court. But what churches can do is to shut down these schools, or even demolish it, since its their school, that Govt didnt pay to build. Govt has not compensated them too. So churches is the owner of the building and are the owner of land.
Most of these churches now have Their own Nursery and primary school, so they should demolish the public school on their land, so they have peace, else Hijab will be used
Re: Hijab Wearing In Kwara State Christian Schools, What The Church Can Do. by falcon01: 8:22am On Mar 07, 2021
wetin carry muslims go Christian school? it's called Christian school nah!! Nigeria is very arhhhh!! I dont even know sef.
Re: Hijab Wearing In Kwara State Christian Schools, What The Church Can Do. by malcom1X: 8:23am On Mar 07, 2021
This is very simple, as you register anyone for jss1 or ss1 tell them to sign an undertaking that will be verified by a lawyer that they will abide by the school rules and regulations including dress code. If they dont then they should be punished or expelled depending on the degree.

Simple. This undertaking should also be signed by their guardian.

Provide berets for every female students. If beret is the dress code. If it isn't then no need.

I know of Muslims who go to Christian schools they don't behave that way, they abide by those rules. They put their hijab in the bag and wear their berets or nothing at all. I even know of Muslim boys in states like katsina who came for boarding house and don't miss Sunday service. I don't know if the school did an exchange.

It's only in the west I hear them fighting on why they should wear hijab and all that.

Sooner or later the level of education in kwarra will fall. NYSC makes sure they don't teach on Thursday because Thursday is CDS.
so since corpers hold most of these schools, no one teaches on Thursdays, on Fridays, these Muslims will go to mosque or refuse to do anything because it's Friday. So they only learn three days in a week, that's Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday. I've seen this in the West Osun state to be precise, before you know it the education starts deteriorating.
Re: Hijab Wearing In Kwara State Christian Schools, What The Church Can Do. by Amaechi2023(m): 8:40am On Mar 07, 2021
malcom1X:
This is very simple, as you register anyone for jss1 or ss1 tell them to sign an undertaking that will be verified by a lawyer that they will abide by the school rules and regulations including dress code. If they dont then they should be punished or expelled depending on the degree.

Simple. This undertaking should also be signed by their guardian.

Provide berets for every female students. If beret is the dress code. If it isn't then no need.

I know of Muslims who go to Christian schools they don't behave that way, they abide by those rules. They put their hijab in the bag and wear their berets or nothing at all. I even know of Muslim boys in states like katsina who came for boarding house and don't miss Sunday service. I don't know if the school did an exchange.

It's only in the west I hear them fighting on why they should wear hijab and all that.
oga the school is not a Christian school anymore.
until it becomes a christain school by a competent law, then we can accept their stance on hijab.
the principal can't just wake up one-day and decide to ban hijab if hes not a religious bigots.
I don't know what is wrong in girls covering their hair cos even true christains cover their hair but because of the bigotry in the principal's heart, he prefers to disobey the Bible because he hates Muslims.
in the north. govt schools allow girls to wear hijab and not to.
I've seen christain girls wearing hijab voluntarily on their own because they admire it. I don't understand why educated christains would behave like bokoharam Muslims.
I just don't know.
Re: Hijab Wearing In Kwara State Christian Schools, What The Church Can Do. by malcom1X: 8:42am On Mar 07, 2021
Amaechi2023:
until it becomes a christain school by a competent law, then we can accept their stance on hijab.
the principal can't just wake up one-day and decide to ban hijab if hes not a religious bigots.
I don't know what is wrong in girls covering their hair cos even true christains cover their hair but because of the bigotry in the principal's heart, he prefers to disobey the Bible because he hates Muslims.
I've seen christain girls wearing hijab voluntarily on their own because they admire it. I don't understand why educated christains would behave like bokoharam Muslims.
I just don't know.

How do you know it's not a Christian school anymore, they just getting grants from government doesn't make them a Muslim school.
Re: Hijab Wearing In Kwara State Christian Schools, What The Church Can Do. by ENGINEERG(m): 8:47am On Mar 07, 2021
DO YOU KNOW THAT HIJAB WEARING IS A CULTURE, AND NOT FROM GOD, GOD ONLY TALKED ON MODESTY?

DO YOU KNOW HIJAB WEARING IS BEFORE ISLAM?

DO YOU KNOW THAT GOD DIDNT CREATE CLOTH, BUT MAN MADE CLOTH?
Amaechi2023:
I just don't know.
Re: Hijab Wearing In Kwara State Christian Schools, What The Church Can Do. by Amaechi2023(m): 8:49am On Mar 07, 2021
malcom1X:

How do you know it's not a Christian school anymore, they just getting grants from government doesn't make them a Muslim school.

Baba how far, show your boy love na? I dey loyal.
read the earlier report.
it was a Christian missionary school which for some reason we're claimed by the state govt.

the report says some christain lawyers are already in court to reclaim the school from govt.
until they can successful do that, the school remains a govt school.
Re: Hijab Wearing In Kwara State Christian Schools, What The Church Can Do. by malcom1X: 8:52am On Mar 07, 2021
Amaechi2023:

read the earlier report.
it was a Christian missionary school which for some reason we're claimed by the state govt.

the report says some christain lawyers are already in court to reclaim the school from govt.
until they can successful do that, the school remains a govt school.

This comes down to what I wrote earlier, you give them an undertaking to sign before admission, so we don't have these issues again. An undertaking that their guardian will also sign or no admission. Simple.

I thought kwarra state chased all the missionary schools out of town. Why do they want to reclaim the schools again.
Re: Hijab Wearing In Kwara State Christian Schools, What The Church Can Do. by Amaechi2023(m): 8:53am On Mar 07, 2021
ENGINEERG:
DO YOU KNOW THAT HIJAB WEARING IS A CULTURE, AND NOT FROM GOD, GOD ONLY TALKED ON MODESTY?

DO YOU KNOW HIJAB WEARING IS BEFORE ISLAM?

DO YOU KNOW THAT GOD DIDNT CREATE CLOTH, BUT MAN MADE CLOTH?
you think Islam said hijab in the Quran?
like you said, it's a culture and if Muslims are first to put it in a more packaged and attractive manner, does it mean christains too can't copy it ?

after all irrespective of what it's being called our Catholic sister's too do wear it or something similar.
the goal is to cover the hair and that's it..
Re: Hijab Wearing In Kwara State Christian Schools, What The Church Can Do. by Amaechi2023(m): 8:56am On Mar 07, 2021
malcom1X:

This comes down to what I wrote earlier, you give them an undertaking to sign before admission, so we don't have these issues again. An undertaking that their guardian will also sign or no admission. Simple.

I thought kwarra state chased all the missionary schools out of town. Why do they want to reclaim the schools again.
thank you.
students wearing hijab in the school has been there for a long time now but one bigot principal wants to change the perspectives just like that and force those who didn't recognize the law when they got admission to accept it.
rubbish hypocrates
Re: Hijab Wearing In Kwara State Christian Schools, What The Church Can Do. by ENGINEERG(m): 9:01am On Mar 07, 2021
Arabia culture uses Hijab, even before Islam, And they are using it to obey modesty from Quran.
Why can't you use Gele, as in your own culture..or is hair a sexual part too...pls practice religion, but don't be in slavery
Amaechi2023:

you think Islam said hijab in the Quran?
like you said, it's a culture and if Muslims are first to put it in a more packaged and attractive manner, does it mean christains too can't copy it ?

after all irrespective of what it's being called our Catholic sister's too do wear it or something similar.
the goal is to cover the hair and that's it..

(1) (Reply)

Disregard Fake News Lekki-ikoyi Link Bridge Is Safe, – Lagos Police Command / Abeg Does Aba Have Any Forest Areas? / EXCLUSIVE: How Bandits Who Met With Sheikh Gumi Killed Soldier, 30 Vigilantes In

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 37
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.