Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,008 members, 7,821,534 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 02:27 PM

Please, How Reliable Is Wakanow.com? - Travel (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Please, How Reliable Is Wakanow.com? (33358 Views)

SCAM ALERT : Is Wakanow.com A Fraud? / My Wahala With WAKANOW.COM And Ethiopian Airwways / Wakanow Nig LTD Shabby Service. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Please, How Reliable Is Wakanow.com? by Nobody: 3:21pm On Jul 24, 2014
I have used them once for my trip to Dallas via emirates and their service was 5k cheaper.
when dealing with them as soon as you get an itinerary that suites your travel plans get to the nearest bank almost immediately call them to confirm if the ticket amount is still valid before proceeding with payment.
after paying they will call you or you can call to get your e-ticket and you can then proceed to the airline's website to verify and choose seats and check in

2 Likes

Re: Please, How Reliable Is Wakanow.com? by diyoly: 2:16pm On Aug 16, 2014
Wakanow customer service is still very poor. It is not 24/7. Just pray not to need their help once it is 8pm. They are very attentive when it comes to booking and payment. But should u need their help in flight date change they suddenly become sluggish. You can only do that by corresponding by mails which they don't respond to on time. I had to call their phone no several times to demand they respond to my mails. At the end of it all they didn't successfully make the date change until it resulted in no show. I have learnt my lesson to deal with the airline directly when I run into such problems.

1 Like

Re: Please, How Reliable Is Wakanow.com? by nevilbot: 6:37pm On Feb 12, 2015
shaddie:
Hi Nairalanders, I intend to travel for vacation in the summer and I have 3 destinations in my mind. In all my previous travels (business or pleasure) I purchase my tickets from the airlines directly and also make direct arrangement with the hotels (I just don't believe in online payment). This time around however, while trying to beat the summer rush and hike in fares associated with the season, I did my window shopping online, booked the airline with the best fares, rushed to bank, withdrew money and quickly dashed to their office to make payment. I was however disappointed when they told me at the counter that the actual fare is far higher than what's on their website. the difference was quite significant that I aborted my plans.

On my way back, as I was thinking, I remembered the several advertisement I had seen in the national dailies about wakanow.com and on getting back to the office, I visited their website and confirmed that their fares are quite cheap including the hotels, airport pick-ups etc. I however don't have any information about them. I'm therefore calling out on Nairalanders who have had any sort of experience with them to help out cause the money involved here is huge and is not something I'll want to gamble with.

Thanks.

They are legit. I booked Turkish airlines flight to Frankfurt dia last Oct wwn d price on Turkish airlines site was higher by 5k and I still travelled. I don't know how dey manage d low price but dey are very legit. I even booked hotel in Frankfurt from dia before I left and I never had any issue watsoeva
Re: Please, How Reliable Is Wakanow.com? by profGinger: 6:50pm On Feb 12, 2015
Wakanow services is rubbish I won't even advice my enemy to use their service.

1 Like

Re: Please, How Reliable Is Wakanow.com? by Vuitton007: 3:44pm On Jun 16, 2015
Wakanow.....
Imagine buying a ticket that allows you a date change(clearly/boldly specified on the eticket) should there be any plan to change your dates at a fee though, which is relatively ok.
Try missing that flight or ask for a date change, and God help you, you are left with Loius (there "supposed" quality ctrl rep who has no close idea on service delivery promptly) to resolve issue..
Wakanow will make u regret pursuing a visa in the first place, i am typing from experience.

2 Likes

Re: Please, How Reliable Is Wakanow.com? by yomextech: 6:38am On Jul 31, 2015
Wakanow.com is a scam...
They took my money and no ticket. They never reply my mails neither return my money![color=#990000][/color]
Re: Please, How Reliable Is Wakanow.com? by nattyspice: 8:45pm On Jul 31, 2015
i paid for a hotel in barcelona 2 years a go in ther transcorp hilton office in Abuja but bought my tickets directly from Iberia < paid in gt bank>. I gave them the naira equivalent for hotel booking
Re: Please, How Reliable Is Wakanow.com? by Nobody: 6:37am On Jul 06, 2016
v
Re: Please, How Reliable Is Wakanow.com? by Superbrain(m): 5:02pm On Aug 02, 2016
The fools are asking me to pay 462,000 for date change when the same ticket is going for 320k if I book afresh.
Re: Please, How Reliable Is Wakanow.com? by Acube2: 9:41am On Jun 23, 2018
Hello House,

Wakanow is presently dealing with me.
They didn't not confirm my bookings, one 585k, one 645k, another 583k , after several emails and calls, until I booked a 700k ticket, that's when they financed it with my outstanding fund(for three days) and no confirmation email. One of their staff even asked for a credit b4 he would treat my request. Which I sent(ibhave the scfeenshot). Then I saw a new ticket of 460k, and I booked it, that's when they said they have already issued a ticket for the 700k(thats when they now sent a confirmation email). I was told by a an insider I have there that there is no big deal in it, that they can cancel that ticket and finance a new one. But they insisted it's too late.
Bottom line: I booked several low fare, they didn't issue a ticket, Infact I was told several times that the person handling my transaction is on leave, so they can't treat until he is back. They are now issuing a ticket for a high fare. So unfair!!!
I am not gonna let this slide. I would deal with them, because of their next victim.
So I am making this go viral on both twitter and facebook. #wakanowisascam. I need ur support.
I am working in conjunction with two SUG presidents, we are getting more than 5m retweets.
I would feed u back as it goes.
Thanks you

1 Like

Re: Please, How Reliable Is Wakanow.com? by 222Martins(m): 10:12pm On Oct 25, 2018
Acube2:
Hello House,

Wakanow is presently dealing with me.
They didn't not confirm my bookings, one 585k, one 645k, another 583k , after several emails and calls, until I booked a 700k ticket, that's when they financed it with my outstanding fund(for three days) and no confirmation email. One of their staff even asked for a credit b4 he would treat my request. Which I sent(ibhave the scfeenshot). Then I saw a new ticket of 460k, and I booked it, that's when they said they have already issued a ticket for the 700k(thats when they now sent a confirmation email). I was told by a an insider I have there that there is no big deal in it, that they can cancel that ticket and finance a new one. But they insisted it's too late.
Bottom line: I booked several low fare, they didn't issue a ticket, Infact I was told several times that the person handling my transaction is on leave, so they can't treat until he is back. They are now issuing a ticket for a high fare. So unfair!!!
I am not gonna let this slide. I would deal with them, because of their next victim.
So I am making this go viral on both twitter and facebook. #wakanowisascam. I need ur support.
I am working in conjunction with two SUG presidents, we are getting more than 5m retweets.
I would feed u back as it goes.
Thanks you
Thanks bro for speaking up, you have just saved me some headache in advance.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Three Die While Returning From RCCG Convention / White Lady Complains About The Difficulty In Getting Nigerian Permit (video) / Accident That Claimed Nine Lives In Benin (Pictures)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 33
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.