Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,700 members, 7,809,655 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 12:33 PM

I Want To Do This - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / I Want To Do This (532 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Want To Do This by Usorohtheman(m): 5:05pm On Mar 07, 2021
Good day everyone.

I teach in a secondary school and I am tired of the status quo of earning #25k monthly.

I want to make a request to the school management if they can recruit me as a part time teacher.

please how do I go about this, and what do you think, is at stake?
Re: I Want To Do This by Jashub: 5:09pm On Mar 07, 2021
The management might not agree with you being a partime teacher. But I will suggest you find out "quietly" if the school will agree. But from my little experience, most private schools do not allow partime: they prefer fulltime staff because they are able to maximise their presence in the school doing other activities other than teaching
Re: I Want To Do This by Usorohtheman(m): 6:04pm On Mar 07, 2021
Qrex5:
Join my team
I have 3 teachers onboard
Come join this project and it will change your life

Message me on WhatsApp

How do I message you bro?
Re: I Want To Do This by Usorohtheman(m): 6:07pm On Mar 07, 2021
Jashub:
The management might not agree with you being a partime teacher. But I will suggest you find out "quietly" if the school will agree. But from my little experience, most private schools do not allow partime: they prefer fulltime staff because they are able to maximise their presence in the school doing other activities other than teaching

I think it is high time, for teachers in private school that are been paid meagre salary, to start agitating for part time work.

Teachers are suppose to be the richest, not the poorest.
Re: I Want To Do This by Jashub: 6:18pm On Mar 07, 2021
Usorohtheman:

I think I is high time, for teachers in private school that are been paid meagre salary, to start agitating for part time work.

Teachers are suppose to be the richest, not the poorest.
Hahaha...that will never happen. Do you know why? I shall tell you : private schools will never allow teachers under their employment form a union.
Re: I Want To Do This by pozehnani(f): 8:53pm On Mar 07, 2021
First off

What subject do you teach?
.well. the school may or may not agree depending on the subject.

If you wanr to go into part-time 'll advise you just resign and go school hunting.
Re: I Want To Do This by shege45: 9:06pm On Mar 07, 2021
Usorohtheman:
Good day everyone.

I teach in a secondary school and I am tired of the status quo of earning #25k monthly.

I want to make a request to the school management if they can recruit me as a part time teacher.

please how do I go about this, and what do you think, is at stake?
depends on the subject you teach
Re: I Want To Do This by Usorohtheman(m): 10:30pm On Mar 07, 2021
shege45:
depends on the subject you teach
I teach mathematics, chemistry, physics, biology and creative arts
Re: I Want To Do This by Usorohtheman(m): 10:31pm On Mar 07, 2021
Jashub:
Hahaha...that will never happen. Do you know why? I shall tell you : private schools will never allow teachers under their employment form a union.

Are they the ones controlling the teachers? Are teachers zombies?
Re: I Want To Do This by Usorohtheman(m): 10:33pm On Mar 07, 2021
[quote author=pozehnani post=99692852]First off

What subject do you teach?
.well. the school may or may not agree depending on the subject.

If you wanr to go into part-time 'll advise you just resign and go school hunting. [/quote

At least it is better I try. But if I try and they say no, will they sack me?
Re: I Want To Do This by pozehnani(f): 11:09pm On Mar 07, 2021
[quote author=Usorohtheman post=99695328][/quote]

Of course they'll sack you because they already know of your plans to go part-time. So in order not to be left hanging, they'll look for a replacement.
Re: I Want To Do This by Usorohtheman(m): 11:34pm On Mar 07, 2021
pozehnani:

Of course they'll sack you because they already know of your plans to go part-time. So in order not to be left hanging, they'll look for a replacement.

I pray they don't sack me.

(1) (Reply)

Delicious Pork Pomo(skin) And Chicken Parts At 1300 And 1k Per Kg. / What's "Error Processing Request" / B

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.