Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,160,223 members, 7,842,585 topics. Date: Tuesday, 28 May 2024 at 10:50 AM

Forgery: Appeal Court Reserves Judgement On Obaseki's Eligibility Suit - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Forgery: Appeal Court Reserves Judgement On Obaseki's Eligibility Suit (15971 Views)

Tribunal Strikes Out APM's Eligibility Suit Against Tinubu/Shettima / Certificate Forgery: Appeal Court Dismisses APC Suit. Obaseki Reacts / Obaseki Forgery: Appeal Court Orders Day-To-Day Hearing Of Suit Against Governor (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Forgery: Appeal Court Reserves Judgement On Obaseki's Eligibility Suit by 4tomandchi: 3:14pm On Mar 08, 2021
angry
Re: Forgery: Appeal Court Reserves Judgement On Obaseki's Eligibility Suit by garfield1: 3:15pm On Mar 08, 2021
Obaseki lawyer is very foolish.what a watery defence bereft of sense.who told him that what was not concluded ot addressed by the judge at the trial court cannot be raised at the appeal stage? May this be his undoing

1 Like

Re: Forgery: Appeal Court Reserves Judgement On Obaseki's Eligibility Suit by Yankee101: 3:16pm On Mar 08, 2021
Oga come and bribe, if not. .......Is that the meaning of reserved judgement?
Re: Forgery: Appeal Court Reserves Judgement On Obaseki's Eligibility Suit by onuman: 3:18pm On Mar 08, 2021
University of Ibadan has testified that Obaseki’s certificate is genuine, not forged.

Arewa must stop imposing puppets as governors and legislators on the southern regions.
Re: Forgery: Appeal Court Reserves Judgement On Obaseki's Eligibility Suit by onuman: 3:21pm On Mar 08, 2021
jakD:

I thought University of Ibadan affirmed that he was a student there? APC has got too much

Yes. UI affirmed that due to photocopying machine issue, it looked like there was some omission in the certificate. But the certificate itself is genuine.

1 Like

Re: Forgery: Appeal Court Reserves Judgement On Obaseki's Eligibility Suit by fergie001: 3:21pm On Mar 08, 2021
garfield1:

So judgment is today or latest tomorrow. who are the three judges...meanwhile,olujimi sounds confident
Yes, @ the bolded.
He knows it is a lost cause.
He has to work for his employers nah....... Olanipekun is no idiot.

.....Yahaya, Adumein, Onyemenam, Adah, Ige, Williams-Dawudu, Mustapha..(I believe any 3 from here).
Re: Forgery: Appeal Court Reserves Judgement On Obaseki's Eligibility Suit by fergie001: 3:22pm On Mar 08, 2021
garfield1:
Obaseki lawyer is very foolish.what a watery defence bereft of sense.who told him that what was not concluded ot addressed by the judge at the trial court cannot be raised at the appeal stage? May this be his undoing
Stop twisting it.....

He stressed that what was not contended at the trial court can not be raised at the Appellate Court.

any case not canvassed by the plaintiff at the lower Court cannot be brought up at the higher Courts. You know that.

It is a FACT.
Re: Forgery: Appeal Court Reserves Judgement On Obaseki's Eligibility Suit by Emerie22(m): 3:24pm On Mar 08, 2021
Brexxit:
Ize iyamu is coming.

Coming to your village to govern them

2 Likes

Re: Forgery: Appeal Court Reserves Judgement On Obaseki's Eligibility Suit by ThatFairGuy: 3:25pm On Mar 08, 2021
Vickym1:
Apc should goan sit down
They'll sit after the scenario that played out in Bayelsa repeat itself in Edo

1 Like

Re: Forgery: Appeal Court Reserves Judgement On Obaseki's Eligibility Suit by seunayantokun(m): 3:25pm On Mar 08, 2021
Falsification because the photocopies he submitted had some information cut off. UI said it was true but the original was complete and duely issued to Obaseki after he graduated from the university.

So, do they want justice to be turned upside-down because of photocopies? Hmmm. . .I dey watch o but some Nigerians are strange human beings.
Re: Forgery: Appeal Court Reserves Judgement On Obaseki's Eligibility Suit by ThatFairGuy: 3:27pm On Mar 08, 2021
onuman:
University of Ibadan has testified that Obaseki’s certificate is genuine, not forged.

Arewa must stop imposing puppets as governors and legislators on the southern regions.
Arewa? This is an utmost insult to the South, what sort of statement is this

1 Like

Re: Forgery: Appeal Court Reserves Judgement On Obaseki's Eligibility Suit by Vickym1(f): 3:28pm On Mar 08, 2021
ThatFairGuy:

They'll sit after the scenario that played out in Bayelsa repeated itself in Edo
I guess such scenario is not possible in edo
Re: Forgery: Appeal Court Reserves Judgement On Obaseki's Eligibility Suit by ThatFairGuy: 3:30pm On Mar 08, 2021
Vickym1:
I guess such scenario is not possible in edo
Funny enough, nothing is impossible

2 Likes

Re: Forgery: Appeal Court Reserves Judgement On Obaseki's Eligibility Suit by Dtruthspeaker: 3:31pm On Mar 08, 2021
Yankee101:
Oga come and bribe, if not. .......Is that the meaning of reserved judgement?

grin it means the Judgment is not yet ready, so ... Unfortunately theives can use it, fill in the blanks!

I wish every Judge who wilfully perverts "Just Is", is Struck Dead Immediately, he sets his Perversion to words before the day set down for judgement!
Re: Forgery: Appeal Court Reserves Judgement On Obaseki's Eligibility Suit by Dtruthspeaker: 3:34pm On Mar 08, 2021
fergie001:

Stop twisting it.....

He stressed that what was not contended at the trial court can not be raised at the Appellate Court.

any case not canvassed by the plaintiff at the lower Court cannot be brought up at the higher Courts. You know that.

It is a FACT.

Sweet! The Solid Bar of Pleadings!
Re: Forgery: Appeal Court Reserves Judgement On Obaseki's Eligibility Suit by garfield1: 3:39pm On Mar 08, 2021
fergie001:

Stop twisting it.....

It is a FACT.

The apc themselves and from what we witnessed during the proceedings raises the issue of forgery and falsification.the judge did not properly address all the issues so the pdp lawyer is at fault

1 Like

Re: Forgery: Appeal Court Reserves Judgement On Obaseki's Eligibility Suit by fergie001: 3:41pm On Mar 08, 2021
garfield1:

The apc themselves and from what we witnessed during the proceedings raises the issue of forgery and falsification.the judge did not properly address all the issues so the pdp lawyer is at fault
Nothing different.......
We have seen this type.of cases plenty of the time.

It will not go any differently.

To refresh your memory...PW 1-6, all agreed with DW2 that:

They hadn't seen the originals

That they don't work in the admission office of any Institution so don't know the criteria for admissions.

That the originals when photocopied will.not size the paper.
Re: Forgery: Appeal Court Reserves Judgement On Obaseki's Eligibility Suit by garfield1: 3:41pm On Mar 08, 2021
fergie001:

Yes, @ the bolded.

.....Yahaya, Adumein, Onyemenam, Adah, Ige, Williams-Dawudu, Mustapha..(I believe any 3 from here).

I have not seen where judgment is given a day after the judgment was reserved so I guess it elapses between Thursday and next week.
Re: Forgery: Appeal Court Reserves Judgement On Obaseki's Eligibility Suit by fergie001: 3:43pm On Mar 08, 2021
garfield1:

I have not seen where judgment is given a day after the judgment was reserved so I guess it elapses between Thursday and next week.
The High Court judgement was delivered January 9th...today is 8th.

It is most likely today or tomorrow.
Re: Forgery: Appeal Court Reserves Judgement On Obaseki's Eligibility Suit by cpu2006(m): 3:43pm On Mar 08, 2021
if you look at APC game plan, you will understand Obaseki will lose at the end.
Nigeria......my country

1 Like

Re: Forgery: Appeal Court Reserves Judgement On Obaseki's Eligibility Suit by garfield1: 3:46pm On Mar 08, 2021
fergie001:

Nothing different.......
We have seen this type.of cases plenty of the time.

It will not go any differently.

To refresh your memory...PW 1-6, all agreed with DW2 that:

They hadn't seen the originals

That they don't work in the admission office of any Institution so don't know the criteria for admissions.

That the originals when photocopied will.not size the paper.

The issue of forgery surrounding his degree was taken care of but the issue of false affidavit and lying about his working at afriinvest was not addressed albeit properly.is it of a fundamental nature? Now that tanko is not around and odey vs jarigbe happened,dont be too sure
Re: Forgery: Appeal Court Reserves Judgement On Obaseki's Eligibility Suit by fergie001: 3:48pm On Mar 08, 2021
garfield1:

The issue of forgery surrounding his degree was taken care of but the issue of false affidavit and lying about his working at afriinvest was not addressed albeit properly.is it of a fundamental nature? Now that tanko is not around and odey vs jarigbe happened,dont be too sure
What happened with Odey and Jarigbe?....and Jarigbe hasn't been sworn in?...

See.....we have spoken a lot about this....it is like reciting a poem plenty times.
Re: Forgery: Appeal Court Reserves Judgement On Obaseki's Eligibility Suit by garfield1: 3:48pm On Mar 08, 2021
fergie001:

The High Court judgement was delivered January 9th...today is 8th.

It is most likely today or tomorrow.

Noo,dont be in a haste.the apc did not appeal on that 9th na.they had until 16th to do so
Re: Forgery: Appeal Court Reserves Judgement On Obaseki's Eligibility Suit by garfield1: 3:53pm On Mar 08, 2021
fergie001:

See.....we have spoken a lot about this....it is like reciting a poem plenty times.

It is a given that obaseki lied about afriinvest and the affidavit and decide to depart from protecting governors just like it did bayelsa and imo

1 Like

Re: Forgery: Appeal Court Reserves Judgement On Obaseki's Eligibility Suit by garfield1: 3:53pm On Mar 08, 2021
fergie001:

It is a given that obaseki lied about afriinvest and the affidavit and decide to depart from protecting governors just like it did bayelsa and imo...
Re: Forgery: Appeal Court Reserves Judgement On Obaseki's Eligibility Suit by fergie001: 3:56pm On Mar 08, 2021
garfield1:

Noo,dont be in a haste.the apc did not appeal on that 9th na.they had until 16th to do so
That's correct.....
Re: Forgery: Appeal Court Reserves Judgement On Obaseki's Eligibility Suit by fergie001: 3:58pm On Mar 08, 2021
garfield1:
It is a given that obaseki lied about afriinvest and the affidavit and decide to depart from protecting governors just like it did bayelsa and imo...
Was the Afrinvest case brought up at the lower Court? NO.

You even forget what you said then....as you kept on arguing then that the Afrinvest case should be brought up....yet it wasn't.

I remember you cited this in the Ihedioha case when they were defending the allotted votes to Uzodinma...you stated it clearly that Ihedioha didn't argue that case at the Appeal Court vigorously, hence cannot come to the Supreme Court to argue same.

So relate your earlier statements with this one.
Re: Forgery: Appeal Court Reserves Judgement On Obaseki's Eligibility Suit by Emekaonline: 4:01pm On Mar 08, 2021
Dtruthspeaker:

grin it means the Judgment is not yet ready, so ... Unfortunately theives can use it, fill in the blanks!

I wish every Judge who wilfully perverts "Just Is", is Struck Dead Immediately, he sets his Perversion to words before the day set down for judgement!

If wishes are horses, surely the beggars will ride. Many injustices have been perpetrated in the past and nothing happened. If not the like of Mary Odili would have been struck dead by now or who determines when a justice is perversed?

1 Like

Re: Forgery: Appeal Court Reserves Judgement On Obaseki's Eligibility Suit by Dtruthspeaker: 4:10pm On Mar 08, 2021
Emekaonline:

If wishes are horses, surely the beggars will ride. Many injustices have been perpetrated in the past and nothing happened. If not the like of Mary Odili would have been struck dead by now or who determines when a justice is perversed?

As you said "if wishes..."!
Re: Forgery: Appeal Court Reserves Judgement On Obaseki's Eligibility Suit by Indispensable85(m): 4:26pm On Mar 08, 2021
fergie001:

Yes, @ the bolded.

Oga fergie what do you mean? Hahaha. .....
Re: Forgery: Appeal Court Reserves Judgement On Obaseki's Eligibility Suit by fergie001: 4:30pm On Mar 08, 2021
Indispensable85:

Oga fergie what do you mean? Hahaha. .....
My brother.... Olanipekun was handling the case, then withdrew.
Ogunwumiju was on this case, then withdrew.

Olujimi had been Oshio's lawyer from even before he became Gov, yet people say why should Obaseki always call Adam when everyone knows he is in on the case.

Na true nah...no disrespect to Chief Akin...he is a good man grin
Re: Forgery: Appeal Court Reserves Judgement On Obaseki's Eligibility Suit by Indispensable85(m): 5:14pm On Mar 08, 2021
fergie001:

My brother.... Olanipekun was handling the case, then withdrew.
Ogunwumiju was on this case, then withdrew.

Olujimi had been Oshio's lawyer from even before he became Gov, yet people say why should Obaseki always call Adam when everyone knows he is in on the case.

Na true nah...no disrespect to Chief Akin...he is a good man grin

You're right bro. I personally think nothing will happen to Obaseki. He's been more Apc than any Apc governor recently. His utterances, policies and association have been pro presidency/Apc. I was surprised to see him at Akeredolu's inauguration. He was the only pdp governor there.He even recently promised land and funds to buy grasses for fulani herdsmen in Edo. His ssg had to write a counter statement to douse the tension and anger in the state arising from that his promise. You'll never hear him criticise buhari or Apc for any reason no matter how bad it is.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Nigerians Spend Over Half Of Their Earnings On Food, Worst Globally – Picodi / Man Killed By Boko Haram In Maiduguri (Photos) / Community Youths Dismantle Road Barrier In Enugu (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.