Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,162,159 members, 7,849,590 topics. Date: Tuesday, 04 June 2024 at 04:35 AM

Enugu Commences First Flyover Bridge Project Located At Nike Lake - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Enugu Commences First Flyover Bridge Project Located At Nike Lake (20147 Views)

Protest Rocks Katsina As Buhari Commissions Overhead Bridge Project / Update On Nike Lake Road T-junction Flyover Bridge In Enugu / Fashola Inspects 2nd Niger Bridge Project (Pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Enugu Commences First Flyover Bridge Project Located At Nike Lake by WinForever(m): 8:45am On Mar 09, 2021
There are other fly-over bridges in Enugu.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu Commences First Flyover Bridge Project Located At Nike Lake by Ugwuoke347(m): 8:54am On Mar 09, 2021
okeyglm:
I can swear, gburugburu can't complete that fly over in 2yrs. Another osisoma fly over is about to happen in Enugu. ugwuanyi and ikpeazu are like sesame twins. incompetence.

Shut up there.
Don't ever compare Gburugburu with your Okezie Ikpeazu, or Enugu and Abia
Re: Enugu Commences First Flyover Bridge Project Located At Nike Lake by okeyglm: 8:59am On Mar 09, 2021
booscy:

The multiple storey buildings at Onitsha and the high rise Office complexes at marina Lagos aren't they same multi level buildings?
they are not same . high rise building starts from 7 or 8 storeys. so Onitsha doesn't have high rise building. what you see is low to mid rise. from 1 to 5 storeys. the only high rise building in anambra is Dr maduka's 17 storeys building.

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Commences First Flyover Bridge Project Located At Nike Lake by okeyglm: 9:01am On Mar 09, 2021
Ugwuoke347:

Shut up there.
Don't ever compare Gburugburu with your Okezie Ikpeazu, or Enugu and Abia
iti I am from Enugu. now run away.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Commences First Flyover Bridge Project Located At Nike Lake by porthouse7(f): 9:12am On Mar 09, 2021
Redcrafton:

We have always advised that you travel out of you hol* in Oshogbo...

Be man enough to go beyond Sagamu and you will see wonders...

For benefit of those who might be as gullible, less informed and utterly ignorant like you...that axis is the worse in traffic in the city.

Vehicular movement form the north, through Benue to the SS of Port harcourt come through Enugu using that road.

So, Johnmartus many vehicle pass that road...lol.
Abeokuta alone 6 flyovers, Ogun state got more fly over than all eastern states dis is for record purpose
Re: Enugu Commences First Flyover Bridge Project Located At Nike Lake by tranxo(m): 9:13am On Mar 09, 2021
okeyglm:

what you see in enygu is not a flyover but overpass bridge. are you more educated than commissioner of works or governor.
I don't blame you. Just because you saw a title/post (COMMISSIONER/GOVERNOR), you refused to use your brain.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Commences First Flyover Bridge Project Located At Nike Lake by ekenetheorg(m): 9:30am On Mar 09, 2021
Winterfell2:
After they'll compare Enugu to Port Harcourt. Not saying flyover is a yardstick but they should know their level. Having a first flyover when small cities like Uyo and Abakiliki are numbering 4 is shameful.

Enugu has several fly overs. I believe this is just the first being undertaken by a state government.

There are fly overs at 9th mile, Trans Ekulu, Gariki, Ugwuaji, Amechi, Abakpa by Thinkers Corner underpass, New market etc. I have mentioned more than 5.

Read the post again. Although as someone who knows Enugu well, and living in Lagos, I don't think the location of this current flyover is where it is needed.

We don't take on white elephant project just for the sake of it. A flyover is well needed at Abakpa Texaco or Liberty junction, Mayor Agbani Road, Holy Ghost Ogbete. A flyover is not needed at this Nike Lake

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Commences First Flyover Bridge Project Located At Nike Lake by APOSTLECHUMA: 9:33am On Mar 09, 2021
That will be the greatest achievement of his administration if he completes it before the end of his second tenure.
Re: Enugu Commences First Flyover Bridge Project Located At Nike Lake by APOSTLECHUMA: 9:40am On Mar 09, 2021
Originalsly:
So flyover is now a major achievement and something for residents to brag about. Is this flyover necessary?... can someone post a photo let us see the gridlock in the area?.... how much these projects cost they never say... and residents never want to know.... this speaks a whole lot about the locals.
. My brother the gridlock around T-junctn is second to none in Enugu. I live in Trans-Ekulu and drive through there when going to minister in my cousin's church near Nike-lake resort.
Re: Enugu Commences First Flyover Bridge Project Located At Nike Lake by Nobody: 9:44am On Mar 09, 2021
HacheNoire:
First fly over bridge grin grin grin

And they worship God more than the devil in Enugu state, and still backward

First fly-over in 2021 shocked shocked shocked

Is this suppose to be joke, or its true.

Enugu has flyovers ( like anamco flyover) and interchanges, this is just the first being built by a state government since this 3rd republic

1 Like

Re: Enugu Commences First Flyover Bridge Project Located At Nike Lake by tranxo(m): 9:45am On Mar 09, 2021
ekenetheorg:

Enugu has several fly overs. I believe this is just the first being undertaken by a state government.

There are fly overs at 9th mile, Trans Ekulu, Gariki, Ugwuaji, Amechi, Abakpa by Thinkers Corner underpass, New market etc. I have mentioned more than 5.

Read the post again. Although as someone who knows Enugu well, and living in Lagos, I don't think the location of this current flyover is where it is needed.

We don't take on white elephant project just for the sake of it. A flyover is well needed at Abakpa Texaco or Liberty junction, Mayor Agbani Road, Holy Ghost Ogbete. A flyover is not needed at this Nike Lake
Bro, don't just read the headline, also read the full story. The proposed flyover isn't at Nike Lake, it is at T-Junction Abakpa. Nike Lake is just the nearest landmark to the site.
Re: Enugu Commences First Flyover Bridge Project Located At Nike Lake by Obdk: 9:47am On Mar 09, 2021
Ikeast:
That's commendable.. Atleast Enugu state has join the league of Flyover....

This is not the first Flyover in enugu. People should stop embarrassing themselves
Re: Enugu Commences First Flyover Bridge Project Located At Nike Lake by Originalsly: 9:49am On Mar 09, 2021
APOSTLECHUMA:

My brother the gridlock around T-junctn is second to none in Enugu. I live in Trans-Ekulu and drive through there when going to minister in my cousin's church near Nike-lake resort.

Can you post us photos of the gridlock area?
Re: Enugu Commences First Flyover Bridge Project Located At Nike Lake by Originalsly: 9:51am On Mar 09, 2021
Foolishbuhari:

Do you know the cost at which Sanwo concluded the bridge he commissioned? You can pass on your point without self indictment!

No.... I don't know.....can you tell us how much?
Re: Enugu Commences First Flyover Bridge Project Located At Nike Lake by ekenetheorg(m): 9:51am On Mar 09, 2021
tranxo:

Bro, don't just read the headline, also read the full story. The proposed flyover isn't at Nike Lake, it is at T-Junction Abakpa. Nike Lake is just the nearest landmark to the site.

I didn't mean exactly Nike Lake. I am also using it as a landmark. I know the exact point after a certain Caesers Palace hotel.

I also know that there are still more flyovers like the one at Anamco Emene, the one at New Heaven junction.

And some corrections, this may be the first by this administration. I learnt Sullivan built the one at New heaven junction.

If for anything, this post has exposed the fact that some states only have 4 flyovers and they are comparing it to a well planned city like Enugu.

Flyover is not also a yardstick for development. I just believe there are points where flyovers are more needed

1 Like

Re: Enugu Commences First Flyover Bridge Project Located At Nike Lake by Emerie22(m): 9:55am On Mar 09, 2021
okeyglm:
taa mgba fo there. ikpeazu has far worked than him

Ikpeazu that can't pay monthly salaries and pensions regularly

Ikpeazu that will construct a road today and rain will wash it away tommorow

Ugwuanyi isn't working but Ikpeazu is dead
Re: Enugu Commences First Flyover Bridge Project Located At Nike Lake by Redcrafton: 9:55am On Mar 09, 2021
porthouse7:
Abeokuta alone 6 flyovers, Ogun state got more fly over than all eastern states dis is for record purpose

Nobody is counting number of flyovers, ogbe-ni.

What is contested is that he claimed that few vehicles used the road and so no need for the project.

How you weren't able to comprehend the article is a surprise.

I will suggest you do more on your education. lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Enugu Commences First Flyover Bridge Project Located At Nike Lake by eaglechild: 9:55am On Mar 09, 2021
okeyglm:
this is public forum . it is actually ist fly over. what you normally see in Enugu is overpass bridge. have you been to abakiliki or awka or Onitsha that's where they have numerous flyovers. Enugu has no flyover.
Overpass is American, flyover is British English.
They are one and same
Re: Enugu Commences First Flyover Bridge Project Located At Nike Lake by Originalsly: 9:56am On Mar 09, 2021
mabea:

Photos to prove what exactly?

To show the gridlock. No photo... is there something we shouldn't see?
Re: Enugu Commences First Flyover Bridge Project Located At Nike Lake by mabea: 9:59am On Mar 09, 2021
Originalsly:

To show the gridlock. No photo... is there something we shouldn't see?
Nobody needs to prove anything to you, besides you don't wait for a gridlock to happen before you prepare for it.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Commences First Flyover Bridge Project Located At Nike Lake by Len234: 10:00am On Mar 09, 2021
All these people screaming flyover here, flyober there. Well planned cities do not need any flyover. Except the ones over sea or connecting two points. How many flyover does New York have. Almost all their bridges are over sea or connecting two un-connected points.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Commences First Flyover Bridge Project Located At Nike Lake by tranxo(m): 10:09am On Mar 09, 2021
ekenetheorg:

I didn't mean exactly Nike Lake. I am also using it as a landmark. I know the exact point after a certain Caesers Palace hotel.

I also know that there are still more flyovers like the one at Anamco Emene, the one at New Heaven junction.

And some corrections, this may be the first by this administration. I learnt Sullivan built the one at New heaven junction.

If for anything, this post has exposed the fact that some states only have 4 flyovers and they are comparing it to a well planned city like Enugu.

Flyover is not also a yardstick for development. I just believe there are points where flyovers are more needed
In as much as there are other parts of the city that have traffic gridlocks, you cannot compare them to T-Junction, considering the it's role as a gateway/corridor.
Re: Enugu Commences First Flyover Bridge Project Located At Nike Lake by okunwaye(m): 10:14am On Mar 09, 2021
I just don't know what to say
So flyover is a yardstick for measuring development in Nigeria.
What happened to trams,subway stations, etc you find in cities around the world even in Africa.
Re: Enugu Commences First Flyover Bridge Project Located At Nike Lake by okeyglm: 10:19am On Mar 09, 2021
Emerie22:

Ikpeazu that can't pay monthly salaries and pensions regularly

Ikpeazu that will construct a road today and rain will wash it away tommorow

Ugwuanyi isn't working but Ikpeazu is dead
gburugburu also hasn't paid pensioners too. Enugu soil texture and Abia aren't the same. the quality of work done in faulks road you can never see that in Enugu. we can agree that both governor aren't the best in South east. Enugu should be thanking sulivan for the facelift he did in Enugu. if dundee like you elect another Ugwuanyi in the next dispensation . benue will be child's play.
Re: Enugu Commences First Flyover Bridge Project Located At Nike Lake by okeyglm: 10:28am On Mar 09, 2021
eaglechild:

Overpass is American, flyover is British English.
They are one and same
take excursion to awka. it won't cost you 600. is there any cross road. didn't the flyover start from a to b. even Abia has overpass bridge long ago. but ist Abia state flyover is at osisomo.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Commences First Flyover Bridge Project Located At Nike Lake by Foolishbuhari: 10:36am On Mar 09, 2021
Originalsly:

No.... I don't know.....can you tell us how much?

Then on what grounds can you ask same for citizens of another region?
Re: Enugu Commences First Flyover Bridge Project Located At Nike Lake by obyrich(m): 10:47am On Mar 09, 2021
Originalsly:

That's what we're told.... can we get photos?
You asked too late. The road has been blocked. I have personally spent hours on this road due to gridlock at the T-junction.
Re: Enugu Commences First Flyover Bridge Project Located At Nike Lake by Originalsly: 10:48am On Mar 09, 2021
Foolishbuhari:

Then on what grounds can you ask same for citizens of another region?

Hmmm.... citizens of another region.... I see where you're coming from. Same grounds.... same question regardless of location.
Re: Enugu Commences First Flyover Bridge Project Located At Nike Lake by obyrich(m): 10:53am On Mar 09, 2021
porthouse7:
This is not the first flyover bridge in Enugu. Enugu Airport flyover, New Market flyover, Trans-Ekulu flyover, Ugwuaji Flover and New artisan Flyover are all in Enugu town.

This Is a very poor reportage.
Re: Enugu Commences First Flyover Bridge Project Located At Nike Lake by Originalsly: 11:06am On Mar 09, 2021
obyrich:

You asked too late. The road has been blocked. I have personally spent hours on this road due to gridlock at the T-junction.

Thank you! In some places... flyovers are really needed. In others... it's about road planning.... especially when there is space to build new roadways for traffic to avoid gridlock areas. Someone recently posted a video of a new flyover... it was hardly used... but on the local roads below there was still gridlock.
As a motorist there.... do you think this flyover will ease the gridlock a lot?... and is it worth it?
Re: Enugu Commences First Flyover Bridge Project Located At Nike Lake by oyatz(m): 11:13am On Mar 09, 2021
Winterfell2:
After they'll compare Enugu to Port Harcourt. Not saying flyover is a yardstick but they should know their level. Having a first flyover when small cities like Uyo and Abakiliki are numbering 4 is shameful.

Better late than never.

Let's appreciate Eze Gburugburu

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ebonyi Rejects FG's Proposed Cattle Ranching / Oluremi Omowaiye Birthday: Well-wishers Defy Rain, Celebrate Osun Commissioner / FG Mulls Taking Rivers, Lagos To Supreme Court Over VAT Collection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 45
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.