Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,929 members, 7,828,235 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 07:04 AM

Kwara Hijab Controversy: Government Deploys Security To Schools In Ilorin - Education (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Kwara Hijab Controversy: Government Deploys Security To Schools In Ilorin (20500 Views)

Hijab Controversy: Kwara Government Orders Immediate Reopening Of 10 Schools / Kwara’s Hijab Controversy Continues Despite Govt’s Directive / Hijab Controversy: UI School Board Retains Dress Code (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Government Deploys Security To Schools In Ilorin by obinnawhyte(m): 8:16am On Mar 09, 2021
Ayilara1:
1. Tolerance is all about understanding each others religion injunction and been pleased with it in as much as it harm you not. Please, how does this hijab affect Christianity?

2. The school is not a Christian school but a government school, rules are shared. A Muslim public school cannot force non-muslims going to it to don hijab. This is because it is not wholly there school. Have you seen a Muslim school forcing such?

3. The court has ruled again in favour of the Muslim students to wear there hijab. why are the school authorities still opposing that, are they above the law?

4. Hijab isn't like any other wear, Muslim ladies wear it to everywhere. Please, stop comparing it to church wear or traditional wear. You don't wear it everywhere.

Most of you here are just doing what the media used to do - twisting. Why do we see the truth and wants to cloud it up?

Fool's talk. Spilling bullshit confidently emotional than being rational

3 Likes

Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Government Deploys Security To Schools In Ilorin by Ibrahim94(m): 8:16am On Mar 09, 2021
Danzakidakura:
can Islamic schools admit a Christian student in their school, not to talk of allowing her put on her religions clothes. Don't be bias. Why can't the Muslims withdraw their children from the said Christians school and take the to were hijab is accepted.

There should be religious tolerance in any government or private schools.

I'm a Muslim and schooled in a secondary school owned by a Christian. Muslims were allowed to used Hijab if you wished, and atimes we did prayers together. Peaceful co-existence is very Paramount for a country like Nigeria.

Denied Muslims not to enter the classrooms with their hijab will only results to a big problems among ourselves.

Practice your religion and I practice my religion shouldn't cause havoc. Besides, this is a state were majority are Muslims.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Government Deploys Security To Schools In Ilorin by Ayilara1(m): 8:17am On Mar 09, 2021
YoungBlackRico:
Lol, who's talking about the moment. grin

Ultimately, you'll still lose if it still remain a government school.

Your only victory is having your schools back which I have no issue with.
Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Government Deploys Security To Schools In Ilorin by oloshun(m): 8:17am On Mar 09, 2021
Is the commissioner for education still alive? Why hasn't he said anything? Or he doesn't know this is main job? Make I no go too far, maybe he is silenced as the governor is both governor and commissioner.

1 Like

Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Government Deploys Security To Schools In Ilorin by Ayilara1(m): 8:20am On Mar 09, 2021
obinnawhyte:

Fool's talk. Spilling bullshit confidently emotional than being rational

You're the one that's emotional because you present no rational thought up in your comment. Probably you need to check up the meaning of the English you used in that reply.
Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Government Deploys Security To Schools In Ilorin by Lekison(m): 8:20am On Mar 09, 2021
Bukasint:
I have few questions to ask and comments to pass as well. Pls if you have authentic answers to the questions above pls kindly Answer me.

1. Is the state government funding the school if yes why are the Christian body fighting over what they should have done and fund the school from day 1.

2. Was any agreement reached between the government and the Christian body of the school before their partnership on no account will they allow Hijab / Muslim activities on the school and if yes then why is the government looking for trouble.

This is what happens when you want to eat your cake and have it,if the Christian body centered on funding the school rather they were busy building more churches without knowing the implication of entering partnership with the government that could lead to breach of trust. It's so sad we are in this mess and students are losing big time on this that won't benefit both parties.
your write up already show you are bias.

3 Likes

Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Government Deploys Security To Schools In Ilorin by Nauttyprof(m): 8:21am On Mar 09, 2021
Jerryherd:

It's in court then why can't both parties wait and maintain status quo

Is hijab so painful to the eyes of this Hypocrites

Why have you failed to ask if hijab is the headache of the Governor now especially in this time?

1 Like

Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Government Deploys Security To Schools In Ilorin by shadeyinka(m): 8:22am On Mar 09, 2021

1 Like

Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Government Deploys Security To Schools In Ilorin by osteenbush(m): 8:23am On Mar 09, 2021
So soldiers can be quickly deployed to schools because of hijab but cannot be quickly deployed because of threat to life from boko haram, bandits etc?

Those schools are Christian school and they have laid down rules and regulations, it is only wise that parents and guardians sending their children and wards to such schools must be willing to abide by such rules.

Let those children be enrolled in secular schools that are scattered all over the state and country. Why must it be Christian schools if not that they're trying foment trouble as usual?

I know that if it were to be Moslem schools we won't see all these happening because government always favour them.

1 Like

Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Government Deploys Security To Schools In Ilorin by Lekison(m): 8:29am On Mar 09, 2021
Ibrahim94:

I'm a Muslim and schooled in a secondary school owned by a Christian. Muslims were allowed to used Hijab if you wished, and atimes we did prayers together. Peaceful co-existence is very Paramount for a country like Nigeria.

Denied Muslims not to enter the classrooms with their hijab will only results to a big problems among ourselves.

Practice your religion and I practice my religion shouldn't cause havoc. Besides, this is a state were majority are Muslims.

just look at how you contradict yourself with the last sentence. You are preaching tolerance and at the same time preaching dominance due to majority grin

2 Likes

Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Government Deploys Security To Schools In Ilorin by Banter1(m): 8:31am On Mar 09, 2021
We are heading there gradually. Yeah! if you know what I mean. disintegration

But why is this an issue for Christ sake?

Can an established Muslim school ever admit Christian student? or allow a Christian student to wear their Christian attire and Cross to there schools?

POLITICIANS ARE REALLY TRYING TO KEEP US APART SO THEY CAN CONTINUE THEIR EVIL AGENDA.

1 Like

Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Government Deploys Security To Schools In Ilorin by bigfish3k: 8:33am On Mar 09, 2021
Jerryherd:
cool

What is wrong with some Christian hypocrites sef?!

Is it your head the students want to wear hijab on?!

Will the hijab in anyway affect you or your fellow Christians?!

Did anyone force hijab on any Christian?!

Why are you differentiating students via religion in a school setting
Is it for you to know those to kidnap?
We are talking about the harm your religion is bringing to humanity worldwide instead of you to be remorseful you are still proud of your bandits.

That was how Zamfara started with sharia and they were warned but people like you supported them. See the sorry state that place and most north is now just because of your religion.

Hope you wouldn't complain if we start wearing big cross to your Islamic schools

You have your own schools but you prefer the christian schools just to go and cause trouble.

You people are just Attachee by force to the christians. I don't know why.

4 Likes

Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Government Deploys Security To Schools In Ilorin by Banter1(m): 8:34am On Mar 09, 2021
Lekison:
just look at how you contradict yourself with the last sentence. You are preaching tolerance and at the same time preaching dominance due to majority grin
You spotted his hypocrisy LMAO

1 Like

Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Government Deploys Security To Schools In Ilorin by Drsmartphilips: 8:35am On Mar 09, 2021
MCGC Ilesa is an Islamic school but the christian students even do CRS confirm from there if i am lying. The christians of Nigerians are hypocrites, why should it be a crime to cover the female body, Nuns cover up too.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Government Deploys Security To Schools In Ilorin by membranus: 8:40am On Mar 09, 2021
Jerryherd:
cool

What is wrong with some Christian hypocrites sef?!

Is it your head the students want to wear hijab on?!

Will the hijab in anyway affect you or your fellow Christians?!

Did anyone force hijab on any Christian?!

Probably because your people are in the habit of hiding home made bombs under their hijabs to kill, to maim and to destroy the innocents in the name of religion.

1 Like

Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Government Deploys Security To Schools In Ilorin by bigfish3k: 8:42am On Mar 09, 2021
Ibrahim94:

With the big size of the hijab how will you detect a bomb carrying hijab student

1 Like

Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Government Deploys Security To Schools In Ilorin by sulaak(m): 8:42am On Mar 09, 2021
LilyColin:
I can see Nigeria going the way of Syria

This I have seen

More like Somalia

1 Like

Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Government Deploys Security To Schools In Ilorin by StreetFight: 8:42am On Mar 09, 2021
kingk:
Pls nobody should separate the Yoruba and Fulanis in this fight ooo because we the biafrans have chosen to be their referee.

Shebi the Yoruba journalist follow call us IPOB terrorist, now same ipob has given birth to grandchild #ESN, the terror to every Fulani.

Referee, please just stay back and watch. We the Yorubas will.finish this fight with the Fulanis. It seems Uthman Dan Fodio wants to be unfortunate again in hell.

I am a Yoruba man. I am a Muslim. I am half Ilorin, half Abeokuta. Despite the fact that Abeokuta is near Lagos where I currently live, in the last 10 years, I have spent a total of about 700 days in Ilorin and just 2 days in Abeokuta.

This current governor is MAD, very soon, he will be nakked at Oja Gbooro in Ilorin. Very soon, some of us will move government to ban Religion totally in Nigeria since religious idiots are constituting nuisance.

2 Likes

Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Government Deploys Security To Schools In Ilorin by atonement12: 8:44am On Mar 09, 2021
kingk:
Pls nobody should separate the Yoruba and Fulanis in this fight ooo because we the biafrans have chosen to be their referee.

Shebi the Yoruba journalist follow call us IPOB terrorist, now same ipob has given birth to grandchild #ESN, the terror to every Fulani.

These nuisances always embarrassing Igbos on social media. Is the issue here tribal or religious?

2 Likes

Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Government Deploys Security To Schools In Ilorin by membranus: 8:44am On Mar 09, 2021
Drsmartphilips:
MCGC Ilesa is an Islamic school but the christian students even do CRS confirm from there if i am lying. The christians of Nigerians are hypocrites, why should it be a crime to cover the female body, Nuns cover up too.

Nuns are not known for self immolation and destructive tendency through suicide bombing.

2 Likes

Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Government Deploys Security To Schools In Ilorin by atonement12: 8:44am On Mar 09, 2021
SlayerSupreme:
They are guarding the Christian students from Yoruba Bandits.
Another silly Ipobian!

1 Like

Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Government Deploys Security To Schools In Ilorin by bigfish3k: 8:45am On Mar 09, 2021
vendredi77:
the security is needed in zanfara, Niger, Maiduguri etc not in that school that's a mission school is not the governors father own, allow them to keep on their law n if anyone is not comfortable, u are free to remove ur child to other school,
even before the governor was born those school exist and own by missionaries...
they started their school with pure heart but u came with religion sentiment to show case ur religion fanatica black heart to promote and fals ur religion into innocent children, creating division true use of hijab.
The Muslims will never agree to stay on their own.
Christians prefer staying without them to have peace but they are the opposite

You people have started introducing rubbish.
When bandits hit you now you will start negotiating with ransom.

This governor should better stop this rubbish.
Yorubaland is not known for this

1 Like

Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Government Deploys Security To Schools In Ilorin by gotnel: 8:45am On Mar 09, 2021
So unfortunate that we have degenerated into fighting over religious beliefs.
The problem is that government of Kwara state is not sincere about this situation.
Anyone that wants his or her children to dress in Islamic way to school, should enrol them in Islamically run schools.
Very simple matter.
Governor Abdraman Abdurasak should be bold enough to make decisions on this once and for all.
Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Government Deploys Security To Schools In Ilorin by Kingluqman(m): 8:48am On Mar 09, 2021
When state get dullard and tout as a governor grin
olisaEze:
Why is the Kwara State government trying to arrogate the powers of the Supreme Court to itself? The matter is still in the SC!

Is a head gear the problem of education in the state?

1 Like

Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Government Deploys Security To Schools In Ilorin by middlebelter(m): 8:49am On Mar 09, 2021
This Kwara Governor is the worst is Nigeria. I used to think Yahaya Bello is the worst, but now I know better. All the Christians in Kwara state shouting o to ge! Can you repeat your slogan now? Don't you wish to continue with Bukola Saraki now? Even Lai Mohammed and the governor that orchestrated "o to ge" are fighting.
What is he trying to achieve by setting the people against each other? Has the schools not been there before he was born? Why can't he build more schools for Muslims and equip it to accommodate as many as possible Hijab wearing students and allow the Christians to continue the management of their schools? You think because the Muslims are majority? What is something happen and you now have a powerful Christian Governors that reverse all these policies and then now ask Christians students attending Muslim schools to dress in their church uniforms to school?

Only a failure will make religion an issue in public governance. The Governor is trying to use crisis to cover his failure with the active backing of some fanatics. The Christians are not your enemies. If Ilorin become so big toady it is because it happened to be a state capital and the Christians you are persecuting in Ilorin and Kwara state today may not be able to fight back but history will never be kind to you.

When Buhari came, he slogan; change, when this Governor came, he said ; o to ge. botj are massively failing using either religion or tribalism.
Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Government Deploys Security To Schools In Ilorin by jiregr8(m): 8:50am On Mar 09, 2021
Fairness is when Ogunmodede is allowed to wear palmfront to Ansar ul Deen school, Efunyela is allowed to come to Baptist school covered with white powder all over her body, Eegunjobi is allowed to go to Almadiya school with "Eku" he who comes to equity must come with clean hands
Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Government Deploys Security To Schools In Ilorin by Musty112: 8:50am On Mar 09, 2021
Look at how the hypocrite wont make mention of any subsisting court judgement on the hijab matter, how they would tactically miss out on the issue if tolerance, how they forgot that ilorin is not predominantly muslim but a stark muslim town and how ilorites were tolerant enough to allow people of other faith to practise their religion without hindrance and how Christians are not tolerant enough to tolerate children of other faith who tolerated them. Last last, after aponle, abuku Loku. Continue until you push ilorites to the wall.

1 Like

Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Government Deploys Security To Schools In Ilorin by StreetFight: 8:51am On Mar 09, 2021
Kingluqman:
When state get dullard and tout as a governor grin

Unfortunately, this particular idiot that we have as governor is from a so called very responsible home.
Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Government Deploys Security To Schools In Ilorin by advanceDNA: 8:52am On Mar 09, 2021
Lekison:

Lol....the guy was trying so hard to sound cool....

But the Islam jihad nature jumped out at the end.

1 Like

Re: Kwara Hijab Controversy: Government Deploys Security To Schools In Ilorin by kingk(m): 8:52am On Mar 09, 2021
atonement12:
This nuisances always embarrassing Igbos on social media. Is the issue here tribal or religious?

I might be a nuisance but my level of sarcasm depends solely on your amount of stupid.

Be you tribal or religious bigot, I don't care because as far as am concerned, idiot k'ibu.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

LUTH Releases YABATECH Student's Corpse Free Of Charge / Ajakaiye Daniel Oluwatobi: Governor Akeredolu Offers Employment To AAUA Best / C.K Ayo Presents At Harvard University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.