Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,146 members, 7,821,916 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:41 PM

The Letters Killeth Without The Spirit. - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Letters Killeth Without The Spirit. (1209 Views)

The Letter Killeth Without The Spirit. / Payment Of Tithes: The Letters And The Spirit / The Letter Killeth.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Letters Killeth Without The Spirit. by Nobody: 11:53am On Mar 09, 2021
The Letters Killeth Without The Spirit. Many Of Us Thinks The Bible Is D Only Thing We Need Or Is Our Only Guide. No, We Need D HolySpirit Too. D Bible Says; He Will Guide Us In All Truth. If D Bible Is D Only Thing We Need, There Won't Be Any Need 4 D Holyspirit In Our Lives. Despite Having D Bible, D Apostles Of Jesus Still Pray & Seek 4 Guidance Of D HolySpirit.
Re: The Letters Killeth Without The Spirit. by Kobojunkie: 12:00pm On Mar 09, 2021
Truvel:
The Letters Killeth Without The Spirit. Many Of Us Thinks The Bible Is D Only Thing We Need Or Is Our Only Guide. No, We Need D HolySpirit Too. D Bible Says; He Will Guide Us In All Truth. If D Bible Is D Only Thing We Need, There Won't Be Any Need 4 D Holyspirit In Our Lives. Despite Having D Bible, D Apostles Of Jesus Still Pray & Seek 4 Guidance Of D HolySpirit.
The apostles did not have the Book you call the Bible. Many of them were uneducated so even the scriptures during their time was far from them. undecided

Instead, those who have the Bible to read have chosen to worship it as if a god of sorts when it was never intended as one. It is indeed a book that contains the Word of God(Jesus Christ) but itself is not holy or divine in anyway or form.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Letters Killeth Without The Spirit. by Nobody: 1:44pm On Mar 09, 2021
Kobojunkie:
The apostles did not have the Book you call the Bible. Many of them were uneducated so even the scriptures during their time was far from them. undecided

Instead, those who have the Bible to read have chosen to worship it as if a god of sorts when it was never intended as one. It is indeed a book that contains the Word of God(Jesus Christ) but itself is not holy or divine in anyway or form.
D Scroll In D Synaguge, What Is It? Are D Words Not D Word Of God?
Re: The Letters Killeth Without The Spirit. by Kobojunkie: 1:46pm On Mar 09, 2021
Truvel:
D Scroll In D Synaguge, What Is It? Are D Words Not D Word Of God?
There were many many different scrolls in the different synagogues during even the time of Jesus Christ - some even had the writings now compiled in the Talmud, among other Rabbinic teachings ..so which one? undecided

1 Like

Re: The Letters Killeth Without The Spirit. by budaatum: 8:31pm On Mar 09, 2021
Kobojunkie:

You say this? Is it different to claiming God told you what you read in a book?

budaatum:
Jesus never said anything of the sort to me Kobo, and I can bet 10k that Jesus never said anything of the sort to you either.

Tell the truth and let the devil be ashamed, one former atheist to another.

Is it not true that you read it in a book?
Re: The Letters Killeth Without The Spirit. by Kobojunkie: 9:55pm On Mar 09, 2021
budaatum:
You say this? Is it different to claiming God told you what you read in a book?
I don't understand what you mean. undecided
Re: The Letters Killeth Without The Spirit. by budaatum: 10:18pm On Mar 09, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I don't understand what you mean. undecided

I am going to have faith that the Holy Spirit will minister to you so you will understand.
Re: The Letters Killeth Without The Spirit. by Kobojunkie: 5:16pm On Mar 10, 2021
budaatum:
The Bible you yourself said:
Trust me, the below is your truest statement. It is unfortunate that you do not even seem to understand what you yourself write!
I can't trust yoiu because you are merely a human being and those who put there trust in humans are cursed by God Himself.
I do see how you conveniently ignore the part where I state what it is that is important in all that is written in the very same bible.
Kobojunkie:
undecided
Re: The Letters Killeth Without The Spirit. by budaatum: 6:48pm On Mar 10, 2021
Kobojunkie:
I can't trust yoiu because you are merely a human being and those who put there trust in humans are cursed by God Himself.
I do see how you conveniently ignore the part where I state what it is that is important in all that is written in the very same bible.
undecided

https://www.nairaland.com/6450189/bible-uncertainties/2#99775347
Re: The Letters Killeth Without The Spirit. by Nobody: 8:02pm On Mar 10, 2021
Kobojunkie:

So U Mean D Bible Is Not Holy?

1 Like 1 Share

Re: The Letters Killeth Without The Spirit. by Kobojunkie: 8:08pm On Mar 10, 2021
Truvel:
So U Mean D Bible Is Not Holy?
1. Did Jesus Christ teach you that a book, that did not even in existence when He walked the earth, was a holy book? undecided

2. Did any of the prophets of God before Jesus Christ see a future where a holy book called a "Bible" by those who have it, would come down from God to you?undecided

3. We learn from the book of Genesis that all Knowledge, be it of Good or of Evil, belongs to God - i.e. all knowledge is inspired by God since it all belongs to God. God is the one who doles out knowledge, wisdom, and understanding to All those who seek it. So, this idea that only the knowledge in the Bible belongs to God stands in contradiction to the very word of God as documented in many of its books. undecided
Re: The Letters Killeth Without The Spirit. by Nobody: 8:18pm On Mar 10, 2021
Kobojunkie:
1. Did Jesus Christ teach you that a book, that did not even in existence when He walked the earth, was a holy book? undecided

2. Did any of the prophets of God before Jesus Christ see a future where a holy book called a "Bible" by those who have it, would come down from God to you?undecided

3. We learn from the book of Genesis that all Knowledge, be it of Good or of Evil, belongs to God - i.e. all knowledge is inspired by God since it all belongs to God. God is the one who doles out knowledge, wisdom, and understanding to All those who seek it. So, this idea that only the knowledge in the Bible belongs to God stands in contradiction to the very word of God as documented in many of its books. undecided
Which Book Did Jesus Use In D Synagouge?
Re: The Letters Killeth Without The Spirit. by budaatum: 8:32pm On Mar 10, 2021
First. You say, "a book". Jesus specifically said that those who read only one book will become malnourished, so do not live by bread alone but by every Word that God wrote.

Second. God does not write in books. God takes mud, crafts it in God's image, and breathes God's Word's in it. This is what John is telling you when he says all things including humans, are created by the Word.

Know that I expect you to disagree because no one has told you to believe this yet and the Holy Spirit has not yet ministered it to you.

Kobojunkie:
Yes. When Jesus was tempted on the mountain, he said "It is written", three times, and satan departed from him.

Only those who read books, which Jesus obviously did, and who understand, which Jesus obviously did, can say what is written to such effect.

We also learn that Jesus the Word became flesh and lived amongst us, so one should expect some smart dudes to furnish us with the Word that became flesh that we now read about Christ because if they had not written what we now read, Christ will have died and be forgotten when we crucified him.

Kobojunkie:
Yes. If they hadn't seen a future where a book called whatever you want to call it would be read by you today, they would not have bothered to write it at all.

In fact, you yourself add to what they wrote with every word that you write here on Nairaland, except that because you are not aware of that fact, instead of allowing yourself to be directed by the Lord God Almighty, you write your own understanding and claim it is from God.

Kobojunkie:

It is your understanding of the Word of God that stands in contradiction, and not the Word of God.

First, you assume that God wrote that which you read in the Bible, which is clearly an error on your part. Then you assume that God's knowledge is in only one single book when Christ specifically said that the reading of one single book will malnourish you as we can obviously see.

I guess it's going to be difficult for you to fully grasp the knowledge that God is giving to you because buda is a mere human being and you seem not to trust the Holy Spirit that is within youself. But I have faith in you, kobojunkie, and always will.
Re: The Letters Killeth Without The Spirit. by Nobody: 8:46pm On Mar 10, 2021
budaatum:
First. You say, "a book". Jesus specifically said that those who read only one book will become malnourished, so do not live by bread alone but by every Word that God wrote.

Second. God does not write in books. God takes mud, it in God's image, and breathes God's Word's in it. This is what John is telling you when he says all things including humans, are created by the Word.

Know that I expect you to disagree because no one has told you to believe this yet and the Holy Spirit has not yet ministered it to you.

Yes. When Jesus was tempted on the mountain, he said "It is written", three times, and satan departed from him.

Only those who read books, which Jesus obviously did, and who understand, which Jesus obviously did, can say what is written to such effect.

We also learn that Jesus the Word became flesh and lived amongst us, so one should expect some smart dudes to furnish us with the Word that became flesh that we now read about Christ because if they had not written what we now read, Christ will have died and be forgotten when we crucified him.

Yes. If they hadn't seen a future where a book called whatever you want to call it would be read by you today, they would not have bothered to write it at all.

In fact, you yourself add to what they wrote with every word that you write here on Nairaland, except that because you are not aware of that fact, instead of allowing yourself to be directed by the Lord God Almighty, you write your own understanding and claim it is from God.

It is your understanding of the Word of God that stands in contradiction, and not the Word of God.

First, you assume that God wrote that which you read in the Bible, which is clearly an error on your part. Then you assume that God's knowledge is in only one single book when Christ specifically said that the reading of one single book will malnourish you as we can obviously see.

I guess it's going to be difficult for you to fully grasp the knowledge that God is giving to you because buda is a mere human being and you seem not to trust the Holy Spirit that is within youself. But I have faith in you, kobojunkie, and always will.

You are one of the weirdest Christians I’ve ever come across. No need for prolix nonsense in response. You’re a christian.
You don’t have any understanding either, you have faith like the rest of the christians but you think you’re unique because you call it understanding. e.g. the Adam and Eve slavery nonsense you insist is correct.

“ Second. God does not write in books. God takes mud, it in God's image, and breathes God's Word's in it. This is what John is telling you when he says all things including humans, are created by the Word.”

Only a Christian reads the above and thinks it makes a lick of sense.
Re: The Letters Killeth Without The Spirit. by budaatum: 8:54pm On Mar 10, 2021
Martian:

You are one of the weirdest Christians I’ve ever come across.

Lol! Martian. I guess you will continue to find it hard to understand that buda is not a Christian, but let me give you a clue all the same.

Christians read a book and believe what they read. buda reads books to understand what is written in books.

But as I said, hard for a Martian to make a lick of sense of what they can not be bothered to understand. Lol.
Re: The Letters Killeth Without The Spirit. by Nobody: 8:56pm On Mar 10, 2021
budaatum:

Lol! Martian. I guess you will continue to find it hard to understand that buda is not a Christian, but let me give you a clue all the same.

Christians read a book and believe what they read. buda reads books to understand what is written in books.

But as I said, hard for a Martian to make a lick of sense of what they can not be bothered to understand. Lol.

You believe like the rest of them. There are no hints of skepticism in what you write except to disagree and insist that your opinions are correct interpretation of what’s written. You even quote random Bible verses like the rest.
Re: The Letters Killeth Without The Spirit. by Kobojunkie: 9:01pm On Mar 10, 2021
Truvel:
Which Did Jesus Use In D Synagouge?
Depends, what you mean by "use". undecided
Jesus Christ was no regular at any of their synagogues since He was there to teach a different Truth from that which their religious leaders taught.
It is documented that in one synagogue where He tried to preach His Truth, the people there instead tried to throw him off a cliff after He graced them with His presence.

Luke 4 vs 16 -30 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
16. Jesus traveled to Nazareth, the town where he grew up. On the Sabbath day he went to the synagogue as he always did. He stood up to read.
17. The book of Isaiah the prophet was given to him. He opened the book and found the place where this is written:
18. “The Spirit of the Lord is on me. He has chosen me to tell the good news to the poor. He sent me to tell prisoners that they are free and to tell the blind that they can see again. He sent me to free those who have been treated badly
19. and to announce that the time has come for the Lord to show his kindness.”

20. Jesus closed the book, gave it back to the helper, and sat down. As everyone in the synagogue watched him closely,
21. he began to speak to them. He said, “While you heard me reading these words just now, they were coming true!”

22. Everyone there said good things about Jesus. They were amazed to hear him speak such wonderful words. They said, “How is this possible? Isn’t he Joseph’s son?”
23. Jesus said to them, “I know you will tell me the old saying: ‘Doctor, heal yourself.’ You want to say, ‘We heard about the things you did in Capernaum. Do those same things here in your own hometown!’”
24. Then he said, “The truth is, a prophet is not accepted in his own hometown.
25-26. “During the time of Elijah it did not rain in Israel for three and a half years. There was no food anywhere in the whole country. There were many widows in Israel during that time. But the fact is, Elijah was sent to none of those widows in Israel. He was sent only to a widow in Zarephath, a town in Sidon.
27. “And there were many people with leprosy living in Israel during the time of the prophet Elisha. But none of them were healed; the only one was Naaman. And he was from the country of Syria, not Israel.”

28. When the people in the synagogue heard this, they were very angry.
29. They got up and forced Jesus to go out of town. Their town was built on a hill. They took Jesus to the edge of the hill to throw him off.
30. But he walked through the middle of the crowd and went away.
Re: The Letters Killeth Without The Spirit. by budaatum: 9:08pm On Mar 10, 2021
Martian:

You believe like the rest of them. There is no hint of skepticism in what you write. You’ve even quote random Bible verses like the rest.

You continue believing that, Martian, despite all the evidence in front of your eyes.
Re: The Letters Killeth Without The Spirit. by Nobody: 9:09pm On Mar 10, 2021
budaatum:

You continue believing that, Martian, despite all the evidence in front of your eyes.

There are no hints of skepticism in what you write except to disagree and insist that your opinions are correct interpretation of what’s written. You even quote random Bible verses like the rest.

While other Christians pray “in the name of Jesus”, buda prays “in the name of Jesus I read about in a book”. Same shit.

You’re like a solo version of Max who insists that other Christians are wrong except him and his 9,000,000.
Re: The Letters Killeth Without The Spirit. by budaatum: 9:22pm On Mar 10, 2021
Martian:

There are no hints of skepticism in what you write except to disagree and insist that your opinions are correct interpretation of what’s written. You even quote random Bible verses like the rest.

While other Christians pray “in the name of Jesus”, buda prays “in the name of Jesus I read about in a book”. Same shit.

You’re like a solo version of Max who insists that other Christians are wrong except him and his 9,000,000.

And you, of course have stated all you say above with lots of skeptism, have you, while insisting that your opinions about buda are correct interpretations?

I'm sure you do not see how unbelievably funny you sound.
Re: The Letters Killeth Without The Spirit. by Nobody: 9:27pm On Mar 10, 2021
budaatum:

And you, of course have stated all you say above with lots of skeptism, have you, while insisting that your opinions about buda are correct interpretations?

I'm sure you do not see how unbelievably funny you sound.

Still not as funny as you.
Re: The Letters Killeth Without The Spirit. by budaatum: 9:35pm On Mar 10, 2021
Martian:

Still not as funny as you.
Try harder Martian. You will understand us earthlings if you just try harder.
Re: The Letters Killeth Without The Spirit. by Nobody: 9:37pm On Mar 10, 2021
budaatum:

Try harder Martian. You will understand us earthlings if you just try harder.

I understand your silly beliefs or in your case “understanding”. It’s not hard to spot nonsense. Even highfaluting nonsense like yours.
Re: The Letters Killeth Without The Spirit. by budaatum: 9:45pm On Mar 10, 2021
Martian:

I understand your silly beliefs or in your case “understanding”. It’s not hard to spot nonsense. Even highfaluting nonsense like yours.

You can not spot anything, Martian, especially when it concerns books you have not read and can not read.
Re: The Letters Killeth Without The Spirit. by Nobody: 9:51pm On Mar 10, 2021
budaatum:

You can not spot anything, Martian, especially when it concerns books you have not read and can not read.

No, you can't spot nonsense when you see it. If you read useful works and actually acquire knowledge, the nonsense you come across won't appear to be so profound and you won't be here parading your interpretation of religious stories as knowledge.
Re: The Letters Killeth Without The Spirit. by budaatum: 10:22pm On Mar 10, 2021
Martian:

No, you can't spot nonsense when you see it. If you read useful works and actually acquire knowledge, the nonsense you come across won't appear to be so profound and you won't be here parading your interpretation of religious stories as knowledge.

You have not got a clue what I read, and you haven't got a clue what knowledge is or you would not be here talking about books you have not bothered to read at all, but I'm certain the irony of you spending so much time discussing the contents of books you've never read eludes you.
Re: The Letters Killeth Without The Spirit. by Nobody: 10:26pm On Mar 10, 2021
budaatum:

You have not got a clue what I read, and you haven't got a clue what knowledge is or you would not be here talking about books you have not bothered to read at all, but I'm certain the irony of you spending so much time discussing the contents of books you've never read eludes you.

When you’re done reading the book (heidegger) you claim I haven’t you’ll understand what I wrote. Don’t be like those “ignorant fuqs” now. No, you probably won’t.
Re: The Letters Killeth Without The Spirit. by budaatum: 10:34pm On Mar 10, 2021
Martian:

When you’re done reading the book (heidegger) you claim I haven’t you’ll understand what I wrote. Don’t be like those “ignorant fuqs” now.

The cheek! Quoting one single sentence and thinking you could get away with hiding how ignorant you are! You must think we are all ignorant like you are, Martian, or you must at least believe so.

What you wrote is in the early parts of the book and could easily be gotten from a list of Heidegger's quotations, so stop trying to play wise and make out you read a book you never read like one who quotes a Bible verse and claims they read the whole book! Those who have read the whole book can very easily tell you are just a lying lazy fuq who never read the book but lies that he has!
Re: The Letters Killeth Without The Spirit. by Nobody: 10:42pm On Mar 10, 2021
budaatum:

The cheek! Quoting one single sentence and thinking you could get away with hiding how ignorant you are! You must think we are all ignorant like you are, Martian, or you must at least believe so.

What you wrote is in the early parts of the book and could easily be gotten from a list of Heidegger's quotations, so stop trying to play wise and make out you read a book you never read like one who quotes a Bible verse and claims they read the whole book! Those who have read the whole book can very easily tell you are just a lying lazy fuq who never read the book but lies that he has!

Lol, what did I quote?
I gave you my understanding of the book and you think it’s a quote.

You ignorant cunt, stop being a lazy fuq and go read the book and stop thinking things you just discovered are new to everyone.
Re: The Letters Killeth Without The Spirit. by budaatum: 10:54pm On Mar 10, 2021
Martian:

Lol, what did I quote?
I gave you my understanding of the book and you think it’s a quote.

You ignorant cunt, stop being a lazy fuq and go read the book and stop thinking things you just discovered are new to everyone.

It is an idea one can infer from the early pages of the book or just from reading about Heidegger, but of course a Martian like you would assume that is the entire book. If you've read it you would not be so ignorant about it!
Re: The Letters Killeth Without The Spirit. by Nobody: 10:58pm On Mar 10, 2021
budaatum:

It is an idea one can infer from the early pages of the book or just from reading about Heidegger, but of course a Martian like you would assume that is the entire book. If you've read it you would not be so ignorant about it!

A cunt like you would assume that’s what’s going on. But like your silly understanding, you’d be wrong .
Re: The Letters Killeth Without The Spirit. by budaatum: 11:05pm On Mar 10, 2021
Martian:

A cunt like you would assume that’s what’s going on. But like your silly understanding, you’d be wrong .

That's not what an entire book can possibly be about, but trust you to believe that would be the entirety of one's understanding.

(1) (2) (Reply)

Disons Non Au Cannibalisme! Say No To Cannibalism / What Is Your Most Treasured Christian/spiritual Book? / Excerpt From an Upcoming Book, "Guardian Of The Crown."

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 79
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.