Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,165,301 members, 7,860,735 topics. Date: Friday, 14 June 2024 at 03:15 PM

Should Christians Lust For Political Power? - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Should Christians Lust For Political Power? (556 Views)

Overcoming Sexual Lust For Christian Youths / Should Christians Give First Fruit Offering? / The Fight Against Self-servicing, Lust And Sex.ual Immorality (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Should Christians Lust For Political Power? by babalobi(m): 5:31pm On Apr 12, 2011
TEXT: 2 SAMUEL 15:1-14, 18:5-10, 14-15, MRK 10:35-45, COLOSSIANS 3:1-17, 1JOHN2:15-17

Lust is a strong desire to have something (power, money, set etc.) which is not a need at a given time. The lust for power is an evil desire or carving to attain to positions of authority so as to manipulate, control or use people and /or resources for selfish ends or interests.
Surprisingly, Christians also lust for power even though the bible says in I John 2:16 that “the lust of the flesh (craving of sinful man) and the lust of the eyes and the pride of life (boasting of what he has and does) comes not from the Father but the world” and that we should “do nothing out strife (selfish ambition) or vainglory (conceit)”. Philp2:3
As we examine the lives of some bible characters that rose to positions of great power and authority, I pray that God will grant us the grace to overcome in this area of life in Jesus name. Amen!

QUESTIONS
1. a. Did Absalom crave for power? Why? (2 Samuel 15:4, 10)
b. what characteristic are people who lust after power most likely to have? List them.
(2 Samuel 15: 1-4, 2 Samuel 16:20-23, 17:14, 14-15)
2. a. As Christians should we desire these characteristics? Explain your answer.
b. what things should we seek after and from which source?

See more here http://christonline./2008/07/10/should-christians-lust-for-political-power/
http://christonline.info/blog/
Re: Should Christians Lust For Political Power? by Joagbaje(m): 4:00am On Apr 13, 2011
As we examine the lives of some bible characters that rose to positions of great power and authority, I pray that God will grant us the grace to overcome in this area of life in Jesus name. Amen!

I think you should give proper direction to your post. Are you of the opinion that it is wrong for Christians to hold political office? Do you think it is lust for power that will make a christian engage in politics or service.

(1) (Reply)

Message Received From The Lord Jesus By Sabrina On April 13, 2011: / Was Osama A True Muslim? / Fables

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.