Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,483 members, 7,954,864 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 11:09 AM

A Fulani Man Tells Igbo Man Why They Will Keep Rearing Cows In Eastern States - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / A Fulani Man Tells Igbo Man Why They Will Keep Rearing Cows In Eastern States (2371 Views)

2023: Leave APC Before It’s Too Late –Bamgbose Tells Igbo Presidential Aspirants / Herdsmen: Defend Yourselves, Ohanaeze Tells Igbo - Sahara Reporters / Vote And Remain In Slavery - Nnamdi Kanu Tells Igbo's (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Fulani Man Tells Igbo Man Why They Will Keep Rearing Cows In Eastern States by Factshunter: 4:50pm On Mar 09, 2021
A Fulani man tells Igbo man why they will keep rearing cows in Eastern states (Video)

For many days now, there have been misunderstanding between Fulani herdsmen and the Eastern residents especially Igbos. Many people have also been wondering why Fulani herdsmen find it difficult to vacate from Eastern states.

Earlier today, a video was shared by an Igbo man Named Nwa Igbo Agbalanze via his Facebook page.

In the video, an Igbo man was seen asking a Fulani herdsman questions. He asked the Fulani man that they should not allow their cows to destroy crops in the east.

The Fulani man quickly denied the accusations and explained to him the reason they rear that species of cows in the East. According to him, the species of cows called Egweri is already familiar with the farm crops in the North and perhaps they have larger farmlands in the north unlike the East, but in the East, the cows don't like the farm crops, such as Cassava and other crops. He further denied the accusations saying that they only feed their cows with grasses.

The Igbo man who confronted him further suggested to him that they should rear their cows in a particular area and be taking foods to them instead, the Fulani man also declined the Idea saying that it can only be done if they have few cows. But for them, which has large numbers of cows, they take the cows to the bush to feed them with grasses.

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=3224844417618965

Re: A Fulani Man Tells Igbo Man Why They Will Keep Rearing Cows In Eastern States by Nigeriabiafra82: 4:57pm On Mar 09, 2021
See goosip
Fulani tell her to tell you that he will not
Mtcheeeeew

1 Like

Re: A Fulani Man Tells Igbo Man Why They Will Keep Rearing Cows In Eastern States by AlexBells(m): 4:58pm On Mar 09, 2021
angry
Re: A Fulani Man Tells Igbo Man Why They Will Keep Rearing Cows In Eastern States by OreMI22: 5:01pm On Mar 09, 2021
There is no "misunderstanding".

The Fulani man knew that cassava and yams were the staple life blood of the southern people. Yet, they allow their cattle to feed on these crops in people's farms! He even said the cows were not supposed to be eating up the crops in the farm. The question is WHY have they continued to graze in peoples farms? They destroy the livelihood of the farmer just to promote their own business and make their cows fat on the sweat of farmers?

Why is it so hard to rear animals within a specified area in ranches and simply get grass for the animals? Infact, getting grass can be another business opportunity for Fulanis who can buy grass from their own people to feed their cattle and avoid destruction of farms with the attendant killings associated with it.

Truth is that they are using cattle rearing as a cover to their true intentions which is to kill the farmers and take over their lands.
If they go into the forests and farms to set up illegal camps where they kidnap people, r@pe local women and kill farmers, they should be ready for the consequence.

2 Likes

Re: A Fulani Man Tells Igbo Man Why They Will Keep Rearing Cows In Eastern States by walemoney007(m): 5:03pm On Mar 09, 2021
Factshunter:
A Fulani man tells Igbo man why they will keep rearing cows in Eastern states (Video)

https://www.facebook.com/watch/?v=3224844417618965
Which kin foolish excuse be this?
Re: A Fulani Man Tells Igbo Man Why They Will Keep Rearing Cows In Eastern States by adadike(f): 9:31am On Mar 10, 2021
My own is they should not rape, kill or kidnap anyone here in the east simple. Let's give peace a chance
Re: A Fulani Man Tells Igbo Man Why They Will Keep Rearing Cows In Eastern States by Monogamy: 9:36am On Mar 10, 2021
As long as they would provide their own ranching, they have no problem
Re: A Fulani Man Tells Igbo Man Why They Will Keep Rearing Cows In Eastern States by Siwisheswereesh: 10:44am On Mar 10, 2021
adadike:
My own is they should not rape, kill or kidnap anyone here in the east simple. Let's give peace a chance

Is that possible
Re: A Fulani Man Tells Igbo Man Why They Will Keep Rearing Cows In Eastern States by tempest01(m): 11:55am On Mar 10, 2021
Should have asked him how many villages he has joined in attacking and how many people he has killed. You will get an idea why these people should not be allowed to carry on with their nefarious activities.
Re: A Fulani Man Tells Igbo Man Why They Will Keep Rearing Cows In Eastern States by punisha: 12:01pm On Mar 10, 2021
all Fulani's should face death by firing squad.
how can a group of people be so vile.
demons in human flesh
Re: A Fulani Man Tells Igbo Man Why They Will Keep Rearing Cows In Eastern States by darkwan: 12:16pm On Mar 10, 2021
then them go learn the hard way....

i should pay you to dont destroy my farm....

abegi,getout....!! angry angry
Re: A Fulani Man Tells Igbo Man Why They Will Keep Rearing Cows In Eastern States by duro4chang(m): 12:55pm On Mar 10, 2021
Them ESN will continue to deal with them.Every place us getting hotter for the wicked.Yoy better go back to your original home at Foutadjallon Island.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: A Fulani Man Tells Igbo Man Why They Will Keep Rearing Cows In Eastern States by ablejesus26(m): 2:00pm On Mar 10, 2021
Siwisheswereesh:

Is that possible

Wat do you mean by is dat possible

well in my hometown town Ogbaku we don't have any marauding heardmen
even before the ban came in place we have already frowned against any trouble making heardmen
in my martenal we had them in few numbers before but them don run comot

the blood in Ala Igbo is very hot now

so them no get choice dan to respect and behave theirselves
Re: A Fulani Man Tells Igbo Man Why They Will Keep Rearing Cows In Eastern States by QuotasSystem: 2:15pm On Mar 10, 2021
Now that is your typical, peaceful Fulani herdsman. No AK-47. Just him and his herd.

Engaging in a peaceful, cordial conversation with his neighbour.

Clearly the herdsman needs more enlightenment as his main concern was the cows feeding considering their large number, as that can be arranged in ranches through pooled resources.

For peace to reign, I'd rather the ranches be built in the North and transported with the additional feeding, logistics & overhead costs passed on to the buyers down south.
Re: A Fulani Man Tells Igbo Man Why They Will Keep Rearing Cows In Eastern States by Mightyhaiz: 10:28pm On Mar 10, 2021
sambisa is big enough to graze them..more than enough varieties of grasses, legumes and tender shrub foliages. if they destroy shekaus beautiful vegetable garden along the line,shekau will starve. All good,he might on that account cease fire. This will be like killing several birds with one stone.
Re: A Fulani Man Tells Igbo Man Why They Will Keep Rearing Cows In Eastern States by OBALOLA55(m): 12:38am On Mar 11, 2021
adadike:
THEY SHOULD DO THAT IN YOUR VILLAGE PLEASE. TELL YOUR IGWE TO INVITE THEM TO YOUR VILLAGE.

I JIE OJI TAA, I CHAA OCHA ECHI angry
Re: A Fulani Man Tells Igbo Man Why They Will Keep Rearing Cows In Eastern States by optionalY09: 12:41am On Mar 11, 2021
adadike:

if they stop doing it today they’ll still do it when they’re ready to conquer
Re: A Fulani Man Tells Igbo Man Why They Will Keep Rearing Cows In Eastern States by adadike(f): 12:49am On Mar 11, 2021
OBALOLA55:
THEY SHOULD DO THAT IN YOUR VILLAGE PLEASE. TELL YOUR IGWE TO INVITE THEM TO YOUR VILLAGE.

I JIE OJI TAA, I CHAA OCHA ECHI angry
Go and play with kids! Ika peka, idi too small
Re: A Fulani Man Tells Igbo Man Why They Will Keep Rearing Cows In Eastern States by OBALOLA55(m): 8:32am On Mar 11, 2021
adadike:
Go and play with kids! Ika peka, idi too small
THANK YOU BUT SHA LIMIT THAT TO YOUR VILLAGE ALONE angry

(1) (Reply)

Is Ikonso Greater Than Oba Of Benin / ESN Operative Enforcing The Sit At Home Order In Imo State / Kanu Nnamdi Is In Stable Condition, Hale And Hearty

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.