Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,227 members, 7,818,773 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 02:22 AM

Ojukwu And Gowon Agreed On Restructuring Nigeria (Pix) - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Ojukwu And Gowon Agreed On Restructuring Nigeria (Pix) (4464 Views)

7 Things FG, NLC Agreed On Before Suspending Strike / How IGP, Marwa Met, Agreed On Abba Kyari’s Arrest / 22-Year-Old Ojukwu And His Aunty, Winifred, On His Return From Oxford In 1955 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Ojukwu And Gowon Agreed On Restructuring Nigeria (Pix) by Ihateniggov: 9:56pm On Mar 09, 2021
Ojukwu and Gowon agreed on restructuring Nigeria at Aburi, Ghana but Gowon came back and denied the agreement.
Millions of lives were lost because of that single denial from Gowon.
Today Nigerians are clamouring for the same restructuring they rejected 53 years ago.

- Twitter lipsrsealed

6 Likes

Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Agreed On Restructuring Nigeria (Pix) by gidgiddy: 10:02pm On Mar 09, 2021
Ihateniggov:
Ojukwu and Gowon agreed on restructuring Nigeria at Aburi, Ghana but Gowon came back and denied the agreement.
Today Nigerians are clamouring for the same restructuring they rejected 53 years ago.

- Twitter lipsrsealed

Thats why they never want history taught in Schools, people would find out that Gowon caused the war by going back on the Aburi agreement

22 Likes 3 Shares

Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Agreed On Restructuring Nigeria (Pix) by Ihateniggov: 10:12pm On Mar 09, 2021
gidgiddy:

Thats why they never want history taught in Schools, people would find out that Gowon caused the war by going back on the Aburi agreement

You are right. History was taught in government schools(at least in the western region) in the 60s, suddenly it was scrapped. The truth is that most people we call heroes in Nigeria are monster who has done a lot of bad stuffs reason why they won't want history back to our schools.

15 Likes

Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Agreed On Restructuring Nigeria (Pix) by andyblinks05: 10:13pm On Mar 09, 2021
Na ojukwu come Bleep up

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Agreed On Restructuring Nigeria (Pix) by thatsleepboy1: 10:17pm On Mar 09, 2021
Op above me, no be Ojukwu bleep us. Na even awolowo cause the whole gbege na Why igbos no trust yorubas at all.

14 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Agreed On Restructuring Nigeria (Pix) by ijawcitizen(m): 10:24pm On Mar 09, 2021
Gowon implemented the agreed restructuring by creating states as agitated for by the ethnicities of the Niger Delta and Middle Belt.

But Ojukwu rather declare war on Nigeria than allow the freedom of Niger Deltans (Edo, Delta, Bayelsa, Rivers, Akwa Ibom & Cross Rivers) from Igbo tyrannical rule.

9 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Agreed On Restructuring Nigeria (Pix) by chiagozien(m): 10:26pm On Mar 09, 2021
And yorubas joined North to fight against restructuring.

11 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Agreed On Restructuring Nigeria (Pix) by chiagozien(m): 10:29pm On Mar 09, 2021
ijawcitizen:
Gowon implemented the agreed restructuring by creating states as agitated for by the ethnicities of the Niger Delta and Middle Belt.

But Ojukwu rather declare war on Nigeria than allow the freedom of Niger Deltans (Edo, Delta, Bayelsa, Rivers, Akwa Ibom & Cross Rivers) from Igbo tyrannical rule.
See them,product of Awolowo cheap education.

22 Likes

Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Agreed On Restructuring Nigeria (Pix) by AdakaBoro8(m): 10:32pm On Mar 09, 2021
Ihateniggov:

- Twitter lipsrsealed
mr man ojukwu was a useless man, he did it for his personal gain, his own pocket.. so gowon did the right thing..

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Agreed On Restructuring Nigeria (Pix) by ifynicky: 10:42pm On Mar 09, 2021
Ihateniggov:

- Twitter lipsrsealed

Well spoken.

When a people do not know their history, they tend to have recurrent failures.

Our heroes past? Where they really heroes?

An agreement was made in Ghana, Aburi and named it Aburi Accord, just like same US made with Middle east nations called Abraham Accord.

If it was respected by Gowon as agreed, today no body will be talking about division

But as it stands now, division is the only solution.. Its the bitter truth but it is.

I will be surprised if this nation exists in 4yrs time with the way things are going

13 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Agreed On Restructuring Nigeria (Pix) by tutudesz: 11:03pm On Mar 09, 2021
ijawcitizen:

Ojukwu was angry that Midwest region (Edo and Delta State) was created. Igbos are still angry that South South doesn't want to be associated with South East undecided so they come up with useless rubbish like South South doesn't exist grin

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Agreed On Restructuring Nigeria (Pix) by tutudesz: 11:04pm On Mar 09, 2021
ifynicky:

Well spoken.

When a people do not know their history, they tend to have recurrent failures.

Our heroes past? Where they really heroes?

An agreement was made in Ghana, Aburi and named it Aburi Accord, just like same US made with Middle east nations called Abraham Accord.

If it was respected by Gowon as agreed, today no body will be talking about division

But as it stands now, division is the only solution.. Its the bitter truth but it is.

I will be surprised if this nation exists in 4yrs time with the way things are going

Who gave him the right to negotiate for other ethnic groups
Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Agreed On Restructuring Nigeria (Pix) by Nigeriabiafra82: 11:10pm On Mar 09, 2021
tutudesz:

Before ojukwu declared biafra the traditional from various ethnic group in biafra meet at enugu and give him go ahead order
I won’t be educating you for free
But I will let you wallow in your ignorance before I will provide a link for you
Or better go ask your father

11 Likes

Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Agreed On Restructuring Nigeria (Pix) by tutudesz: 11:13pm On Mar 09, 2021
Nigeriabiafra82:

Before ojukwu declared biafra the traditional from various ethnic group in biafra meet at enugu and give him go ahead order
I won’t be educating you for free
But I will let you wallow in your ignorance before I will provide a link for you
Or better go ask your father
Name the ethnic groups undecided because the Edo and Delta State were never part of such meeting.
Your edited history undecided Why are Igbos so obsessed about South South We have been shouting we are not part of your Biafra

3 Likes

Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Agreed On Restructuring Nigeria (Pix) by ifynicky: 11:16pm On Mar 09, 2021
tutudesz:

He did not negotiate it alone? There were representatives before the Aburi meeting.. There were consultations here and there.

Biafra was never an Igbo thing as people widely believe due to media.

7 Likes

Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Agreed On Restructuring Nigeria (Pix) by ifynicky: 11:19pm On Mar 09, 2021
tutudesz:

Name the ethnic groups undecided because the Edo and Delta State were never part of such meeting.
Your edited history undecided Why are Igbos so obsessed about South South We have been shouting we are not part of your Biafra

Edo or Delta? hmmmmm.. Lets use delta for example.... is Delta home for 1 ethnic group? No.... so we can't say Delta as a whole.

If you want the history, its everywhere.

First is check the Delta State logo and see if you recognize anything on Biafra flag.... Also check State logos for some present South South states for same thing....

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Agreed On Restructuring Nigeria (Pix) by tutudesz: 11:20pm On Mar 09, 2021
ifynicky:

He did not negotiate it alone? There were representatives before the Aburi meeting.. There were consultations here and there.

Biafra was never an Igbo thing as people widely believe due to media.

Name the presentative Biafra was and will forever be an Igbo agenda to take over other ethnic groups land's.
South South keep telling say they are not part of you, but you want to force it us.
Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Agreed On Restructuring Nigeria (Pix) by tutudesz: 11:21pm On Mar 09, 2021
ifynicky:

Edo or Delta? hmmmmm.. Lets use delta for example.... is Delta home for 1 ethnic group? No.... so we can't say Delta as a whole.

If you want the history, its everywhere.

First is check the Delta State logo and see if you recognize anything on Biafra flag.... Also check State logos for most present South South states for same thing....
Carry your Igbo brother from Delta and Rivers.
Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Agreed On Restructuring Nigeria (Pix) by Nigeriabiafra82: 11:22pm On Mar 09, 2021
tutudesz:

I will only allow you wallow in your abject ignorance for now
I have no time to educate you
But if you persist get paper and pen and come down to enugu

5 Likes

Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Agreed On Restructuring Nigeria (Pix) by Nigeriabiafra82: 11:23pm On Mar 09, 2021
tutudesz:

Name the presentative Biafra was and will forever be an Igbo agenda to take over other ethnic groups land's.
South South keep telling say they are not part of you, but you want to force it us.
Ignorance is bad

3 Likes

Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Agreed On Restructuring Nigeria (Pix) by tutudesz: 11:26pm On Mar 09, 2021
Nigeriabiafra82:

I will only allow you wallow in your abject ignorance for now
I have no time to educate you
But if you persist get paper and pen and come down to enugu
Come to like before When Igbos dominance on other ethnic in eastern region was powerful Or when Igbos could buy lands anywere they feel like and other ethnic groups couldn't I know how the Eastern Region Government oppressed everybody

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Agreed On Restructuring Nigeria (Pix) by tutudesz: 11:27pm On Mar 09, 2021
Nigeriabiafra82:

Ignorance is bad
Name those who attended such meeting translate to ignorance
Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Agreed On Restructuring Nigeria (Pix) by Nigeriabiafra82: 11:29pm On Mar 09, 2021
tutudesz:

Come to like before When Igbos dominance on other ethnic in eastern region was powerful Or when Igbos could buy lands anywere they feel like and other ethnic groups couldn't I know how the Eastern Region Government oppressed everybody
I need you to cry harder
You need to beg
1967- 2021 igbos are still dominating
Without government assistance we are still buying up your land

Who God have bless not even genocide can stop

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Agreed On Restructuring Nigeria (Pix) by Nigeriabiafra82: 11:30pm On Mar 09, 2021
tutudesz:

Name those who attended such meeting translate to ignorance
You need to pay for such education
I want u to cry or beg for it

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Agreed On Restructuring Nigeria (Pix) by tutudesz: 11:30pm On Mar 09, 2021
Nigeriabiafra82:

I need you to cry harder
You need to beg
1967- 2021 igbos are still dominating
Without government assistance we are still buying up your land

Who God have bless not even genocide can stop
Which land are you buying grin show one Igbo were get land for warri undecided
Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Agreed On Restructuring Nigeria (Pix) by ifynicky: 11:32pm On Mar 09, 2021
tutudesz:

This is wrong. No one is forcing people on anything. No one is grabbing land. Lets stop this narrative and educate ourselves with the correct information.

When you say south south? Who is south south? smiley

Anyway... I just get surprised when i hear such about land grabbing and same people do not say fulani is doing land grabbing.

Before Amalgamation, we had southern Nigeria, which comprises of Kingdoms and regions..... If you can check that, it would end this wrong narrative being propagated by paid media

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Agreed On Restructuring Nigeria (Pix) by Nigeriabiafra82: 11:32pm On Mar 09, 2021
tutudesz:

Which land are you buying grin show one Igbo were get land for warri undecided
Warri?
I don’t need to show you
Tell your state government to provide the c of os of land owners in warri
Or go hide in your mother kitchen

2 Likes

Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Agreed On Restructuring Nigeria (Pix) by tutudesz: 11:33pm On Mar 09, 2021
Nigeriabiafra82:

You need to pay for such education
I want u to cry or beg for it
Your beer parlour education grin abeg keep such education for your people
Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Agreed On Restructuring Nigeria (Pix) by Nigeriabiafra82: 11:34pm On Mar 09, 2021
ifynicky:

This is wrong. No one is forcing people on anything. No one is grabbing land. Lets stop this narrative and educate ourselves with the correct information.

When you say south south? Who is south south? smiley

Anyway... I just get surprised when i hear such about land grabbing and same people do not say fulani is doing land grabbing.

Before Amalgamation, we had southern Nigeria, which comprises of Kingdoms and regions..... If you can check that, it would end this wrong narrative being propagated by paid media
Some mofos are quick to hide behind south south to bant igbo
Especially those who are afraid to identify with their tribe
Well I notice that most buhari media thug always use this tactics

3 Likes

Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Agreed On Restructuring Nigeria (Pix) by tutudesz: 11:35pm On Mar 09, 2021
Nigeriabiafra82:

Warri?
I don’t need to show you
Tell your state government to provide the c of os of land owners in warri
Or go hide in your mother kitchen
You see your life undecided
Name those who attended meeting undecided
Name those who buying lands undecided
Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Agreed On Restructuring Nigeria (Pix) by Nigeriabiafra82: 11:35pm On Mar 09, 2021
tutudesz:

Your beer parlour education grin abeg keep such education for your people
Hahahahhahaha
Come let me educate you mofos
Don’t go and force your inept government to restore history back to your rotten system

1 Like

Re: Ojukwu And Gowon Agreed On Restructuring Nigeria (Pix) by Nigeriabiafra82: 11:36pm On Mar 09, 2021
tutudesz:

You see your life undecided
Name those who attended meeting undecided
Name those who buying lands undecided
You haven’t start crying yet
Increase the volume

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

How Reno Omokri Decimated Buhari And Tinubu In One Savage Sub (photos) / We Are Now Northern Igbos; Nigeria New Tribe Emerged / PDP Chairmanship: Horsetrading As Ugwuanyi Zoning Committee Decides Thursday

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.