Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,424 members, 7,819,531 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 05:38 PM

The Cross You’re Carrying - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / The Cross You’re Carrying (239 Views)

Lords Chosen Members Carrying Out Evangelism In Woolwich, UK (Photo, Video) / 3 Men Carrying Sacrifice In Ikorodu, Forced To Eat It (Photos) / The Cross You’re Carrying (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

The Cross You’re Carrying by SonofIssachar: 1:03am On Mar 10, 2021
The young man was at the end of his rope. Seeing no way out, he dropped to his knees in prayer. “Lord, I can’t go on,” he said. “I have too heavy a cross to bear.”

The Lord replied, “My son, if you can’t bear its weight, just place your cross inside this room. Then, open that other door and pick out any cross you wish.”

The man was filled with relief. “Thank you, Lord,” he sighed, and he did as he was told.

Upon entering the other door, he saw many crosses, some so large the tops were not visible. Then, he spotted a tiny cross leaning against a far wall. “I’d like that one, Lord,” he whispered

And the Lord replied, “My son, that is the one you just brought in.”

When life’s problems seem overwhelming, it helps to look around and see what other people are coping with. You may consider yourself far more fortunate than you imagined. Whatever your cross, whatever your pain; there will always be sunshine after the rain. Perhaps you may stumble, perhaps even fall, But God’s always there.

— Author Unknown

Meditation: For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are… – Hebrews 4:15

You will succeed in Jesus Name!

Also read:

Request for Transfer
God’s Holding Patterns
Wisdom for Problem-Solving

Re: The Cross You’re Carrying by Kobojunkie: 1:34pm On Mar 10, 2021
SonofIssachar:

The young man was at the end of his rope. Seeing no way out, he dropped to his knees in prayer. “Lord, I can’t go on,” he said. “I have too heavy a cross to bear.”

The Lord replied, “My son, if you can’t bear its weight, just place your cross inside this room. Then, open that other door and pick out any cross you wish.”

The man was filled with relief. “Thank you, Lord,” he sighed, and he did as he was told.

Upon entering the other door, he saw many crosses, some so large the tops were not visible. Then, he spotted a tiny cross leaning against a far wall. “I’d like that one, Lord,” he whispered

And the Lord replied, “My son, that is the one you just brought in.”

When life’s problems seem overwhelming, it helps to look around and see what other people are coping with. You may consider yourself far more fortunate than you imagined. Whatever your cross, whatever your pain; there will always be sunshine after the rain. Perhaps you may stumble, perhaps even fall, But God’s always there.

— Author Unknown

Meditation: For we do not have a High Priest who cannot sympathize with our weaknesses, but was in all points tempted as we are… – Hebrews 4:15

You will succeed in Jesus Name!

Also read:

Request for Transfer
God’s Holding Patterns
Wisdom for Problem-Solving
That there os terrible advice, that is to compare your problems with those of others around you. Jesus Christ never calmed any of His to do any of that. Trying to pass the world's wisdom as if God's is foolishness.

Jesus Christ commands that those who will become worthy of Him will deny themselves and carry their own cross, no explanation needed.
Re: The Cross You’re Carrying by budaatum: 2:33pm On Mar 10, 2021
When I was a child, I used to wait at the busstop in the morning to get a molue and hope the conductor would not get to me for bus fare where I hung at the back door before I jumped off at my stop. I'd have walked it, but school was 7 miles away and I was always late whenever I tried, but I often walked back home. I had no money for the fare and none for food either and would have a hungry long face throughout the school day.

Often, someone would ask, "what's the matter buda", and I would spill my beans about how sad my life was and how bad it was for me and how I could not cope and how I'd want to die, then the person I spilled my beans to will tell me how their life was and I would realise their life was worst than mine and I would not swap mine for theirs even if someone paid me!

And that is the lesson SonofIssachar has taught us here. That every person thinks their burden is the heaviest, but only those who have never seen the priq of another person's father's farm would claim their own father's farm is the biggest priq. Yoruba speakers will get the pun.

Below is Bob Marley teaching the same, "Every man thinketh his burden is the heaviest".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OXsLslqteB0

Thank you SonofIssachar. buda respectfully bows.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Wait Upon The Lord / Over 16,000 People Received Christ In #pakistan. Alberto Mvila Risks His Life / Divine Solution World Outreach Presents 3 Days Revival

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.