Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,631 members, 7,816,602 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 01:45 PM

Mobile Court Sentences 33 For Various Offences, Including Not Wearing Face Masks - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Mobile Court Sentences 33 For Various Offences, Including Not Wearing Face Masks (97 Views)

My Ordeal With VIO For Not Wearing Face-Mask Inside My Car / Policemen Without Face-Masks Try To Arrest Man For Not Wearing Face Mask In FCT / Wearing Face-Masks Will Be Compulsory In Lagos - Sanwo-Olu (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mobile Court Sentences 33 For Various Offences, Including Not Wearing Face Masks by Gray123: 2:26am On Mar 10, 2021
A Mobile Court in Benin on Friday convicted 33 people for not wearing face masks, improper disposal of refuse and displaying wares in unauthorised places.
The News Agency of Nigeria (NAN) reports that the Edo government imposed the use of face masks as a strategy to curb the spread of Coronavirus (COVID-19).
The prosecuting counsel, Mr G. O. Odeyibo and A. Ayo, told the court that the 33 accused, who subsequently pleaded guilty, were apprehended within the Benin metropolis.
Presiding Chief Magistrate Rusberth Imafidon convicted the 21 face mask violators and directed them to do community service for three hours daily for two days. He gave them no option of fine.
He also sentenced the six convicts, who did not dispose off their wastes properly at the Oba Market, to do community service of three hours for one day. He also did not give them an option of fine.
Imafidon further sentenced the six other traders, who displayed their wares on a walkway, to community service of three hours per day for three days or pay a fine N3,000 each.
The community service includes clearing drains, picking trash, compulsory community sensitization and grass cutting.
The Chief Magistrate pointed out that doing community service was in tune with non-custodian sentence.
He said correctional officers would oversee the convicts while serving their punishments.
Re: Mobile Court Sentences 33 For Various Offences, Including Not Wearing Face Masks by Spending123: 4:30am On Mar 10, 2021
E concern onah. Since this is not my problem, my problem now is;

The boy who killed his Father, mother, brother and gardener asked court to forgive him because he is an orphan.

(1) (Reply)

Alaska Makes Covid Vaccinations Available To Anyone 16 Or Older / Male Orchitis: Diagnostic Procedures And Treatment / Health Security: Why Nigeria Should Invest, Prepare Ahead Of Disease Outbreaks

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.