Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,229 members, 7,829,397 topics. Date: Thursday, 16 May 2024 at 06:07 AM

Sharing Personal Contacts & Making Friends On Nairaland. Your Experience? - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Sharing Personal Contacts & Making Friends On Nairaland. Your Experience? (1010 Views)

Lockdown: Inter-state Travelling. Share Your Experience. / "Nigeria Nurses Working Abroad, Share your experience" / Share Your Experience Of Life Outside Nigeria. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Sharing Personal Contacts & Making Friends On Nairaland. Your Experience? by Childofthelord(f): 8:07am On Mar 10, 2021
Hi everyone,

I have been on Nairaland for a while now but just recently started making a few posts. Ranging from my personal life experiences to replying to someone's post. I got really heart-warming replies and messages from my first post which made me feel like a belonged to the Nairaland community. Many people sent emails and wanted to be friends. Of course, this required sharing my WhatsApp contact, IG handle and other personal details.

Now what?

I have had many experiences where i shared contacts with folks on Twitter and other social apps and the conversation just dies, because we had nothing to talk about. Good morning, How are you, have you eaten, how was your day, yada yada yada---empty conversations. Sometimes it moves in the wrong direction, people always have different motives and interests that may never align with yours.

While I do appreciate the kind gesture and wiliness to communicate and be friends, I believe that for friendship to thrive, there has to be a strong linking factor, either a common interest, field of study or goal. That's why for a start, i do recommend we chat from Google Hangouts and then we can move the friendship on a closer level, but a lot of people are either not on Hangout or just want WhatsApp or nothing.

PS: To everyone who has sent me request emails, thank you!, I see them but sometimes i am unsure how/what to reply. That's why I always follow back, perhaps your next message will make more meaning.

This forum is full of great-minded, intelligent and wonderful people and I have chatted with a few.
For the Nairalanders who have made friends on this forum, what would you advise? What experiences have you had?
Is it worth sharing your contacts?

Let me know your thoughts/experiences smiley
Re: Sharing Personal Contacts & Making Friends On Nairaland. Your Experience? by phorget(m): 8:34am On Mar 10, 2021
Issokay

1 Like

Re: Sharing Personal Contacts & Making Friends On Nairaland. Your Experience? by DAramis: 9:35am On Mar 10, 2021
Always do what makes you comfortable. If you feel very uncomfortable sharing your contact, you should not do it then. Most people will understand.

Over and out.

1 Like

Re: Sharing Personal Contacts & Making Friends On Nairaland. Your Experience? by Danhumprey: 10:21am On Mar 10, 2021
Childofthelord:
Hi everyone,

I have been on Nairaland for a while now but just recently started making a few posts. Ranging from my personal life experiences to replying to someone's post. I got really heart-warming replies and messages from my first post which made me feel like a belonged to the Nairaland community. Many people sent emails and wanted to be friends. Of course, this required sharing my WhatsApp contact, IG handle and other personal details.

Now what?

I have had many experiences where i shared contacts with folks on Twitter and other social apps and the conversation just dies, because we had nothing to talk about. Good morning, How are you, have you eaten, how was your day, yada yada yada---empty conversations. Sometimes it moves in the wrong direction, people always have different motives and interests that may never align with yours.

While I do appreciate the kind gesture and wiliness to communicate and be friends, I believe that for friendship to thrive, there has to be a strong linking factor, either a common interest, field of study or goal. That's why for a start, i do recommend we chat from Google Hangouts and then we can move the friendship on a closer level, but a lot of people are either not on Hangout or just want WhatsApp or nothing.

PS: To everyone who has sent me request emails, thank you!, I see them but sometimes i am unsure how/what to reply. That's why I always follow back, perhaps your next message will make more meaning.

This forum is full of great-minded, intelligent and wonderful people and I have chatted with a few.
For the Nairalanders who have made friends on this forum, what would you advise? What experiences have you had?

Well, I've made lots of great friends from this forum and I'm still friends with them.
That it so happens that some people have different motives for wanting to be friends is normal, I get that. And it's great when there's mutual interest. And more so, it takes two people to keep a conversation and friendship going, not just one person. If at a point you feel the vibe isn't there anymore, you can take a walk. That's fine.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Sharing Personal Contacts & Making Friends On Nairaland. Your Experience? by Olukat(m): 9:40pm On Mar 10, 2021
Childofthelord:
Hi everyone,

Now what?

Sometimes you won't know where you will find true relationship!
Be friendly with all even me o

Re: Sharing Personal Contacts & Making Friends On Nairaland. Your Experience? by Olukat(m): 9:41pm On Mar 10, 2021
[quote author=Childofthelord post=99759534]Hi everyone,

Now what?

Wishing you all the best!

1 Like

Re: Sharing Personal Contacts & Making Friends On Nairaland. Your Experience? by ednut1(m): 10:29pm On Mar 10, 2021
You this babe again. We can see why you are lonely in canada

2 Likes

Re: Sharing Personal Contacts & Making Friends On Nairaland. Your Experience? by Childofthelord(f): 2:54am On Mar 11, 2021
Kindly expatiate a little further smiley
ednut1:
You this babe again. We can see why you are lonely in canada
Re: Sharing Personal Contacts & Making Friends On Nairaland. Your Experience? by Prodigee: 6:58am On Mar 11, 2021
Personally, exchanging contacts here has mostly been professional.

1 Like

Re: Sharing Personal Contacts & Making Friends On Nairaland. Your Experience? by RENOWNED2(m): 10:55am On Mar 12, 2021
You need a boyfriend ASAP!

1 Like

Re: Sharing Personal Contacts & Making Friends On Nairaland. Your Experience? by SGANIVA(m): 2:55pm On Mar 12, 2021
yes but for business and we usually go straight to the point

1 Like

Re: Sharing Personal Contacts & Making Friends On Nairaland. Your Experience? by Childofthelord(f): 2:19am On Mar 13, 2021
Why do you say so? Do I strike you as a someone who wants a companion?
RENOWNED2:
You need a boyfriend ASAP!
Re: Sharing Personal Contacts & Making Friends On Nairaland. Your Experience? by xtremecomedian(m): 3:20am On Mar 13, 2021

1 Like

Re: Sharing Personal Contacts & Making Friends On Nairaland. Your Experience? by Amanee(f): 6:41am On Mar 13, 2021
My closest friends right now are from nairaland

Shout out to AW kiss

1 Like

Re: Sharing Personal Contacts & Making Friends On Nairaland. Your Experience? by RENOWNED2(m): 10:36am On Mar 13, 2021
Childofthelord:
Do I strike you as a someone who wants a companion?
Yep! and thats fine. Its a basic human need.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Arabs And Indians Not Allowed To Cross Polish Border / What Should I Know Before Visiting Nigeria? / .

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.