Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,158,303 members, 7,836,318 topics. Date: Wednesday, 22 May 2024 at 04:40 AM

N1M Bride Price List Including 10k For Father's Cigarette, 20K Bush Meat, Others - Culture (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / N1M Bride Price List Including 10k For Father's Cigarette, 20K Bush Meat, Others (47883 Views)

Bride Price: Man Slams African Parents, Says "I'm Not Paying" / James Ayatse's Daughter, Doofan Ayatse Marries. 1000 Paid As Bride Price / Olori Wuraola Returns Bride Price To Ooni Of Ife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: N1M Bride Price List Including 10k For Father's Cigarette, 20K Bush Meat, Others by shegra58: 2:34pm On Mar 10, 2021
Ctorch:
Man shares photo of his bride price list that includes 10k for father-in-law cigarette, sparks reactions.

The list which was divided into two sections had the sum of N10,000 earmarked for father-in-law cigarette.

The bride price list, from the image he posted, was divided into two parts. One had items for the father-in-law and the second for the mother-in-law.

Some interesting items and their price tags as seen on both sections included N10,000 for father-in-law cigarette, a table for counting money at N15,000, a knife at N20,000, opening of the house at N50,000. All totalled over a million naira.

Taking to Twitter, the Abuja based logo and graphics designer with the handle @ekibyleo shared a photo of the list as he lamented saying:

https://twitter.com/ekibyleo/status/1369358235111657480?s=19
wheel barrow bawo ?
Re: N1M Bride Price List Including 10k For Father's Cigarette, 20K Bush Meat, Others by safetyInspector(m): 2:36pm On Mar 10, 2021
There is nothing Igbo about this list. The items gave away the list. This must be from Yoruba or any part of South South.
Ctorch:
Man shares photo of his bride price list that includes 10k for father-in-law cigarette, sparks reactions.

The list which was divided into two sections had the sum of N10,000 earmarked for father-in-law cigarette.

The bride price list, from the image he posted, was divided into two parts. One had items for the father-in-law and the second for the mother-in-law.

Some interesting items and their price tags as seen on both sections included N10,000 for father-in-law cigarette, a table for counting money at N15,000, a knife at N20,000, opening of the house at N50,000. All totalled over a million naira.

Taking to Twitter, the Abuja based logo and graphics designer with the handle @ekibyleo shared a photo of the list as he lamented saying:

Re: N1M Bride Price List Including 10k For Father's Cigarette, 20K Bush Meat, Others by COMPAQ(m): 2:39pm On Mar 10, 2021
Baybii:
shocked I don't understand "identifying with the..." What does it mean?

This is one of the reasons bride price needs to be scrapped out of existence. It no longer serves any purpose other than impoverishing hardworking couples.

With this kind of list, how many Nigerian men earning the minimum wage can afford to marry?

Totally agree with you. It has outlived its usefulness. Let the children who want to marry do so in peace and quiet.
Re: N1M Bride Price List Including 10k For Father's Cigarette, 20K Bush Meat, Others by WoundedLamb: 2:40pm On Mar 10, 2021
This is so messed up. Women should kick against this. It only makes them properties.
Re: N1M Bride Price List Including 10k For Father's Cigarette, 20K Bush Meat, Others by BSdetector: 2:44pm On Mar 10, 2021
Juliusmalema:

Alright but the list is coming from Yorubaland. No too much argument on that..

Everyone knows this isn't from Yorubaland, stop being a clown.

2 Likes

Re: N1M Bride Price List Including 10k For Father's Cigarette, 20K Bush Meat, Others by Tonymegabush1(m): 2:48pm On Mar 10, 2021
After paying heavily for all these she will still come to your house and frustrate your life out....
Re: N1M Bride Price List Including 10k For Father's Cigarette, 20K Bush Meat, Others by Angelfrost(m): 2:52pm On Mar 10, 2021
The parents clearly rear their daughters for wealthy merchants like Ned Nwoko, FFK, etc...

Before you do that nonsense called "Falling In love", ask pertinent questions of the lady in question... Before you sell your destiny on top say you wan marry.
Re: N1M Bride Price List Including 10k For Father's Cigarette, 20K Bush Meat, Others by Dapson73(m): 2:54pm On Mar 10, 2021
ebuka440:
Is a woman for sale in Yoruba land? Tufiakwa

Lol. Don't drag Yoruba to this. Without been told, we all know the tribe that sells their daughters for marriage.

Not Yoruba, Not Hausa/Fulani. Fulanis are now synonymous to something else.

2 Likes

Re: N1M Bride Price List Including 10k For Father's Cigarette, 20K Bush Meat, Others by franchasng: 3:03pm On Mar 10, 2021
Kebbiprince:

See sarcasm
no sarcasm here bro, 1m isn't much to pay for a good woman's bride price if you can afford it. If you don't have up to 1m, pay 500k they will still accept. We have developed a useless attitude of mocking our culture and tradition for internet attention , which is bad.

Where I don't support is expensive white wedding ceremony
Re: N1M Bride Price List Including 10k For Father's Cigarette, 20K Bush Meat, Others by BSdetector: 3:05pm On Mar 10, 2021
If you can't pay the bride price simply don't marry her, if you can pay it, congrats on your new property..... from an investment banking perspective it's kinda a goes both ways; she's an asset tho a depreciating one but she'll breed for you, satisfy you sexually, perform domestic house work and help with raising your offspring. On the other she's also a liability; maintenance costs. The closest alternative one can get is a sex doll but the average sex doll with real life body features comes at $10k on average (and that doesn't include additional features), and a sex doll only meets your sexual needs. so paying the bride price is kinda a better investment, just put a refundable clause in the agreement with the parents. wink
Re: N1M Bride Price List Including 10k For Father's Cigarette, 20K Bush Meat, Others by perdollar(m): 3:06pm On Mar 10, 2021
Truly village ppl r at work.
Re: N1M Bride Price List Including 10k For Father's Cigarette, 20K Bush Meat, Others by Kebbiprince: 3:08pm On Mar 10, 2021
franchasng:
no sarcasm here bro, 1m isn't much to pay for a good woman's bride price if you can afford it. If you don't have up to 1m, pay 500k they will still accept. We have developed a useless attitude of mocking our culture and tradition for internet attention , which is bad.

Where I don't support is expensive white wedding ceremony
You're very good at sarcasm, I give it to you bro cheesy
Re: N1M Bride Price List Including 10k For Father's Cigarette, 20K Bush Meat, Others by BSdetector: 3:15pm On Mar 10, 2021
We need to actually introduce bride price futures on the nigerian stock exchange...who knows, it could be a good hedge.
Re: N1M Bride Price List Including 10k For Father's Cigarette, 20K Bush Meat, Others by federalgodey: 3:17pm On Mar 10, 2021
This list is from my state, I'm very familiar with it!
Re: N1M Bride Price List Including 10k For Father's Cigarette, 20K Bush Meat, Others by snoopz: 3:36pm On Mar 10, 2021
the family dey ment 80k for goat 20k knife if man don do this kin thing at that amount den the person just wan show off ni
Re: N1M Bride Price List Including 10k For Father's Cigarette, 20K Bush Meat, Others by chinecherem97974: 3:41pm On Mar 10, 2021
:He is very ready but my family feel he is not financially okay to their standardThe final decision lies with you
Re: N1M Bride Price List Including 10k For Father's Cigarette, 20K Bush Meat, Others by offset67(m): 3:51pm On Mar 10, 2021
No be JuJu be that?
Re: N1M Bride Price List Including 10k For Father's Cigarette, 20K Bush Meat, Others by offset67(m): 3:53pm On Mar 10, 2021
geelite:
It seems the girl is a virgin grin grin[color=#990000][/color]
na virgin hoe
Re: N1M Bride Price List Including 10k For Father's Cigarette, 20K Bush Meat, Others by Oshokalo: 4:00pm On Mar 10, 2021
make God just do money for person,imagine say them give davido such list him go look am like say na packet of cigar he won buy
Re: N1M Bride Price List Including 10k For Father's Cigarette, 20K Bush Meat, Others by macos14: 4:29pm On Mar 10, 2021
esmarcq:
This list is ridiculous, they had to show the world the dad is a heavy smoker, and they are out to exploit the man. Is the dad a black belt holder that they want to but knife for 20k, haba na, this is why some people in Nigeria see their wives as properties they purchased
Lol
Re: N1M Bride Price List Including 10k For Father's Cigarette, 20K Bush Meat, Others by Casper21: 4:40pm On Mar 10, 2021
Gone are de days of such demands, I think that's a made up list
Re: N1M Bride Price List Including 10k For Father's Cigarette, 20K Bush Meat, Others by Hamiltonii: 5:00pm On Mar 10, 2021
Romanoff:
Rotfl.

All I see is poverty alleviation scheme in the name of marriage.

My own marriage list, na only small palm oil, can malt and 5 tubers of yam reach my mother.

The rest were collected and chopped by my father's extended family, 98% of them won't even know me if I was staring them in the face.

A bunch of hungry clowns that didn't contribute 1 naira to my feeding or education.

Don't insult your elders. They would still live without your marriage. If the groom has the money, he should pay cos it's a thing of joy in our culture.
Re: N1M Bride Price List Including 10k For Father's Cigarette, 20K Bush Meat, Others by Cryptomillion: 5:08pm On Mar 10, 2021
Buy and sell market
Re: N1M Bride Price List Including 10k For Father's Cigarette, 20K Bush Meat, Others by Romanoff(f): 5:10pm On Mar 10, 2021
Hamiltonii:

Don't insult your elders. They would still live without your marriage. If the groom has the money, he should pay cos it's a thing of joy in our culture.

If the items on the list was going to my parents, I for no complain since na them take care of me.

But a bunch of people who don't know you and just sit in the village eating items on the list without contributing a dime to your life, please, make that make sense .
Re: N1M Bride Price List Including 10k For Father's Cigarette, 20K Bush Meat, Others by lordatkinson07(m): 5:25pm On Mar 10, 2021
I hope the lady still remain untouch (virgin)

I hope she won't go back to see her family again after she must have left them for her husband's house.

I hope the in-laws will not come to the man again when financial responsibilities arise?

I hope....
I hope...
Re: N1M Bride Price List Including 10k For Father's Cigarette, 20K Bush Meat, Others by Quim2: 5:44pm On Mar 10, 2021
esmarcq:
This list is ridiculous, they had to show the world the dad is a heavy smoker, and they are out to exploit the man. Is the dad a black belt holder that they want to but knife for 20k, haba na, this is why some people in Nigeria see their wives as properties they purchased

Apparently you don't know tradition.

The father may never have touched cigarettes in his Life!
Re: N1M Bride Price List Including 10k For Father's Cigarette, 20K Bush Meat, Others by SweetCunt97(f): 6:04pm On Mar 10, 2021
Romanoff:
Rotfl.

All I see is poverty alleviation scheme in the name of marriage.

My own marriage list, na only small palm oil, can malt and 5 tubers of yam reach my mother.

The rest were collected and chopped by my father's extended family, 98% of them won't even know me if I was staring them in the face.

A bunch of hungry clowns that didn't contribute 1 naira to my feeding or education.
Very useless tradition! None of them contributed kobo oo
Re: N1M Bride Price List Including 10k For Father's Cigarette, 20K Bush Meat, Others by Mr5050(m): 6:05pm On Mar 10, 2021
all this list on top of fairly use nunu, shm.
Re: N1M Bride Price List Including 10k For Father's Cigarette, 20K Bush Meat, Others by esmarcq(m): 6:13pm On Mar 10, 2021
Quim2:

Apparently you don't know tradition.

The father may never have touched cigarettes in his Life!
So what kind of African tradition will be asking for cigarette that is not even of African origin, there's no originality in this tradition
Re: N1M Bride Price List Including 10k For Father's Cigarette, 20K Bush Meat, Others by OnlyDeCapPlease(m): 6:26pm On Mar 10, 2021
Ctorch:

Lol! Them go soon begin add ashawo money for bride price list too grin
Re: N1M Bride Price List Including 10k For Father's Cigarette, 20K Bush Meat, Others by dheolexaone(f): 6:57pm On Mar 10, 2021
Las las, you go use ur money buy wheelbarrow to use in the after marriage.

Wahala be like wheel barrow
Re: N1M Bride Price List Including 10k For Father's Cigarette, 20K Bush Meat, Others by armyofone(m): 7:17pm On Mar 10, 2021
smh - the most important thing is how to finance your new life together. Nothing on that list is for the bride grin

I thought it was set in stone that whatever the bride's family listed follows the bride to her new home.
Why necklace for the mother ?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Emir Sanusi & Ooni Of Ife Attend Graduation Ceremony Of Sanusi's Daughter In UK / Restriction Of Movement In Ikorodu Tomorrow Due To Ritual Rites (eluku & Oro). / A Brief Profile Of The Igbo People Of Jamaica

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.