Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,327 members, 7,815,650 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 03:54 PM

Why Should I Buy An iPhone? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Why Should I Buy An iPhone? (2465 Views)

Boy Took Girlfriend To Buy An iPhone For Her, Fled With The Phone, Girl Detained / The First Lady To Own An Iphone X In Nigeria (Photos) / Apple Fired An Iphone X Engineer After His Daughter Hands-on Video Turned Viral (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Should I Buy An iPhone? by creatorcurator: 2:10pm On Mar 10, 2021
Maybe you used to be a Tecno guy back in the 2010’s, or even the budget smartphone guy from flagship companies like Samsung, Sony, Motorola, etc. However, you make more bucks now and your budget for gadgets like smartphones, smart-gears, and laptops have gone up but, you still have a problem deciding on which flagship to buy.

I can tell you it’s not an easy decision to make, sometimes, even for experts like myself. � Many die-hard android people may eventually settle for Samsung, yes, Samsung still makes the best android phones asides the Google pixel. For some other people, it’s a matter of “Priceeconomics.” These people that worry about prices and values are most likely to make the best decisions on which smartphone to invest in.
Why you should view buying smartphones as investments

The thing with technology is that there’s a steady transition or transformation; and with many companies forming part of the Android coalition, there’s always going to be price competition and a quicker devaluation of products. For instance, a Samsung flagship device with a Snapdragon 850 processor may find its match in Huawei device that’s probably going for a lesser price. The caveat is that if the Samsung device was released and purchased first, its resale value is likely to drop with the release of each equivalent device.

But then there is the Apple iPhone series, very much their own competition, especially among die-hard iPhone users. In fact, my belief is that android phones sell more units than iPhones because of price, of course, most iPhones are flagship devices, built to compete with the best phones in the market as at the time of their release. With longer software support, tailored software-hardware compatibility, the resale value of an iPhone rarely budges.
Why is this so?

For instance, the iPhone 7, released in September of 2016 with starting price at N168,000 (worst USD-NGN rates in 2016) for the 32gig version, presently sells at N75,000. That’s a 44% drop in value after 5 years. Although I didn’t take the present USD-Naira rates into consideration, there is no need when you remember that Samsung galaxy S7 was released in the same year, although in February and today goes for an average resale value of N40,000. Note that the galaxy S7 started at around N130,000 and that is about a 70% drop in value after 5 years.

Asides software support, premium components, and feel, perhaps other things like the iPhone being made by “Apple” makes its value die hard. And that’s why many Nigerians still flaunt their iPhone 6 after about 6 years of release. It would be quite interesting to know what your opinions or decisions would be after reading this. Would you rather spend huge money on that flagship android device which sells at about the same rate as its iPhone equivalent and lose money on the long run? Or would you rather buy a flagship apple device feel more financially secure when upgrading your device? Tell us in the comment section.

https://mediarants.com/why-should-i-buy-an-iphone

5 Likes

Re: Why Should I Buy An iPhone? by uncle212(m): 6:15pm On Mar 10, 2021
I believe one should buy a phone android or iPhone to meet your needs not for fancy or pride

9 Likes

Re: Why Should I Buy An iPhone? by uncle212(m): 6:15pm On Mar 10, 2021
I believe one should buy a phone android or iPhone to meet your needs not for fancy or pride.

1 Like

Re: Why Should I Buy An iPhone? by hoilakes(m): 10:03pm On Mar 10, 2021
Why do i need to break a bank before i use a phone, mostly the basic function of a mobile phone is to communicate, STORE... this iphone of a thing its even stressful for me... now in Nigeria either the phone is refurbished or new all these guys want to use it to oppress not mainly for the basic purpose again...

Thanks to other Phone brands like TECNO, Infinix, and the likes, the oppression would have been much to an unexplainable extent... With as moderate as 70k to 120k you will see better tecno with great features that can compete wella...

All is well

10 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Should I Buy An iPhone? by saratackit: 10:09pm On Mar 10, 2021
LOL, SERIOUSLY

This life isn't hard at all...

if you shoot a video with your iphone I shoot mine with my 4kV from Camon 64MP

If you Do slow mo I do Mine too

Play PUBG or COD
i Play PUBG or COD with my POVA without even skipping for secs.

Why should I be hungry while using a czy price phone when I can get a normal SMART phone that will do even more with a clean price ���

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Why Should I Buy An iPhone? by Nobody: 10:44pm On Mar 10, 2021
saratackit:
LOL, SERIOUSLY

Play PUBG or COD

Why should I be hungry while using a czy price phone when I can get a normal SMART phone that will do even more with a clean price ���

It's funny how you tried to compare Tecno aka TRASHno to iphone shocked

Some f0olishness are better kept to oneself. Yours inclusive.

6 Likes

Re: Why Should I Buy An iPhone? by Kvngfrosh(m): 11:31pm On Mar 10, 2021
saratackit:
LOL, SERIOUSLY

Play PUBG or COD

Do even more Lmao.
You must be joking �

1 Like

Re: Why Should I Buy An iPhone? by tecnolad(m): 1:33am On Mar 11, 2021
saratackit:
LOL, SERIOUSLY

Play PUBG or COD

Set your PubG to its highest graphics config and Play for 2 hours straight

Shoot a 4k video while walking fast on an uneven landscape

Do just these and we can talk.

3 Likes

Re: Why Should I Buy An iPhone? by Posts: 6:07am On Mar 11, 2021
use what you can afford

4 Likes

Re: Why Should I Buy An iPhone? by Telegram234(m): 6:45am On Mar 11, 2021
Kvngfrosh:
Do even more Lmao.
You must be joking �
Shebi phone is not only to say "Hello hello" and to do whatsapp, Facebook, Instagram and twitter finish nah, what else
Abeg I can't kill myself just to buy a phone, Even if I have the money, I can't buy iPhone, I will go for Google pixel series.

2 Likes

Re: Why Should I Buy An iPhone? by chariisGRACE(m): 7:16am On Mar 11, 2021
Most Nigerians use iPhone for the prestige...they don't know why they bought it - their head swells when they hear "na iPhone that brother dey use"

As for me and my family, Android shall we use.

7 Likes

Re: Why Should I Buy An iPhone? by Nobody: 7:17am On Mar 11, 2021
Telegram234:

Shebi phone is not only to say "Hello hello" and to do whatsapp, Facebook, Instagram and twitter finish nah, what else
Abeg I can't kill myself just to buy a phone, Even if I have the money, I can't buy iPhone, I will go for Google pixel series.
that is what you use phone for.....and that is your opinion.

but, don't compare yourself with other tech-savvy peeps....especially programmers, crypto, forex trade, g'boys, and other users.
Re: Why Should I Buy An iPhone? by chariisGRACE(m): 10:15am On Mar 11, 2021
Catfishing:

but, don't compare yourself with other tech-savvy peeps....especially programmers, crypto, forex trade, g'boys, and other users.

How G-boys take be tech-savvy?

1 Like

Re: Why Should I Buy An iPhone? by Nobody: 10:17am On Mar 11, 2021
chariisGRACE:

How G-boys take be tech-savvy?
Them sabi phone more than u....they dey research 4 best phone with better processor....u no bam atall!
Re: Why Should I Buy An iPhone? by creatorcurator: 11:14am On Mar 11, 2021
hoilakes:
Why do i need to break a bank before i use a phone, mostly the basic function of a mobile phone is to communicate, STORE... this iphone of a thing its even stressful for me... now in Nigeria either the phone is refurbished or new all these guys want to use it to oppress not mainly for the basic purpose again...

Thanks to other Phone brands like TECNO, Infinix, and the likes, the oppression would have been much to an unexplainable extent... With as moderate as 70k to 120k you will see better tecno with great features that can compete wella...

All is well

I get your point. But, truth is, people will always do with anything what they choose or want to with it. That doesn't make it the ideal or supposed use for it. I actually did not intend to undermine any phone brand, it's just comparing how durable each one and how they hold up and retain value over time.
Re: Why Should I Buy An iPhone? by RRodwave(m): 12:12pm On Mar 11, 2021
Catfishing:

grin
Re: Why Should I Buy An iPhone? by Katdaddy(m): 12:22pm On Mar 11, 2021
Sony Xperia L2 android phone for 35k

it doe not have any issues at all and works perfectly fine. location Kwara State. price is negotiabl. can be delivered to any state

Re: Why Should I Buy An iPhone? by chariisGRACE(m): 12:32pm On Mar 11, 2021
Catfishing:
Them sabi phone more than u....they dey research 4 best phone with better processor....u no bam atall!

Make I hear.
One of the reasons dem dey buy iPhone be say, to iPhone better pass Tecno & Infinix.True.

To them, the Android Eco system revolves around Transsion.

The main reason for their crave for iPhone is its camera prowess. To them, iPhone is the best when it comes to smartphone camera output. That is why some of them can compare an iPhone 6 camera to that of a Pixel - because na apple.
Re: Why Should I Buy An iPhone? by Chubbyface: 12:53pm On Mar 11, 2021
hoilakes:

All is well
my own is just that ppl should make do with what they can afford. Even if it's spark2, when time reach you go upgrade
Na so life be abeg

1 Like

Re: Why Should I Buy An iPhone? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Mar 11, 2021
chariisGRACE:

[s]Make I hear.
One of the reasons dem dey buy iPhone be say, to iPhone better pass Tecno & Infinix.True.

To them, the Android Eco system revolves around Transsion.

The main reason for their crave for iPhone is its camera prowess. To them, iPhone is the best when it comes to smartphone camera output. That is why some of them can compare an iPhone 6 camera to that of a Pixel - because na apple.

[/s]
Stop beating about the bush.....if they give u iphone 7plus and that ur tecno, which will u choose?
Re: Why Should I Buy An iPhone? by Chubbyface: 1:01pm On Mar 11, 2021
Catfishing:

simple truth, an iPhone can do what his phone does and he's satisfied with it. Shekinah
No dey insult ppl anyhow cos of their choices
Re: Why Should I Buy An iPhone? by chariisGRACE(m): 1:05pm On Mar 11, 2021
Catfishing:

Stop beating about the bush.....if they give u iphone 7plus and that ur tecno, which will u choose?

You sef no understand wetin I dey talk
Re: Why Should I Buy An iPhone? by Telegram234(m): 1:14pm On Mar 11, 2021
Catfishing:

U don't get my point.
I am doing graphics design works.
What I am trying to say that, I can't kill myself just to get phones like iPhones.
Just like as people can killing themselves just to get iPhone series, when they are other phones highly better than iPhone like Samsung, Huwai, Oppo, xiaomi and others.
Re: Why Should I Buy An iPhone? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Mar 11, 2021
saratackit:
LOL, SERIOUSLY

Play PUBG or COD

only ignorance causes it
thats why you see a girl using iphone 12
what for camera and facebook so what
happens to the 6gb ram or the high end
chipset in the device ⚫
Re: Why Should I Buy An iPhone? by Nobody: 1:16pm On Mar 11, 2021
chariisGRACE:

You sef no understand wetin I dey talk
u said iphone users luv it because of camera, and I asked if u will reject iphone for tecno.......because, to u iphone is only good at camera undecided
Re: Why Should I Buy An iPhone? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Mar 11, 2021
Chubbyface:
simple truth, [s]an iPhone can do what his phone does and he's satisfied with it.[/s] Shekinah
No dey insult ppl anyhow cos of their choices
Lies.....just like comparing intel core 11 to window 2000.
Re: Why Should I Buy An iPhone? by Nobody: 1:18pm On Mar 11, 2021

And all of you up there praising
 the sensless hype of iphone
 just know there are android phones
 way cheaper that can serve same 
 purpose⚫
Re: Why Should I Buy An iPhone? by Nobody: 1:21pm On Mar 11, 2021
Telegram234:

U don't get my point.
I am doing graphics design works.
What I am trying to say that, I can't kill myself just to get phones like iPhones.
Just like as people can killing themselves just to get iPhone series, when they are other phones highly better than iPhone like Samsung, Huwai, Oppo, xiaomi and others.
No cap....chop wetin ur pocket fit buy - make e be better thing o.
Re: Why Should I Buy An iPhone? by Telegram234(m): 1:29pm On Mar 11, 2021
Catfishing:
No cap....chop wetin ur pocket fit buy - make e be better thing o.
Na so nah.
I no fit kill myself

Re: Why Should I Buy An iPhone? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Mar 11, 2021
Telegram234:
Na so nah. I no fit kill myself
This meme grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Why Should I Buy An iPhone? by peacesampson(f): 3:00pm On Mar 11, 2021
uncle212:
I believe one should buy a phone android or iPhone to meet your needs not for fancy or pride
in addition financial ability
Re: Why Should I Buy An iPhone? by Symphony2: 3:40pm On Mar 11, 2021
uncle212:

Most blacks buy for pride especially Nigerian ladies

(1) (2) (Reply)

OPPO Reno 7 Unboxing, Microscope Camera And Full Review + Price (photos) / Do Airtel Have 3g In Nigeria / I Want To Download 2go In My Bb Q10 Help

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 60
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.