Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,740 members, 7,820,548 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 04:56 PM

Czech President Caught Stealing On Camera, says: "BUT, I AM IBO. . . " - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Czech President Caught Stealing On Camera, says: "BUT, I AM IBO. . . " (1128 Views)

A Worker Caught Stealing Foodstuffs At IDP Camp Borno (PICS) / . / Diezani Confesses: I Stepped On Big Toes, But I Never Commited Any Crime (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Czech President Caught Stealing On Camera, says: "BUT, I AM IBO. . . " by bkbabe97y(m): 10:21pm On Apr 12, 2011
Watch video in link below as Ukrainian President steals a pen on camera.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/yblog_thelookout/20110412/ts_yblog_thelookout/is-the-president-of-the-czech-republic-a-pen-stealer

Tue Apr 12, 12:23 pm ET
Is the president of the Czech Republic a pen stealer?
By Brett Michael Dykes
retweet
EmailPrint, By Brett Michael Dykes brett Michael Dykes – Tue Apr 12, 12:23 pm ET

As just about anyone who's ever worked in an office can attest, one of life's most festering annoyances are people who don't return pens that they borrow. Now it appears as though Czech Republic President Vaclav Klaus may be one of those people, and the citizens of the nation he rules over are none too pleased about it.

You see, Klaus, whose most notable prior controversy was probably his flat rejection of climate change science—a position that he even  appeared on Glenn Beck's show to tour—was caught on video coyly pocketing a ceremonial pen during a recent visit to Chile. What's more, the brazen stylus heist took place in full view of the media during a ceremony to announce a trade agreement. The video shows Klaus clearly admiring the pen, then slowly moving it into one of his jacket pockets as Chilean President Sebastian Pinera speaks to the assembled members of the media.

Now, Reuters is reporting that some Czech citizens are accusing Klaus of being a kleptomaniac. But the president's staffers claim that he had every right to take the pen—and that he was, in fact, acting entirely in line with established Czech state protocols. "We at the Prague Castle always give such a pen to delegations, along with a notepad," presidential spokesman Radim Ochvat told the news agency.

You can watch video of the incident, complete with graphics and a humorous soundtrack, below:

, Share.
.retweet.
.EmailPrint, Top Stories - The Lookout , 133 CommentsShow:  Newest FirstOldest FirstHighest RatedMost Replied    Post a Comment Comments 1 - 10 of 133
FirstPrevNextLast48 users liked this comment
Please sign in to rate this comment up.
Please sign in to rate this comment down. 1 users disliked this commentkokw 1 hour ago Report Abuse It's no funny that he took the pen, but rather how he took it, I was about to dispose of this article as silly, until I saw the video, it's hilarious the way he takes the pen, it's probally why it made it newsworthy.

Dear Chilean President, protect your wallet, hehehe, Replies (4) .38 users liked this comment
Please sign in to rate this comment down. 2 users disliked this commentRockCzar 19 minutes ago Report Abuse Politicians the world over are all pretty much the same. They rip off the ordinary citizen every day.Reply.54 users liked this comment
Please sign in to rate this comment down. 6 users disliked this commentSideburnz 1 hour ago Report Abuse Must be a slow news day, Replies (2) .8 users liked this comment
Please sign in to rate this comment down. 0 users disliked this commentJennifer 18 minutes ago Report Abuse I wish they'd steal more pens instead of everything elseReply.16 users liked this comment
Please sign in to rate this comment down. 2 users disliked this commentLeo 22 minutes ago Report Abuse This mystery has be solved,  Now I can relaxReply.28 users liked this comment
Please sign in to rate this comment down. 5 users disliked this commentMandy 1 hour ago Report Abuse The guy is a president. Think anybody expects him to give a pen back that he was using during some kind of international function? They dont give a @#$% if a president keeps one of their pens.Replies (3) .15 users liked this comment
Please sign in to rate this comment down. 2 users disliked this commentCarol S 37 minutes ago Report Abuse What's funny about it is that he was sneaky and he had a guilty look on his face as he was pocketing the pen. If he would have just taken the pen with the case and and put it into his jacket bosom pocket, where one normally keeps a pen, nobody would have thought twice about it because, really, it's just a pen for crying out loud.Reply.1 users liked this comment
Please sign in to rate this comment down. 0 users disliked this commentNavyKorpesMan 7 minutes ago Report Abuse One more example of Liberals bashing someone who disagrees with them,  so sad.Reply.1 users liked this comment
Please sign in to rate this comment down. 0 users disliked this commentHickman 7 minutes ago Report Abuse This is silly, the pen was a gift. The other guy has the same exact box with a pen in it, sitting on the table in front of him.Reply.1 users liked this comment
Please sign in to rate this comment down. 0 users disliked this commentSue Nommie 19 minutes ago Report Abuse "Vacav The Klepto"! BwahahahahahaReply, Comments 1 - 10 of 133
FirstPrevNextLastPost a Comment
Sign in to post a comment, or Sign up for a free account. .Follow The Lookout on TwitterSubscribe: Add to My! Yahoo |
RSS Feed Featured Stories

What we talk about when we talk about raising taxes
Zachary Roth, April 12, 12:05 pm ET .
Convicted felon claims he owns 50% of Facebook
Brett Michael Dykes, April 12, 3:15 pm ET .
Spending cuts to hit health, environment, education and more
Zachary Roth, April 12, 1:50 pm ET .
More from The Lookout »
.Meet The Lookout Team
Zachary Roth, Senior National Affairs Reporter
Posts | Email | Twitter | RSS . Brett Michael Dykes, National Affairs Reporter
Posts | Email | Twitter | RSS . Liz Goodwin, National Affairs Reporter
Posts | Email | Twitter | RSS .Editor: Chris Lehmann
.News Blogs

(1) (Reply)

Nigeria-ghana Trade Hits $620m / Witches And Wizards Association Of Nigeria. / Politicians Rally Against Ondo Governor's Second Term Bid.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.