Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,065 members, 7,810,972 topics. Date: Saturday, 27 April 2024 at 07:47 PM

Enugu Government Takes Delivery Of COVID-19 Vaccines - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Enugu Government Takes Delivery Of COVID-19 Vaccines (5557 Views)

Yellow Fever Cause Of Unusual Deaths In Enugu Ezike - Enugu Government / Male Nurse Takes Delivery Of Baby With Cord Around The Neck In Keke Napep (Pics) / Enugu Government Completes Udi District Hospital (pictures) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Enugu Government Takes Delivery Of COVID-19 Vaccines by ebukajay184: 7:08pm On Mar 10, 2021
Enugu govt takes delivery of COVID-19 vaccines

…Assures effective administration

Enugu State Government alongside Ebonyi and Anambra states, on Wednesday, took delivery of the first batch of Oxford-AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines from the National Primary Health Care Development Agency (NPHCDA), at the Akanu Ibiam International Airport, Enugu, IgbereTV reports.

The vaccines for Enugu State, which arrived the Enugu airport at about 2:50pm, through Allied Air, were received on behalf of the state government by the Commissioner for Health, Dr. Emmanuel Ikechukwu Obi, the Permanent Secretary of the Ministry, Dr. Ifeanyi Agujiobi, the Executive Secretary, Enugu State Primary Healthcare Development Agency, Dr. George Ugwu, and heads of Development Partners in the state, such as World Health Organization (WHO) and UNICEF, among others.

Speaking to newsmen, the Enugu State Health Commissioner, Dr. Obi, said that the state government feels highly delighted that the long-awaited vaccines have arrived the state.

Dr. Obi said that the state’s health sector is grateful to the Federal Government, its agencies especially the NPHCDA, the Enugu State government, its Development Partners, and all those that have made it possible, stressing that “seeing and touching is believing”.

He stressed that it was a thing of joy that one of the measures for stemming the tide of COVID-19 has arrived Enugu State, adding that “the contingents to receive Enugu State’s vaccines are all on ground”.

The Health Commissioner therefore encouraged the people of Enugu State that “this is real; this is a measure against COVID-19; it is here to stay and our people should embrace these measures that are being used to stem the tide of COVID-19”.

Disclosing that the Enugu State government has provided the needed logistics for administering the vaccines, such as health personnel, security and storage facilities, the Commissioner advised residents of the state not to relent in strictly observing other precautionary measures for the containment of the pandemic such as use of facemasks, washing of hands with soap and running water and observing of social distancing.

He revealed that vaccination will take place in four phases, explaining that the first phase will be administered effectively to health frontline workers, elderly people with underlying illnesses, and some key stakeholders in the state, among others “as already identified and announced in the news”.

Dr. Obi assured that all those who are qualified to receive the vaccines will be vaccinated at the end of the four phases, pointing out that “it is free of charge”.

Also speaking, the Executive Secretary of Enugu State Primary Health Care Development Agency, Dr. Ugwu, reassured that the agency is ready and has the necessary cool-chain equipment to deliver the vaccines to the citizens of the state.
https://www.facebook.com/219622205177206/posts/1145438485928902/?app=fbl

Re: Enugu Government Takes Delivery Of COVID-19 Vaccines by ebukajay184: 7:13pm On Mar 10, 2021
More

Re: Enugu Government Takes Delivery Of COVID-19 Vaccines by Henix(m): 7:15pm On Mar 10, 2021
I don't think an average Igbo man will embrace this vaccine, this is because most of them don't really believe that COVID-19 is real

8 Likes

Re: Enugu Government Takes Delivery Of COVID-19 Vaccines by Hopeforlife(f): 8:13pm On Mar 10, 2021
Good
Re: Enugu Government Takes Delivery Of COVID-19 Vaccines by AFONJACOW(m): 8:14pm On Mar 10, 2021
Send it to buhari village his cows need it most

7 Likes

Re: Enugu Government Takes Delivery Of COVID-19 Vaccines by binaie(m): 8:15pm On Mar 10, 2021
nice
Re: Enugu Government Takes Delivery Of COVID-19 Vaccines by amgrateful: 8:19pm On Mar 10, 2021
Good one
Re: Enugu Government Takes Delivery Of COVID-19 Vaccines by NwaNimo1(m): 8:21pm On Mar 10, 2021
Re: Enugu Government Takes Delivery Of COVID-19 Vaccines by IgboWarlord(m): 8:24pm On Mar 10, 2021
Henix:
I don't think an average Igbo man will embrace this vaccine, this is because most of them don't really believe that COVID-19 is real

Average Igbo man or average Nigerian?

5 Likes

Re: Enugu Government Takes Delivery Of COVID-19 Vaccines by Tonymegabush1(m): 8:25pm On Mar 10, 2021
Ok... Hope it wnt end up in the mrkt
Re: Enugu Government Takes Delivery Of COVID-19 Vaccines by dignity33: 8:28pm On Mar 10, 2021
Nigeria don't seem to amaze me the same Astrazenica vaccine South African regect for not being effective is what Nigeria embraced. No wonder Buhari government is quick on sending it to South East

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Government Takes Delivery Of COVID-19 Vaccines by PotatoSalad(m): 8:40pm On Mar 10, 2021
Everything they must snap pics
Re: Enugu Government Takes Delivery Of COVID-19 Vaccines by FlamesD: 8:51pm On Mar 10, 2021
Why rushing to send it to the east?? The east was among the last states to receive palliative at the pick of the pandemic.. Why am I having the feeling that something is not right here

6 Likes

Re: Enugu Government Takes Delivery Of COVID-19 Vaccines by ny1234: 9:01pm On Mar 10, 2021
Any one lining up to take the COVID19 vaccine due to media propaganda should know that government is not liable to any harm done as a result of this vaccine.

Astrazeneca COVID19 vaccine currently in circulation in Nigeria have been rejected by countries like Austria due to harm. Open link below for details

https://uk.news.yahoo.com/amphtml/austria-suspends-astrazeneca-covid-19-113241987.html

May God save Nigeria
Re: Enugu Government Takes Delivery Of COVID-19 Vaccines by Banmeallday: 9:03pm On Mar 10, 2021
FlamesD:
Why rushing to send it to the east?? The east was among the last states to receive palliative at the pick of the pandemic.. Why am I having the feeling that something is not right here

Because it is obviously a One World Government....do you know your governors dont even know what Covid stands for, they are given directives through British High Commission to say “Social Distance”....”We will get through this together”.....”we must rebuild”.... “take your second dose”......

Words and phrases alien to them that they dont even know because all they know is allocation and Dubai.......and fear of Fulani.....

Go with your senses...they do not lie

2 Likes

Re: Enugu Government Takes Delivery Of COVID-19 Vaccines by bigtt76(f): 9:04pm On Mar 10, 2021
Funny how no one is stating how many doses the various state governments are getting undecided

ebukajay184:

https://www.facebook.com/219622205177206/posts/1145438485928902/?app=fbl
Re: Enugu Government Takes Delivery Of COVID-19 Vaccines by FlamesD: 9:09pm On Mar 10, 2021
Because it is obviously a One World Government....do you know your governors dont even know what Covid stands for, they are given directives through British High Commission to say “Social Distance”....”We will get through this together”.....”we must rebuild”.... “take your second dose”......

Words and phrases alien to them that they dont even know because all they know is allocation and Dubai.......and fear of Fulani.....

Go with your senses...they do not lie

For the one world order, I can't say. But I wish the producers/manufacturers of these vaccines should first take it while we in Africa would follow.
Re: Enugu Government Takes Delivery Of COVID-19 Vaccines by Funkebi: 9:23pm On Mar 10, 2021
amgrateful:
was your problem is any new account is space booking

Celestine nwankwo the wheelchair scammer, I can't wait for you to drop your account number so I can report you to the credit bureau. Good luck trying to send, withdraw or receive money after that. Don't say you weren't warned.

1 Like

Re: Enugu Government Takes Delivery Of COVID-19 Vaccines by BLoomfrancs(m): 10:34pm On Mar 10, 2021
This zoo country called Nigeria is just so laughable. Palliatives came, they were stowed away in warehouses, out of the discerning reach of the hungry population. Now, these same idiotic leaders; sorry, rulers I mean to say–are now telling the foolish monkeys that they have been fooling since God knows when how important it is to get vaccinated. You never told them how being given some stipend or palliative, as the sorry case may be, is necessary. Why don't you lock the vaccines in the same warehouses? OH, my country people when will you stop being monkeys?! Chai!
Re: Enugu Government Takes Delivery Of COVID-19 Vaccines by doctor306(m): 10:40pm On Mar 10, 2021
FlamesD:

My thought exactly

Anyway since I didn’t contact it while taking NIN and during the protest notn Dey happen .
Re: Enugu Government Takes Delivery Of COVID-19 Vaccines by MrNipplesLover(m): 11:26pm On Mar 10, 2021
As Buhari don take the injection, him no waste time, quickly send it down to other states make e no be only him go die from the injection.

Baba no wan die alone, him must carry him governors along.

Wise man. smiley
Re: Enugu Government Takes Delivery Of COVID-19 Vaccines by thejda(m): 11:33pm On Mar 10, 2021
dignity33:
Nigeria don't seem to amaze me the same Astrazenica vaccine South African regect for not being effective is what Nigeria embraced. No wonder Buhari government is quick on sending it to South East

They have a different variant in SA
https://www.nytimes.com/2021/02/07/world/africa/covid-vaccine-astrazeneca-south-africa.html
Re: Enugu Government Takes Delivery Of COVID-19 Vaccines by Nobody: 11:40pm On Mar 10, 2021
okay!!
Re: Enugu Government Takes Delivery Of COVID-19 Vaccines by Miracle1991: 12:12pm On Mar 11, 2021
FlamesD:

childish. The CDC is chaired by an igbo man.
Nobody force you or your parents to take it, if you don't want it let people that want it participate.
At least make use of that small brain before opening your mouth. Opposition is not madness.
Re: Enugu Government Takes Delivery Of COVID-19 Vaccines by Choosing(f): 2:36pm On Mar 11, 2021
alot of people are still skeptical about this vaccine

(1) (Reply)

Can I Make My Eyes White? / Extracorporeal Shock Wave Lithotripsy- Non Surgical Kidney Stone Removal / Herbal Medicine For Any Types Of Eyes Problems

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.