Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,999 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 03:10 AM

Why Is Wole Soyinka Silent On These Free And Fair Elections? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Why Is Wole Soyinka Silent On These Free And Fair Elections? (9523 Views)

Fuel Scarcity: APC Asks Kachikwu To Resign, Silent On Buhari The Oil Minister / Is Wole Olanipekun The Best Lawyer In Nigeria / Presidency Silent On Patience Jonathans Whereabouts (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply) (Go Down)

Why Is Wole Soyinka Silent On These Free And Fair Elections? by Rossikk(m): 12:27am On Apr 13, 2011
One would have thought that as a concerned citizen quick to criticise the PDP govt at every turn, he would for once praise them for overseeing a free and fair, transparent election - the first truly genuine elections in the country's history.

He was on Al Jazeera the other day telling Riz Khan that nothing good could ever come out of a PDP-led government.

So it's perhaps understandable that he would be silent during this moment of joy and pride for the nation.

My advice to him is to swallow his pride, and show some magnanimity.

Thanks.
Re: Why Is Wole Soyinka Silent On These Free And Fair Elections? by ksoul1: 11:53am On Apr 13, 2011
What do you understand by free and fair election, is it election with PDP rigging machine or voting till 12am midnight with fake ballot papers? please explain what you mean by free and fair election.
Re: Why Is Wole Soyinka Silent On These Free And Fair Elections? by seye4nii(f): 11:58am On Apr 13, 2011
he was @ Tinubu;s resident on sunday congratulating Remi its a surprise oooooo
Re: Why Is Wole Soyinka Silent On These Free And Fair Elections? by Orikinla(m): 12:00pm On Apr 13, 2011
[size=28pt]Kongi has already said the PDP has nothing to offer Nigeria. And commended Nuhu Ribadu.[/size]

[size=28pt]Why do you people fail to read?[/size]
Re: Why Is Wole Soyinka Silent On These Free And Fair Elections? by ziccoit: 12:03pm On Apr 13, 2011
FREE and FAIR only in SW. This election is a total rubbish in other region.
Re: Why Is Wole Soyinka Silent On These Free And Fair Elections? by chinaaman(f): 12:04pm On Apr 13, 2011
Wole Soyinka is a cultist  so he will never tell the truth. He is angry because PDP has not given him any job since his last Road Safety Job. His name is not among the President advice council you know ? this are the reasons.
Re: Why Is Wole Soyinka Silent On These Free And Fair Elections? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Apr 13, 2011
He's probably waiting for the outcome of the presidential election which is synonymous with ''do or die '' .
chinaaman:

Wole Soyinka is a cultist  so he will never tell the truth. He is angry because PDP has not given him any job since his last Road Safety Job. His name is not among the President advice council you know ? this is the reason.

Where did they release you from ? Yaba or Aro ?
Re: Why Is Wole Soyinka Silent On These Free And Fair Elections? by chinaaman(f): 12:11pm On Apr 13, 2011
Yaba or Aro is your second home so you know better
Re: Why Is Wole Soyinka Silent On These Free And Fair Elections? by nagoma(m): 12:12pm On Apr 13, 2011
The Poet Laureate has been fair to PDP although he had pointed out the injustices and corruption of the OBJ government innumerable times. His peak performance however was to ensure power tranfer to GEJ when his former boss Yar Adua was indisposed and unavailable. There is no reason for him or for anybody to endorse PDP now. We hope that the election continues peacefully but we had bombings and people died , the PDP government has not and from its records we can say cannot fish out the culprits and provide justice. The loorry loads of illegal presidential ballot papers crisss crossing the country at night are hushed up in some circles - who owns them? who are they meant for ? the PDP government should tell us - the electorate.

It is too early to praise anybody - even if they had good reputation.
Re: Why Is Wole Soyinka Silent On These Free And Fair Elections? by akinnux(m): 12:14pm On Apr 13, 2011
Must the referred Emeritus Professor contribute to every national issue? He has his right to siddon look.
Re: Why Is Wole Soyinka Silent On These Free And Fair Elections? by ideylaff: 12:18pm On Apr 13, 2011
What do you understand by free and fair election, is it election with PDP rigging machine or voting till 12am midnight with fake ballot papers? please explain what you mean by free and fair election.

GBAM

The evil PDP do will live after them and den chase dem to their early graves.

4 every money collecting Electoral Officer, the more problems I pray on them 1 by 1, Wicked souls who sell their rights for a bowl of porridge
Re: Why Is Wole Soyinka Silent On These Free And Fair Elections? by Nobody: 12:41pm On Apr 13, 2011
chinaaman:

Wole Soyinka is a cultist so he will never tell the truth. He is angry because PDP has not given him any job since his last Road Safety Job. His name is not among the President advice council you know ? this are the reasons.

What do you understand by the word "CULTIST?" dont give a dog a bad name just to hang it. (no pun intended)
Re: Why Is Wole Soyinka Silent On These Free And Fair Elections? by fstranger3(m): 12:41pm On Apr 13, 2011
Why is Chinua Achebe silent?
Re: Why Is Wole Soyinka Silent On These Free And Fair Elections? by Nobody: 12:49pm On Apr 13, 2011
fstranger3:

Why is Chinua Achebe silent?
Abi o !
Re: Why Is Wole Soyinka Silent On These Free And Fair Elections? by Nobody: 12:54pm On Apr 13, 2011
Why is Maurice Iwu silent?
Re: Why Is Wole Soyinka Silent On These Free And Fair Elections? by aribisala0(m): 1:00pm On Apr 13, 2011
everyone is silent except the hissing TT
Re: Why Is Wole Soyinka Silent On These Free And Fair Elections? by aribisala0(m): 1:01pm On Apr 13, 2011
i am hissing
Re: Why Is Wole Soyinka Silent On These Free And Fair Elections? by Kilode1: 1:04pm On Apr 13, 2011
Why is Ghaddafi silent?
Re: Why Is Wole Soyinka Silent On These Free And Fair Elections? by Nobody: 1:05pm On Apr 13, 2011
Why is Obasanjo not laughing?
Re: Why Is Wole Soyinka Silent On These Free And Fair Elections? by fstranger3(m): 1:09pm On Apr 13, 2011
Kilode?!:

Why is Ghaddafi silent?
grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

Why is Mugabe, and Idi Amin, silent?

[flash=400,400]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0-cpL--0AQA?fs=1&hl=en_US[/flash]
Re: Why Is Wole Soyinka Silent On These Free And Fair Elections? by fstranger3(m): 1:11pm On Apr 13, 2011
OP: Why is your father silent?
Re: Why Is Wole Soyinka Silent On These Free And Fair Elections? by Kilode1: 1:12pm On Apr 13, 2011
^I was just wondering why Puff Daddy is silent too. why?
Re: Why Is Wole Soyinka Silent On These Free And Fair Elections? by fstranger3(m): 1:14pm On Apr 13, 2011
^^^

Why is Fifty-cent silent?

I no fit shout ooooooo grin
Re: Why Is Wole Soyinka Silent On These Free And Fair Elections? by Nobody: 1:15pm On Apr 13, 2011
Why is jonathan silent too ?
Re: Why Is Wole Soyinka Silent On These Free And Fair Elections? by fstranger3(m): 1:16pm On Apr 13, 2011
Why is Bluetooth silent?
Re: Why Is Wole Soyinka Silent On These Free And Fair Elections? by Kilode1: 1:18pm On Apr 13, 2011
Why is Becomrich silent?
Re: Why Is Wole Soyinka Silent On These Free And Fair Elections? by ragdollz: 1:19pm On Apr 13, 2011
Obama sef, why is HE silent?? "All I wanna say is, they don't really care about us"
Re: Why Is Wole Soyinka Silent On These Free And Fair Elections? by Nobody: 1:20pm On Apr 13, 2011
shocked
fstranger3:

Why is Bluetooth silent?
no

I have been lavving all these while. . .

grin grin grin
Re: Why Is Wole Soyinka Silent On These Free And Fair Elections? by Kilode1: 1:21pm On Apr 13, 2011
I'm really worried about Osama bin ladin's silence. why?
Re: Why Is Wole Soyinka Silent On These Free And Fair Elections? by Nobody: 1:24pm On Apr 13, 2011
Kilode?!:

why is seun also silent ?
Re: Why Is Wole Soyinka Silent On These Free And Fair Elections? by fstranger3(m): 1:24pm On Apr 13, 2011
Kilode?!:

I am more worried that Ayman Muhammad Rabaie al-Zawahiri hasnt said anything?
Re: Why Is Wole Soyinka Silent On These Free And Fair Elections? by Builder: 1:26pm On Apr 13, 2011
Why is Arsene Wenger silent

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (Reply)

I'm Disappointed In Buhari I Just Bought A Shoe With Made In Biafra In Kano-pics / Number Of Times Trump Mentioned Biafra In His Inaugural Speech / What Is The Offence Of People Of Oyigbo LGA In Rivers State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.