Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,144 members, 7,953,527 topics. Date: Thursday, 19 September 2024 at 06:07 PM

Despite This, Sheik Gumi Is Asking We Negotiate With Bandits. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Despite This, Sheik Gumi Is Asking We Negotiate With Bandits. (211 Views)

Femi Fani-Kayode: Sheik Gumi Is a venomous snake, Worse Than Shekau & Al Barnawi / Insecurity: Shiekh Gumi Is A Front For Bandits, Arrest Him Now – Fani-kayode / Atiku, Osita Chidoka, Oyedepo, Kukah, Sheik Gumi Inside Atiku's Jet (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Despite This, Sheik Gumi Is Asking We Negotiate With Bandits. by Amaechi2023(m): 7:38am On Mar 11, 2021
Bunch of elements who go ahead destroying people's house and properties are people sheik gumi is asking us to Negotiate with.
is that man sane?

To be honest, even when the process of negotiation was being advised, I recommended or agreed to it. I have attended one meeting where the bandits were there and I cannot imagine myself as a state governor and chief security officer of a state, sitting down and negotiating with bandits.
“They have never been honest in their talks even when they were given the opportunity they failed to keep the agreement. And whenever they will surrender their arms and they don’t ask anything in return, then you can tell it is not an honest negotiation because, someone that is used to carrying arms to go and rob is now telling you he will drop his arms without asking for anything in return, I don’t think there is any sincerity in that.
“So, I have never subscribed to that negotiation. In any case, the bandits are mostly Fulanis that have no one to control them even their parents cannot control them. We call them bandits but these are common criminals, they are armed robbers.
this are the words of Gov Sani Bello of Niger state.

it's not as though his state is worst hit by this activities but yet the governor of zamfara who has over and over again been hit by this thieves or better still over equiped common criminals is still calling for peaceful resolution despite they the bandits uncountable number of times betraying this agreement.

I repeat again why on Earth would a sane governor insist on repeated failed strategy?
Re: Despite This, Sheik Gumi Is Asking We Negotiate With Bandits. by Amaechi2023(m): 7:46am On Mar 11, 2021
It's high time we wake up to the crisis at hand.
in the words of governor sani bello it is clear this bandits are mostly FULANI by tribe.
I can understand it's very painful to a good fulani man that this set of people are predominantly from his tribe or clan..
but it's high time you create distance from them.
those bandits no dey look face oo, Even innocent herders are not being soared by their activities.
countless number of times, their cows are being stolen in kaduna state, that for sure I can testify.
Re: Despite This, Sheik Gumi Is Asking We Negotiate With Bandits. by duro4chang(m): 7:54am On Mar 11, 2021
I observe that the northerners always condone irregularities until it gets out of hand.
Re: Despite This, Sheik Gumi Is Asking We Negotiate With Bandits. by theBLOODofJESUS(f): 9:51am On Mar 11, 2021
Sheikh Gumi talks too much. Such a pity. No sane leader will negotiate with criminals. That's one reason I like El-rufai. He'll never support such.

(1) (Reply)

Hoodlums Invade Ekiti LG, Beat Up Workers / Lagos Police, Emergency And Area Command Numbers Save Yours / Ondo Youth Group Passes Vote Of No Confidence On Senator Borrofice

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.