Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,601 members, 7,809,185 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 03:40 AM

Aba By-Election: APGA Crisis Deepens as Ichita Withdraws Over Threat to Life - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Aba By-Election: APGA Crisis Deepens as Ichita Withdraws Over Threat to Life (7463 Views)

Anambra Guber 2021: Obiano Seeks Alliance With APC As APGA Crisis Festers / Aba By-Election: APC Already Rigging The Poll In All Units - Chimaobi Ebisike / Governor Ikpeazu Reacts To The Killing Of Keke Rider In Aba By Soldiers (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Aba By-Election: APGA Crisis Deepens as Ichita Withdraws Over Threat to Life by Citizenshelm: 2:10pm On Mar 11, 2021
The crisis rocking the All Progressive Grand Alliance (APGA) in Abia state took a turn for the worse on Tuesday following the withdrawal of Hon. Obinna Ichita from the forthcoming Aba North/South Federal Constituency by-election,Igbere TV reports.

The by-election is occasioned by the vacuum created by the death of former lawmaker representing the Constituency, Hon. Ossy Prestige of APGA. Ichita is member representing Aba South State Constituency in the Abia State House of Assembly. His withdrawal from the race came few hours to the commencement of the party's primaries.

Although Ichita cited “high level of bitterness in our politics” as the reason for his action barely 72 hours after obtaining the nomination form, Igbere TV however reliably gathered that the lawmaker took the action over alleged threat to life.

He had hinged his withdrawal from the race on “the events of the previous days”, which he said “have revealed a lot: the level of bitterness in our politics”, subtly giving credence to the alleged threats to life.

Hon. Obinna Ichita further insisted that he was withdrawing from the APGA primary election “based on the advise of my immediate family and my close associates.”

However, a source close to the Campaign Organisation, who spoke to Igbere TV on the condition of anonymity, said the real reason behind Ichita's sudden decision to withdraw was to save his life.

The source alleged that Ichita has been receiving several threats to his life, following his formal declaration to contest the Aba North/South House of Repsʼ by-election race.

When questioned further on whether he had any idea who could be behind the said threats, the source said he believes the threats are coming from the camp of the other faction of the party.

“The threats on the life of Hon. Ichita is obviously the work of the other divide. I believe they are trying to kill him just so they can fully take over the party structure in the state for themselves.”

APGA, after the widely celebrated exit of its former Governorship candidate and party leader, Dr. Alex Otti, became a factionalized party in Abia State.

Otti, a former Managing Director/Chief Executive Officer of the defunct Diamond Bank had dumped the party for the ruling All Progressives Congress (APC), taking along with him the major pillars of the party and over half of it's membership.

Until his exit, Otti was considered as the backbone of the APGA in Abia state, and one of the top and major financiers in South East.

Following the demise of Hon. Ossy Prestige, Ichita believes that he can take the place of Alex Otti being one the few elected member of the party at the Abia State House of Assembly, but the other faction thinks otherwise.

An impeccable source in the Ichita camp vowed that the faction would go at any length to frustrate the preferred candidate of the other APGA faction, Akaraka at the polls.

“Akaraka is a greenhorn who could not win ordinary State Assembly election during the last general election. How he plans to win a federal seat without the support of Hon. Ichita is all we want to see. We are watching keenly,” the source added.

https://igberetvnews.com/1384643/aba-election-apga-crisis-deepens-aspirant-withdraws-threat-life/

Re: Aba By-Election: APGA Crisis Deepens as Ichita Withdraws Over Threat to Life by fulaniHERDSman(m): 2:18pm On Mar 11, 2021
Thieves ... U will think they are contesting to serve.

5 Likes

Re: Aba By-Election: APGA Crisis Deepens as Ichita Withdraws Over Threat to Life by adesegun121(m): 2:22pm On Mar 11, 2021
Ok
Re: Aba By-Election: APGA Crisis Deepens as Ichita Withdraws Over Threat to Life by slawormiir: 2:23pm On Mar 11, 2021
Damnnn niggarrrr
Isoright
Re: Aba By-Election: APGA Crisis Deepens as Ichita Withdraws Over Threat to Life by Chiminemine(m): 2:23pm On Mar 11, 2021
And he witdrew? Mehn stuff like this don't scare me at all... And I can see is nothing but SCARE TACTICS....his opponents are just trying to scare him away may be because they think he would win..IF it was me ehnnn, I would still contest, but I go make sure say i go buy one better PUMP ACTION and AK47 keep for my house.. and also take it with me anywhere I am going.

2 Likes

Re: Aba By-Election: APGA Crisis Deepens as Ichita Withdraws Over Threat to Life by Chimaokigwe: 2:25pm On Mar 11, 2021
I don't know why they keep behaving like savages in that dark, desolate and backward state. Their own things are always somehow. It is like all demons formed a committee and swore for them.

2 Likes

Re: Aba By-Election: APGA Crisis Deepens as Ichita Withdraws Over Threat to Life by Cachetdotng: 2:26pm On Mar 11, 2021
Politics of Nigeria grin

*Attend a Free Web Design Seminar organized by CDS, you'll be taught the procedures of Web Development under 2 hours. Free WiFi is also available but students are expected to come with their laptops, and we can only admit a maximum of 10 students at once due to the Covid-19 Pandemic. Call the number in signature below....

1 Like

Re: Aba By-Election: APGA Crisis Deepens as Ichita Withdraws Over Threat to Life by ObiOfOnistha: 2:26pm On Mar 11, 2021
Politics of discord and greediness
Re: Aba By-Election: APGA Crisis Deepens as Ichita Withdraws Over Threat to Life by merits(m): 2:28pm On Mar 11, 2021
winkThis is crazy!!! Focus on the three colored dots on the girl nose for 30 seconds without blinking.then look up to the ceiling and blink fast.did you see girl?

1 Like

Re: Aba By-Election: APGA Crisis Deepens as Ichita Withdraws Over Threat to Life by slivertongue: 2:28pm On Mar 11, 2021
over to PDP and others
Re: Aba By-Election: APGA Crisis Deepens as Ichita Withdraws Over Threat to Life by TroubleMaker47(m): 2:28pm On Mar 11, 2021
Sad!
Re: Aba By-Election: APGA Crisis Deepens as Ichita Withdraws Over Threat to Life by Cchhaassee: 2:30pm On Mar 11, 2021
This is getting interesting.
Re: Aba By-Election: APGA Crisis Deepens as Ichita Withdraws Over Threat to Life by Chiminemine(m): 2:32pm On Mar 11, 2021
merits:
winkThis is crazy!!! Focus on the three colored dots on the girl nose for 30 seconds without blinking.then look up to the ceiling and blink fast.did you see girl?
guy, is it one oyinbo woman that looks as if one part of her face is covered by her hair? And is also smiling?
Re: Aba By-Election: APGA Crisis Deepens as Ichita Withdraws Over Threat to Life by moorevic(m): 2:35pm On Mar 11, 2021
Chiminemine:
And he witdrew? Mehn stuff like this don't scare me at all... And I can see is nothing but SCARE TACTICS....his opponents are just trying to scare him away may be because they think he would win..IF it was me ehnnn, I would still contest, but I go make sure say i go buy one better PUMP ACTION and AK47 keep for my house.. and also take it with me anywhere I am going.
And your family?
Re: Aba By-Election: APGA Crisis Deepens as Ichita Withdraws Over Threat to Life by eMJPossibility(m): 2:46pm On Mar 11, 2021
if you aren't fit for this game called politics in Nigeria please pack your bags and leave ASAP

Call me to order
If I'm not making sense
Thank you

1 Like

Re: Aba By-Election: APGA Crisis Deepens as Ichita Withdraws Over Threat to Life by Gerig: 2:54pm On Mar 11, 2021
Politics in this country, is not for everyone. embarassed

1 Like

Re: Aba By-Election: APGA Crisis Deepens as Ichita Withdraws Over Threat to Life by Faithful1234(m): 2:58pm On Mar 11, 2021
political science.

1 Like

Re: Aba By-Election: APGA Crisis Deepens as Ichita Withdraws Over Threat to Life by GreaterFuture(m): 3:02pm On Mar 11, 2021
No Unity anywhere, even in the smallest Communities.

1 Like

Re: Aba By-Election: APGA Crisis Deepens as Ichita Withdraws Over Threat to Life by brosom(m): 3:40pm On Mar 11, 2021
Chiminemine:
Can u listing to ur self?, one thing is to talk and another is to do. you think he has not weigh other options more than what u wrote? its not easy as u think ok..
Re: Aba By-Election: APGA Crisis Deepens as Ichita Withdraws Over Threat to Life by garfield1: 3:44pm On Mar 11, 2021
slivertongue:
over to PDP and others

Shey I said the apga candidate is weak
Re: Aba By-Election: APGA Crisis Deepens as Ichita Withdraws Over Threat to Life by garfield1: 3:45pm On Mar 11, 2021
slivertongue:
over to PDP and others

Shey I said the apga candidate is weak ?
Re: Aba By-Election: APGA Crisis Deepens as Ichita Withdraws Over Threat to Life by InventTech: 3:47pm On Mar 11, 2021
Obinna Ichitta, I do know him personally in UNN before he moved to Germany. Smart, eloquent and mentally sound.
It's all for the best. the latter would be better.
Re: Aba By-Election: APGA Crisis Deepens as Ichita Withdraws Over Threat to Life by garfield1: 3:49pm On Mar 11, 2021
I want to know who the winner of pdp primaries is.I hope its not hon uzo azubuike..cc fergie001
Re: Aba By-Election: APGA Crisis Deepens as Ichita Withdraws Over Threat to Life by Doncyn(f): 3:51pm On Mar 11, 2021
No body should mind dat man obinna ichita,he is a Fraud,an impersonator,and selfish guy.all of us are indigenes of aba and he cannot come here and talk cook nd book story.. claiming saint.a man dat robberd his own people claiming to be somebody else.he is not worthy to b Dere..d man akaraka is far more better than him...no body has threatened him, believe me...o bu onye ganji....
Re: Aba By-Election: APGA Crisis Deepens as Ichita Withdraws Over Threat to Life by garfield1: 3:54pm On Mar 11, 2021
InventTech:
Obinna Ichitta, I do know him personally.
That year in UNN, before moving to Germany.
Smart, eloquent and mentally sound.

It's all for the best, the latter would be better.

He would have been the best option alongside late ossy's wife
Re: Aba By-Election: APGA Crisis Deepens as Ichita Withdraws Over Threat to Life by Odidigboigbo(m): 5:10pm On Mar 11, 2021
Obinna Ichita is a young man, which should be in his late thirties. He is hon. Ossy Prestige godson. I doubt if he can fits into late Ossy Prestige's Shoe, though he is eloquent and stubborn back then in UNN. But I doubt if he has financial muscle that is required in Nigeria party politics.
Re: Aba By-Election: APGA Crisis Deepens as Ichita Withdraws Over Threat to Life by Brainardc(m): 5:44pm On Mar 11, 2021
Since he's already occupying a position, why not leave the federal for Hon. Akaraka?
Re: Aba By-Election: APGA Crisis Deepens as Ichita Withdraws Over Threat to Life by slivertongue: 7:29pm On Mar 11, 2021
garfield1:

Shey I said the apga candidate is weak ?

most politicians start from the position of weakness so nothing is new. d electorate has d final say

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Aba By-Election: APGA Crisis Deepens as Ichita Withdraws Over Threat to Life by garfield1: 8:28pm On Mar 11, 2021
slivertongue:

most politicians start from the position of weakness so nothing is new. d electorate has d final say

Stop deceiving yourself.in such an election,you put your best.as you can see,apga in abia is highly divided so no chance for them
Re: Aba By-Election: APGA Crisis Deepens as Ichita Withdraws Over Threat to Life by slivertongue: 8:51pm On Mar 11, 2021
garfield1:

Stop deceiving yourself.in such an election,you put your best.as you can see,apga in abia is highly divided so no chance for them

the choice isnt urs but electorates who can decide to elect a newbie, or unpopular character or a nonentity or someone with NEPA BILL as certificate.

(1) (2) (Reply)

The Road To Recover Nigeria From Our Number One Problem - Oyewole Michael / Best Country In Africa / I’m A Radical Governor - Okorocha

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 31
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.