Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,640 members, 7,813,145 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 07:46 AM

500k Job Vs 330k Job, Pls Advice Me - Career - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Career / 500k Job Vs 330k Job, Pls Advice Me (821 Views)

Job Of 130k On The Mainland Or Job Of 330k On The Island (please Advise Me) / Should I Resign From This Job? Pls Help Me / N85k Bank Contract Staff Job Vs N50k Public School Teaching Job (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

500k Job Vs 330k Job, Pls Advice Me by Ajakaiye83: 4:36pm On Mar 11, 2021
I presently work where I earn 330k monthly.
The job is very relax with no pressure and also there is opportunity to do a lot of PP which fetches money too steadily. It is close to my house like 5km away, if so dont drive, I spent 300 naira to and fro.

This second job promises to pay 500k. I have the offer letter. It is on the Island while I stay on the mainland,with a lot of travels.Probation is 6 months.PP is not guaranteed and with a lot of work demands.There is possibility of travelling outside the country as well though not too sure.

Please I advise me

1 Like

Re: 500k Job Vs 330k Job, Pls Advice Me by harmargedon: 4:49pm On Mar 11, 2021
Even when the money is attractive, there are other things to consider like work stress, distance, and a lot more. The working condition for the 330k is cool to me. because when you check the distance from the mainland to the island, the stress of transportation, the price too, you'll realize that it will tell on you soon.

1 Like

Re: 500k Job Vs 330k Job, Pls Advice Me by Kriss216: 4:57pm On Mar 11, 2021
harmargedon:
Even when the money is attractive, there are other things to consider like work stress, distance, and a lot more. The working condition for the 330k is cool to me. because when you check the distance from the mainland to the island, the stress of transportation, the price too, you'll realize that it will tell on you soon.
He can move to the island and live a quiet lifestyle like a normal person.

1 Like

Re: 500k Job Vs 330k Job, Pls Advice Me by Nobody: 5:21pm On Mar 11, 2021
Your convenience is of top priority

1 Like

Re: 500k Job Vs 330k Job, Pls Advice Me by harmargedon: 5:28pm On Mar 11, 2021
Kriss216:

He can move to the island and live a quiet lifestyle like a normal person.
The Price for apartment differs, he should consider his family if he has one, if he newly got the apartment, price of moving his properties, the stress involved, and if the job is worth the stress.

1 Like

Re: 500k Job Vs 330k Job, Pls Advice Me by Ajakaiye83: 10:58pm On Mar 11, 2021
harmargedon:

True.
I am.also come considering job security in this new place as well.
Re: 500k Job Vs 330k Job, Pls Advice Me by AgentGoat: 11:24pm On Mar 11, 2021
You want to kill yourself because of 170k?
Re: 500k Job Vs 330k Job, Pls Advice Me by kingviny: 7:40am On Mar 19, 2021
With fx skill and the 330k income, you can be making 1m in due time.

Don't joke with free time and certainty.
Re: 500k Job Vs 330k Job, Pls Advice Me by Nobody: 9:43am On Mar 19, 2021
Well,... your convenience needs to be your priority but if you well like,... due to the huge amount of money,.... you can just apply for a leave in your present company to check how the other company is,... but I won’t advise you to resign
Re: 500k Job Vs 330k Job, Pls Advice Me by advanceDNA: 1:57pm On Mar 19, 2021
Ajakaiye83:
I presently work where I earn 330k monthly.
The job is very relax with no pressure and also there is opportunity to do a lot of PP which fetches money too steadily. It is close to my house like 5km away, if so dont drive, I spent 300 naira to and fro.

This second job promises to pay 500k. I have the offer letter. It is on the Island while I stay on the mainland,with a lot of travels.Probation is 6 months.PP is not guaranteed and with a lot of work demands.There is possibility of travelling outside the country as well though not too sure.

Please I advise me

Is the 500k job translating to career growth or just salary growth?? If it’s just salary...stay where u are...

Sometimes growth comes with some inconvenience .....but u have to leave your comfort zone sometimes because of the long term benefits..

.. I’ve seen someone leave 270 job for a 300k job becos they were offered a managers position.... at first it was like what’s the need?? But just 2.5 years later he became regional head at another place...

Yeah ....330k is enough for u now...will u be promoted later...is it sure that ur career will grow where u are now...??

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

5 High Paying Jobs Without A Degree Or Experience I Repeat You Dont Require Them / How Will You Sit While Waiting For Your Boss To Receive Your Resignation Letter / Engineering Manager Wanted @ Guinness Nigeria Plc

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.