Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,429 members, 7,815,967 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 10:26 PM

Is Gernot Rohr Right To Overlook Nigeria Born Europe Best Striker....anuachu ? - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / Is Gernot Rohr Right To Overlook Nigeria Born Europe Best Striker....anuachu ? (683 Views)

Drogba Beats Ibrahimovic To Be Named Ligue 1's Best Striker Of The Past 20 Years / Bayern Munich Response To BBC Question About Jamie Vardy Being The Best Striker / Ronaldo Jr Wins Tournament, Named Best Striker (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Is Gernot Rohr Right To Overlook Nigeria Born Europe Best Striker....anuachu ? by robosky02(m): 7:58am On Mar 12, 2021
I find it very hard to believe that Nigeria's coach Rohr did not see it fit to invite Nigeria's born Genk’s striker Paul Onuachu Europe's best striker based on statistics.

In the words of Former Wimbledon and Aston Villa attacker John Fashanu

“He. ( Anuachu) is the best Nigerian striker right now, the record speaks for itself,”

“His record states he is the best Nigerian striker for now. Something else might happen tomorrow, but for now, he is certainly the best.”

I didn't just take that statement I had to check it up myself..... And this is what I found

The top scorers in Europe

1. England EPL...... Liverpool striker Mohamed Salah, with 17 goal and Bruno Fernandes 16 goals

2. Spanish league......BAR) Lionel Messi 19. Goals And (ATL) Luis Suárez 17 goals

3. Italian Serie Cristiano Ronaldo (Juventus) 20 goals and Romelu Lukaku Internazionale 18

4. Belgium Jupita leagur......Paul Onuachu Genk Nigeria 25 goals and Thomas Henry Oud‑Heverlee Leuven 26 France 20 goals

From the record it just quite amazing that a Nigerian is at such a blazing form and yet the local national team coach did not invite him rather he is a the standby list. While the likes of Ahmed Musa that has not club and is not playing on the list?

If you look at the strikers on the list we are expecting too much from Victor Osimhen who we know is trying to get to fitness at the moment after injuries, suspension and etc. Without having adequate plan B. Even the Iheanacho that's on the list doesn't score like Anuachu.

I know must people will say Anuachu has not scored much in the super eagles set up.

The question now is has the coach been playing him to his strength?

Even Messi at a time wasn't doing well at Argentina as much as for Barca. But they didn't overlook him because he has what it take to deliver.

My question now is
Why has Rohr not able to study how Genk uses this player?
Why has Rohr not been able to change tactics some times to allow players flourish?
Or is the coach too lazy to change tactics,.... Even Napoli had to altar their playing pattern to accommodate Victor Osimhen.

In the words of Fashonu

“You can’t overlook him for the Afcon qualifiers. If you’re the best in one position, you deserve to be selected; you deserve to have a spot,” he continued.

“As it goes for every top footballer when you’re the best, you have to be given that opportunity because you might not have it later on and I will be surprised if Onuachu doesn’t get invited for the Afcon qualifiers.”
(www.goal.com)

Nigeria is set to take on Benin and Lesotho in a bit to seal their place at the continental showpiece in Cameroon.

So Guy's what's your take is the Coach Rorh right to leave him out while we have Ahmed Musa on the list?

Source: Robosky02

Lalasticlala. Mynd44

Re: Is Gernot Rohr Right To Overlook Nigeria Born Europe Best Striker....anuachu ? by robosky02(m): 8:08am On Mar 12, 2021
SUPER EAGLES FULL LIST

Goalkeepers: Francis Uzoho (APOEL Nicosia, Cyprus); John Noble (Enyimba FC); Maduka Okoye (Sparta Rotterdam, The Netherlands)

Defenders: Kenneth Omeruo (CD Leganes, Spain); Leon Balogun (Glasgow Rangers, Scotland); Chidozie Awaziem (FC Boavista, Portugal); William Ekong (Watford FC, England); Olaoluwa Aina (Fulham FC, England); Jamilu Collins (SC Padeborn 07, Germany); Zaidu Sanusi (FC Porto, Portugal); Tyronne Ebuehi (FC Twente, The Netherlands)

Midfielders: Oghenekaro Etebo (Galatasaray FC, Turkey); Wilfred Ndidi (Leicester City, England); Abdullahi Shehu (Omonia Nicosa, Cyprus); Joseph Ayodele-Aribo (Glasgow Rangers, Scotland); Oluwasemilogo Ajayi (West Bromwich Albion, England)

Forwards: Ahmed Musa (Unattached); Alex Iwobi (Everton FC, England); Sadiq Umar (Almeria FC, Spain); Samuel Chukwueze (Villarreal FC, Spain); Victor Osimhen (Napoli FC, Italy); Kelechi Iheanacho (Leicester City, England); Samuel Kalu (FC Girondins Bordeaux, France); Moses Simon (FC Nantes, France)

Standby: Daniel Akpeyi (Kaizer Chiefs, South Africa); Henry Onyekuru (Galatasaray FC, Turkey); Peter Olayinka (Slavia Praha, Czech Republic); Terem Moffi (FC Lorient, France); Paul Onuachu (KRC Genk, Belgium); Michael Olise (Reading FC, England); Adekunle Adeleke (Abia Warriors).

Re: Is Gernot Rohr Right To Overlook Nigeria Born Europe Best Striker....anuachu ? by Tolexander: 8:11am On Mar 12, 2021
Onuachu Paul deserves a place in the list. Though the matches he had appeared for the Super Eagles, he wasn’t convincing then.
He is now in the best form of his life and on fire, he needs being invited to the training for the coach, Gernot Rorh to assess his ability and fit into the team.

What should be the benchmark for invitation into the team is current form of each player in his club, and not their past records.
Re: Is Gernot Rohr Right To Overlook Nigeria Born Europe Best Striker....anuachu ? by robosky02(m): 8:13am On Mar 12, 2021
Tolexander:
Onuachu Paul deserves a place in the list. Though the matches he had appeared for the Super Eagles, he wasn’t convincing then.
He is now in the best form of his life and on fire, he needs being invited to the training for the coach, Gernot Rorh to assess his ability and fit into the team.

Some times...

Believe in a player bring out his best

Or playing him in his right position will do

Or a change of tactics will do
Re: Is Gernot Rohr Right To Overlook Nigeria Born Europe Best Striker....anuachu ? by joxxy01(m): 8:18am On Mar 12, 2021
Belgium is a farmers league... those 25 goals is equivalent to averagely 3 goals in EPL.. Beside, he has not played to Rohr style of football, let's see what Sodiq can bring to the table

2 Likes

Re: Is Gernot Rohr Right To Overlook Nigeria Born Europe Best Striker....anuachu ? by Nobody: 8:39am On Mar 12, 2021
Onuachu is a useless player...watch his games and come back to this post.

NPFL >>>>>>>>> Belgian Jupiler League
Re: Is Gernot Rohr Right To Overlook Nigeria Born Europe Best Striker....anuachu ? by quickly: 9:04am On Mar 12, 2021
Onuachu no Dey perform for eagles and he has been in the team longer than osimhen.

If I was Rohr too I won’t invite him.

Rohr should quickly invite a demola look man that guy will be another victor moses.

An impact sub

1 Like

Re: Is Gernot Rohr Right To Overlook Nigeria Born Europe Best Striker....anuachu ? by robosky02(m): 9:11am On Mar 12, 2021
quickly:
Onuachu no Dey perform for eagles and he has been in the team longer than osimhen.

If I was Rohr too I won’t invite him.

Rohr should quickly invite a demola look man that guy will be another victor moses.

An impact sub

Lukeman is good

But we need another striker
Re: Is Gernot Rohr Right To Overlook Nigeria Born Europe Best Striker....anuachu ? by paulolee(m): 11:50am On Mar 12, 2021
even if this onauchi scores 50 goals a season, I still no see anything special about am bcoz I dnt like his style of play..
d guy is too sluggish for my liking n dts too bad for African style of football..
its better he isnt called bcoz even if rhor called him, na still bench him go sit all day..
Re: Is Gernot Rohr Right To Overlook Nigeria Born Europe Best Striker....anuachu ? by Tolexander: 12:08pm On Mar 12, 2021
paulolee:
even if this onauchi scores 50 goals a season, I still no see anything special about am bcoz I dnt like his style of play..
d guy is too sluggish for my liking n dts too bad for African style of football..
its better he isnt called bcoz even if rhor called him, na still bench him go sit all day..
Like Emmanuel Adebayor?
Re: Is Gernot Rohr Right To Overlook Nigeria Born Europe Best Striker....anuachu ? by gabriel66386: 12:11pm On Mar 12, 2021
Onuachu is a useless player...watch his games and come back to this post.NPFL >>>>>>>>> Belgian Jupiler League
Re: Is Gernot Rohr Right To Overlook Nigeria Born Europe Best Striker....anuachu ? by robosky02(m): 12:12pm On Mar 12, 2021
Tolexander:
Like Emmanuel Adebayor?

Emmanuel Adebayo and even KANU Nwankwo are same like Paul Anuachu

Both a good coach will still know how to play them
Re: Is Gernot Rohr Right To Overlook Nigeria Born Europe Best Striker....anuachu ? by kenzysmith: 6:42pm On Mar 12, 2021
joxxy01:
Belgium is a farmers league... those 25 goals is equivalent to averagely 3 goals in EPL.. Beside, he has not played to Rohr style of football, let's see what Sodiq can bring to the table

Re: Is Gernot Rohr Right To Overlook Nigeria Born Europe Best Striker....anuachu ? by Gamesmart: 9:49am On Mar 31, 2021
gabriel66386:
Onuachu is a useless player...watch his games and come back to this post.NPFL >>>>>>>>> Belgian Jupiler League

At least one thing we can be sure about is that you no get one iota of sense.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Ucl Final / Can Manchester United Win The EPL? / Ahmed Musa Gives Out Some Cash To Ladies Who Hailed Him While Driving

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 23
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.