Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,655 members, 7,820,280 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 12:30 PM

Anambra 2021: The Issues We Are Not Discussing- Dr. Godwin Maduka - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra 2021: The Issues We Are Not Discussing- Dr. Godwin Maduka (11150 Views)

Arthur Eze Recieves Dr. Godwin Maduka In Abuja Mansion / Dr. Godwin Maduka Commissions NGO Office In Awka (Photos, Video) / 4 Personalities Who Inspired The Nation This Year, By Dr. Godwin Maduka (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra 2021: The Issues We Are Not Discussing- Dr. Godwin Maduka by DuBLINGreenb(m): 10:00am On Mar 13, 2021
Selfish greedy people
Re: Anambra 2021: The Issues We Are Not Discussing- Dr. Godwin Maduka by Soolmus: 10:00am On Mar 13, 2021
They won't still vote for this brilliant man but they would rush to blame Tilumbu

Charles Soludo and this Guy are both begging them to serve now but am sure they would vote the dumbest candidate
Re: Anambra 2021: The Issues We Are Not Discussing- Dr. Godwin Maduka by selemempe: 10:03am On Mar 13, 2021
okeyglm:
you're on point sir. soludo should go and rest. we need a fresher like Dr. maduka
soludo has track record. Godwin has visible investments on ground.
If it comes down to both of them, it will be hard to choose

8 Likes

Re: Anambra 2021: The Issues We Are Not Discussing- Dr. Godwin Maduka by Nobody: 10:03am On Mar 13, 2021
I hope it is not going to be "new style old dance" like ayi kwei armah put it. But honestly no one has put forth such a sophisticated plan as this, the others are usually nonsense and filler content but this manifesto sounds different. Then again, Nigerians have fish brain so we would always vote without brains.

1 Like

Re: Anambra 2021: The Issues We Are Not Discussing- Dr. Godwin Maduka by Kobicove(m): 10:05am On Mar 13, 2021
TotoGame:

she will shock una as usual.......who would have believed that she will defeat ngige and Victor umeh in 2015

she defeated sen.victor umeh again in 2019 and She will emerge Governor come Nov 19

You are in dreamland grin
Re: Anambra 2021: The Issues We Are Not Discussing- Dr. Godwin Maduka by Perfecttouch(m): 10:05am On Mar 13, 2021
Useless thieves.. They have sweet words before ascending the throne but turn lunatic, thieves and Nuisance when there

2 Likes

Re: Anambra 2021: The Issues We Are Not Discussing- Dr. Godwin Maduka by bubulistic(m): 10:07am On Mar 13, 2021
okeyglm:
old politicians should park and go.

Soludo is not a politician!!!
Re: Anambra 2021: The Issues We Are Not Discussing- Dr. Godwin Maduka by bubulistic(m): 10:09am On Mar 13, 2021
RuddyFusion:
The issue with Naija politicians is not ideas or plans or any of these, but implementation....

If he gets in, he will start singing another song or he will be caged by the powers that be.....

I wish him well I'm sure Soludo has similar ideas and plan for to the state

Apt!!!
His first time of contesting (about 12years ago)
He had this dream of African-Dubai-taiwan
I'm certain its still there!!!
Re: Anambra 2021: The Issues We Are Not Discussing- Dr. Godwin Maduka by okeyglm: 10:11am On Mar 13, 2021
bubulistic:

Soludo is not a politician!!!
he has been contesting
Re: Anambra 2021: The Issues We Are Not Discussing- Dr. Godwin Maduka by bubulistic(m): 10:12am On Mar 13, 2021
I don't have any problem with this guy but I'm not all that convinced about him
Like someone said here the issue is not the dream or plan its the implementation
I doubt he knows how to do this!!!!
Re: Anambra 2021: The Issues We Are Not Discussing- Dr. Godwin Maduka by okeyglm: 10:13am On Mar 13, 2021
selemempe:
soludo has track record. Godwin has visible investments on ground.
If it comes down to both of them, it will be hard to choose
forget story . is he not part of buhari economy team . what magic has he done. I will go with Maduka any day.

1 Like

Re: Anambra 2021: The Issues We Are Not Discussing- Dr. Godwin Maduka by onuman: 10:16am On Mar 13, 2021
Tkoy:
By Dr Godwin Maduka

I am onye Anambra, and today, I write not as a person with partisan interest, but as a concerned citizen, or what our people call "nwa afo". I write as a citizen with civic consciousness who understands that more often than not, especially in the Nigerian political space, electioneering activities tend to obscure the real issues affecting the society. Those issues get glossed over without critical appraisal and are lost in the din of campaign activities. And so elections come and go, but those issues still remain because like Newton's first law of motion states, an object will remain at rest or move in a constant velocity until it is acted upon by an external force.

It is another election season in my dear State, and we should be more concerned about the discussions we are not having. Building a modern society takes conscious effort, meticulous planning and dedicated execution. It doesn't just happen. Anambra is no exception.

Anambra State ranks fourth in bank deposit mobilization in Nigeria after Lagos, Abuja and Rivers State. But access to bank credit is so low. Access to finance remains one of the largest constraints to micro-small-medium enterprises (MSMEs). Increased credit made available to businesses have a multiplier effect on their performances and helps to boost their productivity. Unfortunately, while our people have huge deposits in banks because of our large informal sector, second only to Lagos, only a fraction of that money is given out as loans to businesses domiciled in Anambra. Access to credits has proven to be a stimulus for robust economies. More jobs are created, wages grow and living standards improve. What can we do to change this situation?

On the ease of doing business, Onitsha ranks 23 among 36 cities according to an index. From Upper Iweka down to Main Market axis, street boys hold people doing their legitimate businesses hostage, demanding for money under different guises. It is an extremely hostlie environment, and only people of steely resolve survive it. That is shameful. On dealing with construction permits, Anambra comes 28. On registration of properties, Anambra is 32, and on enforcement of contracts, Anambra is 30. Can something be done about this poor outing so as to make Anambra a top business destination instead of a place we travel to for christmas and burials.

Every year, we churn out graduates from our schools. 70% of them leave Anambra for other cities in search of jobs. We provide workforce for other States. How do we reverse the trend and become an attraction for workforce instead? What future are we creating for our teeming youths? Opportunities in life do not start and end with trading.

In this age of the internet, do we have a tech hub? Silicon Valley came to be due to synergy between Stanford University in the United States and Silicon Valley, pioneered by the Dean of Engineering, Frederick Terman. It was a harmonic relationship in which tech industry folks took courses in Stanford. In return, Stanford graduates had job offers from the tech companies. The creative abilities of the students of Stanford as it relates to technology found a vent and a funding stream in Silicon Valley. Google, Yahoo, Cisco and over 40,000 tech companies are products of this synergy. Can we recreate this model in Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka, unleashing the talents of our young people and jobs in the process and making Anambra a hub for tech innovations, or are we still fixated in the old and retired testament called oil? Of course, Apple market valuation is worth more than Nigeria’s federal budget.

How do we make the three cities of Onitsha, Awka and Nnewi a smart city that operate round the clock instead of a ghost town once it is 8pm? There is a correlation between the entertainment industry and night life. Our young people in creative arts have to travel to Lagos so they can be exposed to opportunities for their talents. But the market at home is hugely unexplored. Just imagine the job creation possibilities in this sector alone.

How do we transform Onitsha main market into an international grade shopping mall? How do we change the "Obi and Sons Nig Ltd" business model of the Igbo man into something that outlives the founder, something with a global outlook while maintaining the local character? Talk of corporations and multinationals. John Pemberton invented the Coca Cola drink recipe and Asa Griggs Candler bought the patent from him 131 years ago. Today, Coca-Cola is a global brand.

How about Nnewi? Can it be an auto parts manufacturing hub with large foundries, steel furnaces and forges to complement it? Engineering faculties in our institutions of higher learning can have an exchange programme with Innoson Vehicle Manufacturing Company and other heavy industries and get the opportunity to develop indigenous technologies that will solve local problems.

What is our current debt profile, the durations and the repayment plan? How can debts be used to drive growths? Do we have the capacity to borrow more for critical infrastructures?

Power remains a tough challenge for successive Nigerian government. But it is not insurmountable. Anambra sits on a vast gas deposit that is untapped. Are there ways we can exploit this opportunity and make constant power a reality, especially for our industrial clusters and big businesses? What will the legal regime be like? Even God needed light to create. “Let there be light”, so said the holy book. That is the backbone of production and a strong attraction for investors.

Onitsha port is idle and idling despite the fanfare surrounding it's construction. How can it be made viable? Since our people are the biggest importers in this country, can we build a mini economy around the port area, just like Apapa. Why shouldn’t that port be functional? The problem is not in our stars. It is in ourselves.

What's our current IGR? How do we grow it? While States like Lagos derives the bulk of her revenue from IGR, we are stuck with the federal allocation which is not enough to drive growths. Anambra has over 60 markets dealing in several items and several other businesses. Unfortunately, tax awareness is low. Can we drive a campaign to raise this awareness and streamline payments for efficiency and accountability? We have the most active diasporans, how do we get our people to think home beyond mouthing it?

On health, no modern society survives without a robust health care system. The Anambra State Health Insurance Agency was launched on the 14th of September, 2018, after the law establishing it was passed in 2016. However, only 2•4% of Anambra residents are covered by the agency.

One of the ways an Igboman fiercely reiterates his pride and independence is by asking "i na enye m nri?" (Do you feed me?). But the recent food blockade by northern farmers is like the wind that showed the underbelly of a cock. Food prices increased astronomically. What happened to our agricultural capacity? Igbariam farm settlement is gone. Anambra North used to be the food basket of the State due to the arable land available in that area. Have we lost it? How can we build a synergy between our farmers and agro industries?

While we shout restructuring, what are the low hanging fruits we can pluck in the interim? Have we exhausted our present capacity?

See, if you don't have a destination, any road will take you there. The election year is here again. We need a reawakening, a renaissance, a call to self reinvent. We need big ideas. We need critical thinking on governance beyond payment of salaries and road construction. There is development rain all over the world, and we are not getting wet.

I sincerely hope that in this election, what we will hear will not be the same monotonous rhythm that is so rudimentary, so cheap and so lacking in imagination. I sincerely hope that these issues and more dominate our discussions. The electorate should be able to interrogate them because Anambra is the only place we call HOME.

Source: https://9newsng.com/anambra-2021-the-issues-we-are-not-discussing-dr-godwin-maduka/

Anybody but APC candidate can win Anambra state guber election.

Neighboring Imo state governed by APC has its development arrested since APC was stolen into the state.

Only the Imo state capital is where modern amenities exist.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Anambra 2021: The Issues We Are Not Discussing- Dr. Godwin Maduka by Nobody: 10:18am On Mar 13, 2021
For Anambra, I say Soludo. One of the greatest economists the world has ever seen..

2 Likes

Re: Anambra 2021: The Issues We Are Not Discussing- Dr. Godwin Maduka by Barryseal: 10:22am On Mar 13, 2021
Dr Maduka is not a career politician. His track record in the field of medicine is remarkable having had celebrity patients like Mike Tyson etall, despite being the son of a palmwine tapper. I'm torn between him and Soludo. Gone are the days they threw up questionable characters like Tony Nwoye, Andy Ubah and ifeanyi Uba, Thank goodness for that.

7 Likes

Re: Anambra 2021: The Issues We Are Not Discussing- Dr. Godwin Maduka by selemempe: 10:25am On Mar 13, 2021
okeyglm:
forget story . is he not part of buhari economy team . what magic has he done. I will go with Maduka any day.
he is not in any situation to make change. Both of them are good on paper.
Re: Anambra 2021: The Issues We Are Not Discussing- Dr. Godwin Maduka by okeyglm: 10:34am On Mar 13, 2021
selemempe:
he is not in any situation to make change. Both of them are good on paper.
if he is not in any situation to make change why did he accept the appointment. you guys have habit of protecting your own while demnify others.

1 Like

Re: Anambra 2021: The Issues We Are Not Discussing- Dr. Godwin Maduka by selemempe: 10:37am On Mar 13, 2021
okeyglm:
if he is not in any situation to make change why did he accept the appointment. you guys have habit of protecting your own while demnify others.
who is my own and who are others. I was conversing with you on the understanding that you are Igbo like me
Re: Anambra 2021: The Issues We Are Not Discussing- Dr. Godwin Maduka by Igboid: 10:42am On Mar 13, 2021
They always have good manifestos but in the end no implementation.

I have cousins in Nkerehi and was there when this Maduka instigated crisis in the town in the name of renaming the town.

His followers who are christian fanatics went and burnt down "okwu alusi" in Nkerehi and thereafter declared that the Name Nkerehi is cursed and of the devil. And the they decided to rename the town UMUCHUKWU.
All the traditional men in society who opposed him were all harassed and abused into submission.

I have nothing against him though. But he speak of finding local solutions to global problems. And I'm here scratching my head trying to find out how that fits into the debacle that happened in Nkerehi where Dr Maduka and his Christian fanatic followers destroyed Igbo ancestral artifacts and demonized our ancestral name NKEREHI.

Something doesn't add up. We need Igbotic governors all over Igbo land who are deep rooted in Omenani and understand the importance of pan Igboism.
Dr Maduka doesn't strike me as such. I'd rather have Iyom than Dr Maduka. But my most preferred candidate is Chris Azubuogu.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra 2021: The Issues We Are Not Discussing- Dr. Godwin Maduka by okeyglm: 10:46am On Mar 13, 2021
selemempe:
who is my own and who are others. I was conversing with you on the understanding that you are Igbo like me
we can't exonerate soludo from economy woes befalling buhari govt because he is part and parcel of this government.
Re: Anambra 2021: The Issues We Are Not Discussing- Dr. Godwin Maduka by Steinmann: 10:54am On Mar 13, 2021
Dr Maduka's understanding of anambra situation appears sound.
Thank God for the quality of gubernatorial candidates we shall be having come Nov 9.
But we shall also add that anambra state roads have been taken over by hoodlums, criminals and murderous thugs who apparently are collecting revenue for government in power.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra 2021: The Issues We Are Not Discussing- Dr. Godwin Maduka by InvertedHammer: 11:02am On Mar 13, 2021
/
Let the best person win. If you read the political manifesto of APC in 2015, you will think Nigeria will beat US and China. There is something about the political space in Nigeria that makes candidates very visionary only before winning or after their tenure. Once they get into the government, all visions disappear.

I am not holding my breath for any Nigerian politician. Most of their impressive speeches were most likely written by a team of speech-writers. There is no way the Buhari we know today was the architect or writer of the highly promising but false hope speeches he delivered in 2015.

/

1 Like

Re: Anambra 2021: The Issues We Are Not Discussing- Dr. Godwin Maduka by Anowax(m): 11:07am On Mar 13, 2021
Barryseal:
Dr Maduka is not a career politician. His track record in the field of medicine is remarkable having had celebrity patients like Mike Tyson etall, despite being the son of a palmwine tapper. I'm torn between him and Soludo. Gone are the days they threw out questionable characters like Tony Nwoye, Andy Ubah and ifeanyi Uba, Thank goodness for that.
My hope is his wins the primary, it would be a tough one between him Soludo. Let them not play their usual underhand tactics and present us with the useless and criminal bunch you aforementioned
Re: Anambra 2021: The Issues We Are Not Discussing- Dr. Godwin Maduka by gnykelly(m): 11:09am On Mar 13, 2021
this is not a strategy.

can he explain in real life how he is going to manage the current structure and finance to achieve all this. where will the money comes from and what is the end game.
Re: Anambra 2021: The Issues We Are Not Discussing- Dr. Godwin Maduka by tchainssavage(m): 11:39am On Mar 13, 2021
one person cannot do it all, even if soludo wins i want him to look at all this idea this man brought up, if maduka wins i want him to look at soludo's ideas too, they both deserve to be our governor #Anambra to the World

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Anambra 2021: The Issues We Are Not Discussing- Dr. Godwin Maduka by OBALOLA55(m): 11:47am On Mar 13, 2021
RuddyFusion:
The issue with Naija politicians is not ideas or plans or any of these, but implementation....

If he gets in, he will start singing another song or he will be caged by the powers that be.....

MADUKA IS NOT A POLITICIAN, HE IS A TECHNOCRAT

1 Like

Re: Anambra 2021: The Issues We Are Not Discussing- Dr. Godwin Maduka by Stallione(m): 11:58am On Mar 13, 2021
okeyglm:
you're on point sir. soludo should go and rest. we need a fresher like Dr. maduka
Na desame fresher /drunken master we still dey suffer from,nobody knew our current gov,same case as mmaduka now,but soludo is known nationally,tested n trusted,coming out from desame rulling party but preferable.
Re: Anambra 2021: The Issues We Are Not Discussing- Dr. Godwin Maduka by Stallione(m): 12:01pm On Mar 13, 2021
RuddyFusion:

Soludo the best candidate,though am not interested in our drunken current gov shaa
Re: Anambra 2021: The Issues We Are Not Discussing- Dr. Godwin Maduka by Stallione(m): 12:03pm On Mar 13, 2021
EmekaA125:

Dream on. Soludo is succeeding Gov Obiano.
Oil full ur head well nwanne!!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra 2021: The Issues We Are Not Discussing- Dr. Godwin Maduka by Stallione(m): 12:04pm On Mar 13, 2021
EmekaA125:
Prof Chukwuma Charles Soludo will win Anambra guber race 2021. Note it down somewhere
well said,eziokwu di hot!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Anambra 2021: The Issues We Are Not Discussing- Dr. Godwin Maduka by okeyglm: 12:04pm On Mar 13, 2021
Stallione:
Na desame fresher /drunken master we still dey suffer from,nobody knew our current gov,same case as mmaduka now,but soludo is known nationally,tested n trusted,coming out from desame rulling party but preferable.
obiano has been in govt since tenure of obi. not a fresher. we need a new ideal in Anambra. which we knew maduka has capacity. soludo has Always been a part of govt since obj till now. what new thing is he going to bring on board.
Re: Anambra 2021: The Issues We Are Not Discussing- Dr. Godwin Maduka by Stallione(m): 12:05pm On Mar 13, 2021
okeyglm:
old politicians should park and go.
How is soludo an old politician,has he ruled b4?. Hiaan!!!
Re: Anambra 2021: The Issues We Are Not Discussing- Dr. Godwin Maduka by okeyglm: 12:06pm On Mar 13, 2021
Stallione:
How is soludo an old politician,has he ruled b4?. Hiaan!!!
he had held many positions in the past and present. yes he is old politician

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

If Nigeria Is So Rich, Why Are Nigerians So Poor? / Osun & Oyo Appoint Tinubu As LAUTECH Chancellor / HDP Moves To Present Two Witnesses Against Buhari’s Re-election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.