Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,997 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:53 AM

Nigerians Are The Greatest Problem Of Nigeria - Femi Adesina - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Nigerians Are The Greatest Problem Of Nigeria - Femi Adesina (330 Views)

Garba Shehu: Those Calling For Secession Are Nigeria’s Greatest Problem / Achimugu Is The Second Person To Die Of Coronavirus In Nigeria -Femi Fani-Kayode / "This Is Nigeria": Femi Falana Blasts MURIC For Threatening To Sue Falz (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Nigerians Are The Greatest Problem Of Nigeria - Femi Adesina by Insidenaija: 11:32am On Mar 12, 2021
President Muhammadu Buhari special adviser on Media and Publicity Femi Adesina has said that Nigerians are the country's greatest problem, Newspremises, can report.

presidential spokesperson who lashed out at those he claimed do nothing but find faults in the country, cautioned Nigerians against ” disintegration, destabilization and outright war”.

Adesina also admitted that the internecine conflict which came off the civil war, are still very evident in some parts of the land.

He wrote;

“It’s often intriguing to hear eminent and well appointed Nigerians talk about disintegration, destabilization and outright war, as if it’s a picnic. War? Not a tea party, and not something you should wish even upon your enemy.

Nigeria fought a war before, in which about two million people died. There was sorrow, tears and blood, till good sense prevailed, and we said there was no victor, no vanquished. The scars of that internecine conflict are still very evident in some parts of the land.

“Why then do some newspaper columnists, public commentators, ethnic warlords, even academics, talk of war as something they long for, an affliction they want to inflict their country with? War? Is it a picnic or tea party?
“I have seen enough to make me conclude that the greatest problem of Nigeria are Nigerians themselves. They seem to hate their country. There was that atheist who said on his death bed. “I hate everybody. I hate God. I even hate myself.”

That seems to be the experience of a good number of Nigerians.

“What am I saying? Is Nigeria in a perfect state, nirvana, a Utopia? By no means. We all see things that exasperate us about our country. So, is cutting off the head the cure for headache? Is death wish for the country through the constant craving for war the way out, couched as warnings by some interest groups? For really, that is what they would wish to see, if only to have the morbid satisfaction of saying: we warned, they didn’t listen.

“We have our grouses with Nigeria. The President often talks of missed opportunities, and yes, this country has missed many, over the decades. But he adds that those of them who have fought to keep this country together would never open their eyes and see Nigeria dismembered. Loving the unloveable.

That is what Nigerians need, if we would eventually get the country we desire. William Cowper, English writer, who lived between 1731 and 1800, said:

“England, with all thy faults, I love thee still-my country.”

“That is one thing we find lacking. We have not got to the point that we can say, Nigeria, with all thy faults, I love thee still-my country.

“The Good Book says love covers a multitude of sins. And it does. But does it happen in respect of our country? Don’t Nigerians carry around giant-sized grudges against themselves, against their leaders, against the next ethnic group, and against their own very land… They seem to hate their country. There was that atheist who said on his death bed. “I hate everybody. I hate God. I even hate myself.

“The need of the hour is love for Nigeria, warts and all. Yes, there are many reasons not to love this land. But it’s the only one we have. We would be second class citizens anywhere else. Nigeria we hail thee. Our own dear native land.

The fault lines are many: ethnicity, suspicion of domination, religious differences, language, centrifugal forces. But, Nigeria, with all thy faults, I love thee still-my country.

“Do you know that some Nigerians actually gloat when things go wrong in the country? They rejoice at wanton killings, massive insecurity, prostrate economy, decrepit inter-ethnic relationships, and the like. They want things to fall apart in the ‘zoo.’ But Nigeria will survive. The singer, Veno Marioghae, said it long ago. Nigeria is like the testicles of a ram. It may sway from side to side as the ram runs, but it will never fall off.

“It’s time we began to have a Nigerian agenda, instead of sectional agenda. It’s time we began to see the big picture, and wish our country well. Enough of wars and rumours of war. Can we cavil less about our country? Can we emphasize less on things not done, and focus more on things being achieved? And I tell you, the Buhari government has stories to tell. Of rice pyramids, roads, rail, bridges, airports, massive infrastructure everywhere.

“Just on Thursday, the 13 Floor, Twin Tower ultra-modern Headquarters Building of the Niger Delta Development Commission was commissioned, about 26 years after it was conceived. And many of such projects abound. Let’s wail less, and appreciate more. Nigeria, with all thy faults, I love thee still-my country.”

Source: https://newspremises.com.ng/nigerians-are-the-greatest-problem-of-nigeria-femi-adesina/

Re: Nigerians Are The Greatest Problem Of Nigeria - Femi Adesina by Frenchkiss564: 12:15pm On Mar 12, 2021
Femoo is like the proverbial ostrich with its face shoved in shit thinking no one can see it. To him our darling daddy is the best thing that has happened to Nigeria since bet9ja

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are The Greatest Problem Of Nigeria - Femi Adesina by SoBright101: 12:15pm On Mar 12, 2021
Until the politicians start doing the right thing especially the northerners. There is no reason for me to believe in a country that has no plan for brighter future.
Moreover, you are only speaking as a normal Nigerian politician.
Re: Nigerians Are The Greatest Problem Of Nigeria - Femi Adesina by PrinceOfLagos: 12:17pm On Mar 12, 2021
We know you would say anything to keep your job

Continue

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are The Greatest Problem Of Nigeria - Femi Adesina by Rugaria: 12:24pm On Mar 12, 2021
Including people like you who will always see and point out all ills bedeviling the country and the government, but will immediately go through some epiphany and become pro regime gangsters, once appointed to some important positions..
It's starting to look like most anti bad government agitators in this country only do so to be noticed by the crooks in power... Once they're recruited and allowed to lay their scraggy hands on the national cake, it's see no Evil, talk no Evil... Abati, Sagay, Keyamo, Adeshina... Men starved of principles.. They should go and learn from Gani Fahwemi..
Re: Nigerians Are The Greatest Problem Of Nigeria - Femi Adesina by MrSamsung(m): 12:45pm On Mar 12, 2021
The USA( Union and Confederate) had a Civil War but at the end of the war, there was reconciliation.........................infrastructural development in both the former Confederate and Union part of the country, electing as presidents people of the former Confederate region, no DISCRIMINATION.

Spain the same thing........city development of Barcelona and their region though they are some Catalonia dissidents.

Italy same reconciliation, Rwanda same reconciliation and even South Africa( though thiers was apartheid) same reconciliation and if South Africa did not do reconciling for both races, it would not have been what it is today because there would have been a white flight.

But can the same be said of Nigeria? Reconciliation? No!
Instead, what we have is tribalism, nepotism, hatred, federal absence, back-door closure of Ibeto cement politically, and denial of presidency for a certain people as if they are non citizens.

And yet Femi Adesina, the government and some quarters are talking about the unity, 'no victor no vanquish', and non-destabilization of this country.
Well I guess they thought those they are dealing with have no feelings, no brains or interests or are not fellow humans and should be treated as such.

the journey of this country to a great country have not yet started

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are The Greatest Problem Of Nigeria - Femi Adesina by Nigeriabiafra80: 12:47pm On Mar 12, 2021
Yes they are
Especially those one Nigerianist
And those always defending your atrocities on social media
They are the reason behind kidnapping and bandit
Adesina may you jump and never land

1 Like

Re: Nigerians Are The Greatest Problem Of Nigeria - Femi Adesina by VictorUSA(m): 12:59pm On Mar 12, 2021
I believe to some extent that Nigerians are the problem of Nigeria.
Re: Nigerians Are The Greatest Problem Of Nigeria - Femi Adesina by Foolishbuhari: 1:01pm On Mar 12, 2021
Some one tell thus stupid fool he and his master are the problem of Nigeria!
Re: Nigerians Are The Greatest Problem Of Nigeria - Femi Adesina by Morningstarrr(m): 3:49pm On Mar 12, 2021
It is rather the foolish 15 million people who voted for your pay master.
Re: Nigerians Are The Greatest Problem Of Nigeria - Femi Adesina by jimyjames(m): 4:05pm On Mar 12, 2021
grin
Re: Nigerians Are The Greatest Problem Of Nigeria - Femi Adesina by Afolabimills(m): 4:07pm On Mar 12, 2021
Foollllll

(1) (Reply)

Abaribe, Lawan In Heated Argument On Armed Forces Commission Bill / Hijab Controversy: MURIC Urges Kwara State Govt To Rename Missionary Schools / Nigerian Man Standing Trial In Court Pretends To Have A Spinal Cord Injury.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.