Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,333 members, 7,819,143 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 11:53 AM

Apostle Suleman Remembers Benson Idahosa 23 Years After Death (photo) - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Apostle Suleman Remembers Benson Idahosa 23 Years After Death (photo) (33535 Views)

Church Banner With Archbishop Benson Idahosa As Guest Speaker Causes Stir / 20 Years Later: How Bishop Benson Idahosa Really Died / Benson Idahosa: The Man Who Vividly Described His Death - Leke Beecroft (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Apostle Suleman Remembers Benson Idahosa 23 Years After Death (photo) by ParkleElegant: 3:53pm On Mar 12, 2021
bupounds:
Forgive those that has departed from this sinfull World lead them straight to heaven Amen through Christ Our Lord

abeg no waiting u pray oooo!!!!

forgive those who died untimely n who Neva harmed or cause another so much pain Lord make them rest n lead them to your side but those who were extremely wicked n caused others so much pain n tears God let them continue to rot,suffer n gnash their teeth in hell, punish them times 100 Amen.

1 Like

Re: Apostle Suleman Remembers Benson Idahosa 23 Years After Death (photo) by Kobojunkie: 4:07pm On Mar 12, 2021
FutureDecisions:
President of Omega Fire Ministries Worldwide Apostle Johnson Suleman on Friday paid tributes to the late charismatic Pentecostal preacher Benson Idahosa on his 23rd death anniversary, Igbere TV reports.

Suleman said Idahosa, who is regarded as the father of Pentecostalism in Nigeria, was always a shoulder to cry on.

“He was called to glory this day 1998, a fearless and bold leader, a man who spoke truth to power, a man who stood by every minister of the gospel. He had a large heart of gold, he was always a shoulder to cry on,” he tweeted.

“We miss you. Earth lost, heaven gained. We miss you PAPA.”

https://twitter.com/APOSTLESULEMAN/status/1370263138214547456?s=20

Idahosa was the founder of Church of God Mission International and founder of Benson Idahosa University in Benin City, Edo State.

He died on March 12, 1998 and is survived by his wife Margaret Idahosa and four children.
Heaven gained? How?

According to Jesus Christ, no one will be admitted into Heaven, or Hell, until He returns again. So, those of you who like to worship MOGs take heed.... these men are still in their graves waiting for Jesus Christ to return and pronounce final judgement on their souls based on the work He knows they truly did for Him. undecided

Even the very apostles of Jesus Christ, who died almost 2000 years ago, are still in there graves, sleeping, and waiting for the end to come so they can know whether the work they did passes the test. So be careful in your veneration of the dead. undecided
Re: Apostle Suleman Remembers Benson Idahosa 23 Years After Death (photo) by Kobojunkie: 5:02pm On Mar 12, 2021
post=99822239:
RIP Great man.The Real, True Men of God as at the days of old.

He's smiling down from the Bosom of Father Abraham at the moment.

He was a good man.
He lived a good life.
Papa Continue to ........
The statement in bold is a lie. According to Jesus Christ, there are no human souls in Heaven or Hell. Are you suggesting that Jesus Christ lied? undecided

This man, assuming he believed in Jesus Christ, is still in his grave, sleeping, waiting for Jesus Christ to return and judge his works. Becareful in your worship of those who are dead. undecided
Re: Apostle Suleman Remembers Benson Idahosa 23 Years After Death (photo) by Kobojunkie: 5:04pm On Mar 12, 2021
onoms4luv:
Earth lost heaven gain.
Great men never die, they always live on in the heart of men.
The future is what again??
What Heaven? The same Heaven that Jesus Christ that no one will enter into until after He returns to judge the dead? undecided
Re: Apostle Suleman Remembers Benson Idahosa 23 Years After Death (photo) by Kobojunkie: 5:08pm On Mar 12, 2021
Birikiti:
Just like humans, Africans especially; praise you only when you're dead! Fight you to finish while you're alive!!!

Many abused Archbishop during his days, many called him "prosperity preacher", "fake miracle worker" etc now he's being celebrated. This is witchcraft..., they fight you and speak evil of you while you're alive but love you when you're dead

So just know, if you talk evil about people especially men of God; you are being motivated by evil spirits and the devil himself! Shun all those things and give your life to Jesus!
That your statement has nothing to do with what Jesus Christ taught. Jesus Christ said He was insulted so you should expect to get the same treatment. He never said God will judge people or whatever you claim.

By the way, yes, Idahosa was Himself a questionable Mog, only he lived in a time when social media was not available for those around him to clearly expose the truth and character of the man himself.

That said, Idahosa, assuming he believed in Jesus Christ, like every other believer before him, is still in his grave, waiting for Jesus Christ to return and judge his works. So be careful not to put your trust in ordinary men when instead you are called to put your trust in God and obey His commandments to you through the person of Jesus Christ.
Re: Apostle Suleman Remembers Benson Idahosa 23 Years After Death (photo) by Kobojunkie: 5:09pm On Mar 12, 2021
bupounds:
Forgive those that has departed from this sinfull World lead them straight to heaven Amen through Christ Our Lord
That is never going to happen!
God made it clear that forgiveness only works while you still draw breath, and there is no leading them straight to Heaven. No one will be admitted into Heaven or Hell, until after Jesus Christ returns again to judge them for their works while on the earth... those who are gone only await one thing, assuming they believed in Jesus Christ, Judgement.

1 Like

Re: Apostle Suleman Remembers Benson Idahosa 23 Years After Death (photo) by Etfash(m): 7:08pm On Mar 12, 2021
Kobojunkie:
Heaven gained? How?

According to Jesus Christ, no one will be admitted into Heaven, or Hell, until He returns again. So, those of you who like to worship MOGs take heed.... these men are still in their graves waiting for Jesus Christ to return and pronounce final judgement on their souls based on the work He knows they truly did for Him. undecided

Even the very apostles of Jesus Christ, who died almost 2000 years ago, are still in there graves, sleeping, and waiting for the end to come so they can know whether the work they did passes the test. So be careful in your veneration of the dead. undecided

Escatology isn't that simple.

When Hebrews 12 tells us about the gathering of Just men made perfect, who was it referring to?

When Jesus said to the thief at his right hand "today, you will be with me in paradise" where was Jesus referring to? Some tell about paradise, heaven, hell and lake of fire as different.

Have you also considered that Revelation tells us the Lamb of God (a description of the Jesus who was crucified in Revelation) was crucified before the foundation of the world.. how do you see it?

The truth is, we should major on the major:

If you are yet to receive Christ as Lord and Saviour, you are a sinner headed for the Lake of Fire. Repent by accepting the substitutional death of Jesus Christ the Son of God and inherit the righteousness of God in Christ. This way in the present world you have the kingdom of God within you (peace, righteousness and joy) and when you depart mortality, you are sure of a glorious after life.

We may not fully understand it yet, like many great venture, we know in part. But a day is coming that we will know as much as we are known.
Re: Apostle Suleman Remembers Benson Idahosa 23 Years After Death (photo) by Kobojunkie: 7:53pm On Mar 12, 2021
Etfash:
Escatology isn't that simple.
Jesus Christ did not send you to learn Escatology. He made His teachings simple and taught it to uneducated fishermen, who obeyed them and then went to spread the teachings as they were commanded.
Etfash:
When Hebrews 12 tells us about the gathering of Just men made perfect, who was it referring to?
When Jesus said to the thief at his right hand "today, you will be with me in paradise" where was Jesus referring to? Some tell about paradise, heaven, hell, and the lake of fire as different.
If you followed Jesus Christ's own teachings, you would have realized that "Paradise" is not the same as the "Kingdom of Heaven or Hell".

According to Jesus Christ, it will not until at the end, when He returns that He will call up the dead and judge their works. He gave you parable after parable to illustrate this very message of His.
1. Parable of the Wheat and the Weeds

Matthew 13 vs 24 - 30 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
24. Then Jesus used another story to teach them. Jesus said, “God’s kingdom is like a man who planted good seed in his field. 25. That night, while everyone was asleep, the man’s enemy came and planted weeds among the wheat and then left.
26. Later, the wheat grew, and heads of grain grew on the plants. But at the same time, the weeds also grew.
27. Then the man’s servants came to him and said, ‘You planted good seed in your field. Where did the weeds come from?’
28. “The man answered, ‘An enemy planted weeds. The servants asked, ‘Do you want us to go and pull up the weeds?’
29. “He answered, ‘No because when you pull up the weeds, you might also pull up the wheat.
30. Let the weeds and the wheat grow together until the harvest time. At the harvest time, I will tell the workers this: First, gather the weeds and tie them together to be burned. Then gather the wheat and bring it to my barn.’”
Jesus Christ even provided you an explanation to the Parable of the wheat and the weeds

The Parable of the Weeds Explained
Matthew 13 vs 36-43 (ERV)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
36. Then he left the crowds and went into the house. And his disciples came to him, saying, “Explain to us the parable of the weeds of the field.”
37. He answered, “The one who sows the good seed is the Son of Man.
38. The field is the world, and the good seed is the sons of the kingdom. The weeds are the sons of the evil one,
39. and the enemy who sowed them is the devil. The harvest is the end of the age, and the reapers are angels.
40. Just as the weeds are gathered and burned with fire, so will it be at the end of the age.
41. The Son of Man will send his angels, and they will gather out of his kingdom all causes of sin and all law-breakers,
42. and throw them into the fiery furnace. In that place there will be weeping and gnashing of teeth.
43. Then the righteous will shine like the sun in the kingdom of their Father. He who has ears, let him hear.
Another one of the parables of the kingdom of Heaven which Jesus Christ told to His followers, is popularly known as the parable of the 10 virgins.

Matthew 25 vs 1- (ERV)
1. “Then the kingdom of heaven will be like ten virgins who took their lamps[a] and went to meet the bridegroom.
[b] 2.
Five of them were foolish, and five were wise.
3. For when the foolish took their lamps, they took no oil with them,
4. but the wise took flasks of oil with their lamps.
5. As the bridegroom was delayed, they all became drowsy and slept.
6. But at midnight there was a cry, ‘Here is the bridegroom! Come out to meet him.’
7. Then all those virgins rose and trimmed their lamps.
8. And the foolish said to the wise, ‘Give us some of your oil, for our lamps are going out.’
9. But the wise answered, saying, ‘Since there will not be enough for us and for you, go rather to the dealers and buy for yourselves.’
10. And while they were going to buy, the bridegroom came, and those who were ready went in with him to the marriage feast, and the door was shut.
11. Afterward the other virgins came also, saying, ‘Lord, Lord, open to us.’
12. But he answered, ‘Truly, I say to you, I do not know you.’
13. Watch therefore, for you know neither the day nor the hour.
In all of these parables, He explains that it is not until the end when He returns that He will raise the dead and judge them their works here on earth.

Jesus Christ said something telling on the cross to the thief you mentioned. Jesus Christ, who did not ascend to Heaven until after He rose on the third day, said He that he, the thief, would be with Him, Jesus Christ, in a place called Paradise, on that very day. Obviously, we know that Paradise can't indeed be Heaven because
1. Jesus Christ did not ascend to Heaven on the day He died - not even on the third day.
2. According to Jesus Christ's own teachings(parables included), entrance into Heaven(and Hell) will be granted only when He returns.

There are other reasons but the two above are enough to help anyone realize that Paradise can't be Heaven.

I am not sure what your eschatological teachings(doctrines) tell you but unless you accept(Trust) and obey the teachings of Jesus Christ, you are simply believing in the lies of men, and not the Truth of God.
Etfash:
Have you also considered that Revelation tells us the Lamb of God (a description of the Jesus who was crucified in Revelation) was crucified before the foundation of the world.. how do you see it?
The book of Revelation is a book of a dream/vision that John the apostle had while he was on a deserted island. It was never given to you as a way to maneuver your way around the teachings of Jesus Christ as far as Heaven is concerned.

Remember, The Kingdom belongs to Jesus Christ and it is in His teachings that the Truth of the Kingdom is revealed to you. Every other doctrine has to comply with His teachings or is rendered meaningless as a result.
Etfash:
The truth is, we should major on the major:

If you are yet to receive Christ as Lord and Saviour, you are a sinner headed for the Lake of Fire. Repent by accepting the substitutional death of Jesus Christ the Son of God and inherit the righteousness of God in Christ. This way in the present world you have the kingdom of God within you (peace, righteousness and joy) and when you depart mortality, you are sure of a glorious afterlife.
We may not fully understand it yet, like many great ventures, we know in part. But a day is coming that we will know as much as we are known.
Substitutional death? What the hell is that? undecided

Inherit the righteousness of God in Christ? Where did Jesus Christ inform you that you "inherit the righteousness of God" in Him? Can you please provide from the teachings of Jesus Christ Himself where you get this from? undecided

Understanding of the teachings of Jesus Christ is given to those who accept(Trust) and obey the teachings of Jesus Christ. So, if you still do not know that Jesus Christ taught us all that no one will enter into Heaven until after He returns.

Matthew 25 vs 31-40 (ESV)
31. “The Son of Man will come again with divine greatness, and all his angels will come with him. He will sit as king on his great and glorious throne.
32. All the people of the world will be gathered before him. Then he will separate everyone into two groups. It will be like a shepherd separating his sheep from his goats.
33. He will put the sheep on his right and the goats on his left.
34. “Then the king will say to the godly people on his right, ‘Come, my Father has great blessings for you. The kingdom he promised is now yours. It has been prepared for you since the world was made.
35. It is yours because when I was hungry, you gave me food to eat. When I was thirsty, you gave me something to drink. When I had no place to stay, you welcomed me into your home.
36. When I was without clothes, you gave me something to wear. When I was sick, you cared for me. When I was in prison, you came to visit me.’
37. “Then the godly people will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry and give you food? When did we see you thirsty and give you something to drink?
38. When did we see you with no place to stay and welcome you into our home? When did we see you without clothes and give you something to wear?
39. When did we see you sick or in prison and care for you?’
40. “Then the king will answer, ‘The truth is, anything you did for any of my people here, you also did for me.’
[b] 41.
“Then the king will say to the evil people on his left, ‘Get away from me. God has already decided that you will be punished. Go into the fire that burns forever—the fire that was prepared for the devil and his angels.
42. You must go away because when I was hungry, you gave me nothing to eat. When I was thirsty, you gave me nothing to drink.
43. When I had no place to stay, you did not welcome me into your home. When I was without clothes, you gave me nothing to wear. When I was sick and in prison, you did not care for me.’
44. “Then those people will answer, ‘Lord, when did we see you hungry or thirsty? When did we see you without a place to stay? Or when did we see you without clothes or sick or in prison? When did we see any of this and not help you?’
45. “The king will answer, ‘The truth is, anything you refused to do for any of my people here, you refused to do for me.’
46. “Then these evil people will go away to be punished forever. But the godly people will go and enjoy eternal life.”
Are you sure you know and belong to Him who you claim you do?
Re: Apostle Suleman Remembers Benson Idahosa 23 Years After Death (photo) by Etfash(m): 9:23pm On Mar 12, 2021
@Kobojunkie, I am aware of the difference between hell, lake of fire, paradise and heaven. And, yes I know the Christ of God whom I believe.

It won't be great to begin to debate issues that for me are minor here in the public space. If you already put your faith in Christ and believe he died and rose again, I will say keep up with what you have believed and grow in his grace.

However, if it is only the 4 gospels: Matthew, Mark, Luke and John are the teachings of Christ to you, then, I am sorry, because Jesus Christ is at the centre of it all. I have a lot to say about all that you said, but like I said, there is no gain here.
Re: Apostle Suleman Remembers Benson Idahosa 23 Years After Death (photo) by DisLifeSha: 9:25pm On Mar 12, 2021
He is not worth to an inch of TB Joshua

heniford2:
the greatest man of God
Re: Apostle Suleman Remembers Benson Idahosa 23 Years After Death (photo) by Etfash(m): 9:31pm On Mar 12, 2021
DisLifeSha:

No need.

If Idahosa was, and TB Joshua is a great servant of God, we should let God judge that Himself since He's their master.
Re: Apostle Suleman Remembers Benson Idahosa 23 Years After Death (photo) by Kobojunkie: 9:40pm On Mar 12, 2021
Etfash:
@Kobojunkie, I am aware of the difference between hell, lake of fire, paradise and heaven. And, yes I know the Christ of God whom I believe.
If the above is true, then why did you suggest in your previous comment that Heaven and Paradise are one of the same destinations?undecided
You claim you know the Christ of God whom you believe, but do you know, accept(trust) and obey the commandments/teachings of Jesus Christ as detailed in the 4 Gospels? undecided
Etfash:
It won't be great to begin to debate issues that for me are minor here in the public space. If you already put your faith in Christ and believe he died and rose again, I will say keep up with what you have believed and grow in his grace.
How can this be considered "minor" when we are in a section called "Religion" and discussing where a dead man, who was supposedly a believer in Jesus Christ, when h was alive, is at this time?

Grow in Grace? How are we supposed to do that without fully knowing, accepting(trusting) and obey the very teachings/commandments of Jesus Christ(the New Covenant)?
Etfash:
However, if it is only the 4 gospels: Matthew, Mark, Luke and John are the teachings of Christ to you, then, I am sorry, because Jesus Christ is at the centre of it all. I have a lot to say about all that you said, but as I said, there is no gain here.
I hate to be the one to tell you this too. Jesus Christ never told you to put your trust in the words or teachings of any man, not even in the teachings of that of His very own apostles. Instead, over and over in His teaching, He told you to trust and obey His own teaching. He warned you that there will indeed be false teachers who will come to you in His name teaching you doctrines and traditions(commandments) of men that are not of Him, and that you should only trust and obey His own teaching and rejecting the lies. And how do you know what is man's doctrine and commandments of men? You do so by comparing everything you hear against the teachings of Jesus Christ which are documented in the 4 Gospels.
Re: Apostle Suleman Remembers Benson Idahosa 23 Years After Death (photo) by Nobody: 5:08am On Mar 13, 2021
A man whom God raised in rescuing the city of Benin from Broad daylight witchcraft and demonic intensities .

https://www./199678591951980

Re: Apostle Suleman Remembers Benson Idahosa 23 Years After Death (photo) by heniford2: 8:18am On Mar 16, 2021
DisLifeSha:
see this one

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

The Lord Has Shown Me Where Nigeria Next President Will Come From - Primate Ayo / Prophet Samuel Akinbodunse: "Buhari Will Die If Goes For Second Term" (Video) / Police Seal Ogun Celestial Church Where 9 Year Old Boy Was Chained (photos)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.