Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,478 members, 7,816,126 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:59 AM

Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? (13970 Views)

Do You Have An Accent? / The Best African Accent? / Why Do Girls Form Fake Accent Anyways? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by kojeiwa(m): 1:54am On Jul 07, 2007
I have a friend that likes girls with British accent. His girlfriend has a British accent and that fascinate him. If a girl or guy has an unusual accent does that fascinated or annoys you.
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by Freewilly(f): 2:07am On Jul 07, 2007
I don't know, but I do know that your post is turning me off sad

1 Like

Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by iice(f): 4:35am On Jul 07, 2007
Accents? Yes i love accents of many kinds.
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by uyai(f): 4:48am On Jul 07, 2007
my boyfriend loves my accent. Thinks it's kinda cute.

I personally love jamaican and basian accents. There is nothing sexier than those people trying to chat u up
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by naijacutee(f): 10:22am On Jul 07, 2007
I find the Jamaican and New Zealanders accent totally incomprehensible. I used to find the South African/Zim accent incomprehensible too, until I started sharing house with a Zim 2 weeks ago. . . I enjoy hearing Ghanaians and Indians speak.
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by doctorb1(f): 10:34am On Jul 07, 2007
british accent!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :d ;d
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by MP007(m): 11:05am On Jul 07, 2007
love the british accent, although i hate when nigerians speak it , their face looks horrible as they try to over-speak and over-style, fella u digg/ just dey try show off, pisses me out .
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by iice(f): 11:44am On Jul 07, 2007
Australian accent irritates me especially those really pronounced ones grin grin. Love the british accent though
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by folanusi(m): 4:43pm On Jul 09, 2007
Hate the British accents except the scouser's (manchester, liverpool, newcastle)

Love the Irish accent. Especially coming from a woman.

Can't understand a word of the typical scottish accent.
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by angel101(f): 9:09pm On Jul 09, 2007
I just hate the texan accent. Love the british one though
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by iice(f): 3:30am On Jul 10, 2007
Yeah the southern accent has to be mild for me to not grit my teeth! grin

Don't understand a word of the scots brogue but i loff it tongue grin
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by Tonim(f): 3:46am On Jul 10, 2007
I'm not too fond of the british accent. texan accent gives me the creeps.
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by Freewilly(f): 4:25am On Jul 10, 2007
Tonim:

I'm not too fond of the british accent. texan accent gives me the creeps.

angry angry angry angry cheesy
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by heyo: 5:20am On Jul 11, 2007
u guyz should all get a life n give remarks on consequential matters instead of freaking us out wit all this accent bullshit, of wat benefit is the accents 2 us?
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by Seun(m): 7:51am On Jul 11, 2007
Keira Knightley's British accent is just too lovely. kiss
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by Mustay(m): 8:03am On Jul 11, 2007
I hate the british accent.

Especially the guys
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by mimiko(f): 8:17am On Jul 11, 2007
with all the fake people around thats speaks funny? PLEASE
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by zubbiedan(m): 8:50am On Jul 11, 2007
me, i don't like it when people form unnecessary accent,while trying to belong to a class above theirs.
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by angel101(f): 9:24am On Jul 11, 2007
heyo:

u guys should all get a life n give remarks on consequential matters instead of freaking us out wit all this accent bullshit, of what benefit is the accents 2 us?

Did u see the title of the thread before u clicked on it? shocked
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by Njoy1(f): 9:42am On Jul 11, 2007
Ooooh la la, I love the French accent.
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by Eniboy: 9:59am On Jul 11, 2007
angel101

i was wondering myself if this person did not bother looking at the topic b4 clicking or was he/she blind folded or something.

thanks angel101 i like such response for pple like that.

psl dont grow weary in doing more of this, ''KUDOS''
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by Everbright(f): 10:04am On Jul 11, 2007
I love the british accent but it turns my tummy when it's faked especially by Nigerians sad
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by Bruekeleen: 11:06am On Jul 11, 2007
Enough of these "being to accents." I"ll go for a calabar accent any day. Rspecially from Uyo.
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by chuckdee4(m): 11:43am On Jul 11, 2007
Love an irish accent, it almost sounds like they're singing
An Italian trynna speak English is nothing short of comical
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by bluesky4(f): 11:47am On Jul 11, 2007
It annoys me when Nigerians put on a fake British accent, it just ruins it.
The British accent is very diverse, but i can't stand the Welsh accents.
has anyone noticed that a British accent only works when the person is British. Even when American actors try and do the British accent is sounds wrong.

I love the Irish and the French accent.
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by adechuks(m): 11:54am On Jul 11, 2007
how come no-one has talked abt a Hausa babe speaking lovely english, with the lilting accent.
or the calabar man that operates okada in port harcourt.
One you love, the other you cant but find amusing.
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by pololo(m): 12:08pm On Jul 11, 2007
PPl why not compare the nigerian accents, Lagos yoruba i like , other yoruba accents i hate , i wander why we never really look inward when topics are posted, rather than concor to the Neo colonised views, we know we all are diversed by were we are domiciled but we are nigerians by blood and this is our forum.
Country ppl talk to me.
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by RichDad1(m): 12:16pm On Jul 11, 2007
@pololo ,
Thanks joooo.

@all
Lets talk about our own accent.Love hearing a typical Oyo or Ijesha man speaking english, grin
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by adechuks(m): 12:34pm On Jul 11, 2007
@pololo
i think your present environment immediately matters when contributing to posts, as someone in ontario or seattle will see less ijesha men than the one in oke-imesi.
and a yoruba person like me would really never have known what these calabar okada riders sound like, save for the imitations from comedians.

so it's ok to contribute and talk about welsh and new zealand, or southern (as in Texas, Georgia, Alabama, Mississippi) accents.

i was just wondering why we all missed out the ibo way of calling orange "olange". (twas so hilarious hearing that on the streets of Orlu)
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by Mandora(f): 1:12pm On Jul 11, 2007
It may facinate me 4 a while.
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by Nobody: 1:47pm On Jul 11, 2007
For International

Italian accent is fantastic, i detest the russian accent

For Nigerian

All accents are fantastic and funny as well,
Re: Accent That Fascinates Or Annoys You? by sparkandy(m): 4:35pm On Jul 11, 2007
I love the Hausa people speak, french, Italians as well as the mexicans but I don't really like the british accent. smiley

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Yorubas From Ijebu Are Descendents of North Sudan's Nubians / Brazilian Tourists Vow To Promote Yoruba Culture / PHOTOS: Virgin Ladies Flaunt Bare Boobs At A Festival In Rivers State (18+)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 25
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.