Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,596 members, 7,809,167 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:26 AM

No Fuel Increment Until Conclusion Of FG, Labour Talks – Sylva - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / No Fuel Increment Until Conclusion Of FG, Labour Talks – Sylva (14696 Views)

FG, Labour Talks Collapse, NLC Begins Strike Aug 14 / Minimum Wage: Details Of New Adjustment Formula Agreed By FG, Labour / New Minimum Wage: Atiku States Position On FG, Labour Face-off (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

No Fuel Increment Until Conclusion Of FG, Labour Talks – Sylva by Omooba77: 2:56pm On Mar 12, 2021
Chief Timipre Sylva, Minister of State for Petroleum Resources, says there will be no increment in the pump price of Premium Motor Spirit (PMS) until conclusion of consultation with Organised

Sylva gave the assurance while addressing newsmen on Friday in Lagos.

The minister said the clarification was necessitated by reports that the price of PMS, commonly known as petrol, had been increased to N212.61 per litre.

He said: ” Irrespective of the source of that information, I want to assure you that it is completely untrue.

“Neither Mr President who is the Minister of Petroleum Resources nor myself who deputise for him as minister of state has approved that petrol price should be increased by one naira.

“I therefore urge you to disregard this misleading information.”

According to him, for the past few months, the government has been in consultation with organised labour to find the least painful option to respond to the global rise of crude price which has inevitably led to increase in petrol prices.

He said it was unthinkable that government would unilaterally abandon these discussions and act in the manner suggested by the information under reference.

Sylva maintained that cynicism and deceit have never been the trademark of the President Muhammadu Buhari’s administration.

“I will like to equally assure you that the engagement with the organised labour and other stakeholders will continue even as the calculations to arrive at a reasonable price regime are being done; all in good faith and you will be availed of the final outcome at the appropriate time.

“Until then, all marketers are strongly advised to maintain the current pump price of PMS before the emergence of this unfortunate information.

“Those who may want to take advantage of this unfortunate information to extort Nigerians should not give in to such temptations as there are regulatory mechanisms that government can enforce to protect its citizens.

“In conclusion, I want to sincerely apologise to all Nigerians for any distress and inconvenience the unfortunate information might have caused, “he said.

https://www.vanguardngr.com/2021/03/no-fuel-increment-until-conclusion-of-fg-labour-talks-sylva/amp/

3 Likes 5 Shares

Re: No Fuel Increment Until Conclusion Of FG, Labour Talks – Sylva by InfernoNig: 2:58pm On Mar 12, 2021
For my end, na 220 now

21 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Fuel Increment Until Conclusion Of FG, Labour Talks – Sylva by Fahdiga(m): 2:59pm On Mar 12, 2021
Continue deceiving yourself Sylva. Nigeria is gone to the dogs

52 Likes 2 Shares

Re: No Fuel Increment Until Conclusion Of FG, Labour Talks – Sylva by MickzyDonald: 3:01pm On Mar 12, 2021

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Fuel Increment Until Conclusion Of FG, Labour Talks – Sylva by Henrydonland(m): 3:01pm On Mar 12, 2021
omo oluwa jus come now,I don tire for this country

2 Likes

Re: No Fuel Increment Until Conclusion Of FG, Labour Talks – Sylva by chatinent: 3:02pm On Mar 12, 2021
Timpre who was once a governor. Na wa o. The same sets of people have been ruling us since inception.

9 Likes

Re: No Fuel Increment Until Conclusion Of FG, Labour Talks – Sylva by Amotolongbo(f): 3:03pm On Mar 12, 2021
He said: ” Irrespective of the source of that information, I want to assure you that it is completely untrue.

“Neither Mr President who is the Minister of Petroleum Resources nor myself who deputise for him as minister of state has approved that petrol price should be increased by one naira.

“I therefore urge you to disregard this misleading information.”
One needs no more proof that PMS price has been increased.

Nigeria has been practicing Ironicracy since the inception of this administration.
Just expect the opposite of whatever they’ve said

27 Likes

Re: No Fuel Increment Until Conclusion Of FG, Labour Talks – Sylva by Nobody: 3:04pm On Mar 12, 2021
This fuel this politicians are increasing on a daily basis is a gift from God that they don't even pay for it.Why extorting from the poor to feed the thieving rich?

38 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Fuel Increment Until Conclusion Of FG, Labour Talks – Sylva by Simplyleo: 3:06pm On Mar 12, 2021
Well, it is possible the appropriate authority has not taken an official position on the expected new pump price, but some inquisitive mind might have had access to documents highlighting what the discussion will be centred around.

And as the case has always been, any rumoured information about govt planned action inimical to the masses always turn out to be true, so we are all bracing up for when official announcement will be made. It won't be different from the rumoured price.

However, since this information has leaked, we all know the official announcement might be significantly different, just to prove a point.

Increase in international oil price that should be a blessing to oil producing countries is being turned by some greedy folks in authorities into hardship.

Since the price has increased internationally, instead of devising a means to cushion effect of the increased landing cost, the masses will rather bear that cost while few of you enjoy the windfall.

Make una continue.

7 Likes 1 Share

Re: No Fuel Increment Until Conclusion Of FG, Labour Talks – Sylva by Omooba77: 3:06pm On Mar 12, 2021
Amotolongbo:
One needs no more proof that PMS price has been increased.

Nigeria has been practicing Ironicracy since the inception of this administration.
Just expect the opposite of whatever they’ve said

Why did PPPRA adjusted the template dead in the night and quickly deleted it now?

5 Likes

Re: No Fuel Increment Until Conclusion Of FG, Labour Talks – Sylva by Omooba77: 3:07pm On Mar 12, 2021
Which NLC, the toothless and lifeless dogs!

1 Like

Re: No Fuel Increment Until Conclusion Of FG, Labour Talks – Sylva by Inception(m): 3:07pm On Mar 12, 2021
FIX OUR GODDAMNED REFINERIES!

1 Like

Re: No Fuel Increment Until Conclusion Of FG, Labour Talks – Sylva by Amotolongbo(f): 3:09pm On Mar 12, 2021
Omooba77:

Why did PPPRA adjusted the template dead in the night and quickly deleted it now?
It was just an intro.

They were testing microphone ni

16 Likes

Re: No Fuel Increment Until Conclusion Of FG, Labour Talks – Sylva by Omooba77: 3:19pm On Mar 12, 2021
Amotolongbo:
It was just an intro.

They were testing microphone ni

Trying to pour water on the ground, before unleashing the suffering next level....

15 Likes

Re: No Fuel Increment Until Conclusion Of FG, Labour Talks – Sylva by Monogamy: 3:21pm On Mar 12, 2021
Which conclusion?

Increasing the fuel price at this moment is inhuman

1 Like

Re: No Fuel Increment Until Conclusion Of FG, Labour Talks – Sylva by Nobody: 3:44pm On Mar 12, 2021
Why the denial? People bought at N210 today.

8 Likes

Re: No Fuel Increment Until Conclusion Of FG, Labour Talks – Sylva by Omooba77: 4:18pm On Mar 12, 2021
Sangotedo to Lekki on serious holdup now becaise of filling stations...Lalsticlala what is the way forward...
Re: No Fuel Increment Until Conclusion Of FG, Labour Talks – Sylva by Omooba77: 4:35pm On Mar 12, 2021
ariketalks:
Why the denial? People bought at N210 today.

Awon boys ti nta epo ni Lekki - Ajah bayi, holdup de mad....
Re: No Fuel Increment Until Conclusion Of FG, Labour Talks – Sylva by Omooba77: 5:51pm On Mar 12, 2021
GMB and Silva are playing with us....

4 Likes

Re: No Fuel Increment Until Conclusion Of FG, Labour Talks – Sylva by GidiHausAgent(m): 8:23pm On Mar 12, 2021
better
Re: No Fuel Increment Until Conclusion Of FG, Labour Talks – Sylva by Omooba77: 8:25pm On Mar 12, 2021
Buhari is shocked at the queues caused by the rush to buy fuel today. I just got back home from the holdup....

1 Like 1 Share

Re: No Fuel Increment Until Conclusion Of FG, Labour Talks – Sylva by LibertyRep: 8:34pm On Mar 12, 2021
So if labour agrees to the increment, then boom!

What's the percentage of the workforce on the FG and State payroll compared to the multitude of masses that will feel the pangs of the increment.

Surely they're testing the waters.

7 Likes

Re: No Fuel Increment Until Conclusion Of FG, Labour Talks – Sylva by Omooba77: 8:38pm On Mar 12, 2021
Anyone waiting for Wabara NLC will wait forever....

4 Likes

Re: No Fuel Increment Until Conclusion Of FG, Labour Talks – Sylva by Robertgreene1(m): 8:38pm On Mar 12, 2021
that one is una problem..as 4 me..I'm leaving this shit hole 4 outer Mongolia..from there I go js port enter inner Mongolia...
Re: No Fuel Increment Until Conclusion Of FG, Labour Talks – Sylva by Omooba77: 9:34pm On Mar 12, 2021
Robertgreene1:
that one is una problem..as 4 me..I'm leaving this shit hole 4 outer Mongolia..from there I go js port enter inner Mongolia...shikena!

Is your name Andrew?
Re: No Fuel Increment Until Conclusion Of FG, Labour Talks – Sylva by Ajibaba101(m): 9:36pm On Mar 12, 2021
whats this one saying

contact me for Canada, Germany, UK work and study abroad
visa let me add you to the gc...check my contact on my
signature
Re: No Fuel Increment Until Conclusion Of FG, Labour Talks – Sylva by HOVER206: 10:45pm On Mar 12, 2021
A friend of mine bought fuel 209, per litre
Re: No Fuel Increment Until Conclusion Of FG, Labour Talks – Sylva by HOVER206: 10:48pm On Mar 12, 2021
Any government vehicles seen should be seized or set ablaze

3 Likes

Re: No Fuel Increment Until Conclusion Of FG, Labour Talks – Sylva by NwaNimo1(m): 10:48pm On Mar 12, 2021

1 Like

Re: No Fuel Increment Until Conclusion Of FG, Labour Talks – Sylva by slivertongue: 11:32pm On Mar 12, 2021
trust buhari and APC at ur own peril

6 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Ugwumba Uche Nwosu Bags Africa Achievers Award At The Uk Parliament In London. / Rep Unisa Speak On Lawmakers’ Move To Unseat Speaker Gbajabiamila / Sagay Panel Accuses Malami Of Aborting High-profile Criminal Cases

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.