Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,015 members, 7,817,993 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Google Listing - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Google Listing (978 Views)

Everybody Please Submit Your Website Url For Listing In A New Directory / How Blog Listing Helps Linda Ikeji / How Blog Listing Helps Linda Ikeji (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Google Listing by afroxyz: 2:47am On Jul 07, 2007
plz how do i get my site listed in google
Re: Google Listing by obabs(m): 9:37pm On Jul 08, 2007
Try

www.dmoz.org

Or just type "dmoz" into an internet search engine.
Re: Google Listing by Seun(m): 2:15pm On Jul 10, 2007
Submit it to various web directories and promote the website through your friends.
You can also submit your website to google directly here: www.google.com/addurl/
Re: Google Listing by ujuslims(f): 11:45pm On Jul 10, 2007
Seun God bless yu jare!,
this is something that most search engines are doin for free that some guy wants to take 5k for, mhhh!
Re: Google Listing by Cactus(m): 12:45am On Jul 11, 2007
@simach: can i pay you to be posting my replies?
Re: Google Listing by my2cents(m): 6:23pm On Feb 14, 2008
ujuslims:
it's called convenience. Look at it this way: If you want to fly from Lagos to say, Abuja, you could either take time out of your day to buy the ticket directly from the airline or pay a travel agent to do it for you. In the end, that is their business and you have a choice of whether or not to use their services. Capitalism at its best.

afroxyz:
There is one more thing you need to do. There is a difference b/w being listed in google and being listed in google but with a low ranking. What is the essence of you being listed on google if you are on page 20? For the latter, you need to make sure your website's structure adheres to web standards and is semantically marked up. This is called Search Engine Optimization (SEO).

Another way to get listed is via google adwords. Here, you pay google to list you on their site and for certain keywords of your choosing, whenever a user clicks your link, you get charged. You get to bid for keywords and the more you pay, the higher you are ranked. This is called Search Engine Marketing (SEM).

In conclusion, listing with search engines is just the beginning. Read up on SEO and SEM for more details. I hope this helps.
Re: Google Listing by niyyie(m): 10:52pm On Feb 14, 2008
SEO is a whole industry on its own. We usually get it wrong because we don't believe we can pay experts to get it right for us.
I know quite much about SEO and I always make sure every website I build from the scratch is optimized for search engines. The client bears the cost. Of course an average Nigerian client would say NO if you asked him/her to pay for something called SEARCH ENGINE OPTIMIZATION. H/she simply assume you trying to hassle money out of him/her.
Re: Google Listing by kheme(m): 10:40pm On Jan 08, 2010
seeing that there are people with clues about SEO, can i direct you guys to a thread i have over here: https://www.nairaland.com/nigeria/topic-378121.0.html

thanks
Re: Google Listing by mbanusick(m): 1:43pm On Jan 14, 2010
Please I just saw SEM here, what does it mean,
Re: Google Listing by yawatide(f): 2:41pm On Jan 14, 2010
(S)earch (E)ngine (M)arketing

(1) (Reply)

What Is Web Accessibility? / Paypal Etc In Nigeria / I Need A Site Like Dis

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.