Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,930 members, 7,817,721 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 05:54 PM

Home Jollof Rice VS Ceremony Jollof Rice - Food - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Food / Home Jollof Rice VS Ceremony Jollof Rice (958 Views)

Foreign Rice Vs Local Rice, Which One Done Fast? / Nigerian Concoction Rice Vs Nigerian Jollof Rice / Gambia Beat Nigeria , Ghana And Senegal In Jollof Rice Competition (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Home Jollof Rice VS Ceremony Jollof Rice by Nobody: 12:14pm On Mar 13, 2021
Please why is it that no matter how you cook home rice, even if you use firewood, it hardly tastes like ceremony rice? is there a ceremony spirit roaming round to locate ceremony rice?? Please why is ceremony rice unique? what are they adding to it Is it the quarrel from the women cooking it that makes it sweet in a special way??
Re: Home Jollof Rice VS Ceremony Jollof Rice by olasaad(f): 12:24pm On Mar 13, 2021
Honestly this is a very serious matter
Re: Home Jollof Rice VS Ceremony Jollof Rice by chatinent: 12:26pm On Mar 13, 2021
I actually prefer the one I cook.

Those party rice that will make you eat about five plates, and step it down with two cans of malt, and one stolen can, and be demanding for extra plates..or “if possible, just give me soup..or anything that's available.”

Re: Home Jollof Rice VS Ceremony Jollof Rice by MajesticKris: 1:40pm On Mar 13, 2021
I guess you didn't invoke the spirit of jollof rice ...
There's a leaf used to make it taste that way..
Re: Home Jollof Rice VS Ceremony Jollof Rice by mariahAngel(f): 3:38pm On Mar 13, 2021
spoked:
Please why is it that no matter how you cook home rice, even if you use firewood, it hardly tastes like ceremony rice? is there a ceremony spirit roaming round to locate ceremony rice?? Please why is ceremony rice unique? what are they adding to it Is it the quarrel from the women cooking it that makes it sweet in a special way??

The reason why party/ceremonial jollof rice seem to taste better than the home cooked one is mostly because there's excess chicken/turkey/beef.
Excess chicken/turkey/beef equals excess stock, and excess stock equals very delicious jollof rice.
Apart from that, the flavourful oil used in frying all those meats give more intense flavour to the jollof rice, plus enough tatase, sombo, rodo that give their colour and taste too.
You get?
Re: Home Jollof Rice VS Ceremony Jollof Rice by pozehnani(f): 6:19pm On Mar 13, 2021
There's nothing special they add only that what you don't get right is the complete recipe used for party jollof or you may feel it's too much to use at home l but thats what makes the difference.

Another thing is the method of cooking. This can also affect the taste of the home cooked jollof.

I'm into catering. So let me help you with the exact receipe that will work for the home cooked jollof to make it taste like the partys.

Now to make your home jollof taste exactly like the *party" type, the following are a must have.

Tomatoes
Rodo
Tatashe
Long dry pepper
Tin tomatoes

Spice for meat or chicken
Ginger ( very little)
Galic abundance
Onions

Seasoning for meat only
Thyme (very little)
Curry (normal quantity)
Knor chicken

Seasoning for the fried stew and jollof rice
Bayleaf
Cooking Butter (to be added when the rice is done and steaming hot)

Note I didn't include shombo. That pepper can seize the taste of everything in your jollof sauce and make it bland. So I avoid it.

Then slice onions to ganish your rice at the end immediately after adding butter. You can add your mushroom too at that point and some freshly sliced tomatoes. Then cover to simmer with the butter before you give it the final stir.

Use these things exactly the way I grouped them then come back and thank me.

Never add ginger directly to rice. The little from the meat broth should be enough.

(1) (Reply)

Picture Of Snake Killed At My Friend Ghetto Area Just Now / Which Eatry Is The Best in Nigeria? / Sauce

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.