Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,938 members, 7,817,750 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:33 PM

"I Was Raped Five Times" - Iyabo Ojo Narrates Experience Of Sexual Violence - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / "I Was Raped Five Times" - Iyabo Ojo Narrates Experience Of Sexual Violence (283 Views)

Rape: Tonto Dikeh, Real Warri Pikin Protest Against Sexual Violence In Nigeria / NYSC 2020 Passing Out: Nollywood Actor Narrates Experience / Busola Dakolo: I Was Raped By Pastor Biodun Fatoyinbo Of COZA - Timi Dakolo Wife (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

"I Was Raped Five Times" - Iyabo Ojo Narrates Experience Of Sexual Violence by Okoyeaniche(m): 9:33pm On Mar 13, 2021
Nollywood Actress, Iyabo Ojo, has taken to social media to narrate her experience of sexual violence, saying she was raped five times while growing up.

The actress disclosed this in an episode of: “Bare it all with I Y", where she revealed that she was first raped at the age of 14 but refused to tell anyone because it was like taboo to be raped at that time.

Her words:

“I know a lot of ladies who have been through what I have been through. I feel it is time for me to talk to them and make them understand that it is okay to talk about it. To let them know that it is not okay to be in the situation.

"Like I said, yes I have been raped before. Not once but five times. And trust me when I say it wasn’t easy. The first time I was raped, I was 14. It happened at my aunty’s house (not a family member). I didn’t want to talk about it because it was taboo to talk about it. I felt I would be blamed for everything that happened.

"And the second one, that was another terrible one that happened. And I still could not tell anybody in my family. I summoned a bit of courage to tell a friend of mine then and it was one of the reasons I ran away at a particular time. The whole family was looking for me and when they eventually found me, I still didn’t...CONTINUE

1 Share

Re: "I Was Raped Five Times" - Iyabo Ojo Narrates Experience Of Sexual Violence by immortalcrown(m): 9:35pm On Mar 13, 2021
If you want to become more popular in Nigeria, claim to be a victim of rape, the market will sell.
Re: "I Was Raped Five Times" - Iyabo Ojo Narrates Experience Of Sexual Violence by Spending123: 10:02pm On Mar 13, 2021

(1) (Reply)

Best Of GGB Dance Crew 2021 / Okocha Reveals How Arsenal Forced Alex Iwobi To Join Everton (FULL STORY) / I Am A Product Of Grace- Actor Williams Uchemba Buy Two Suvs

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.