Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,434 members, 7,823,010 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 09:21 PM

You Wanted A Trustworthy President?,,,,, Then, that is him. - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / You Wanted A Trustworthy President?,,,,, Then, that is him. (851 Views)

Everything You Wanted To Know About Political Islam But Were Too Afraid To Ask / OBJ Wanted A Buhari/Okonjo-Iweala Ticket In 2011 Polls-- El Rufai. / Obi Wins Nigeria’s Most Trustworthy Gov Award (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

You Wanted A Trustworthy President?,,,,, Then, that is him. by omanzo02: 2:30pm On Apr 13, 2011
Jonathan rebuffs Ciroma, IBB on 2015
Yusuf Alli, Managing Editor, Northern Operation

Fresh facts emerged yesterday that President Goodluck Jonathan’s talks with the Mallam Adamu Ciroma-led Northern Political Leaders Forum collapsed because he refused to accede to two demands by the Forum.

The demands are: a written undertaking that he would spend only a term in office and ensure that power shifts to the North in 2015.

They also asked him to make a broadcast to the nation on these two commitments.

But the President has rebuffed the NPLF leaders over these demands and decided to bear his cross by making fresh inroad into the North through alternative power brokers and northern groups.

The NPLF, in collaboration with Igbo Political Forum, had on Thursday technically withdrawn backing for Jonathan during the forthcoming April 9 poll.

Investigation by The Nation confirmed that the refusal of the President to meet up with these demands actually accounted for the deadlock at last Friday’s meeting with the NPLF leaders.

A top source, who was privy to the talks, spoke in confidence on the grey areas that led to the stalemate.

The source said: “The NPLF leaders raised issues bordering on non-respect of commitments and agreements by the President.

“They therefore asked the President to enter into a written agreement that he would leave in 2015 and that power would shift to the North in 2015. The Peoples Democratic Party would have to be part of the new power deal.

“They even asked him to go the extra mile to make the agreements public through either a press briefing or broadcast before they can give him support.

“They said unlike 2002, they want to hold the President and the PDP liable for these new proposals. They hammered on the question of trust.

“They said they decided to ask for these so that all Nigerians will be witnesses to history.”

[b]But it was gathered that Jonathan considered the demands of the NPLF as undemocratic and unrealistic.

The President queried the rationale behind 10 to 15 people sitting down to determine what will happen to the nation in 2015.

[/b]A top aide of the President, who spoke in confidence, said: “It is true that the President said he cannot enter into a bond on 2015.

[b]“He said as Nigeria ’s President, the NPLF should be able to trust him as a reliable leader who will always do his best to preserve the unity and stability of the nation.

“The President must to abide by the tenets of democracy and allow Nigerians to choose their leaders without fear or favour.

The aide quoted the President as saying:“I won’t write any undertaking. Whoever Nigerians want will be the President. Nigerians will decide their next president in 2015.

“This is a democracy, if I say this is what Nigerians should do in 2015 and they decide otherwise, will you still say that I must impose your will on them?

The source added that the President told the NPLF leaders that the fact that he initiated the talks presupposed that he wanted the best for the nation in 2011 and 2015.
Another factor which might have influenced the President’s position was the fact that he had also made the same promise to the Igbo that it would be their turn in 2015 to produce the president.

“You can see that the matter poses a big dilemma for Mr. President, so he had to do the most sensible,” said a source.

As at press time, however, the source claimed that Jonathan is already “bearing his own cross” by making inroad into the North.

“With the election fast approaching, the President has gone back to his Plan B since the NPLF is technically not backing Jonathan.

“I can assure you that the President has opened discussions with other interest groups and other influential leaders in the North, who are considered as ‘match-makers’ in their own right. It is a kind of divide and rule strategy.

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=13560
Re: You Wanted A Trustworthy President?,,,,, Then, that is him. by egift(m): 2:38pm On Apr 13, 2011
He is a chameleon that is why he need to include a thumbprint and blood sample - else by tomorrow will tell you he never attended the meeting. grin grin grin

Vote Buhari (CPC) lets stop this mess!
Re: You Wanted A Trustworthy President?,,,,, Then, that is him. by cjfavour(m): 2:46pm On Apr 13, 2011
Look at d type of persn we're dealing with.He promised d igbos 2015 and want to promise d north too.
If he has d nation at heart and believe in d ppl's vote why did he go to d NPLF?

I CAN C THRU YOU GEJ, SMART GUY
Re: You Wanted A Trustworthy President?,,,,, Then, that is him. by Odunnu: 2:52pm On Apr 13, 2011
Such an honest an compassionate leader
Re: You Wanted A Trustworthy President?,,,,, Then, that is him. by omanzo02: 2:57pm On Apr 13, 2011
cjfavour:

Look at d type of persn we're dealing with.He promised d igbos 2015 and want to promise d north too.
If he has d nation at heart and believe in d ppl's vote why did he go to d NPLF?

I CAN C THRU YOU GEJ, SMART GUY

egift:

He is a chameleon that is why he need to include a thumbprint and blood sample - else by tomorrow will tell you he never attended the meeting. grin grin grin

I bet the bolded in red shot your points down? grin grin grin grin
Re: You Wanted A Trustworthy President?,,,,, Then, that is him. by jensinmi(m): 5:47pm On Apr 13, 2011
AND THE NPLF GET SHAFTED AGAIN BY JONATHAN!!!

First, he broke the zoning arrangement.

Next, he convinced these idiots that he'll only do 4 years as president and then zone to the north. Now, after using that tactic to win Northern votes at the primary, he has changed his tune again. This man is a criminal.

Why didn't he tell them that Nigerians could choose their leaders 2 months ago before the primary. We'd have seen if Atiku would not have whooped him in the PDP primaries. IBB gave him support on the basis of his saying he would revert to zoning by 2015.

Another factor which might have influenced the President’s position was the fact that he had also made the same promise to the Igbo that it would be their turn in 2015 to produce the president.

Look at it this nonsense, the same man who is telling us Nigerians can choose their own leaders is also the one being said to have told the Igbos they will get presidency in 2015.

People deceiving people indeed. Who knows, maybe he'll make sure we get both a Northern and Igbo president in 2015.

Goodluck Jonathan is a lying, scheming, opportunistic individual.

Galatians 6:7: Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

Jonathan will reap all this chaos he is sowing into the Nigerian political landscape.
Re: You Wanted A Trustworthy President?,,,,, Then, that is him. by ektbear: 6:07pm On Apr 13, 2011
^-- I'm sure everyone will get shafted by gej at least once grin
Re: You Wanted A Trustworthy President?,,,,, Then, that is him. by jensinmi(m): 7:14pm On Apr 13, 2011
ekt_bear:

^-- I'm sure everyone will get shafted by gej at least once grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin

I think we should change his name to President SHAFT!! grin grin

PRESIDENT GOODSHAFT JONATHAN or GOODSHAFTING JONATHAN
Re: You Wanted A Trustworthy President?,,,,, Then, that is him. by efisher(m): 7:26pm On Apr 13, 2011
I am optimistic that the issue of North/South dichotomy will gradually fade away; in the new Nigeria, we shall be talking about Nigeria, not ethnicity, or religion, we shall focus on the economy, infra-structural development, employment and security. This is my covenant with Nigerians; With God's help I promise I will not disappoint you. GEJ via facebook
Re: You Wanted A Trustworthy President?,,,,, Then, that is him. by boycottam: 7:30pm On Apr 13, 2011
He is a chameleon that is why he need to include a thumbprint and blood sample - else by tomorrow will tell you he never attended the meeting.

GBAM!
Re: You Wanted A Trustworthy President?,,,,, Then, that is him. by Akainzo(m): 7:45pm On Apr 13, 2011
omanzo02:

Jonathan rebuffs Ciroma, IBB on 2015
Yusuf Alli, Managing Editor, Northern Operation

Fresh facts emerged yesterday that President Goodluck Jonathan’s talks with the Mallam Adamu Ciroma-led Northern Political Leaders Forum collapsed because he refused to accede to two demands by the Forum.

The demands are: a written undertaking that he would spend only a term in office and ensure that power shifts to the North in 2015.

They also asked him to make a broadcast to the nation on these two commitments.
But the President has rebuffed the NPLF leaders over these demands and decided to bear his cross by making fresh inroad into the North through alternative power brokers and northern groups.[/b]

The NPLF, in collaboration with Igbo Political Forum, had on Thursday technically withdrawn backing for Jonathan during the forthcoming April 9 poll.
Investigation by The Nation confirmed that the refusal of the President to meet up with these demands actually accounted for the deadlock at last Friday’s meeting with the NPLF leaders.

A top source, who was privy to the talks, spoke in confidence on the grey areas that led to the stalemate.

[b]The source said: “The NPLF leaders raised issues bordering on non-respect of commitments and agreements by the President.

“They therefore asked the President to enter into a written agreement that he would leave in 2015 and that power would shift to the North in 2015. The Peoples Democratic Party would have to be part of the new power deal.

“They even asked him to go the extra mile to make the agreements public through either a press briefing or broadcast before they can give him support.
“They said unlike 2002, they want to hold the President and the PDP liable for these new proposals. They hammered on the question of trust.“ They said they decided to ask for these so that all Nigerians will be witnesses to history.”

But it was gathered that Jonathan considered the demands of the NPLF as undemocratic and unrealistic.

The President queried the rationale behind 10 to 15 people sitting down to determine what will happen to the nation in 2015.

A top aide of the President, who spoke in confidence, said: “It is true that the President said he cannot enter into a bond on 2015.

“He said as Nigeria ’s President, the NPLF should be able to trust him as a reliable leader who will always do his best to preserve the unity and stability of the nation.

“The President must to abide by the tenets of democracy and allow Nigerians to choose their leaders without fear or favour.

The aide quoted the President as saying:“I won’t write any undertaking. Whoever Nigerians want will be the President. Nigerians will decide their next president in 2015.

“This is a democracy, if I say this is what Nigerians should do in 2015 and they decide otherwise, will you still say that I must impose your will on them?

The source added that the President told the NPLF leaders that the fact that he initiated the talks presupposed that he wanted the best for the nation in 2011 and 2015.
“I can assure you that the President has opened discussions with other interest groups and other influential leaders in the North, who are considered as ‘match-makers’ in their own right. It is a kind of divide and rule strategy.

http://www.osundefender.org/?p=13560

[size=18pt]SHAME! [/size] [b]Nobody trusts the President again! [/b]I mean even to the point that they would demand a nationwide broadcast to enable Nigerians know the kind of person he is! Kai this man don suffer o.
How can he be promising the Igbos the Presidency in 2015 and also want to promise the North the same Presidency! No wonder the intelligent people there asked him to put pen to paper and also use his mouth to broadcast it.
Re: You Wanted A Trustworthy President?,,,,, Then, that is him. by Dave6: 8:13pm On Apr 13, 2011
GEJ is a True Leader. If he maintains his stand, then this President will be the greatest Naija President I've seen.

PDP is a National Party and Nigerians MUST choose whoever qualifies to lead them.

For this recent development, GEJ will clear most of the votes in the North, because the Northern masses are sick and tired of this zoning madness which only benefits the cabal members.

Now we can see that many people just support certain Candidates just for their own selfish reasons.
Whoever wants to bring his support on the condition that power will be shifted to his kinsmen in the following adm. should please keep his support or vote to himself because the New Nigeria is here and our generation will only want to be led by whoever we deem fit irrespective of tribe or religion.
Re: You Wanted A Trustworthy President?,,,,, Then, that is him. by Nobody: 8:35pm On Apr 13, 2011
Buhari:

Integrity, Competence with Humility

Be wise with your vote!!

@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@@

[flash=850,500]
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=acd4f_miAvA?version=3[/flash]
Re: You Wanted A Trustworthy President?,,,,, Then, that is him. by Nobody: 8:39pm On Apr 13, 2011
jensinmi:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

I think we should change his name to President SHAFT!! grin grin

PRESIDENT GOODSHAFT JONATHAN or GOODSHAFTING JONATHAN

you people will not kill m on this nl cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

who is the president that will screw over his brother man - johnny ! cheesy
Re: You Wanted A Trustworthy President?,,,,, Then, that is him. by Odunnu: 9:01pm On Apr 13, 2011
The umblerra party- Vote PDP, vote Goodluck/Sambo for President. 2011
Re: You Wanted A Trustworthy President?,,,,, Then, that is him. by jensinmi(m): 9:31pm On Apr 13, 2011
oyb:

you people will not kill m on this nl  cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

who is the president that will screw over his brother man - johnny !  cheesy

That president Johnny Shaft is a Bad Mutha. . . (SHUT YOUR MOUTH)  grin grin grin
Re: You Wanted A Trustworthy President?,,,,, Then, that is him. by ektbear: 9:54pm On Apr 13, 2011
jensinmi:

That president Johnny Shaft is a Bad Mutha. . . (SHUT YOUR MOUTH)  grin grin grin

lmao grin grin
Re: You Wanted A Trustworthy President?,,,,, Then, that is him. by Beaf: 9:59pm On Apr 13, 2011
jensinmi:

That president Johnny Shaft is a Bad Mutha. . . (SHUT YOUR MOUTH)  grin grin grin

[size=21pt]Bad belle causes injury! . . .For the only cure. . .
On Saturday, press your hand for UMBLERRRA!!![/size] grin
Re: You Wanted A Trustworthy President?,,,,, Then, that is him. by blacksta(m): 10:16pm On Apr 13, 2011
If the Devil had the keys to the presidency - GEJ will romance him

na wa ooo

anybody here knows what values GEJ stands for?
Re: You Wanted A Trustworthy President?,,,,, Then, that is him. by Nobody: 10:21pm On Apr 13, 2011
He promised the ibo but didn't want to promise the northerners ? Wuruwuru president !
Re: You Wanted A Trustworthy President?,,,,, Then, that is him. by EzeUche(m): 10:25pm On Apr 13, 2011
Jonathan is a calculating man. grin

This will cause friction among Northern leaders with Igbo leaders and allow him to be in the middle.
Re: You Wanted A Trustworthy President?,,,,, Then, that is him. by sbeezy8: 10:25pm On Apr 13, 2011
[size=13pt]they are right in asking him, PDP ZONING IS NOT DEAD[/size]

I know one thing PDP's candidate in 2015 will not be a southerner other than GEJ, PDP is now majority north holding more seats than south.

GEJ was right in saying he will not answer aswell but actually its a party issue. why even go to GEJ, is it not the delegates who nominate the candidates? right now north has more delegates

either way i expect mass decamping from north or  south east.

nigeria might break up 2015 seems like it  wink
Re: You Wanted A Trustworthy President?,,,,, Then, that is him. by EzeUche(m): 10:29pm On Apr 13, 2011
^^^

Sometimes you can be a sensible poster.

(1) (Reply)

Imo Guber Elections In Owerri Video On Youtube / Stalemate In Imo: 28th April2011 / E

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.